Re: Make RvR fun again!

chryso wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:20 pm
Niekas wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:59 am
I guess we have just found the Elds/RMs that abuse the gtaoe, huhuhuh

feel bad, they said :D
Nah, my highest runie/eld is like 27. I just understand that it is part of the game.
that being said, a necro bugging his pet and doing whatever he wants, is also a part of the game? o wait

Sepplord wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:04 am
Niekas wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:59 am
I guess we have just found the Elds/RMs that abuse the gtaoe, huhuhuh

feel bad, they said :D
or maybe we have just found people that see that you haven't put much thought into your proposals and lack a lot of game and server knowledge.

This is a good example:
Niekas wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:05 pm
/yawn

Pls explain to me which sense any gtaoe makes if you need LOS, could I not simply ae nuke the target? wtf are you thinking with 2 of 3 possible suggested solutions?

Pet thing afaik it is really difficult/impossible to fix pet through walls/doors, but that and gtaoe could be simply found in some other of these trillions of threads
what target? How are you going to aoe nuke the target thats LOS, if not the gtaoe?

Stop abusing it already.
You aren't even understanding what the person is saying, but instead of trying to get more information or thinking about the argument you default to insulting people as abusers. The point was that requiring LOS for GTAE makes it a very bad, cooldown restricted, AOE-nuke with a worse targetting system.
It's similar to saying spreadheal shouldn't smartheal, it should heal everyone for the same value, and then be surprised when people hint at the fact that it would just be a worse version of groupheal
how come a fixed LOS gtaoe spell is going to be less effective besides abusing what it does now? Game knowledge and experience, he said, lul. You could still gtaoe corners and hit the enemies behind, just as effective. Yet without it going through 3 floors and actual walls.

bettercasey wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:38 pm
The entire point of a GTAOE is to be used without LOS. Has been that way literally forever. Just make it to where it doesn’t hit 3 floors of a tower, bam easy fix.
Yet these experienced and acknowledged players in the previous posts are against it. It would be a huge and unnecessary nerf.

Please, you inexperienced player! It would be unhealthy for the game!

Niekas wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:16 pm

that being said, a necro bugging his pet and doing whatever he wants, is also a part of the game? o wait
Bugging a pet would be abuse. That is NOT working as intended.

Are you beginning to understand the difference? Let me know if I need to type slower.

chryso wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:39 pm
Niekas wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 pm
how come a fixed LOS gtaoe spell is going to be less effective besides abusing what it does now?
You keep saying abuse. It is not abuse. It is working as intended.
since when aoeing through walls and LOS is not an abuse?

lmao. tragic persona detected

Niekas wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:06 pm
chryso wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:39 pm
Niekas wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:18 pm
how come a fixed LOS gtaoe spell is going to be less effective besides abusing what it does now?
You keep saying abuse. It is not abuse. It is working as intended.
since when aoeing through walls and LOS is not an abuse?

lmao. tragic persona detected
since it's being done with a spell that is specifically designed into the game to do that

Those are not the most pressing issues bringing down the quality of RvR

The more critical...

HP buff
Too many and too cheap field RAs
Siege that is too cheap and too light.
Too many melee classes that can climb walls in Mid.

GTAOE is an annoyance in towers but I don't even consider towers a defensive position any more.

Pets no LOS and going through doors is def up there. Not much can be done without major coding I suspect.

Horus wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:04 pm
Those are not the most pressing issues bringing down the quality of RvR

The more critical...

HP buff
Too many and too cheap field RAs
Siege that is too cheap and too light.
Too many melee classes that can climb walls in Mid.

GTAOE is an annoyance in towers but I don't even consider towers a defensive position any more.

Pets no LOS and going through doors is def up there. Not much can be done without major coding I suspect.
I completely agree on the Savages able to climb walls. Then either VWs have to do it also, or neither. I loved the Live's version of Tanks having a Climbing spell.

Not sure what the HB buff is about, i rolled here a month ago. Whats that?

I rolled an eld for the specific purpose of exploiting the piss out of gtaoe.

I figure that with my luck this bullshit will finally be nerfed once I get that eld to 50.
Sheelba , 6L6 ranger person
Babymetal, kawaii tanker

Mouser,50ns Ningauble,50ment Advanced,50ani
Upto,50hunter Junoesque noob scout