Farm task nerf ? Wtf .

Started 16 Jan 2020
by Fugees
in Albion
Hello everyone ,

Once upon a time, there was a small 50 cabalist who wanted to farm in Lyonesse. He took a ticket to Yarley Farm.

Once arrived, direction Lyonesse. After having passed multiple XP spots, here I finally arrived on the spot to farm my tasks. I start pulling ( caba , dot & run ) an astronomical amount of mob and the verdict of this little genocide is: 1 task items .

I start again and again, and there, to my amazement, I see that the game gives me a task every two minutes, regardless of the number of mob killed per second.

The Moorlich spot next door is the opposite. We randomly drop tasks

Why NERF the game like that. I wonder what the creators of the server are playing.

My message is: stop bothering the game for nothing. This will only end in the death of your server.

A secret admirer.
Thu 16 Jan 2020 8:44 PM by Wolfir666
Fugees wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 6:44 PM
Hello everyone ,

Once upon a time, there was a small 50 cabalist who wanted to farm in Lyonesse. He took a ticket to Yarley Farm.

Once arrived, direction Lyonesse. After having passed multiple XP spots, here I finally arrived on the spot to farm my tasks. I start pulling ( caba , dot & run ) an astronomical amount of mob and the verdict of this little genocide is: 1 task items .

I start again and again, and there, to my amazement, I see that the game gives me a task every two minutes, regardless of the number of mob killed per second.

Why NERF the game like that. I wonder what the creators of the server are playing.

My message is: stop bothering the game for nothing. This will only end in the death of your server.

A secret admirer.

Now that's not exactly a new topic, considering we weretalking about this for months in various threads.
Admittedly i think that the 2 min thing isn't this bad now. It wasn't like that, when they first changed it knowing people got dozens of items while farming with high levels just selling them off for high prices.
Now it's better again for simple levelers , those that do not use their 50 to level stuff to give to their alts but who actually play the alts themselves actively.
As a solo depending on class you usually might kill like 3-4 per 2 minutes getting a guaranteed drop each 2min while aside of thatdoing the killtasks.
So thats not this bad i think.
Still not as good as it was before the massive xp-item change but it's clearly better than it first was after the change.
Thu 16 Jan 2020 9:54 PM by Pao
For solo people under 50 that level normal this isn't really a nerf. The rate is almost like before. Only people that farm for money notice the change.
Thu 16 Jan 2020 10:49 PM by gotwqqd
Wolfir666 wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 8:44 PM
Fugees wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 6:44 PM
Hello everyone ,

A secret admirer.

Now that's not exactly a new topic, considering we weretalking about this for months in various threads.
Admittedly i think that the 2 min thing isn't this bad now. It wasn't like that, when they first changed it knowing people got dozens of items while farming with high levels just selling them off for high prices.
Now it's better again for simple levelers , those that do not use their 50 to level stuff to give to their alts but who actually play the alts themselves actively.
As a solo depending on class you usually might kill like 3-4 per 2 minutes getting a guaranteed drop each 2min while aside of thatdoing the killtasks.
So thats not this bad i think.
Still not as good as it was before the massive xp-item change but it's clearly better than it first was after the change.
Costs for the tasks items are triple or more of what they were
Fri 17 Jan 2020 3:33 PM by chryso
Now solo levelers can get a chance at the drops rather then having every task item mob mass farmed by cabalists.

This is a good thing.
Fri 17 Jan 2020 6:34 PM by gotwqqd
chryso wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 3:33 PM
Now solo levelers can get a chance at the drops rather then having every task item mob mass farmed by cabalists.

This is a good thing.

Sorry
Never really saw this happen at one spot let alone all of them.
Sat 18 Jan 2020 12:48 AM by Wolfir666
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 6:34 PM
chryso wrote:
Fri 17 Jan 2020 3:33 PM

This is a good thing.

Sorry
Never really saw this happen at one spot let alone all of them.

Well... no idea about Albion on that matter, but i've seen Animists Mass-shrooming up around XP-Item-Camps making it very hard to get a mob killed without at least some shrooms hitting the mobs too.
And i've seen Shamans AE-DoT-Pull whole camps under the eyes of solo-levelers, as well as BA-BDs doing similar things, just with less kiting and more fighting.
Very hard to believe, that it didn't happen in Alb, especially since the thread-opener himself was whining about this *not* being useful anymore ^^
Sat 18 Jan 2020 1:58 AM by jbwooten89
Not a gigantic fan of the 2 minute change personally either but ultimately it means you can still roll 2 different farming characters and just farm however many of the items you want anyway. You will still get task completion tokens and money and things to sell/salvage. I should make something that can salvage but I just haven't done it :/
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics