Increase Health of BD Pets

Started 17 Jan 2020
by Ardri
in Suggestions
Commander pet is lvl 41, blue, has low af/abs/hp. It dies in 3 melee swings and 2-3 caster nukes. Caba/sm pet has much much more hp and durability. Why such the disparity? Meanwhile minstrels get lvl 60 red pet that has 5k+ hp. And all players got cl10+ hp buff.

BD sub-pets were nerfed into the ground. They are almost completely worthless now. Hitting for measly 15-50dmg. No one goes darkness/ba for warmages or melee pets. Can we get some variety here?

And whatever happened to pet formations that were "being worked on" 1+ year ago?
Fri 17 Jan 2020 9:42 AM by Enyore
no
Fri 17 Jan 2020 11:29 AM by Pao
Wtf, BD is already without pets strong. The only chance lots of classes have is to kill the pet first.
Fri 17 Jan 2020 1:31 PM by Razur Ur
Ardri wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 7:50 AM
Commander pet is lvl 41, blue, has low af/abs/hp. It dies in 3 melee swings and 2-3 caster nukes. Caba/sm pet has much much more hp and durability. Why such the disparity? Meanwhile minstrels get lvl 60 red pet that has 5k+ hp. And all players got cl10+ hp buff.

BD sub-pets were nerfed into the ground. They are almost completely worthless now. Hitting for measly 15-50dmg. No one goes darkness/ba for warmages or melee pets. Can we get some variety here?

And whatever happened to pet formations that were "being worked on" 1+ year ago?

Lets buff your Commander an he is not with three Styles down! And hey you can healing your fucking pet! i think you need more pet control training ;-).

And one ask i have, why you not whining over your nice insta lt with only 4 sec cast reused? On live server got bd for insta lt a cast reused timer with 8 seconds ;-).
Fri 17 Jan 2020 2:26 PM by Neso
Ardri wrote:

The weekly post asking for his currently played class to be buffed, whilst indirectly wanting to nerf to another realms class.
Fri 17 Jan 2020 8:46 PM by Isavyr
Ardri wrote:

1) It dies in 3 debuffed caster nukes, so that's 4 casts, and requires one specific debuff/class to do this. Seems balanced, given the fact the BD is controlling up to 3 pets--it should be relatively weak given it's more difficult to disrupt than other pets and has its attack and damage spread out over multiple pets. Actually, despite this, the BD pets are still much much much pet than say, full nature druid, cabalist, sorc, etc. To compare it to another broken class (minstrel) goes to show where your head is (it's forgiveable, you play a handicap class, nobody is surprised when you ignorantly talk about balance).
2) You probably did not know this (you play a BD after all), but BDs were broken on this server. With their pets, they were formerly the highest DPS, by far, in the game--even higher dps than a Darkness RM with a 50% debuff (provided by a RC RM)--does that make any sense? Oh, and the best rupters. With the best insta rupt range. With the lowest cooldowns.

If you want to build a case, maybe you should know where your class even sits relative to others. It already sits in an apex position, and does not need anything you mentioned. But, I would love to see you do some testing yourself and prove to us how bad your pets are in DPS (not per attack).
Sun 19 Jan 2020 7:36 AM by Ardri
Isavyr wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 8:46 PM
Ardri wrote:

1) It dies in 3 debuffed caster nukes, so that's 4 casts, and requires one specific debuff/class to do this. Seems balanced, given the fact the BD is controlling up to 3 pets--it should be relatively weak given it's more difficult to disrupt than other pets and has its attack and damage spread out over multiple pets. Actually, despite this, the BD pets are still much much much pet than say, full nature druid, cabalist, sorc, etc. To compare it to another broken class (minstrel) goes to show where your head is (it's forgiveable, you play a handicap class, nobody is surprised when you ignorantly talk about balance).
2) You probably did not know this (you play a BD after all), but BDs were broken on this server. With their pets, they were formerly the highest DPS, by far, in the game--even higher dps than a Darkness RM with a 50% debuff (provided by a RC RM)--does that make any sense? Oh, and the best rupters. With the best insta rupt range. With the lowest cooldowns.

If you want to build a case, maybe you should know where your class even sits relative to others. It already sits in an apex position, and does not need anything you mentioned. But, I would love to see you do some testing yourself and prove to us how bad your pets are in DPS (not per attack).

What an ignorant noob.

1) Pets easily die in 3 regular nukes. 2 if debuffed or good crit. Goes to show your game knowledge.
2) Yes, i know the mage pets used to be OP. See original statement about being "nerfed into the ground."

The nonsense you're spewing is hilarious. Saying stuff like bd pets were "formerly the highest DPS, by far, in the game--even higher dps than a Darkness RM with a 50% debuff." Ahh that was a good laugh.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 9:48 AM by Svekt
As a player who has a BD and loves the BD, we do not need our pet buffed. Period. This is an interrupt class and the pets do their job even if nuked down in anywhere from 2-4 casts or 2-3 melee swings. If they decide to burn pets on inc, which actually rarely happens then they have taken focus off of something else, like the BD itself that can push and rupt at the same time or your primary CC or even the tanks pushing in on the support and dps. The second you send your pets in they are interrupting while you and your group are doing something else. People are so RP hungry they rarely burn power on pets, especially now with HP buff requiring even more dps on tanks, they will just pick a random target and nuke it while your support runs around screaming for peels and pet clears.

I have both played and fought against BDs, they don't need any change.

What you completely forgot to do before posting here was to weigh the entirety of your class function and role. Measure what the BD can do as an entirety before blindly asking for something they don't need. The dread commander and its level are purely one part of the class and its role. If you are depending on the commander to be successful then you have a lot to learn about this class. They are still amazing and OP even post nerfs.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 5:18 PM by Lipsi
Top 30 solo kills all realms, all casters on phoenix herald :
- 10 bonedancers
- 7 necromancers
- 1 animist (got into the board at the 29th place /30)

While i've seen many threads asking to nerf the OP animist (supposedly solo animists can just log in and kill entire groups of mids zoning into POC, but definitely not the most OP of the 3 shrouded island casters if we refer to above stats), it's the 1st time i see one asking to boost bonedancer
Sun 19 Jan 2020 9:02 PM by daytonchambers
BD is arguably the best interrupt class in the game.

If your sub pets are getting nuked to death you are either facing a group of players and are probably gonna die anyways, or absolutely horrible at the one thing BDs shine in which is interrupting ranged classes.

BD asking for a buff, I just rolled my eyes so hard I saw my own brain.
Mon 20 Jan 2020 3:16 AM by Ardri
Svekt wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 9:48 AM
As a player who has a BD and loves the BD, we do not need our pet buffed. Period. This is an interrupt class and the pets do their job even if nuked down in anywhere from 2-4 casts or 2-3 melee swings. If they decide to burn pets on inc, which actually rarely happens then they have taken focus off of something else, like the BD itself that can push and rupt at the same time or your primary CC or even the tanks pushing in on the support and dps. The second you send your pets in they are interrupting while you and your group are doing something else. People are so RP hungry they rarely burn power on pets, especially now with HP buff requiring even more dps on tanks, they will just pick a random target and nuke it while your support runs around screaming for peels and pet clears.

I have both played and fought against BDs, they don't need any change.

What you completely forgot to do before posting here was to weigh the entirety of your class function and role. Measure what the BD can do as an entirety before blindly asking for something they don't need. The dread commander and its level are purely one part of the class and its role. If you are depending on the commander to be successful then you have a lot to learn about this class. They are still amazing and OP even post nerfs.

When playing against any group with half a brain, the bd pets are usually the first target.

The only argument is that the BD itself has a low cooldown tickle for an interrupt. Is that strong enough to warrant the pets being almost completely useless? I say no.
Mon 20 Jan 2020 7:53 AM by Razur Ur
Ardri wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 3:16 AM
When playing against any group with half a brain, the bd pets are usually the first target.

The only argument is that the BD itself has a low cooldown tickle for an interrupt. Is that strong enough to warrant the pets being almost completely useless? I say no.

If the BD player not half brain afk he can ask the healer mates for healing Commander Pet and the bd can the own pet healing too ;-). Give you the enemy player
not the chance to kill the Commander because of higher Health ist this bd more and more broken!
Mon 20 Jan 2020 2:53 PM by Nunki
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 7:53 AM
Ardri wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 3:16 AM

If the BD player not half brain afk he can ask the healer mates for healing Commander Pet and the bd can the own pet healing too ;-). Give you the enemy player
not the chance to kill the Commander because of higher Health ist this bd more and more broken!
Every bd healing his commander during a 8x8 fight while seeing uninterrupted enemy group members should reroll on healer without a second thought.
Why heal a pet that is insta dead anyway if you could interrupt the enemy instead?

Same counts for your healing class, especially if you play vs a debuff-assist group. You want to target and waste mana on a pet, while any of your team members could die instantly (especially caster and offtanks) without pre-healing? Pure nonsense.

Huge waste of ressources, time and you completely ignore the role of both classes.
Mon 20 Jan 2020 5:41 PM by Razur Ur
Nunki wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 2:53 PM
Every bd healing his commander during a 8x8 fight while seeing uninterrupted enemy group members should reroll on healer without a second thought.
Why heal a pet that is insta dead anyway if you could interrupt the enemy instead?

Same counts for your healing class, especially if you play vs a debuff-assist group. You want to target and waste mana on a pet, while any of your team members could die instantly (especially caster and offtanks) without pre-healing? Pure nonsense.

Huge waste of ressources, time and you completely ignore the role of both classes.

Can the enemy caster free nuke a Commander do it the midgroup anything wrong ;-) and get the midgroup this commander on life while he catching dmg then have the
enemy Caster Group many time wasted for another things in fight. But is ok keep crying QQ with poor BD and poor commander :-/. this discuss over a op rupt class
is only a joke for pure 8vs8 player.
Tue 21 Jan 2020 3:13 PM by Hangel
Most ppl while speak about BD think in 1vs1.. in this case u are right BD don't need a stronger pet. In 8vs8 is really different, all strong party kill bd pet 1st, Mid cannot buff it due to have only 1 spec buffer in group. You can't heal pet because 1 healer is interrupt/mezz, shammy heal are low and the Aug is going oom healing group mate.
And you can't keep it alive with BD heal... And redo pet need a lot of mana in inc...
So the only solution to have a better pet in 8vs8 without increase the pet for 1vs1 is to add a caster commander to use in fg, so you don t need to send the tank commander on target to die in 2 shot.
Tue 21 Jan 2020 3:47 PM by Razur Ur
Hangel wrote:
Tue 21 Jan 2020 3:13 PM
Most ppl while speak about BD think in 1vs1.. in this case u are right BD don't need a stronger pet. In 8vs8 is really different, all strong party kill bd pet 1st, Mid cannot buff it due to have only 1 spec buffer in group. You can't heal pet because 1 healer is interrupt/mezz, shammy heal are low and the Aug is going oom healing group mate.
And you can't keep it alive with BD heal... And redo pet need a lot of mana in inc...
So the only solution to have a better pet in 8vs8 without increase the pet for 1vs1 is to add a caster commander to use in fg, so you don t need to send the tank commander on target to die in 2 shot.

I think the commander dont need more love but i guess the bone arme specline need more love with spec buff str/con for commander and with 50 specpoints for
all bonedancer pets. So give this bone armee specline more significantly.

And try to kill a Commander Pet with full tank group in a 8vs8 fight, this is not rly easy to handle, only vs caster groups needed this Pet little bit more magic resist
how a magicbarrier such a buff can implement in the bone arme specline too.
Tue 21 Jan 2020 7:18 PM by Muse
So in General sorry to say That, But @Ardri you Never put your pet on stay in your Videos, i mean Common, give your Tanks 10s time to get attracted and they dont think about your pets. Same Problem happens to every minstrel i saw so far. Sorry But learn to leave your pets behind on inc. Lolz
Wed 22 Jan 2020 9:48 AM by gotwqqd
Hangel wrote:

How about keeping them behind and healing? Or maybe call on some archer or caster pets?
Sounds like sending them in is the problem
Wed 22 Jan 2020 1:13 PM by Sepplord
the commander is always a melee pet

you can't have ranged subpets and issue them an attackorder without the mainpet also running in to the target
Fri 24 Jan 2020 3:31 AM by Isavyr
Ardri wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 7:36 AM
Isavyr wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 8:46 PM
But, I would love to see you do some testing yourself and prove to us how bad your pets are in DPS (not per attack).

What an ignorant noob.

1) Pets easily die in 3 regular nukes. 2 if debuffed or good crit. Goes to show your game knowledge.
2) Yes, i know the mage pets used to be OP. See original statement about being "nerfed into the ground."

The nonsense you're spewing is hilarious. Saying stuff like bd pets were "formerly the highest DPS, by far, in the game--even higher dps than a Darkness RM with a 50% debuff." Ahh that was a good laugh.

Insults and laughs, and no evidence. Mate, nobody is going to take you serious when you talk ****without evidence. Sadly, behind this request is a frustrated player who cannot always win with his handicap class--the problem isn't the class, mate.

If you want to have a discussion, which is the purpose of this board, I recommend you post videos showing the difference between your pets and other's pets in terms of HP, and secondly, evaluate the actual DPS of your pets (post debuff, and whatever dexterity buffs you or your group puts on them).
Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:10 AM by Nunki
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 5:41 PM
… But is ok keep crying QQ with poor BD and poor commander :-/. this discuss over a op rupt class
is only a joke for pure 8vs8 player.
You may misunderstood my intention.
I did NOT say that BD needs a buff of any kind.

BD itself is absolutely playable and quite strong in nearly every aspect of the game (PvE, solo, small-men, 8x8, zerg).
BD pets in 8x8 are only a fracture of his utility.

I stated that your recommendation to heal the commander istotal nonsense.
BD and healer have better things to do in an ongoing fight.
Both are mana hungry classes and you would avoid in any case to waste that mana for a pet.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:54 AM by Wolfir666
Hangel wrote:

Yeah would be lovely to have a ranged Commander with a bow (think its like that on live?)...
Just i can imagine that would be awful in Zergs/Keepfights.. You simply dont want a ranged commander + 3 Mages/Archers attacking you at the same time without even being able to quickly locate the commander to take that out.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 1:37 PM by Razur Ur
Nunki wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:10 AM
Both are mana hungry classes and you would avoid in any case to waste that mana for a pet.

LoL why is one or two heals for Commander nonsens? Midgard have three chars where can single heal + BD can healing too the commander. If you meaning
a dead commander is better because the healer have doing better things than you must live with the situation that your easy pet rupt breaking down.
In my opinion I think it's important to keep the commander alive just because of the subpets.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 2:11 PM by jhaerik
Because it's not just two heals.... it's heal spam to even "sort" of hope to keep a BD commander alive against even a single nuker. The thing is still probably dead the moment two crits happen back to back. What really happens is the thing eats two nukes and an insta and instantly dies.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:11 PM by Iuppiter
Even if the commander dies to 3 melee or 2-3 casts it has done its job, that's 2-3 melee/casts that weren't targeted at any grp member and forced the enemy to stand still and cast/engage allowing your grp to get in and bd to rupt with its instant lifetap/debuff/root/dd. I could maybe see the comparison to minstrels if the bd lifetap were on a 700 range and 15s cooldown, but the other comparisons are to classes that have no instant rupts and only have the 1 pet - which also gets downed if given on inc and can be single-target CCd without worrying about other minions that are still rupting (unless you're also suggesting to remove BD sub-pets since they're "completely worthless" and buff HP of the commander, then maybe it's a fair comparison and I would agree).
Sat 25 Jan 2020 8:12 AM by faliv
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 22 Jan 2020 1:13 PM
the commander is always a melee pet

you can't have ranged subpets and issue them an attackorder without the mainpet also running in to the target

attack > follow > stay

works more or less
Mon 27 Jan 2020 11:34 AM by Nunki
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 1:37 PM
Nunki wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 10:10 AM

LoL why is one or two heals for Commander nonsens? Midgard have three chars where can single heal + BD can healing too the commander. If you meaning
a dead commander is better because the healer have doing better things than you must live with the situation that your easy pet rupt breaking down.
In my opinion I think it's important to keep the commander alive just because of the subpets.
Shaman has to rupt and apply desease, they usually don't heal. They are usually in close range or even inside the enemy group, they therefore won't stand still, change the target and heal the bd-pet, which they would have to target manually. Absolute waste of time and resources.

Pac-Healer has to CC. It makes absolute no sense to target the commander and heal it, if you could target an enemy and probably rupt several enemy players with less mana usage. Pac-Healer usually stays at 1500 range to ae-cc (probably 2300 for ae-amnesia from time to time), he will therefore not stay in 1500 range while healing a pet (which is nonsense anyway as stated above). Again, you would loose precious seconds in which the Pac-Healer could take care of huge portions of the enemy group.

BD has mostly the same job as shaman: RUPT! Also on 1500 range, if you think standing still and wasting mana on pet heals is a good idea, while you could easily rupt 2+ enemies with comparable mana usage, you propably missed the BD role in 8x8. BD could occasionally assist-nuke tho, but probably not heal his pet.

The Aug-Healer could heal tho, but only if nobody else needs heals or cc-/ns-cure, which is rarely the case.
So yes, if the Aug-Healer is bored and gets the commander in target fast enough, he could do the job and counter-heal.

Again, why heal if you could prevent damage by rupting the enemy, which is the main job of 3/4 of the classes described above?

If you ask me if the bd-pet is worth the effort to keep it alive, I would personally say No.
You could set a major advantage with less mana usage doing other things (rupt, cc, desease) instead of saving the pet.

The pet will most likely either get killed in 2 seconds during the next assist-nuke, or stay in CC for quite some time.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics