Friar in 8v8

Started 24 Jan 2020
by Harvest
in Albion
Is it possible to find group/get grouped with a Melee Focussed Friar?

I really like the concept of a Tanky Bruiser with Healing Procs that uses a Staff, but I hate being an active Off-Healer...

I noticed that now the Friar got upped in the Damage Table from 19 to 21, they gave to him a Back Snare and they also give to him an offensive Healing Proc for the entire Group...

Since Friar have now higher Damage and a Back Snare is it possible to build it like 47 Enha, 39 Staff, 24 Rej (For the third Offensive Heal Proc) & Rest in parry and play it like a Peleer/Melee Train DD? Something like a Reaver but with less damage and a reiable Back Snare.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:09 PM by imweasel
I suppose you could, but why?

Most run 2 clerics. If they need a peeler then take an armsman. Possibly a friar could be worked in, but not so great melee combat (something an armsman or Merc can do) and bad at everything a cleric could do makes one wonder the role of a friar in 8mam groups.

I could see this in a smaller group, where you don't have a 2nd cleric for heals and your peel ability would be appreciated/needed more and having a multirole toon could add coverage roles to a smaller group.

But I think you would have to be more of a hybrid spec (34rejuv/45enh/34staff) to get real use. Your rejuv is just to low for possible damage spiked that would happen.
    Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:32 PM by chryso
    Don't forget the resists.
    Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:58 PM by Harvest
    imweasel wrote:
    Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:09 PM
    I suppose you could, but why?

Most run 2 clerics. If they need a peeler then take an armsman. Possibly a friar could be worked in, but not so great melee combat (something an armsman or Merc can do) and bad at everything a cleric could do makes one wonder the role of a friar in 8mam groups.

I could see this in a smaller group, where you don't have a 2nd cleric for heals and your peel ability would be appreciated/needed more and having a multirole toon could add coverage roles to a smaller group.

But I think you would have to be more of a hybrid spec (34rejuv/45enh/34staff) to get real use. Your rejuv is just to low for possible damage spiked that would happen.

Well but having a Friar in group add Resists, a Melee DPS that is pretty much Tanky as a Plate User, Offensive Group Heal Proc... Also the Damage of a Friar now that the Damage Table is 21 (Compared to the old 19), the damage is not too much far off than the one of a Mercenary/Armsman, also Friar is the only one that have a Haste Buff, increase his DPS probably past the one of a Merc/Arms... So sacrificing one Merc instead of a Friar you only lose a Slam-Bot (If specced Shield) and gain other things...
      Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:43 PM by kedelin
      I would take friar as a back up healer and backline peeler kind of like warden... or I would want friar to be 40 rejuv so he can replace one cleric... then you could run something like sorc mins cleric friar necro pally and anycombo of merc/arms/reaver. Plus only need 18 staff to be able to peel effectively.. I would run 48 enhance 40 rejuv rest staff or 45 enhance 43 rejuv rest staff
      Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:55 PM by thirian24
      Imho, if you're not running a support Friar, you're messing up. HoT, heal proc, resists and peels..

I try HARD to get a Friar in our groups at all times. Even had 3-4 of our guildies respect to support. It's huge.
      Fri 24 Jan 2020 11:29 PM by Harvest
      thirian24 wrote:
      Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:55 PM
      Imho, if you're not running a support Friar, you're messing up. HoT, heal proc, resists and peels..

I try HARD to get a Friar in our groups at all times. Even had 3-4 of our guildies respect to support. It's huge.

With "support" what do you mean?
      Fri 24 Jan 2020 11:45 PM by thirian24
      Harvest wrote:
      Fri 24 Jan 2020 11:29 PM
      thirian24 wrote:

In the support roll, you're there for back up heals, resists, base buffs, HoT, heal proc and snares in the back line. It's a tough roll to fill for someone that isn't really really on their game. But it's a huge key part of any grp imo.

That snare, is nasty.
      Sat 25 Jan 2020 2:56 AM by kedelin
      thirian24 wrote:
      Fri 24 Jan 2020 11:45 PM
      Harvest wrote:
      thirian24 wrote:

In the support roll, you're there for back up heals, resists, base buffs, HoT, heal proc and snares in the back line. It's a tough roll to fill for someone that isn't really really on their game. But it's a huge key part of any grp imo.

That snare, is nasty.
      What spec did they go?
      Sat 25 Jan 2020 2:57 AM by thirian24
      kedelin wrote:
      Sat 25 Jan 2020 2:56 AM
      thirian24 wrote:
      Fri 24 Jan 2020 11:45 PM
      Harvest wrote:

That snare, is nasty.
      What spec did they go?

46 enhance
      43 rejuv
      18 staff
      Sat 25 Jan 2020 8:19 AM by bigne88
      2 good 8 men party in albion are running a really strong hybrid setuo with 1 cleric, 1 friar, paladin, reaver and body train. The damage and the utility are amazingly mixed.
      Sat 25 Jan 2020 2:53 PM by imweasel
      Right now I have a solo pve spec and after reading these posts, I think I would like to try a more support oriented friar.

Is 34rej/45enh/34staff enough rejuv to be a backup healer?

For peeling is the 34 rear snare good enough?
      Sat 25 Jan 2020 5:11 PM by Harvest
      The only thing that I do no understand is why the Phoenix Staffs didn't change the Level-Up Stats Bonus of the Friar, that Class still gain Strenght when he level up, even if Staff Damage is 100% base on Dexterity and Friar have literally zero use for Strenght...
      It was clearly a overlook by Mythic to put that Level-Up Stat for Friar, and I think it would be so easy to fix it.

I mean, change the Strenght Level Up Stat in Dexterity or at least in Quickness...
      Sat 25 Jan 2020 8:16 PM by Azrael
      Afaik thats the reason they gave him self dex/quick buff. Beside that if you change this on friar you could fix bards empathie too hehehehe
      Sun 26 Jan 2020 1:57 AM by Harvest
      Technically Emp on Bard increase the Damage of his DD and Increase the Mana Pool, so it's not a completly dead Stat...

For Friar Strenght do LITERALLY NOTHING...
      Sun 26 Jan 2020 5:20 AM by Freedomcall
      Harvest wrote:
      Sun 26 Jan 2020 1:57 AM
      Technically Emp on Bard increase the Damage of his DD and Increase the Mana Pool, so it's not a completly dead Stat...

For Friar Strenght do LITERALLY NOTHING...

Empathy does nothing for bards. Only charisma matters.
      Sun 26 Jan 2020 11:55 AM by Harvest
      You are right, I accidentally inverted the stats...

Yeah they should also fix that
      This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics