Thanks Everyone.

Started 20 Jan 2020
by Rhox
in RvR
Since this server was released I have enjoyed every minute of this game. I have looked to re kindle my love for the game ever since TOA killed is back in the day.

The staff has done a great job! The quality of life improvements have been nothing short of perfect! They have a impossible task of keeping everyone happy and they do a great job. I cannot thank them enough for all the hard work and effort they put in to this server.

With this being said I believe its time for me to take a break from the game. Over the past 3 weeks the stealth zergs have completely change the game to a state that is unplayable. Action simply does not exist for stealthers that wish to play at a high level. Combined that with the fact that most people I used to fight have quit there is really no reason to play. A 4 hour session normally only yields 2-4 good challenging fights. Everything else is just getting added.

I realize that I am not going to convince anyone to change their play style and this is not my intent but you have to understand it from our point of view. Most of us have 100+ plat in our template. Each run we spend about 50gold in buffs etc. We do everything to get the most out of characters. Then we run into a group of 3 stealthers that might or might not be geared. Most likely have 6gold in buffs and yet we stand no chance its very frustrating and at the same time we do not have the ability to dodge you. That leaves us to coast action which is add fest or killing travelers which is skillless and is not challenging at all.

I am going to list my characters below and just say think you to everyone I have played with and faught since the server was released. If anyone is in a good late night EST guild that wants to foster a casual let me know. I might get on to fuck around at times because I still love this game. Maybe zerg surf and take some keeps or coastguard or some shit like that.

Mid:
WTB RR5 SM
Rhoxy RR5 Skald
Rhox RR4 Zerker
Rhoxie RR4 Hunter
Gimpy RR4 SB
GImpies RR2 Shaman
Ello RR6 BD (deleted for name)
Gimpy RR4 Thane (deleted for name)

Alb
Meloveyou RR6L9 Inf
Meluvyou RR3 Cleri
Melove RR2 Sorc

Hib
Ello RR6 Ranger
Meluv RR4 NS
Meluvs RR3 Animist

7 Million RPs | 1500 Solo Kills | A shit ton of fun!
Mon 20 Jan 2020 3:41 AM by Stimmed
Yeah the stealth zergs I have noticed are worse then ever Just try and move on if they find me.

Good luck though maybe just a few weeks break might give you a good relax and you can come back keen to kill again!
Mon 20 Jan 2020 10:20 AM by Hypno
Stab them extra hard. That's the key to success
Wed 22 Jan 2020 6:47 PM by Tylaric
We have to stealth Zerg !

There are 743 mids to every 1 Alb and Hib. Every time I run out into the NF I get whacked by 3FGM.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 1:17 PM by Arthoras
Thats a piety, rhox. I had a few fights against you, back in the of days and it was always a great joy to meet and fight you.

not entirely unselfish question on the side: is it really that bad in the moment for visible solo? i had to stop playing shortly after nf due to more workflow and a bit of rvr fatigue... i am constantly fighting with the thought of return, but when it is the old go to bridge and die to hundreds of cuts and beats or go else where and die from boredom i dont think that returning is a good idea.

perhaps for some chatting and pveing... damn this game... why is it always that hard

in regards of the herald page it seems that a lot of my old friends and enemies are gone or had change their avatar, that's why I'm asking here. I hope that doesn't bother anyone.

as always i excuse for my rusty english...

greetings
shalelu
Fri 24 Jan 2020 3:19 PM by Rhox
Arthoras wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 1:17 PM
Thats a piety, rhox. I had a few fights against you, back in the of days and it was always a great joy to meet and fight you.

not entirely unselfish question on the side: is it really that bad in the moment for visible solo? i had to stop playing shortly after nf due to more workflow and a bit of rvr fatigue... i am constantly fighting with the thought of return, but when it is the old go to bridge and die to hundreds of cuts and beats or go else where and die from boredom i dont think that returning is a good idea.

perhaps for some chatting and pveing... damn this game... why is it always that hard

in regards of the herald page it seems that a lot of my old friends and enemies are gone or had change their avatar, that's why I'm asking here. I hope that doesn't bother anyone.

as always i excuse for my rusty english...

greetings
shalelu

For the average players its really not that bad. It worse for a few of us that put a lot of work min/maxing our toons and take pride in our skill.

I personally do not add to anything unless its to make it a fair fight. IE a 1v1 gets added I will jump the adder other then that I keep to myself.

This means I do not get a lot of action and when I do find action its 1v2+

For this play style things are pretty awful. A lot of stealthers have found they cannot beat people 1v1 no matter what rank so they just group up and its frustrating as it multiplies to where hardly anyone solo on stealthers but a select few.

I still hop on for a hour or so here and there but my care level is close to 0. Its more to PA people I know running in full groups for Shits and Giggles because I still love the game it self.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 4:42 PM by knarfknarf
Hey Rhox. Sorry to hear that it is about that time mane. The Stealth Zerging has become completely laughable at this time. All realms do it, but that doesn't mean they should. I see the stealth game not even existing in a few weeks, because these kids need as many RP's as they can get. Oh well, scrubs will be scrubbin.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:52 PM by vxr
Hey! It was fun while it lasted, right? Sorry to hear how frustrating things have gotten. I jumped into discord last week after not being on over a month and checked out @bombzz and noticed you @ed me. LOL sorry if I had caused you some grief. GL with whatever you do next.

~Bombzz
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:58 PM by Rhox
vxr wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:52 PM
Hey! It was fun while it lasted, right? Sorry to hear how frustrating things have gotten. I jumped into discord last week after not being on over a month and checked out @bombzz and noticed you @ed me. LOL sorry if I had caused you some grief. GL with whatever you do next.

~Bombzz

Lol it wasn't a @bombzz for grief. I got a chuckle out of it. My group of 35s where losing there damn mind when you wiped us for a third time. No grief from me.

I still hop on for a few hours here in there as I still love the game. Just hate most of the players so can don't try for long sessions of RvR anymore like I would like.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 8:20 PM by vxr
Rhox wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:58 PM
vxr wrote:

~Bombzz

Lol it wasn't a @bombzz for grief. I got a chuckle out of it. My group of 35s where losing there damn mind when you wiped us for a third time. No grief from me.

I still hop on for a few hours here in there as I still love the game. Just hate most of the players so can don't try for long sessions of RvR anymore like I would like.

I remember that day. This was at drinkers right?

The first 2 times was not just your group. There was an R4 Ranger the first time. 2nd time I got sandwiched between your group, the same ranger and an R5 champ. I had to deal with your group or I would have been killed. You mentioned that I MoCed.. I did and that's because the ranger was plucking me with arrows, but he was coming from Rocots side while your group was at drinkers so I don't think you saw him.

The third time... well I felt bad about that one. I was expecting something else. I remember killing everyone and was like oh damn there wasn't anything there worth fighting. I don't usually like to hit the same group/person more than twice if they are not possing a challenge or a threat (although it does happen). I had no clue that the group was that low (35s) and I thought there was more. There was more, just not there. Right after I ran into the ranger/champ and this time they came with a Warden and an NS.

I heard I got reported for that??? lol
Fri 24 Jan 2020 8:23 PM by Rhox
vxr wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 8:20 PM
Rhox wrote:
vxr wrote:

~Bombzz

The first 2 times was not just your group. There was an R4 Ranger the first time. 2nd time I got sandwiched between your group, the same ranger and an R5 champ. I had to deal with your group or I would have been killed. You mentioned that I MoCed.. I did and that's because the ranger was plucking me with arrows, but he was coming from Rocots side while your group was at drinkers so I don't think you saw him.

The third time... well I felt bad about that one. I was expecting something else. I remember killing everyone and was like oh damn there wasn't anything there worth fighting. I don't usually like to hit the same group/person more than twice if they are not possing a challenge or a threat (although it does happen). I had no clue that the group was that low (35s) and I thought there was more. There was more, just not there. Right after I ran into the ranger/champ and this time they came with a Warden and an NS.

Lol that was it... They all said they where going to report you. I have to talk them off the ledge. Their logic was it was unfair to logout and wait for RA then log back in. There was so much rage in that group that day lol
Fri 24 Jan 2020 8:29 PM by vxr
Rhox wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 8:23 PM
vxr wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 8:20 PM
Rhox wrote:

Lol that was it... They all said they where going to report you. I have to talk them off the ledge. Their logic was it was unfair to logout and wait for RA then log back in. There was so much rage in that group that day lol

I wasn't logging off to wait for RAs, although I can see how it might have seemed that way. The only reason I would do that if I am being hunted down by greater numbers. I was doing work and I play in quick bursts when I take a break. It also gives time for the hibbies/albs to respawn.
Mon 27 Jan 2020 12:09 AM by omicidi
May I have your stuff?
Mon 27 Jan 2020 2:27 AM by omicidi
Dude didn't quit. he's still playing.
Mon 27 Jan 2020 2:56 AM by Rhox
Rhox wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 3:21 AM
I am going to list my characters below and just say think you to everyone I have played with and faught since the server was released. If anyone is in a good late night EST guild that wants to foster a casual let me know. I might get on to fuck around at times because I still love this game. Maybe zerg surf and take some keeps or coastguard or some shit like that.

I did exactly what I said. You saw me on for one of the one or two runs i am gonna make tonight.
Mon 27 Jan 2020 6:52 AM by Neso
Strange way to complain about stealth zergs, but whatever.

I'm quitting, but I'm not... stealth zergs btw!
Mon 27 Jan 2020 1:41 PM by Rhox
Neso wrote:
Mon 27 Jan 2020 6:52 AM
Strange way to complain about stealth zergs, but whatever.

I'm quitting, but I'm not... stealth zergs btw!

I guess I should take down the post. I feel like when you go from playing 4-6 hours every day to 30 minute here in there is a pretty big change. Enough that warranted a good bye as I would not see be people like I used to and wanted to let them know why.
Mon 27 Jan 2020 5:13 PM by Vkejai
So what if theres stealth zergs, you get visable zergs so why not stealth . I have been killed many times by them , but it's all part of the game.

More often or not it's less than a full group I hear so it's not really a zerg as such.

It's not how I would want to play my game but each to their own.
Sat 15 Feb 2020 12:51 PM by 2flare
I feel you. Stealth game is dead anyway. I spend 1-2 hours looking for duels with other assassins. Since we can't really kill anything else without getting destroyed. Between dealing with adds, full groups, zergs, etc... there's fare and few viable fights. Stealth wars is dead.
Sat 15 Feb 2020 5:42 PM by gotwqqd
Cry me a River
Such and overblown and false statement
You work in the WH?
Mon 17 Feb 2020 7:48 AM by Caralith
I still find a lot of action out there without being added.
You just need to pay attention to the rvr map and focus on where is the best place to go.

Plus there's some kind of routine with the stealth zergs groups, I can easily say where you'll encounter them and when.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics