Entice people to EV?

Started 24 Jan 2020
by Gohanssj
in Suggestions
Atm there is no incentive to go to EV for any reason, it's maybe still a FG play ground? not sure as most FG seems to be camping docks recently. last few weeks it's been log in, run as a trio, get killed by a FG in alb, hib, mid, get annoyed, log off.

The whole zone is too bottlenecked (was always an issue with NF that agramon slightly fixed with labby entrances), most people don't leave their own realms solo because if you do you get zerged, but if you stay you are just part of a zerg, all the action revolves around bridges, docks and very very occasionally, runs between keeps.

So you either run in the zerg, get zerged or don't play.

Having a reason to go to EV (or to be honest any other less frequented area) would send traffic another way at least dividing the zergs and giving solo, duo, small man half a chance of finding a decent fight. Like if stealthers are camping the bridges to EV, which they will, then they're not all at the docks or on the bridge ready to add on everything, same for groups roaming, etc. just adds more variety and stops sending everyone to the same 100 square meters that they play in. almost impossible to have a fight, be it solo, small man or even 8v8 without adds instantly on this server. I know a lot of people call radar etc. because of how quickly you get found/added on but realistically it's just a big population filtered into a small zone.

If we don't quarentine some people on EV we will all get Chinese death flu!!!

facts
Sat 25 Jan 2020 4:31 AM by Azuell
I think it's a good idea or as some others have suggested add collection tasks to the ruins and the keeps where the solo zones are currently. I could see it helping the solo/small man action but at the same time I thought the /fairfight list would help too and people don't even use it.

The devs have tried to help us out but at some point you have to put the blame on the players themselves. I just don't think there are many people looking for good fights.

There have been multiple groups tonight that have run from our 2/3 man with equal or greater numbers but then will swoop in when another group shows up. It doesn't make sense to me but it seems like most people don't want a challenge.
Sat 25 Jan 2020 6:54 PM by Norselaw
I've been thinking this exact thing myself. I had an idea of bringing back the capturable objectives even if its just for a small amount of rps, it would encourage roaming off the beaten path. I explored around EV not long ago because I had never seen the zone since they replaced Agramon. Would be a really fun place to fight, expecially the underground keep area. If you haven't seen it its really cool and worth going once just to check it out. Plus when you die there you can use the teleporter to port right back, not sure exactly where you are ported though as i have never used it. I think the reason groups seldom used EV was because of the lag, something to do with zones loading on top of each other. Maybe the technical updates the staff has done since we've had NF might have improved it. +1 for great idea!
Sat 25 Jan 2020 11:52 PM by pollojack
Weird to see "Killed by more numbers" and not see "red is dead" reply. Somehow trios are supposed to be given special treatment when they invariably avoid each other looking for solos. Perhaps not your group but I have camped relic gates watching a group avoid another until an 8man came to wipe and then the trio joined in too.
Sun 26 Jan 2020 12:13 AM by Gohanssj
Yeah well that seems to be the problem with this server in general (or more accurately the players on the server) not many people seem interested in a good fight, they seem to prefer easy rpts. But imo rpts not earned are meaningless, basically like a PvE grind.

And no one is asking for special treatment. But currently there is almost no opportunity to find decent action unless you enjoy the zerg. It's so bottle necked to such limited areas that it's almost impossible to have a fight without adds, which in turn limits the number of people that even venture out looking for good fights
Sun 26 Jan 2020 1:12 AM by Lipsi
My suggestion to make EV more appealing :

Add a NPC to Reset RA timers at the safe zones
- since you can get into this zone only when you use the EV teleporter, means that you died in EV
- less downtimes (don't have to wait 10-15 minutes) means more population to fight
- more interesting fights (you will play up to your full potential and not "save" your RAs because you were at a disadvantage - and you were, because remember, you died to get there^^)
- cannot return to the safe zone after you left it, so less abuse potential
- could add a limit for group size to use that NPC (could work only if solo or up to 4 people, with a timer check to avoid people degrouping/regrouping)

Add some interesting mobs to make it the crossroad of pet charmers
- rather than go to alb for ellyl sage or mid for icestriders or hib for far dorocha, but when you release in EV you don't have a big choice, not even cockatrices
Sun 26 Jan 2020 2:31 AM by kedelin
I would fight only on ev if they could fix the lag problem... server is already horrible for lag.. the min I go ev it makes me wanna log off
Sun 26 Jan 2020 12:30 PM by Gohanssj
kedelin wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020 2:31 AM
I would fight only on ev if they could fix the lag problem... server is already horrible for lag.. the min I go ev it makes me wanna log off

I think that might be a you problem not a server one lol I don't get any noticeable lag in EV
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics