Get rid of /switch

Started 12 Nov 2019
by Hawkaye
in Suggestions
Like the topic says this poorly thought out very bad Idea needs to go. It totally invalidates all the RP you put in to purge and allows no talent stealthers to spam every poison and instantly reapply them. It would have been less game breaking to simply allow stealthers to reapply poisons in combat. Without /switch there is at least some delay built into the drag and drop weapon switch and a modicum of talent req.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 5:01 AM by The Skies Asunder
Overall I agree with removing it. There just isn't a real reason to have it, and it probably never should have been included. I prefer the method newer games take that doesn't even allow changing equipment during combat, personally.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 7:43 AM by gotwqqd
I’d say leave switch
But change how poison application works

Only on equipped weapons and not in combat
Tue 12 Nov 2019 11:03 AM by inoeth
Hawkaye wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 4:19 AM
Like the topic says this poorly thought out very bad Idea needs to go. It totally invalidates all the RP you put in to purge and allows no talent stealthers to spam every poison and instantly reapply them. It would have been less game breaking to simply allow stealthers to reapply poisons in combat. Without /switch there is at least some delay built into the drag and drop weapon switch and a modicum of talent req.

sign
Tue 12 Nov 2019 1:17 PM by vilcleft
Hidden within the multitude of good things the Devs implemented at the start of this project, is /switch, the one thing I have absolutely hated with a fiery passion. If it were to be removed there would be a genuine happiness, but I doubt it will be due to an uproar in the stealther community
Tue 12 Nov 2019 2:10 PM by gotwqqd
vilcleft wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 1:17 PM
Hidden within the multitude of good things the Devs implemented at the start of this project, is /switch, the one thing I have absolutely hated with a fiery passion. If it were to be removed there would be a genuine happiness, but I doubt it will be due to an uproar in the stealther community
Using a key or click to change would just be done by crap drop rom inventory

Changes inPoison application is the solution
Tue 12 Nov 2019 2:35 PM by Freedomcall
Well, I don't think devs don't get rid of /switch because of the stealth community.
Although it does benefit stealthers the most, I think any class that swaps weapon benefits from it.
Hero/champs can switch from crush LW to slash LW, dual wielders can switch shield/offhand weap, and even savages can switch from 2 slash weap to 2 thrust weap with 1 key.
Visibles that are aiming to solo are supposed to carry at least 3 weapons and they can benefit from /switch right after each procs.

Yes, melees swap less and they can do it manually but you still can't deny /switch is far faster.
My BM was once PAed by a ssin and I instantly numbed him, switched shield to offhand weap and started Ice storm chain.
This never would've happen with my slow right hand after unexpected PA if i were to do it manually.

And your right hand is mostly free from targeting your enemy when playing assassins on phoenix, cuz most of the time your target is just a specific 1 player, and just pressing tab makes you do it.
But playing a melee in a grp is different. Your right hand is already busy trying to target proper enemy player.
Considering this, I think being able to swap weapon with keyboard(left hand) also helps melee classes a lot.
... Well at least it helps a lot for me. ^^
And you know /switch was the reason they nerfed lifebane on Phoenix.

So, I personally have a contrary view on /switch command.
As a stealther, I definitely prefer enabling lifebane appliance on each swing than having /switch command.
But as a melee, I'm very fond of /switch command.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 1:29 AM by ExcretusMaximus
vilcleft wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 1:17 PM
If it were to be removed there would be a genuine happiness, but I doubt it will be due to an uproar in the stealther community

It would also have a detrimental effect on Mercenaries, Blademasters, and anyone who is capable of swapping weapons to change damage types.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:02 PM by Bequick
Sorry I'm new here, what /switch do?
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:22 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Bequick wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:02 PM
Sorry I'm new here, what /switch do?

Moves a weapon (or shield) from your inventory to your equipped slot with one button press.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 11:01 PM by pollojack
Freedomcall wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 2:35 PM
even savages can switch from 2 slash weap to 2 thrust weap with 1 key.

The switch command is not capable of changing two weapons at once. Changing offhand and mainhand would require two button presses or a keyboard macro.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 7:23 AM by Sepplord
pollojack wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 11:01 PM
Freedomcall wrote:

The switch command is not capable of changing two weapons at once. Changing offhand and mainhand would require two button presses or a keyboard macro.

technically correct,

but even though the switch command itself doesn't swap multiple weapons at once, it makes it possible to do so
Fri 15 Nov 2019 7:36 AM by Freedomcall
pollojack wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 11:01 PM
Freedomcall wrote:

Anyone can simply use AHK for that.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 5:49 PM by Lillebror
As assassin i have no trouble with losing /switch but i want back my lifebane restarts each reapply if i reapply manually.
And even that would be a big nerf, but then again i will not be instant slammed and 2h`ded either
Tue 31 Dec 2019 6:20 PM by Hawkaye
Apparently there is not much chance this will be going away but I would suggest at least make it a RA that costs equivalent points to the Purge RA it totally invalidates.
Level 1 5 points will swap weapons after 5 sec or 2 complete melee cycles. Level 2 additional 5 points immediate switch as is the current macro.
This would still allow people to use the drag and drop or force them to actually consider if spending RP for this would be worthwhile.
Wed 1 Jan 2020 7:10 PM by Aggro
I switch without macros ,!
Sat 11 Jan 2020 6:30 AM by daytonchambers
Poisons are essentially magic spells being cast a single time on a target.

You get immunity timers when any debuff or CC is applied to you and wears off, either by expiring or being purged.

Aside from the DoT poison all the other debuff poisons should grant an immunity timer, no different than any other spell.

That lets the assassin keep their dot damage without the BS we are currently seeing thanks to /switch
Sat 11 Jan 2020 8:11 AM by gotwqqd
I think aside from changing from ranged to melee weapons there needs to be penalty of switch/swap

I hate the macro that instantly adorns a shield, fires of slam, then goes back to dual wield or two handed
Wed 15 Jan 2020 1:08 PM by daytonchambers
The easiest fix would be to make /switch unusable in combat. This makes it a QoL only command as was likely intended, and would not affect weapon swaps between items that are already in the paperdoll.
Thu 16 Jan 2020 12:28 AM by gotwqqd
daytonchambers wrote:
Wed 15 Jan 2020 1:08 PM
The easiest fix would be to make /switch unusable in combat. This makes it a QoL only command as was likely intended, and would not affect weapon swaps between items that are already in the paperdoll.

I agree, except for those that want to switch between shield and dual wield
I think having the shield in two hand slot would fix this issue
Thu 16 Jan 2020 12:48 PM by daytonchambers
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 12:28 AM

Many of the complaints about /switch are about the dual wielders macroing a shield switch to slam then immediately revert to dual wielding. It's not just a stealther problem.
Thu 16 Jan 2020 1:34 PM by gotwqqd
daytonchambers wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 12:48 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

Many of the complaints about /switch are about the dual wielders macroing a shield switch to slam then immediately revert to dual wielding. It's not just a stealther problem.
How about shield user and two hander?
Thu 16 Jan 2020 1:54 PM by daytonchambers
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 1:34 PM

Weapon and shield to 2h swaps don't need /switch, and have been a part of the game since it first started almost two decades ago. Switch was put in on Phoenix to facilitate the inventory drop swaps, which S/S-2h does not nor ever needed. If you nerf that then you also end up nerfing bow to melee swaps, or instrument to melee, as they all use the same paperdoll mechanic.

You've now altered the gameplay for just about every tank, archer, and music support class in the game. Talk about pissing off a fat chunk of the playerbase
Thu 16 Jan 2020 8:29 PM by Cadebrennus
daytonchambers wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

Why would they need a macro for that? It's ridiculously easy to do with just using /switch and then hitting the Slam button.
Thu 16 Jan 2020 10:01 PM by The Skies Asunder
Cadebrennus wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 8:29 PM
daytonchambers wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

Why would they need a macro for that? It's ridiculously easy to do with just using /switch and then hitting the Slam button.

Because it is even easier if you have it all bound to one keystroke? It isn't all that difficult to drag and drop weapon swaps either, but /switch still makes it much easier.
Thu 16 Jan 2020 10:46 PM by gotwqqd
daytonchambers wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 1:54 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 16 Jan 2020 1:34 PM

Weapon and shield to 2h swaps don't need /switch, and have been a part of the game since it first started almost two decades ago. Switch was put in on Phoenix to facilitate the inventory drop swaps, which S/S-2h does not nor ever needed. If you nerf that then you also end up nerfing bow to melee swaps, or instrument to melee, as they all use the same paperdoll mechanic.

You've now altered the gameplay for just about every tank, archer, and music support class in the game. Talk about pissing off a fat chunk of the playerbase
My point is compare two handed vs 2 hander
Why is it okay for one to slam and not other?

And having one keyed macro that can equip shield/slam/equip weapon is seamless
Though with delay I guess doesn’t matter much except for miskey
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics