Why no love for 2h Perf?

Started 11 Dec 2019
by sonsofhorus
in Tavern
Just wondering why there was no buff<3 for 2h perf for Shadowblades?
Wed 11 Dec 2019 7:06 AM by Razur Ur
Yeah plz more love for 2h champion ^_^.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 3:16 PM by sonsofhorus
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 11 Dec 2019 7:06 AM
Yeah plz more love for 2h champion ^_^.

We discussing Shadowblades and buffs that were given on live to a build that was otherwise considered unplayable until then (which happened like 10+ years ago?), if you want to discuss buffing champions I suggest you start a new thread.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 4:28 PM by Razur Ur
In your Thread Titel stand nothing from Shadowblade :-D
Wed 11 Dec 2019 5:17 PM by sonsofhorus
The only class in the game that can perf with a 2h is a shadowblade.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 10:38 PM by gromet12
sonsofhorus wrote:
Wed 11 Dec 2019 5:17 PM

And why does it need a buff?
Thu 12 Dec 2019 1:44 AM by Riac
gromet12 wrote:
Wed 11 Dec 2019 10:38 PM
sonsofhorus wrote:

not saying it needs a buff, but it is certainly garbage. pa has a weird formula here.
the cost of using the 2h in terms of speed of next attack and the chance of missing or fumbling just isnt worth when you look at its slim return in dmg.
no to mention is slows down you poison applications.
Thu 12 Dec 2019 4:37 AM by sonsofhorus
Riac wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 1:44 AM
gromet12 wrote:
sonsofhorus wrote:

not saying it needs a buff, but it is certainly garbage. pa has a weird formula here.
the cost of using the 2h in terms of speed of next attack and the chance of missing or fumbling just isnt worth when you look at its slim return in dmg.

From what I am hearing the SB is an under performer in the current stealther game in general, maybe a buff to 2h perf might make them sort of okay?
Fri 13 Dec 2019 5:50 PM by Riac
sonsofhorus wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 4:37 AM
Riac wrote:
gromet12 wrote:

From what I am hearing the SB is an under performer in the current stealther game in general, maybe a buff to 2h perf might make them sort of okay?

nope. an sb is only an under performer when compared to the blade specced ns and inf, a 2h pa isnt going to fix that problem. a lot of the stealth fights a pa isnt involved and a lot of ppl dont even open up with pa by choice. a one step stun would be something that would help more than 2h pa. i really wish theyd just drag the 2h pa behind the barn and put a bullet in its head, atleast then ppl would stop troding it out as something that has yet to be figured out. it has, and its garbage.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 10:53 PM by sonsofhorus
Riac wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 5:50 PM
sonsofhorus wrote:
Riac wrote:

nope. an sb is only an under performer when compared to the blade specced ns and inf, a 2h pa isnt going to fix that problem. a lot of the stealth fights a pa isnt involved and a lot of ppl dont even open up with pa by choice. a one step stun would be something that would help more than 2h pa. i really wish theyd just drag the 2h pa behind the barn and put a bullet in its head, atleast then ppl would stop troding it out as something that has yet to be figured out. it has, and its garbage.

As far as I recall blade specced infs have no evade stun what so ever, and from my experience leveling an SB on mordred to rr11 I would have to disagree with you on the importance of how much impact the 2h PA changes had.
Sat 14 Dec 2019 12:18 AM by Riac
sonsofhorus wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 10:53 PM
Riac wrote:
sonsofhorus wrote:

As far as I recall blade specced infs have no evade stun what so ever, and from my experience leveling an SB on mordred to rr11 I would have to disagree with you on the importance of how much impact the 2h PA changes had.

well, they have one here. this is a different server than live and mordred. the pa formula is not like on live, the dmg is very lack luster here.
your anecdote from almost 1 billion years ago, and a different server, holds little water here.
Sat 14 Dec 2019 6:18 AM by sonsofhorus
Riac wrote:
Sat 14 Dec 2019 12:18 AM
sonsofhorus wrote:
Riac wrote:

well, they have one here. this is a different server than live and mordred. the pa formula is not like on live, the dmg is very lack luster here.
your anecdote from almost 1 billion years ago, and a different server, holds little water here.

Funny my experience during classic and the implementation of a buffed 2h PA is exactly the same scenario we are experiencing now, it's amazing that slash infs can get an evade stun (something they still don't have) but for some reason shadowblades can't get a better 2h perf because reasons?

From what I can see so far BS2 has better damage than PA which is sort of broken.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 10:58 PM by Riac
once again.... it is the pa formula. it is the same formula for ns, inf, and sb. you can find it explained in several other threads. w/o changing the formula, pa will continue to be lack luster. which in turn, makes 2h pa gimp.
im really failing to see how 2h pa is going to remedy weapon and armor table isssues. especially when pa isnt even used in most sin fights, someone just anytime opens on you or the NS will just dd or side stun you for opener.
Sat 28 Dec 2019 4:26 PM by pollojack
sonsofhorus wrote:
Riac wrote:
sonsofhorus wrote:

Blades has a 4 sec off evade.
Sat 28 Dec 2019 5:48 PM by Cadebrennus
Riac wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 10:58 PM
once again.... it is the pa formula. it is the same formula for ns, inf, and sb. you can find it explained in several other threads. w/o changing the formula, pa will continue to be lack luster. which in turn, makes 2h pa gimp.
im really failing to see how 2h pa is going to remedy weapon and armor table isssues. especially when pa isnt even used in most sin fights, someone just anytime opens on you or the NS will just dd or side stun you for opener.

Why is it assumed that an NS can land positionals but other classes can't? I just don't understand this mentality.
Sat 28 Dec 2019 6:19 PM by gotwqqd
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 28 Dec 2019 5:48 PM
Riac wrote:

Why is it assumed that an NS can land positionals but other classes can't? I just don't understand this mentality.
NS=Lurikeen->scurry between legs to get positionals
Sat 28 Dec 2019 8:34 PM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 28 Dec 2019 6:19 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Riac wrote:

NS=Lurikeen->scurry between legs to get positionals

This genuinely made me lol.

But......

Dual wielding Lurikeens aren't as nimble as everyone assumes...
Sat 28 Dec 2019 11:13 PM by Riac
Cadebrennus wrote:
Riac wrote:

they certainly can. however, none of the posistionals are nearly as cool for an opener as a 4 sec side stun. only one i can think of that is even closeto that is the axe at speed debuff side style.
the real beauty of the 4 sec side stun opener is it allows you to get 2 stuns per fight, the Creeping death stun is 7 secs which only allows for you to get 1 stun a fight ( most times). if you dont understand why this is good maybe you should keep your balance advice to yourself.
Sun 29 Dec 2019 12:24 AM by Cadebrennus
Riac wrote:
Sat 28 Dec 2019 11:13 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Riac wrote:

they certainly can. however, none of the posistionals are nearly as cool for an opener as a 4 sec side stun. only one i can think of that is even closeto that is the axe at speed debuff side style.
the real beauty of the 4 sec side stun opener is it allows you to get 2 stuns per fight, the Creeping death stun is 7 secs which only allows for you to get 1 stun a fight ( most times). if you dont understand why this is good maybe you should keep your balance advice to yourself.

No one ever said anything about a 4 second stun not being good (yet people act like they can't live without Slam).

I will reiterate. Why is it that a single style (side stun) that is a side positional (referred to as "so easy to pull off it might as well be an anytime" somehow thought to be magically easier to pull off than any other positional style in the game? That's what I don't get.

Maybe you should keep your advice about other people giving advice to yourself.
Sun 29 Dec 2019 5:32 AM by Riac
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 29 Dec 2019 12:24 AM
Riac wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

No one ever said anything about a 4 second stun not being good (yet people act like they can't live without Slam).

I will reiterate. Why is it that a single style (side stun) that is a side positional (referred to as "so easy to pull off it might as well be an anytime" somehow thought to be magically easier to pull off than any other positional style in the game? That's what I don't get.

id say that all side styles are easy to pull off in combat, the arc is ridiculously large. youd know that if you actually played on this server, which you dont.

also this thread was talking about sins fighting each other and the openers theyd use. why are you talking about slam?? ppl complain about the side stun because its seen often and its quite noticeable when it goes off, unlike atk speed debuffs or other effects that arent as noticeable as a stun.

shout out to another wonderful post by cade where he totally lacks context and doesnt even play on the server.
Sun 29 Dec 2019 5:45 AM by easytoremember
Riac wrote:
Sun 29 Dec 2019 5:32 AM
id say that all side styles are easy to pull off in combat, the arc is ridiculously large. youd know that if you actually played on this server, which you dont.

also this thread was talking about sins fighting each other and the openers theyd use. why are you talking about slam?? ppl complain about the side stun because its seen often and its quite noticeable when it goes off, unlike atk speed debuffs or other effects that arent as noticeable as a stun.

shout out to another wonderful post by cade where he totally lacks context and doesnt even play on the server.
I believe his point is NS sidestun being treated as a given (as if it were an anytime style) while the sidestyles of infil/sb are disreguarded when comparing the 3 assassins' superiority over one another
Sun 29 Dec 2019 7:05 AM by Riac
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 29 Dec 2019 5:45 AM
Riac wrote:

I believe his point is NS sidestun being treated as a given (as if it were an anytime style) while the sidestyles of infil/sb are disreguarded when comparing the 3 assassins' superiority over one another

because the stun is noticeably better than the positionals of inf or sb.

it is a bit of a given, its super easy to land. the side arc on thsi server is big af. anyone that practices it in duels for a couple of nights will be able to land it pretty reliably. try it out
Sun 29 Dec 2019 8:17 AM by Cadebrennus
Riac wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:
Riac wrote:

Do you literally forget your own words immediately after typing them? Do yourself a favour then. Use the three lines button at the top and click "your posts". Then you can review your own statements before post stupid shit like you just did. Again. Seriously, do you not remember posting that a 4 second stun is better than a longer stun in a fight? That's why I brought up the prevalence of a 9 second stun and everyone clamouring over it. Do yourself a favour. Look at your own posts before trying to be snarky again.
Sun 29 Dec 2019 6:06 PM by gromet12
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 29 Dec 2019 8:17 AM
Riac wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

Do you literally forget your own words immediately after typing them? Do yourself a favour then. Use the three lines button at the top and click "your posts". Then you can review your own statements before post stupid shit like you just did. Again. Seriously, do you not remember posting that a 4 second stun is better than a longer stun in a fight? That's why I brought up the prevalence of a 9 second stun and everyone clamouring over it. Do yourself a favour. Look at your own posts before trying to be snarky again.

Shorter stuns due to immunity timer have a chance of getting landed multiple times, that is the point of it being “better”, it’s all situational but landing a long duration stun to have it purged gives 45secs of immunity while the 4sec gives 20secs, meaning you have potential of landing it again. Target purges your 9sec or purges a 4sec...which would you honestly want?
Sun 29 Dec 2019 10:10 PM by Riac
gromet12 wrote:
Sun 29 Dec 2019 6:06 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Riac wrote:

Shorter stuns due to immunity timer have a chance of getting landed multiple times, that is the point of it being “better”, it’s all situational but landing a long duration stun to have it purged gives 45secs of immunity while the 4sec gives 20secs, meaning you have potential of landing it again. Target purges your 9sec or purges a 4sec...which would you honestly want?

lol ty gromet for explaining it to this guy. theyre going to purge your long stun and then have stun immunity the whole fight. thats why you dont use CD on other sins.

cade, knows so much but understands so little.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 2:03 AM by gotwqqd
The whole CD side chain is awesome
It’s a setup for a large advantage over an opponenet
Mon 30 Dec 2019 8:13 PM by Cadebrennus
gromet12 wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:
Riac wrote:

Mon 30 Dec 2019 8:16 PM by Cadebrennus
Riac wrote:
Sun 29 Dec 2019 10:10 PM
gromet12 wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

lol ty gromet for explaining it to this guy. theyre going to purge your long stun and then have stun immunity the whole fight. thats why you dont use CD on other sins.

And you post so much but yet reading comprehension is well....beyond your comprehension.

Urgh. Not once did I dispute 4 second stuns vs 9 second stuns. Just pointed out that some people refer to 9 second stuns as some sort of godmode and other people refer to 4 second positionals as "anytimes".

You two truly are thick.
Mon 30 Dec 2019 9:07 PM by Riac
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 30 Dec 2019 8:16 PM
Riac wrote:
Sun 29 Dec 2019 10:10 PM
gromet12 wrote:

And you post so much but yet reading comprehension is well....beyond your comprehension.

Urgh. Not once did I dispute 4 second stuns vs 9 second stuns. Just pointed out that some people refer to 9 second stuns as some sort of godmode and other people refer to 4 second positionals as "anytimes".

You two truly are thick.

lol what?? so youre pretty much saying that you had no input on this thread at all? just said a couple of things that essentially amount to nothing?
Wed 1 Jan 2020 4:28 PM by gromet12
Cadebrennus wrote: And you post so much but yet reading comprehension is well....beyond your comprehension.

You two truly are thick.

In the early days of DAOC yes when purge was a 30m ability, it made the chances of someone purging your CC less likely. This is what made people think of slam/bow shot as “god mode” or the DF as an easy win. Now purge is 15m at worst, most get it on a 10M to match other abilities, and others will get it sooner as RRs are earned so fast here.
Sat 18 Jan 2020 2:39 AM by Slimshadey
If there was a buff for Shadowblade 2H perf then imo there should be one for Nightshades as well since they can perform all Crit Strike styles with a staff, but that's just my opinion.
Sat 18 Jan 2020 8:49 AM by Cadebrennus
Slimshadey wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 2:39 AM
If there was a buff for Shadowblade 2H perf then imo there should be one for Nightshades as well since they can perform all Crit Strike styles with a staff, but that's just my opinion.

If there is an inherent 2handed boost to CS then it would automatically boost staff Perfs as well
Mon 20 Jan 2020 1:41 AM by Bicstor
Slimshadey wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020 2:39 AM

The damage using a staff will be poor anyway in comparison to a 2h sword.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics