Cost/Worth of a full Lifetap Suit?

Started 22 Jan 2020
by Cadebrennus
in Crafting
How much would it cost, or be worth, to have a full Lifetap suit that is both weaponless and capped, or nearly capped? Typically for a melee or stealther class? Of course the boots and gloves would be 100% quality SC'ed, and the rest of the ROG armor would be 99% to 100%. Thanks for the input.
Thu 23 Jan 2020 2:43 PM by Loki
I think it depends on class a lot, as SB I had a temp from rr8 to rr9 that involved ROG pants and boots. Definitely underwhelming, made me realize full abla is the only way as sneak. Otherwise you are very squishy. And very difficult to make, I had just 3 items as wiggle room for spell craft.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 5:02 AM by Stimmed
Yeah I agree with Loki. My last temp was a mix of heals/ablatives. Think it was chest/something/something heals other 3 ablatives.

Since going full ablative bar chest I think its much better.

Even weapons I don't think are that game changing. The debuff procs d/q add way more value and I would honestly rather a dot proc hit early then a LT proc etc.

All personal preference though! That's the beauty

This is all from my Infiltrators view.

Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:18 PM by Cadebrennus
Stimmed wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 5:02 AM
Yeah I agree with Loki. My last temp was a mix of heals/ablatives. Think it was chest/something/something heals other 3 ablatives.

Since going full ablative bar chest I think its much better.

Even weapons I don't think are that game changing. The debuff procs d/q add way more value and I would honestly rather a dot proc hit early then a LT proc etc.

All personal preference though! That's the beauty

This is all from my Infiltrators view.

First off, thanks to everyone so far for the input.

Secondly, Stimmed you make a great point about weapon proc order. My own order is DoT procs first, then LTs. I have some debuff weapons but don't use them that much since in the past I've usually run with Visi groups regardless of class. I just like that style of play better. It's an excellent suggestion for solo or smallman though.

Regarding armor procs, ablatives do make you more "tanky", but they only mitigate damage. For a LT suit vs a heal suit though, wouldn't a LT suit be better since it heals AND does damage, and also isn't affected by disease? The downside however is the resist rate of Lifetap procs. I'm wondering though if someone should even have multiple suits with different procs for different situations, such as an ablative for this situation, a LT/heal for another, maybe even a DoT suit for another, etc.

Further discussion anyone?
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:30 PM by chryso
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:18 PM
The downside however is the resist rate of Lifetap procs.

This made me think of something.
Would MOF help here? It seems that most procs are level 47 and I believe level 1 of MOF gives you a 3 level increase in spell level.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:01 PM by Cadebrennus
chryso wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:30 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:18 PM
The downside however is the resist rate of Lifetap procs.

This made me think of something.
Would MOF help here? It seems that most procs are level 47 and I believe level 1 of MOF gives you a 3 level increase in spell level.

Very very interesting question. How does one summon a Dev to chime in here? Incense?
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:07 PM by Stimmed
Yeah I defiantly think it comes down to what your fighting and what class you are.

For example anything without disease I think heal procs would be close to LT. Tanks for example or skalds thanes champs etc etc.
For stuff with dis so any sin If you wre choosing just between the 2 I would say LT prolly is better for sure over heals cept on chest but Ablative > heals/LT

This is as a sin fighting all those classes.
Sat 25 Jan 2020 3:06 PM by Lipsi
1/ Cost : i can't tell, it really depends which class, and what ROGs you won't have to pay for.
If you are to buy everything including jewelry, it will certainly cost over hundred of platin for a stealther class because they are already so hard and expensive to template, weaponless, based on SC and ROG high utility jewelry.
On the contrary for an easy to template melee such as savage, a LT ROG armor shouldn't cost more than traditional ArmorCraft+SC+Alchemy procs. It actually probably even costs much less (you can find 99-100 ROG studded with LT dirty cheap) so you should be good with 3 P for armor only and total with all jewelry under 10P i guess.
In the middle you will find all melee that aren't so easy to template (hybrids, dual wielders with lh weapon+shield etc, split spec 1h 2h except from midgard, etc) but still cheaper than stealther

2/ Worth :

Heal proc even mitigated with disease will always heal better than LT proc and damage of LT is anecdotic (barely high enough to be called a "burst" when it procs and at most and over the time, comparable to a low dps damage shield).

Heal = SI Epic chest 225 heal (180x1.25) or 112.5 if target (self) is diseased, and has a 18% proc chance.
All other pieces 125 heal (100x1.25) or 62.5 with disease with a 15% proc chance
Can be crafted with desired bonuses
Average 50-55 utility on SC if 99% qual and 60-65 utility on SC if 100% and 70 with useful bonus on chest (for most classes)
Very fast to complete the full suit (you find the crafter then it's done in a breeze)

LT ROG 95/60% = Has a 15% proc chance
Can be resisted (minimum 10% resist chance + this increases with level of target)
Breaks roots and snares
Breaks engage ability
Cannot be crafted => cannot choose bonuses on item
Utility greatly varies along with rarity and price too from 40ish to 80ish
Deals 88 damage at most (95 x1.25 x0.74 resists 26%), This is without racial resists or resist buffs (can add upto 30% mitigation) and further damage mitigation from empty mind/avoidance of magic/baod i.e. as low as 53 damage and even lower
Heals for 60% = at most 53 down to as low as ... not much (30ish and even lower)
Can be very long to complete the full suit (even if you have the money, the particular bonuses you will need to perfectly cap everything can be troublesome to find, there might simply be nothing that fits at the auction house for several weeks)

LT Merchant 65/100% = Same as 95/60 with a 18% proc chance, a slightly lower damage, a slighly better heal. Available from merchant (for free if you have the feathers)
Much faster that ROG counterpart

Given the anecdotic benefits of LT healing wise, and the long list of flaws it brings along, i'd advise to stick to HEAL+ABLA when it comes to armor, or DOT if you go for the damage part, and keep LT exclusively for use in weapons that you can easily switch (after self buffs, ennemy debuffs, etc)
Unless you already got an extraordinary ROG with just the perfect set of bonuses and utility over 75-80, and LT proc, i wouldn't bother with including that in a template
Thu 17 Sep 2020 7:33 PM by BPICKEREL
If you have a piece of crafted armor with heal proc, can you remove the heal and add ablative instead? Or do you have to make all new armor?

Also, do you have to have a skilled alchemist add a dot proc to a weapon, or can you add the tincture yourself?

Thanks guys
Thu 17 Sep 2020 7:38 PM by gotwqqd
BPICKEREL wrote:
Thu 17 Sep 2020 7:33 PM
If you have a piece of crafted armor with heal proc, can you remove the heal and add ablative instead? Or do you have to make all new armor?

Also, do you have to have a skilled alchemist add a dot proc to a weapon, or can you add the tincture yourself?

Thanks guys
You cannot remove/change/overwrite procs/sc’ing
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Crafting or the latest topics