What's needed more here for RvR - Bard or Druid?

Started 29 Dec 2019
by oestcote
in Hibernia
Played DAoC back in the day from launch until about 3-4 years in. Thought those days were over but heard about Phoenix so thought I'd give it a go a couple days ago and, well, holy shit. So many memories flooding back and so much fun. I'm hooked!

I've always been more of a support fan and I used to play a Druid (RR9) and Bard (RR8) back in the day, so definitely planning on playing one of those. I got lucky the other day with some good groups back to back so my Druid is already 41. Planning on getting him to 50 then rolling a Bard and then seeing which one I want to fully template out and jump into some good 'ol hardcore RvR.

That said, though, which would you say Hib has a greater need for? Bard or Druid? I know both are critical and I really don't mind playing either so figured I'd check get your thoughts here. When trying to form groups for RvR, what's your biggest class gap between the two?

Thanks all,
looking forward to playing with you!
Sun 29 Dec 2019 1:56 PM by Patron
Welcome back soldier!
I think bard is more needed, but in the end u should play what make fun in the long run

Have fun, phoenix is great
Tue 14 Jan 2020 1:34 PM by bigne88
oestcote wrote:
Sun 29 Dec 2019 1:13 PM
Played DAoC back in the day from launch until about 3-4 years in. Thought those days were over but heard about Phoenix so thought I'd give it a go a couple days ago and, well, holy shit. So many memories flooding back and so much fun. I'm hooked!

I've always been more of a support fan and I used to play a Druid (RR9) and Bard (RR8) back in the day, so definitely planning on playing one of those. I got lucky the other day with some good groups back to back so my Druid is already 41. Planning on getting him to 50 then rolling a Bard and then seeing which one I want to fully template out and jump into some good 'ol hardcore RvR.

That said, though, which would you say Hib has a greater need for? Bard or Druid? I know both are critical and I really don't mind playing either so figured I'd check get your thoughts here. When trying to form groups for RvR, what's your biggest class gap between the two?

Thanks all,
looking forward to playing with you!

For rvr (keeptake), both are needed.
For 8v8, if you know noone and nees to start pugging, id start with deruid to let yourself known to the 8v8 comunity, than you can make transition to bard.

Id say level both, dosent take much time, and stick to wathever you prefer.
Bard is way harder, if you are rusty, cuz you will need to drive, coordinate mezz and rupt with eldrit ch and nature druid.

I mainly play bard in 8v8 and is hella fun, but you need to focus a lot and if you play at home after a long day of job, is pretty meh.
Than I play druid as backup character; buff deruid is pretty straight forward and you can begin your 8v8 experience staying behind, survive and heal your party; nature druid otherhand is hella fun, cause you will need to do more tasks and foot-work pushing in to root the casters that purged the mezz, rupt the gealers and casters with your pet and roots, pull back behind to clear nearsight and use your instant...just amazing!

But yea, play what do you prefer, just keep in mind that if you wanna do 8v8 pugs an unknown low rank druid will be more accepted than an equivalent bard.
Tue 14 Jan 2020 2:07 PM by Razur Ur
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020 1:34 PM
For 8v8, if you know noone and nees to start pugging, id start with deruid to let yourself known to the 8v8 comunity, than you can make transition to bard.

If he know noone is not better he create a Bard for Duo´s and smallpug or not?
Tue 14 Jan 2020 5:54 PM by bigne88
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020 2:07 PM
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020 1:34 PM

If he know noone is not better he create a Bard for Duo´s and smallpug or not?
Yea it can work too, but imho he has time to play during off peak time. Cuz in prime time 8v8 dudes are forming 8 men.
Thu 16 Jan 2020 8:50 AM by Cadebrennus
It's probably easier to find duo/smallman as a Bard than a Druid because everyone wants speed.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics