@Runningwithscissors

Started 18 Jan 2020
by Rhox
in RvR
Fun night tonight. Went 2-17 against you tonight.

Guess which 2 you didn't have any friends running around with you

Thanks for adding me constantly throughout the whole night.

Cheers.
Sat 18 Jan 2020 2:05 PM by Hypno
You spelt NOIGHTSHAYDE wrong you did
Sat 18 Jan 2020 4:56 PM by Rhox
Hypno wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 2:05 PM
You spelt NOIGHTSHAYDE wrong you did

No grammar shaming please.
Sat 18 Jan 2020 5:04 PM by Quik
Rhox wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 9:03 AM

Cheers.

I guess I don't understand the problem...

Isn't DAoC an RvR (realmvsrealm) game and not a MvY (mevsyou) game?

War is not about honor, its about winning.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 3:22 AM by Rhox
Quik wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 5:04 PM
Rhox wrote:

Cheers.

I am 1000% sure nobody has ever died in war, resurrected, joined up with a friend or 4 and killed the person that just killed the.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 3:32 AM by Riac
Rhox wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 3:22 AM
Quik wrote:
Rhox wrote:

Cheers.

I am 1000% sure nobody has ever died in war, resurrected, joined up with a friend or 4 and killed the person that just killed the.

you mean this isnt an actual war and is just a video game?!?!
Sun 19 Jan 2020 5:11 PM by Quik
Rhox wrote:
Quik wrote:
Rhox wrote:

Cheers.

Which changes nothing. I didn't compare this to real life war so lets try to stick to what was stated instead of making stuff up, it helps you not look like an idiot later.

This is still an RvRvR game. Look at how many people scream bloody murder when they lowered the realm switch timer because they say it ruins realm loyalty. Realm loyalty starts when you help your realm mates in the frontiers. There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO REALM LOYALTY in letting 2 groups or 2 solos fight each other and walk away. That is the exact opposite of realm loyalty.

If the game did not want everyone from each realm to help everyone else from that realm they would have specific spots for arena where you can 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3 or whatever, but they don't. They have an open frontiers system and absolutely zero penalties for adding any fight. Please don't try to act all high and mighty because you want to honorably fight 1v1 against someone, that is not RvR.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 9:57 PM by Rhox
Quik wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 5:11 PM
Rhox wrote:
Quik wrote:

Which changes nothing. I didn't compare this to real life war so lets try to stick to what was stated instead of making stuff up, it helps you not look like an idiot later.

This is still an RvRvR game. Look at how many people scream bloody murder when they lowered the realm switch timer because they say it ruins realm loyalty. Realm loyalty starts when you help your realm mates in the frontiers. There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO REALM LOYALTY in letting 2 groups or 2 solos fight each other and walk away. That is the exact opposite of realm loyalty.

If the game did not want everyone from each realm to help everyone else from that realm they would have specific spots for arena where you can 1v1 or 2v2 or 3v3 or whatever, but they don't. They have an open frontiers system and absolutely zero penalties for adding any fight. Please don't try to act all high and mighty because you want to honorably fight 1v1 against someone, that is not RvR.

I hate how everyone mentions realm loyalty and good of the realm and all that. Your stealth groups arnt taking towers, they arnt getting relics.

Your realm benefits absolutely 0 by killing me solo at a bridge with your group of 4. I am not delusion, me running around as a stealther does 0 to benefit my realm as well.

The fact is that these awesome stealth crews also try to seek out solo stealthers. I cant tell you how many times I watch 2 soloers run across a bridge and 15 seconds later I walk across the bridge and get jumped by 4 stealthers.

Just wish people took more pride in their ability and template and not just zerg and hide behind the mask of "for the realm"
Mon 20 Jan 2020 12:19 AM by Stimmed
Getting zerged sucks for sure. But man its a 1-2 minute run most times to get back to a spot with action just head on out again.

Friends want to play together and thats more then fine. 8 Mans zerg solos all day. Small mans to. 8 Mans kill small mans. Zergs kill 8 mans. Bigger zergs kill zergs. Just gotta move on and go fight somewhere else. Or take a break farm some plat is what I usually do if there is just to many stealth zergs!

It sucks yes its part of the game no its not how everyone wants to play but just gotta try and enjoy the game not let it irate you enough to make call out posts.
Tue 21 Jan 2020 9:26 PM by Ryanimal
Runningwithscissors is 14 years old. Relax.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 5:59 PM by stewbeedoo
Ryanimal wrote:
Tue 21 Jan 2020 9:26 PM
Runningwithscissors is 14 years old. Relax.

I doubt it - I remember the name from Live going back many years. Played a Hunter (yes, who liked to group).
Fri 24 Jan 2020 6:25 PM by Ryanimal
Can't be the same person. He is 14.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:12 PM by Hwatever
Rhox wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 9:57 PM
I hate how everyone mentions realm loyalty and good of the realm and all that. Your stealth groups arnt taking towers, they arnt getting relics.

Your realm benefits absolutely 0 by killing me solo at a bridge with your group of 4. I am not delusion, me running around as a stealther does 0 to benefit my realm as well.

The fact is that these awesome stealth crews also try to seek out solo stealthers. I cant tell you how many times I watch 2 soloers run across a bridge and 15 seconds later I walk across the bridge and get jumped by 4 stealthers.

Just wish people took more pride in their ability and template and not just zerg and hide behind the mask of "for the realm"

I find this hilarious. Dark Side takes towers, has helped turn keeptakes and killed a lot of folks at Bled EV bridge on the last relic attempt (we were late because the alliance doing it doesn't include us and only addressed us at the ass end of the process). You obviously haven't a clue as to what's actually happening.

But, you do have a 4 page thread where you demonstrate your complete lack of understanding.

You get crushed as we clean out Hib's task keep and cry like you're some kind of special victim. Maybe you oughta look for something a little bigger and you'll find something a little bigger.

Or you can keep looking for "honorable 1v1" to just happen to you in high traffic gank zones. I find it much more satisfying to grab people falling off a zerg or separated from an 8v8 when solo; y'know, actual open warfare stealther things. You can /duel all day long in the interior if that's all you care for.
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:40 PM by Rhox
Hwatever wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 7:12 PM
Rhox wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 9:57 PM

I find this hilarious. Dark Side takes towers, has helped turn keeptakes and killed a lot of folks at Bled EV bridge on the last relic attempt (we were late because the alliance doing it doesn't include us and only addressed us at the ass end of the process). You obviously haven't a clue as to what's actually happening.

I have no comment but I don't feel a comment is really needed.

But, you do have a 4 page thread where you demonstrate your complete lack of understanding.

I have no comment but once again don't feel like one is needed.

You get crushed as we clean out Hib's task keep and cry like you're some kind of special victim. Maybe you oughta look for something a little bigger and you'll find something a little bigger.

I get crushed at the task keep. I get crushed at others portal keep. I get crushed at my portal keep. I get crushed at bridges. I get crushed at docks. Whoever the Dark Side shitties are have no limits of where they take the zerg. I get crushed cause numbers+rank > skill .

Or you can keep looking for "honorable 1v1" to just happen to you in high traffic gank zones. I find it much more satisfying to grab people falling off a zerg or separated from an 8v8 when solo; y'know, actual open warfare stealther things. You can /duel all day long in the interior if that's all you care for.

First off I cannot stand duels they don't serve a purpose in the game and normally not good representation of action. Second, You say high traffic zones but there is no such thing. There is action zones and dead zones. Especially during the hours of Dark Side zergs. Third, I bet you do enjoy picking off people that fell off the zerg. Normally people that don't put up a good fight are more fun for less skilled players. Forth not sure who you are but if you are a Dark Side member or whatever and you enjoy "open warfare stealthier things" why does your zerg always stay on a dock or bridge?
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:12 PM by opossum12
Well if it's the same guy as the Runningwithscissors on live, he's free RPs if solo. No wonder he groups.

75,993 kills, 723 solo (prob by mistake) at RR12L8
Sat 25 Jan 2020 1:53 PM by Amser
opossum12 wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020 9:12 PM
Well if it's the same guy as the Runningwithscissors on live, he's free RPs if solo. No wonder he groups.

As has been said, the player on this server is 14 years old. His father also plays the game and they regularly duo together. I do not know if they also play on live.
Sat 25 Jan 2020 7:59 PM by Rhox
Amser wrote:
Sat 25 Jan 2020 1:53 PM
opossum12 wrote:

As has been said, the player on this server is 14 years old. His father also plays the game and they regularly duo together. I do not know if they also play on live.

I really wanted to say sounds like piss poor parenting but considering his 14 year old kid is playing DAOC kinda dad of the year!
Sun 26 Jan 2020 12:10 AM by pollojack
Rhox wrote:
Sat 25 Jan 2020 7:59 PM
Amser wrote:
opossum12 wrote:

I really wanted to say sounds like piss poor parenting but considering his 14 year old kid is playing DAOC kinda dad of the year!

Gotta remember, some play for fun.
Sun 26 Jan 2020 1:30 PM by Amser
Rhox wrote:
Amser wrote:
opossum12 wrote:

From what I have heard (if true), Running forgot his password and couldn't get back in the game after building a new computer without the autologin info. He started a new character and is already 50. Props for the dedication.
Tue 28 Jan 2020 2:28 AM by Stimmed
Amser wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020 1:30 PM
Rhox wrote:
Amser wrote:

From what I have heard (if true), Running forgot his password and couldn't get back in the game after building a new computer without the autologin info. He started a new character and is already 50. Props for the dedication.

Seems like alot of work when you could just ask for a password reset or do it on the forum!
Tue 28 Jan 2020 2:04 PM by Amser
Stimmed wrote:
Tue 28 Jan 2020 2:28 AM
Amser wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020 1:30 PM
Rhox wrote:

Seems like alot of work when you could just ask for a password reset or do it on the forum!

While I agree. You're not thinking like a 14 year old
Tue 28 Jan 2020 7:05 PM by Siouxsie
Amser wrote:
opossum12 wrote:

Is that where Bain went? To Alb?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics