1v1
stealther vs stealther
stealther vs tank
tank vs tank
etc.

Duo

Smallman

8man

I would like to get everyone's thoughts in order to have accurate averages. Thanks!

Edit: using RR5 as a baseline, but feel free to answer regardless of RR (and put the RR of the characters fighting)
Thu 16 Jan 2020 11:36 PM by gotwqqd
Average?
Both fully templates? With all the bells and whistles?

I’m sure any fight I get in is a poor representation, as I am RR3 or below on all my toons and only have shoddy drops from leveling. Missing most resists/stats and +skills not maxed.
No special healing thingies or RA’s that heal
Thu 16 Jan 2020 11:41 PM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 11:36 PM
Average?
Both fully templates? With all the bells and whistles?

I’m sure any fight I get in is a poor representation, as I am RR3 or below on all my toons and only have shoddy drops from leveling. Missing most resists/stats and +skills not maxed.
No special healing thingies or RA’s that heal

Edited (see above). Feel free to answer regardless of your RR though. I am curious to see what everyone says
Fri 17 Jan 2020 1:46 AM by Stimmed
Hmm
Assassin vs Assassin usually 20-30ish I think depending on rng.
Assassin vs Archer 20-50 depending if they have ras up IP etc.
Assassin vs Tank 1+min if all Ras are up.

All depends if you land perf and it does some decent dmg etc Ras being up

Thats just what it feels like anyway hah.
Fri 17 Jan 2020 8:27 AM by Sepplord
Hard to say for smallmen VS smallmen since we have so few actual fairfights, but most take between 1min and 2minutes (I have shadowplay set to record the last 2minutes and very seldom was it too short to capture the whole fight)

We have had a 5vs5 fight take more than 5minutes though and it was only ended because of an adds...though mana would probably have been a factor pretty soon after that.
We also had a 3-4minute fight 5vs3...not our proudest moment but theres that.

All in all i would say between 1and2minutes for 4vs4 or 5vs5 (not counting situations where SOS2 is used to run away for 20seconds midfight)
Fri 17 Jan 2020 9:27 PM by Cadebrennus
Thanks for all of the input so far everyone. Thus far it is just a thought experiment, but I am trying to consider the /use of multiple charges and their impact on a fight dependent on length. For example, I might /use a DD charge on both my melee and ranged characters to get the upper hand on a Caster/Archer, sometimes multiple times in an 8v8 or smallman fight.

What are your thoughts on the impact of /use items? There are obvious ones like Heart of Legion in a 1v1 fight, but what about other, longer fights? Or even charges other than Heart of Legion in a short 1v1 fight?
Sat 18 Jan 2020 3:34 AM by Stimmed
Being Mercfil spec I really love DA on fights. Ill pick up heart soon I only just came back and it might be better vs some things but I love the damage you can do if you pop the DA charge quick in a fight and pump out some nice dmg. It lasts 30 sec usually 20-30dmg each swing each hand so 40-60 dmg per round extra over the duration of a fight. since ppl have higher hps now it really adds up.
Sat 18 Jan 2020 8:48 AM by Cadebrennus
Stimmed wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 3:34 AM
Being Mercfil spec I really love DA on fights. Ill pick up heart soon I only just came back and it might be better vs some things but I love the damage you can do if you pop the DA charge quick in a fight and pump out some nice dmg. It lasts 30 sec usually 20-30dmg each swing each hand so 40-60 dmg per round extra over the duration of a fight. since ppl have higher hps now it really adds up.

Over the duration of your fights, is that approximately 30 seconds, which is the duration (I think) of the charge, or is it 60 seconds? How fast (on average) are you swinging?
Sat 18 Jan 2020 6:05 PM by bigne88
A balanced 8v8 can last from 4 minutes to 10.
An umbalanced 8v8 can last 1 minute or less.

For item usage? The more you have the more you can adapt, keeping in mind they all share the same CD with potions.

You gotta bring with you, together with omni regen potions, insta heals, mana, endu, DD charge, and legion heal/mana.
You choose what to use
Sun 19 Jan 2020 12:34 AM by Cadebrennus
bigne88 wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 6:05 PM

For item usage? The more you have the more you can adapt, keeping in mind they all share the same CD with potions.

You gotta bring with you, together with omni regen potions, insta heals, mana, endu, DD charge, and legion heal/mana.
You choose what to use

True enough about having a variety and "choose what you use", but what are the ones you find yourself using most commonly? For example, on Live when I ran an Archer in a Visi 8man (yes), I often used the aforementioned DD charge to interrupt a Caster to use my bow, often early in a fight. I used DDs even more often when charging someone on my Merc in order to interrupt their cast, particularly if Charge was down. Of course, there were pot and charge heals if I pushed too far out of heal range etc., but DDs were my go-to items.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 3:26 AM by Stimmed
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 8:48 AM
Stimmed wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 3:34 AM

Over the duration of your fights, is that approximately 30 seconds, which is the duration (I think) of the charge, or is it 60 seconds? How fast (on average) are you swinging?
I have a few 3.3 speeds for perf openers. with them when I DW(roughly 75% of the time or 70% round there cant remember exactly 50+17) the calc I use im at about 1.69with the 3.3s and with the 3.9 swaps around 1.85 I think it was. The 3.9 is about 2.2 without DW swing and the 3.3s were about 1.8 If I recall.

The charge lasts 30 so usually the length of a sin fight.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 9:45 PM by bigne88
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 12:34 AM
bigne88 wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 6:05 PM

You choose what to use

True enough about having a variety and "choose what you use", but what are the ones you find yourself using most commonly? For example, on Live when I ran an Archer in a Visi 8man (yes), I often used the aforementioned DD charge to interrupt a Caster to use my bow, often early in a fight. I used DDs even more often when charging someone on my Merc in order to interrupt their cast, particularly if Charge was down. Of course, there were pot and charge heals if I pushed too far out of heal range etc., but DDs were my go-to items.

90 % of the time i use dd to rupt.
If the fight is long enough, the second CD it might be mana charge or pot.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics