The elephant in the room.

Started 4 Sep 2019
by relvinian
in Tavern
Or rather, not in the room.

Where the hell did all the people go?
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:47 AM by ExcretusMaximus
WoW and school.

If this wasn't expected, people were shortsighted.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:53 AM by florin
wow - this dog is dead
Thu 5 Sep 2019 5:41 AM by Sepplord
i was very busy the last week...has there been a considerable drop off?

i wanted to look into it after at least a week after classic launched but is it big enoug to be clearly visible already?
Thu 5 Sep 2019 5:49 AM by Aytlan
I don't know where you were, but the action has been constant and fantastic! Haven't seen your name on the death/kill screen, rvr much lately Relv?
Thu 5 Sep 2019 7:42 AM by Freedomcall
I see about 300 ppl on late NA/Asian time, but also see 1.4k ppl on Euro prime time(Even it was monday night).
Guess euro guys don't play wow cuz there weren't any population loss =P
Thu 5 Sep 2019 9:50 AM by Nunki
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 7:42 AM
I see about 300 ppl on late NA/Asian time, but also see 1.4k ppl on Euro prime time(Even it was monday night).
Guess euro guys don't play wow cuz there weren't any population loss =P

Exactly.

140+ Albzerg (vs 90 mids, 80 hibs) during EU prime evening at the beginning of this week.

Amazing action for a 20 year old game!

I can't complain at all.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 11:47 AM by relvinian
I never played wow and i don't plan on starting. I actually stopped playing and started working out more, walking, and went fishing a couple times.

lost 5 pounds so far.

I might log in a little bit but if i see sub 300 i won't bother.

Albion: 169 Midgard: 139 Hibernia: 105, granted u europeans are eating cheese or whatever u do and many usa going to work.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 1:08 PM by florin
wow is different - not better really. in some things yes in others no...worst part is waiting in queue for hours to play. its gotten better though, only 1 hour wait last night.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 1:10 PM by Stoertebecker
relvinian wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 11:47 AM
granted u europeans are eating cheese or whatever u do and many usa going to work.

Back in those days we had always more players on the eu servers than ppl playing on the us servers.
From the eu servers view there was no reason for clustering with the us servers.

Btw ...wow sucks royal d....
Thu 5 Sep 2019 1:47 PM by Cadebrennus
PvP sucks on WoW. Who in the hell wants to play capture the flag when there are castles to sack/defend and open world PvP to be had?

Note: I'm aware it's RvR, but outside of DAOC it's PvP
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:02 PM by Horus
Nostalgia is a draw. However that draw can quickly be satiated or lost.

IMO the nostalgia for classic WoW will wear off pretty quickly. The good old days aren't always as good as we remember. If you are a PvE fan which is pretty much all WoW is, you will quickly realize classic WoW does not age well with current expectations. Now you can say the same about Daoc and we see the evidence of this with every classic shard (pop peaks then drops). At least with Daoc you have a fairly unique PvP experience which can't help but introduce at least a little bit of variety each play session.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:15 PM by Sleepwell
Peaks and valley. I mentioned in guild and alliance this week that it feels like we lost another 20-40% of the remaining pop to WoW, School, vacation, boredom. Hopefully they come back.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:15 PM by Sleepwell
Heres the valley. This is the lowest i think i've seen it since Pheonix went live. Crossing fingers that its a phase.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:18 PM by Sepplord
Sleepwell wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:15 PM
Peaks and valley. I mentioned in guild and alliance this week that it feels like we lost another 20-40% of the remaining pop to WoW, School, vacation, boredom. Hopefully they come back.

that graph doesn't show that imo though...

the peaks on 02.09 are just hiugher then the days before (which is weird, since i wouldn't expect mondays to have higher pop than weekends
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:19 PM by Sleepwell
I was just showing the highest and lowest for the week.

Highest number isnt a concern. Its the lowest (valley) that should be concerning.

And Monday was labor day in the US (maybe elsewhere) , so lots were on vacation and played.
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:24 PM by Sepplord
i got really confused for a sec, then i noticed you had posted two pictures. guess i accessed the post exactly between those two being posted

that said: the valley you picked out looks like a fluke. Either there was something wrong with the server there or with the output to the tracking site. It doesn't look like a representive valley
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:54 PM by Sleepwell
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:24 PM
i got really confused for a sec, then i noticed you had posted two pictures. guess i accessed the post exactly between those two being posted

that said: the valley you picked out looks like a fluke. Either there was something wrong with the server there or with the output to the tracking site. It doesn't look like a representive valley

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. 8/2/19 being a fluke... that was labor day / US like i said. I think Canada had labor day on the same day?. So maybe that did play into it. I cut up the week to demonstrate the pattern though. I didnt manipulate the data, only showed the pattern. 5 days in succession that time frame. 3-350 players during that time period. Its possible that this has always been the case, but its way more apparent lately. As far as being a representative valley... i think it is.. its a pattern. In the end it doesnt matter. We play till we're done playing, then we move on. i just prefer pointing out to obvious to those who can make necessary adjustments. I prefer active over reactive. If they react when the base has left, its VERY hard to get them back....

[attachment=0]pattern.JPG[/attachment]
Thu 5 Sep 2019 5:17 PM by Sepplord
Sleepwell wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:54 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:24 PM

I'm not completely disagreeing with you. 8/2/19 being a fluke... that was labor day / US like i said. I think Canada had labor day on the same day?. So maybe that did play into it. I cut up the week to demonstrate the pattern though. I didnt manipulate the data, only showed the pattern. 5 days in succession that time frame. 3-350 players during that time period. Its possible that this has always been the case, but its way more apparent lately. As far as being a representative valley... i think it is.. its a pattern. In the end it doesnt matter. We play till we're done playing, then we move on. i just prefer pointing out to obvious to those who can make necessary adjustments. I prefer active over reactive. If they react when the base has left, its VERY hard to get them back....

pattern.JPG

what i mean is that there is something wrong with the data....

look at that one valley that sticks out. It isn't consistent in the data. There is an error there or anothe rinfluence that caused a lot of people to be offline then.
the population already begins to rise, then there is this sudden drop off, and immediatly after it jumps back up to where you would expect it. It's a bit hard to see, since you are covering it wioth the tooltip but it is an anomaly that isn'T representative.

the labor day probably had something to with the increase on monday too, so all in all it seems like a REALLY bad week to look at. And then it isn't compared to a different week.

Population is slowly declining since server opening, that's nothing new. And imo the data isn't showing any sudden change this week
Thu 5 Sep 2019 5:54 PM by Cadebrennus
A lot of people in the U.S. spend time with their families and friends on Labor Day. It's the unofficial national BBQ outside day. Then there's a small portion that's at Burning Man
Thu 5 Sep 2019 7:49 PM by Kemoauc
Monday evening when the Alb got the relics it said 1400+ players online.

How can the ingame stats be so different from the ones shown on this page?

Edit: wait it actually says 1400 the number is just placed awkwardly.
Fri 6 Sep 2019 10:45 AM by florin
In the end it only really matters shan’t the population is when each person plays. 1400 is nice but for me the reality is closer to 400 - not lively enough for me.
Fri 6 Sep 2019 10:05 PM by Warjon
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 2:47 AM
WoW and school.

If this wasn't expected, people were shortsighted.

Exactly. Many came with great hope and found out this is just Uth3. It is an EU game for the organized EU guilds. They closed off leveling in the FZ by farming any new people that came here. Camped other PvE zones with their SI toons. Made it an AOE only PvE game for grouping, and then noobs soloing past 40, and then again for gear after 50? Just to fight RR 11s Lol right. So you end up with basically your same EU players. /shrug not a surprize, just a disappointment.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:06 PM by Voso
541 online at 10:45am on Wed 9/11/19 The population has definitely seen a significant impact starting in August. The massive ban wave and WoW Classic has been very devastating to the population. The question should be how do we reverse this trend and generate new interest in the game?

I have only been rvring so the numbers are more terrifying

Frontier 50: 64a 78m 35h 176t
Frontier Stealth 50: 13a 18m 9h 40t

Which means there are only 26 visible lvl 50 hibs which is pretty slim to create groups and keep the game alive if the only thing you care about is RvR..
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:13 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Voso wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:06 PM
228 online at 9:49am on Wed 9/11/19

I'm not sure where you're getting a number that small, the front page says 479 and the in-game count says the same.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:44 PM by Voso
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:13 PM
Voso wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:06 PM
228 online at 9:49am on Wed 9/11/19

I'm not sure where you're getting a number that small, the front page says 479 and the in-game count says the same.

Sorry about that I was looking at 50s only. Ill edit my post for the current time.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:48 PM by Roto23
God i miss the days of 2000+
Wed 11 Sep 2019 3:26 PM by Dominus
Relv you lost 5lbs? Awesome man. I too quit and don't plan on reinstalling, but do enjoy reading about the progress. Sad to see the server pop decline, but as many have said, "real life calls"
Wed 11 Sep 2019 4:15 PM by Leandrys
Quitted too, lost weight too, feeling better too.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 4:18 AM by relvinian
Yeah kept the 5 pounds off. Been going for long walks twice a day with my dog. Not gaming at all. Fishing. Reading.

I don't have any negative thoughts about the game I just can't seem to want to play.

I wonder if this is a natural process for all daoc servers/game servers.

But also i think it may be just an outlier. Maybe people will take a break and come back later. Who knows.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 11:48 AM by Nunki
relvinian wrote:
Thu 12 Sep 2019 4:18 AM
Yeah kept the 5 pounds off. Been going for long walks twice a day with my dog. Not gaming at all. Fishing. Reading.

I don't have any negative thoughts about the game I just can't seem to want to play.

I wonder if this is a natural process for all daoc servers/game servers.

But also i think it may be just an outlier. Maybe people will take a break and come back later. Who knows.

Every DAoC server in the last 10 years (probably ANY MMO) has declining numbers.
Freeshards only have an inflow of new players via word of mouth or (rarely) through popular streamers.

Monetized MMO's can advertise their product, give out free trials or sought-after ingame items to catch new players.
There is no way for Phoenix to do that.

What Phoenix would need is an inflow of entirely new players, but to be honest, without having an insight of the endgame content and/or help via friends who know that game, I would DEFINiTELY stop after the first wipe and running around with speed 0. Even if there would be tutorial quest lines in-game, they might not be appealing.

Attracting entirely new players would help the population, in order to achieve this we need proper guides and media, as for example:

Expand the "Start to play" guide on the phoenix Homepage by Step 5 "How to play DAoC Phoenix".
Link to a stickied Forum post with the following information in text and video:
- Guide explaining the DAoC basics (focused on Phoenix) and giving an insight into the endgame (especially RvR)
- Guide explaining each class
- Guide with a complete walkthrough lvl 1-50 solo for each realm
- Noob friendly Custom UI with map material including xp loot spots, step by step guide to set it up

You have all your chars temped and you know you won't use the amount of feathers / platin you have anyway?
Don't sit on your resources until Phoenix dies out. Offer free lotteries for Noobs.

Try to contact popular MMO Streamers and ask them to take a look at DAoC Phoenix.

Contact the old friends you played DAoC with years ago and explain that there is a great server.

The server setup is great at the current state, well balanced ratio between effort (time used) and profit (lvl 50 temped chars).
Many supported ways to play (solo, small-men, 8x8, zerg) and enough action to find (at least during EU primetime).

What we need even more is a Noob-friendly environment heavily supported by the community (free stuff lotteries, guides / tutorials, open minded guilds).

Greetings
Mon 16 Sep 2019 9:00 AM by Frigzy
Numbers dropped because Launch and its aftermath is an unnatural state of commitment most players are putting out. You'll see people skipping RL responsibilities for sometimes weeks on end just to get ahead of the curve or at least ride the top wave. Others simply play more often than they normally would because they're excited.

Now, several months later, things have been settling down for a while and the aftermath of launch is fading. People go back to their day to day routine and notice that their initial urge to play isn't as strong anymore, thus more frequently choose not to play and do something else. This effect accumulates as people lose in-game companions which creates its own effects.

Result, you have a much lower yet more stable population with people coming and going sporadically.

Sure other factors are also at play, but the trend at large is probably simply because of the fact that a new server launch is so overly intense.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 4:35 PM by elninost0rm
Frigzy wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 9:00 AM
Numbers dropped because Launch and its aftermath is an unnatural state of commitment most players are putting out. You'll see people skipping RL responsibilities for sometimes weeks on end just to get ahead of the curve or at least ride the top wave. Others simply play more often than they normally would because they're excited.

Now, several months later, things have been settling down for a while and the aftermath of launch is fading. People go back to their day to day routine and notice that their initial urge to play isn't as strong anymore, thus more frequently choose not to play and do something else. This effect accumulates as people lose in-game companions which creates its own effects.

Result, you have a much lower yet more stable population with people coming and going sporadically.

Sure other factors are also at play, but the trend at large is probably simply because of the fact that a new server launch is so overly intense.

Yep. Agreed. I think the population will eventually stabilize and those that enjoy playing here will continue to do so. The barrier to entry in RvR is so much lower here than it was on Uth2, and that's ultimately why that server completely failed.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 7:10 PM by Sepplord
completely agree, at least that's what i am hoping for
but if the server keeps changing constantly, i fear it will alienate a few players every time they introduce mayor new mechanics
Mon 16 Sep 2019 7:33 PM by Cadebrennus
The uncertainty of what sort of game I'm going to log into has made me log on less and less. Certain Devs who can't keep their hands off the code like a fat kid near a cookie jar has made me want to play less and less. I leveled to 50 at launch, wrote a guide, then left in disgust as wave after wave made it impossible to know what was coming next for my favourite class, favourite realm, or favourite game. I returned when I had more free time and at least a semblance of assurance that things had mellowed out patch-wise. Now, another major upheaval is in the works and players are jittery again. JUST STOP. Find a balance and then leave it alone, concentrating on bugs etc. The legendary RvR still brings in new players, as does a nontoxic community. Be supportive of new players, don't pull out the rug from under their feet (DEVS), and most of all, let them play in this sandbox with confidence.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 12:01 PM by Leandrys
I thought there would be more focus on events and special tasks to be honnest.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 10:54 PM by relvinian
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 7:33 PM
The uncertainty of what sort of game I'm going to log into has made me log on less and less. Certain Devs who can't keep their hands off the code like a fat kid near a cookie jar has made me want to play less and less. I leveled to 50 at launch, wrote a guide, then left in disgust as wave after wave made it impossible to know what was coming next for my favourite class, favourite realm, or favourite game. I returned when I had more free time and at least a semblance of assurance that things had mellowed out patch-wise. Now, another major upheaval is in the works and players are jittery again. JUST STOP. Find a balance and then leave it alone, concentrating on bugs etc. The legendary RvR still brings in new players, as does a nontoxic community. Be supportive of new players, don't pull out the rug from under their feet (DEVS), and most of all, let them play in this sandbox with confidence.

This has some merit
Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:29 AM by Halcyon702
relvinian wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

This has some merit

What a surprise. Server advertised as "classic" constantly making unpredictable changes people didn't ask for, don't want, and needlessly divide the community. Action was frequent and dynamic across multiple frontiers with that original flag system that allowed for change of pace and multiple styles of gameplay, fun while it lasted till devs do what devs do.
Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:56 AM by Hector
Time to bring back OF with flags and gvg list. LETS DO IT. Also please kill RP participation after rr5
Sun 22 Sep 2019 3:29 PM by Frigzy
Hector wrote:
Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:56 AM
Time to bring back OF with flags and gvg list. LETS DO IT. Also please kill RP participation after rr5

I dislike the flags, and keeptasks, it felt kind of senseless and soulless.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11229#p85787

Wrote some ideas for OF down here.
Sun 22 Sep 2019 3:51 PM by relvinian
Hector wrote:
Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:56 AM

Only if you do a server wipe. Otherwise u have rr 11 toons and new players who can't catch up.
Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:15 PM by iamsaitam
Server wipe's don't result in higher numbers of people joining, quite the opposite.
Mon 23 Sep 2019 7:35 AM by Cadebrennus
iamsaitam wrote:
Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:15 PM
Server wipe's don't result in higher numbers of people joining, quite the opposite.

Agreed. Why bother working towards something when it's just going to be wiped out or made insignificant.
Sun 6 Oct 2019 10:33 PM by LedriTheThane
Horus wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 3:02 PM
Nostalgia is a draw. However that draw can quickly be satiated or lost.

IMO the nostalgia for classic WoW will wear off pretty quickly. The good old days aren't always as good as we remember. If you are a PvE fan which is pretty much all WoW is, you will quickly realize classic WoW does not age well with current expectations. Now you can say the same about Daoc and we see the evidence of this with every classic shard (pop peaks then drops). At least with Daoc you have a fairly unique PvP experience which can't help but introduce at least a little bit of variety each play session.

The nostalgia argument is always a bad one. You're here for a reason. Classic WoW's drop off isn't nearly as bad as expected by many.
Sun 6 Oct 2019 10:44 PM by LedriTheThane
Halcyon702 wrote:
Sun 22 Sep 2019 10:29 AM
relvinian wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

This has some merit

What a surprise. Server advertised as "classic" constantly making unpredictable changes people didn't ask for, don't want, and needlessly divide the community. Action was frequent and dynamic across multiple frontiers with that original flag system that allowed for change of pace and multiple styles of gameplay, fun while it lasted till devs do what devs do.

Stuff like this was a major reason why I had slowly drifted away. Played less and less, at one point didn't log on for a couple of weeks, and had basically quit once Classic WoW came out. I've loved both games for different reasons but at least Classic's future is more established than the changes this server will have in the future. I'm not particularly against some changes either, but much like I quit live in recent years, there's too much changes in too short of time.
Sun 6 Oct 2019 11:34 PM by ExcretusMaximus
This server was never advertised as classic by the developers, only the players.
Fri 11 Oct 2019 10:53 AM by Patron
Classic sucks...
I wanted a balanced server with a twist.
And i got what i want.
Thanks Phoenix.
For the players which loved pure classic experienced, i can say this.
There is a reason why Uthgard failed. And thats imho the classic and patchpointdogmatism.

Phoenix staff had the courage, Uthgard staff dont had and have.
Thanks!

I hope one day Uthgard staff can pull out the finger off, firing Abydos and create a server what is worth for the oldest daoc freeshard.

Got 2 good freeshards should be good for the daoc Szene
Fri 11 Oct 2019 10:03 PM by gromet12
Patron wrote:
Fri 11 Oct 2019 10:53 AM
Classic sucks...
I wanted a balanced server with a twist.
And i got what i want.
Thanks Phoenix.
For the players which loved pure classic experienced, i can say this.
There is a reason why Uthgard failed. And thats imho the classic and patchpointdogmatism.

Phoenix staff had the courage, Uthgard staff dont had and have.
Thanks!

I hope one day Uthgard staff can pull out the finger off, firing Abydos and create a server what is worth for the oldest daoc freeshard.

Got 2 good freeshards should be good for the daoc Szene

Balance in who's eyes is the question....I see changes to "classic" and I'm fine with that but I also see it has created unintended consequences. Just look at the feather system as an example

A Mordred server would've been awesome as well
Mon 14 Oct 2019 1:59 PM by Patron
gromet12 wrote:
Fri 11 Oct 2019 10:03 PM
Balance in who's eyes is the question....I see changes to "classic" and I'm fine with that but I also see it has created unintended consequences. Just look at the feather system as an example

A Mordred server would've been awesome as well

Hello, thanks for responding.
Of course every change can be corrupt in any way, Sometimes changes affect other parameter you´ve not on screen. And in best case, you can learn from this happy little mistake.
And to answer your question relate to which eyes balancing: in the eye of the staff. They decide which way we go, like in every other (free)shard in any game.
I gave this staff a advantage in trust and till today they not disappoint me. Even when some changes come along which was not my favourite, but in the end it create a round and succesfully server. And this it what count in the end.

Look on Uthgard, as bad example.
The staff has and had no courage to make decisions and i guess they think they are some kind of tired to run a freeshard.
They aim a patchgoal what fits in their mind and they sucessfully reach this patchpoint.
Sadly this patchpoint sux in many ways and thats drive away the players.
And now they dont make any big steps to enhance their server, the serveradmin is long time no seen and what is left are 1 developer and 1 GM.

In my opinion, the overallgoal of Phoenix is to make a short road to rvr and the feathers are a very good way to get players the items they need.
Maybe you can write me which "unintended consequences" the feather system born? Because i can see no bad sides.

Greetings
Tue 15 Oct 2019 1:30 PM by Horus
I really don't think it has anything to do with Phoenix itself. They've landed on the optimal experience IMO. We have to admit, NF is more interesting than OF. The QoL tweaks are nice. Leveling is not a terrible grind. Classes seemed pretty balanced for the most part. There is plenty of PvE content if that is your thing. There is always at least some action somewhere, obviously depends on the time. Nothing is ever going to be perfect for everyone. Phoenix has done a pretty good job of catering to most.

DaoC is just an old game. We are the old guard hanging on. Every year there are fewer and fewer of us. Also, I don't think you can discount the WoW vs DaoC thing. I'm sure many who like DaoC also liked WoW and left to play on the classic server. I don't think you are going to be attract "new" players unless there is some cultural breakthrough that puts DaoC back on the map and inspires a younger generation to want to try it.
Tue 15 Oct 2019 5:00 PM by Andryah
Horus wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 1:30 PM
I really don't think it has anything to do with Phoenix itself. They've landed on the optimal experience IMO. We have to admit, NF is more interesting than OF. The QoL tweaks are nice. Leveling is not a terrible grind. Classes seemed pretty balanced for the most part. There is plenty of PvE content if that is your thing. There is always at least some action somewhere, obviously depends on the time. Nothing is ever going to be perfect for everyone. Phoenix has done a pretty good job of catering to most.

DaoC is just an old game. We are the old guard hanging on. Every year there are fewer and fewer of us. Also, I don't think you can discount the WoW vs DaoC thing. I'm sure many who like DaoC also liked WoW and left to play on the classic server. I don't think you are going to be attract "new" players unless there is some cultural breakthrough that puts DaoC back on the map and inspires a younger generation to want to try it.

Attracting new players in this case means drawing from retired DAOC veterans.

The single largest reason I left Phoenix (I still check back now and then to see if anything is worth returning for) is that they effectively made the onramp at launch such that early players capped level and gained equipment needed, and RRs and wealth fairly quickly. Nothing wrong with that per se.... but then they essentially destroyed that onramp and replaced it with a new one... and the new one means newer players will never catch up with the early players on the server. They created in essence a two class system.. which I don't think they intended to do.. but somehow crab walked their way into it. That is when I left... even though I was one of the early players who enjoyed the original onramp to the game.

And by onramp, I mean... the effort to get to cap level, get geared, and have enough coin to stay self sufficient as you shift over into RvR (which was always the core of what DAOC was about).

I believe the root cause here was a failure to properly analyze and plan for the maturity curve of characters while maintaining ways for new players (actually old DAOC players) to join the server and after the same modest effort and focus as early adopters... be on par with said early adopters in RvR.
Tue 15 Oct 2019 5:15 PM by Sepplord
i believe the current situation to get geared is more the real scope they had....
early leader farming epic-dungeons 2-3times a day with zergs of 300-400players was not the planned scope and made progressing at that time really easy
Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:29 AM by Cadebrennus
Horus wrote:
Tue 15 Oct 2019 1:30 PM

Attracting a new generation would literally require a new game with identical or similar mechanics. ESO held that promise but then went the WoW route in regards to raids and balancing.

DAOC2 would be epic (if done right).
Fri 8 Nov 2019 1:21 PM by Shadanwolf
relvinian wrote:
Thu 5 Sep 2019 11:47 AM
I never played wow and i don't plan on starting. I actually stopped playing and started working out more, walking, and went fishing a couple times.

lost 5 pounds so far.

I might log in a little bit but if i see sub 300 i won't bother.

Albion: 169 Midgard: 139 Hibernia: 105, granted u europeans are eating cheese or whatever u do and many usa going to work.

"I never played wow and i don't plan on starting. I actually stopped playing and started working out more, walking, and went fishing a couple times."
Ketogenic nutrition is the answer.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 1:03 AM by Aminita
Well...
.With the 75% to gold and salvage farming, .. this new , supposedly better xp leveling method, various other nerfs ( animist especially.. in an underdog realm) not to mention the added Hit Points to Tank classes.. Lets see now.... Which realm has the biggest and baddest tanks already ?? Oh Midgard?? The Realm that is consistently walking over ALL the other realms gets a Boost.. SAD....
Just looked at the /u stats...
52 Albs 47 mids 29 Hibs..
I have NEVER see the NF population that low..
Only at 3-4 am NA time does it ever sink so low.

I know a lot of HIbs .. just totally fed up with getting nerfed again and again when being the underdog. They have just left.. For WOW, Live .. ANY other game..
People that have played DAOC for 10-15 years..
Cant say that I blame them ..

There IS a definite lack of parity in the game today ..
Aminita.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 5:14 AM by shintacki
The frontier population has nothing to do with any of the stuff you just listed. There was a PvP event this weekend, thats where everyone was.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:38 PM by Nunki
Aminita wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019 1:03 AM
… various other nerfs ( animist especially.. in an underdog realm) ...
So. single classes should get a buff / be OP just because one realm is underpopped?
Check out the herald.
Highest RRs. Last 48h RPs. Last week RP's. All dominated by Hibernia. As it seams, permanent RP boost works well.

Aminita wrote:
… Which realm has the biggest and baddest tanks already ?? Oh Midgard?? The Realm that is consistently walking over ALL the other realms gets a Boost.. SAD....
Just to widen your perspective. At EU-Primetime, Albion usually has 20+% more lvl50/RvR-population than Midgard.
Comparing the Zerg vs Zerg situation it is even worse, because Albion manages to get the whole population in one bg, which is rarely the case in Midgard.
Not complaining at all, everytime I log in with 20-30% rp boni (Midgard) I am quite happy.

Aminita wrote:
I know a lot of HIbs .. just totally fed up with getting nerfed again and again when being the underdog. They have just left.. For WOW, Live .. ANY other game..
People that have played DAOC for 10-15 years..
Cant say that I blame them ..
Please state more than one Hibernia nerf that occured in the last months. All I could remember was the shroom nerf, which was neccesary but quite drastic.
The HP-boost was implemented for all three realms and I personally doubt that this caused a noticeable disadvantage for Hibernia or a noticeable Advantage for Midgard.

Even people playing a game for 10-15 years (or especially those) leave games even if they work well. Several DAoC freeshards died after months/years depending on quality.

As far as I understood, most of the changes done now (xp change, loot / salvage change and so on) are changes that should have been implemented months ago (if not from the beginning) but Phoenix staff decided that other features / changes have a higher priority.
Players obviously see those changes as a punishment. They are nothing else but delayed changes required for a stable long-term experience.
Unfortunately these changes came too late, at a time where PvE is hard enough and Population naturally declines anyway.
Tue 26 Nov 2019 9:29 AM by Lillebror
Most likely good changes for the server it self (personaly didnt like task, NF or HP change).
but as other stated, these changes have made a tir1 and tir2 population. where the late commers/newly rerollers is punished hard vs the easy street we had at launch.

It will always be like this. Only fix i see to it is seasons. So ppl catch up. I stayed very long at Uthgard and i probably stay over time here too.
Tue 26 Nov 2019 10:29 AM by falcon
When I see 100+ mids attacking blend late in the night (EU Time) when 175 alb was in sidi, I'm not sure this game is dying :p

What changes do u talk about ? the fact that Dev replaced the most boring leveling (25-35) by 2 xp item (x100) u can buy (price are now back under 30g/each) or drop in few hours to be virtually level 50 the day u begin to play ??? (I will write a leveling guide soon for eternal whiners...)

The only change I see, and I understand many of you regret old time where XP was a family and during months u hit mobs again and again u have time to chat, have fun and find new friends, now its impossible, you begin a char the monday morning, the monday evening you finished to hit mobs for EVER and are in NF RVR, and up 50 the weekend...
Tue 26 Nov 2019 10:59 AM by Lillebror
Back under 30g each...

I didnt buy stacks of 10 above 200g that gave 7ish bobles pre nerf.

Feel free to send me a guide on pm (hib) when your done.
Tue 26 Nov 2019 2:30 PM by falcon
Lillebror wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019 10:59 AM
Back under 30g each...

Post nerf its not rare to up with 10 items only (around level 20) so people crying because they need to pay 250 for 10 bubbles instead of 200 for 7 ? :p
My guide will be 100% alb (I hate other realms :p ), and if u want to up 50 a week on hib just farm alb and send platine to hib (but I'm sure anim is fastest than cabal ^^)
Tue 26 Nov 2019 8:51 PM by Lillebror
falcon wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019 2:30 PM
Lillebror wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019 10:59 AM
Back under 30g each...

Post nerf its not rare to up with 10 items only (around level 20) so people crying because they need to pay 250 for 10 bubbles instead of 200 for 7 ? :p
My guide will be 100% alb (I hate other realms :p ), and if u want to up 50 a week on hib just farm alb and send platine to hib (but I'm sure anim is fastest than cabal ^^)

Im x alb, i got enough plat on cm if i want to transfer.
Post the guide, it will give a picture of whats needed and effort put into dinging 50 now.
My experience is that its the earlie levels 1-10 is quick And i guess now that task items its even quicker, hard/slow part was 20-35 and high 45+ Was quick enough.
Roughest part rerolling realm this late was credits. But i was lucky and had a guild that help kite me out.
Tue 26 Nov 2019 10:59 PM by Patron
When you´re the only one who see a elephant in a room, probably something´s wrong with you...
Wed 27 Nov 2019 12:10 AM by Goforit
Thats like the guy driving on the highway wondering why all the people drive into the wrong direction.
Wed 27 Nov 2019 10:13 PM by falcon
Lillebror wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019 8:51 PM
Post the guide, it will give a picture of whats needed and effort put into dinging 50 now.

Posted ^^ (alb folder)
Fri 29 Nov 2019 6:30 AM by Aminita
Its Monday.. MIds outman hibs 90 to 30.. NO pvp event..
Imagine that ..
So much for that theory...

Other Hib nerfs ?? Nerf to chanter pet shield..
Nerf to Verd. shroom taunt..
Fri 29 Nov 2019 12:07 PM by Halcyon702
New Frontiers lawl.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 12:34 AM by stewbeedoo
In the afternoon EST there is about 700 total in NF. It can be downright zergy. Lots of fun.

Once the Euros log out, no question it is slow. NA time evenings I spend leveling alts and other hobbies (you know roller disco, hitler youth group, etc).

I'd love to see a boost in NA pop but what can you do.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 4:11 AM by Forlornhope
stewbeedoo wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 12:34 AM
I'd love to see a boost in NA pop but what can you do.

Yeah play on hib and recently my guild's been messing around in Alb. But with the mids outnumbering both hibs+albs combined running an 80 man zerg farming five people at a time when they try to take towers or do anything, that's not likely to happen. I am totally shocked that the four hour timer didn't make people balance the realm pops out by logging to the less populated one <end sarcasm>.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:56 AM by Luluko
I left 1-2 months before the nf change only playing skald was boring and skald was pretty weak vs most things with 9sec slam. Maybe I will check back in if they add speed of the hunt in some way or do something about that slam duration. But I havent really kept much track of the changes.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 12:20 PM by Razur Ur
Luluko wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:56 AM
I left 1-2 months before the nf change only playing skald was boring and skald was pretty weak vs most things with 9sec slam. Maybe I will check back in if they add speed of the hunt in some way or do something about that slam duration. But I havent really kept much track of the changes.

Really Skald to weak? wtf :-D you knowing RA Purge?
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:17 PM by Luluko
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 12:20 PM
Luluko wrote:

when you hit with hammer on something like a hero you will prolly get slammed 2-3 before he is dead and bms/reavers/mercs/champs murder you way too fast aswell and then they also have slam yeah I dont think always having to rely on purge to win a fight or even been able to escape isnt a good idea. Thats why I would rather like to play something else solo but without speed of the hunt or something similar thats just no fun. And if I have no fun I stop playing its as easy as that.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:32 PM by Razur Ur
Luluko wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:17 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Luluko wrote:

when you hit with hammer on something like a hero you will prolly get slammed 2-3 before he is dead and bms/reavers/mercs/champs murder you way too fast aswell and then they also have slam yeah I dont think always having to rely on purge to win a fight or even been able to escape isnt a good idea. Thats why I would rather like to play something else solo but without speed of the hunt or something similar thats just no fun. And if I have no fun I stop playing its as easy as that.

ey guy, i need all time my RA´s for win a fucking 1vs1 with my champion! often my slam is a shit without static because all enemy´s have rdy purge! and you with skald have the choose to fight or not fight with your nice speed and if you are especially funny with skald, can you kite and kill a fian with your two DD´s btw ;-). Use brain if you want win a 1vs1 but not QQ and say Skald is to weak.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 5:46 PM by Luluko
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:32 PM
Luluko wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:17 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

ey guy, i need all time my RA´s for win a fucking 1vs1 with my champion! often my slam is a shit without static because all enemy´s have rdy purge! and you with skald have the choose to fight or not fight with your nice speed and if you are especially funny with skald, can you kite and kill a fian with your two DD´s btw ;-). Use brain if you want win a 1vs1 but not QQ and say Skald is to weak.

Yes skald can choose his fights but if you are up against any the classes like I mentioned in one of my last 2 posts you cant really choose since hammer is mandatory as a specc so you do minus damage vs an scale or chain you have less wf and only parry for a defense sure you can try kiting but that doesnt work against good players which will just sit near a tower or milegate when it was still OF. They will just run in a close space and force you to come in and you eat a slam. Thats how it works and I am not saying skald is weak against everything skald is great vs archers/casters but I rather want to play a tank with speed of the hunt than having to kite for 3+ mins or having to run away from every tank. So pls stop just trying to say I qq that skald is too weak, skald is in a good place but not really for solo vs tanks. I just merely wanted to post my reasons why I quit so people know and that was mainly because there is no speed of the hunt.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 7:41 PM by gotwqqd
Crying about one of the strongest 1v1 classes out there because it has trouble with a handful of classes...kite more and that list will diminish.

The game is designed so there are some classes are very hard for a class to handle
Fri 6 Dec 2019 8:13 PM by Riac
im confused. why is hammer your only choice as a skald? just because the taunt requires little endo to use seems like a pretty weak answer. you dont need the backsnare that much. axe and sword are both pretty acceptable options, axe being the best imo. however, hammer allows you to blow up stealthers.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 9:27 PM by gotwqqd
Riac wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 8:13 PM
im confused. why is hammer your only choice as a skald? just because the taunt requires little endo to use seems like a pretty weak answer. you dont need the backsnare that much. axe and sword are both pretty acceptable options, axe being the best imo. however, hammer allows you to blow up stealthers.

I completely agree
Hammer is overrated, I think axe is superior line Midgard
Wed 11 Dec 2019 12:19 AM by Andryah
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 7:41 PM
Crying about one of the strongest 1v1 classes out there because it has trouble with a handful of classes...kite more and that list will diminish.

The game is designed so there are some classes are very hard for a class to handle

In my experience, once a smart enemy sees a Skald.. they will hit it with ranged damage or a stun or slow. Even if it is gimp damage.... it breaks speed, then they close and kill.

Skalds only defense out in the open is speed and it's easily defeated by smart oponents.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 12:27 AM by Andryah
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 9:27 PM
Riac wrote:

I completely agree

I generally always went 2H axe with my Skalds. Got to have an endurance buff though... but axe styles are great for a support class like a Skald if they are in a group. Solo though.... best to go with hammer in my experience.. particularly for leveling in PvE.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 11:23 PM by falcon
Patron wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019 10:59 PM
When you´re the only one who see a elephant in a room, probably something´s wrong with you...

No we are 2 now ^^ RVR still fantastic, lot of action everynight (until our lead go to bed too soon !)

So my second pleasure past midnight is to farm (especially XP items <3 for my toons ^^)

But my pleasure gone, now I found how farming is now coded (no random anymore, at 30+ on dunters for example, you will drop 1 XP item every 2mn no more no less... just test, kill 1 mob wait 2mn kill one mob wait 2mn kill one mob... : you will have 3 xp items -> 100% drop , its a fantastic news if u kill one mob every 2mn but very sad and no surprise anymore for the others...)

Now PVE is over only one leg left, hope RVR keep on fun at least 2 hours / day (but no interest anymore 22 others hours...)
Thu 12 Dec 2019 1:46 AM by Riac
Andryah wrote:
Wed 11 Dec 2019 12:27 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 9:27 PM
Riac wrote:

I completely agree

I generally always went 2H axe with my Skalds. Got to have an endurance buff though... but axe styles are great for a support class like a Skald if they are in a group. Solo though.... best to go with hammer in my experience.. particularly for leveling in PvE.

i assumed we were talking about axe from the get go and if youre in rvr without an endo pot, youre gonna have a bad time.
as far as the axe attacks consuming a lot of endo, make sure you dont leave sprint on full time if you are having endo problems in a fight. no reason to sprint while standing next to someone.
i spam doublefrost in fights, it uses a SHITLOAD of endo, and i have no problems but i have to turn sprint off when called for.
Thu 12 Dec 2019 10:32 AM by Luluko
Riac wrote:

It has been a while since I compared the weaponlines axe or sword would be the best choice for weapon proccs aswell (I think there was a str/con debuff once but not sure if thats still the case), but all the stuns are after block and not useable for a skald, positionals were crap and the endu usage was also crap, damage was also not better if you dont hit something with vulnerable armor and since we dont have endu4 pots and cant specc into lw2+ you use up a lot of endurance especially if you have to kite. The negatives outweight the damage typ and proccs by far if you solo. Its way easier to just avoid tanks. But like I said before my issues isnt especially skald since I still went to 7l6 with mine but I generally dont like to play the same class for too long or it gets boring, but soloing without speed of the hunt on a visible is just no fun.
Thu 12 Dec 2019 11:59 AM by Forlornhope
Luluko wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 10:32 AM
Riac wrote:

It has been a while since I compared the weaponlines axe or sword would be the best choice for weapon proccs aswell (I think there was a str/con debuff once but not sure if thats still the case), but all the stuns are after block and not useable for a skald, positionals were crap and the endu usage was also crap, damage was also not better if you dont hit something with vulnerable armor and since we dont have endu4 pots and cant specc into lw2+ you use up a lot of endurance especially if you have to kite. The negatives outweight the damage typ and proccs by far if you solo. Its way easier to just avoid tanks. But like I said before my issues isnt especially skald since I still went to 7l6 with mine but I generally dont like to play the same class for too long or it gets boring, but soloing without speed of the hunt on a visible is just no fun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there not dex/qui and str/con debuff player crafted charges? I seem to remember having one thrown onto a crafted shield, then realized that the range on it sucked so I ended up remaking it. If that's the case, might want to look into it and it may make the debate even more pointless. Making hammer just undoubtedly superior, throw 'em onto a piece like gloves or boots. Could be pretty nice on a skald.
Thu 12 Dec 2019 5:35 PM by Luluko
Forlornhope wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 11:59 AM
Luluko wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 10:32 AM
Riac wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there not dex/qui and str/con debuff player crafted charges? I seem to remember having one thrown onto a crafted shield, then realized that the range on it sucked so I ended up remaking it. If that's the case, might want to look into it and it may make the debate even more pointless. Making hammer just undoubtedly superior, throw 'em onto a piece like gloves or boots. Could be pretty nice on a skald.

I also had one on a shield but it wasnt really worth a use charge compared to a heal or buff charge.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 5:55 PM by Riac
buff charge? they pretty much got rid of those months ago. what buff charges are worth using in the game anymore?
still not seeing the problem with axe or sword. it takes a lot of endo while kiting??? you probably need to start toggling your sprint, id bet anything youre leaving it on while standing next to someone. if theyre sprinting away and youre forced to spam styles, thats also fine since you arent taking dmg and youre a skald, you wont be outrun.
this just seems like a whine fest while not knowing whats even going on. your first post states that you must go hammer and have no other choice, and now you havent compared the lines in quite some time? there is absolutely no problem with skald in terms of power lvl, tbh i cant believe you even made this post.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 6:53 PM by Wasted_Content
relvinian wrote:
Wed 4 Sep 2019 11:20 PM
Or rather, not in the room.

Where the hell did all the people go?

Y’all got sidetracked a little bit.

Also school is out and WoW hype has died down.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 4:22 PM by Luluko
Riac wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 5:55 PM
buff charge? they pretty much got rid of those months ago. what buff charges are worth using in the game anymore?
still not seeing the problem with axe or sword. it takes a lot of endo while kiting??? you probably need to start toggling your sprint, id bet anything youre leaving it on while standing next to someone. if theyre sprinting away and youre forced to spam styles, thats also fine since you arent taking dmg and youre a skald, you wont be outrun.
this just seems like a whine fest while not knowing whats even going on. your first post states that you must go hammer and have no other choice, and now you havent compared the lines in quite some time? there is absolutely no problem with skald in terms of power lvl, tbh i cant believe you even made this post.

yeah maybe I am just too dumb to play solo skald vs tanks, doesnt change the fact tho that I rather dont spend my time on a class which needs to do a lot of extra effort just to be able to kill tanks. So I will wait for something like bp speed so that I can play reaver/champ or I just play another game I dont mind. I have played enough daoc in my time I dont have to play it forever.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 5:04 PM by inoeth
Luluko wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 4:22 PM
Riac wrote:

yeah maybe I am just too dumb to play solo skald vs tanks, doesnt change the fact tho that I rather dont spend my time on a class which needs to do a lot of extra effort just to be able to kill tanks. So I will wait for something like bp speed so that I can play reaver/champ or I just play another game I dont mind. I have played enough daoc in my time I dont have to play it forever.

can i have your stuff?
Sun 15 Dec 2019 5:30 PM by gotwqqd
Luluko wrote:
Riac wrote:

If I can’t have advantage over everyone else I’m taking my ball and going home.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 10:45 PM by Luluko
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 5:30 PM
Luluko wrote:
Riac wrote:

well if you solo on a visible you need any advantage there is
Sun 15 Dec 2019 10:55 PM by Riac
Luluko wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 10:45 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Luluko wrote:

are you really just crying because you cant kill tanks without trying hard?? wtf is even going on lol.
im a 9l6 shadowblade and a lot of the time ill think twice before i pop on a tank, they are strong (as they should be). blade mercs and bms with shields, dont even bother. champs with shields, dont even bother. fuck reavers, they are gimp lol.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 2:42 PM by Luluko
Riac wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 10:55 PM
Luluko wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

are you really just crying because you cant kill tanks without trying hard?? wtf is even going on lol.
im a 9l6 shadowblade and a lot of the time ill think twice before i pop on a tank, they are strong (as they should be). blade mercs and bms with shields, dont even bother. champs with shields, dont even bother. fuck reavers, they are gimp lol.
I am "crying" because I dont have the option to run on another visible class because there is no speed of the hunt or horses. I doesnt matter if I can beat a class or not its just that I dont want to be forced to be stationary as a none speed class when I want to solo. Is it so hard to comprehend that or is my english really that bad...
Mon 16 Dec 2019 9:01 PM by Riac
Luluko wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 2:42 PM
Riac wrote:
Luluko wrote:

I am "crying" because I dont have the option to run on another visible class because there is no speed of the hunt or horses. I doesnt matter if I can beat a class or not its just that I dont want to be forced to be stationary as a none speed class when I want to solo. Is it so hard to comprehend that or is my english really that bad...

Please watch your language. Greetings, Uthred. until they provide some sort of incentive for ppl to move out from the keeps, i dont anything will improve much.
Tue 17 Dec 2019 9:29 AM by gotwqqd
Riac wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 9:01 PM
Luluko wrote:
Riac wrote:

Please watch your language. Greetings, Uthred. until they provide some sort of incentive for ppl to move out from the keeps, i dont anything will improve much.
Good idea
Sat 28 Dec 2019 11:00 AM by teiloh
Most people I know who quit quit because of NF.
Sat 28 Dec 2019 1:13 PM by Patron
NF is great, a Assassin nor a Skald should not be able to kill a tank in a fair fight 1v1.

OF sucks hard, NF is so much more better.
Its faster to play and the damn albs n mids need now more to do as port to emain and creeping around the gates.
Nf is dynamic and faster then OF.

teiloh wrote: Most people I know who quit quit because of NF.
You seem not to be happy here, maybe its time to follow your 30 peeps which plays on Uthgard now.

There is no fucking elephant in the room.
This server is the best freeshard ever.
We are still around 1.4k at prime and never dropping below 300 players.
And all that, just because we have this awesome staff which want to go new ways and give us, the players, the best daoc experience since ever.
We all know what happen when just copy a stupid patchpoint and not try some new shit.

Dear staff, plz close this stupid thread. There ia no good income from QQ-Threads like this.

THANKS for PHOENIX!!!
Sat 28 Dec 2019 8:56 PM by Cadebrennus
Luluko wrote:
Riac wrote:
Luluko wrote:

Just run from Hastener to Hastener...
Thu 9 Jan 2020 7:51 PM by Frug
Patron wrote:
Sat 28 Dec 2019 1:13 PM
And all that, just because we have this awesome staff which want to go new ways and give us, the players, the best daoc experience since ever.
We all know what happen when just copy a stupid patchpoint and not try some new shit.

Dear staff, plz close this stupid thread. There ia no good income from QQ-Threads like this.

THANKS for PHOENIX!!!

The server hasn't seen 1400 since September, and then only 1 day in that entire month. You do drop below 300 (although barely).

It is the most populated DAOC Freeshard as far as I know, however, and I do think the staff are doing a great job. But don' t overplay the numbers.
Thu 9 Jan 2020 8:24 PM by tyrantanic
Frug wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 7:51 PM
Patron wrote:

THANKS for PHOENIX!!!

The server hasn't seen 1400 since September, and then only 1 day in that entire month. You do drop below 300 (although barely).

It is the most populated DAOC Freeshard as far as I know, however, and I do think the staff are doing a great job. But don' t overplay the numbers.

Phoenix is doing as well, maybe slightly better, than Uthgard 2.0 with respect to their release dates in terms of population. I suspect Phoenix will retain a consistent ~1k population max through the summer considering there is no better alternative available for DAoC. Uth is dead and Live F2P flopped hard as it hasn't even recovered its pre-Phoenix population. I'm fairly new to this server and honestly regret not jumping on the bandwagon back in January / February 2019. I think Phoenix is the best DAoC server around at the moment. Time will tell but I will be spending mine on Phoenix.
Sat 4 Apr 2020 4:10 PM by Frug
tyrantanic wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 8:24 PM
Frug wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 7:51 PM
Patron wrote:

THANKS for PHOENIX!!!

Phoenix is doing as well, maybe slightly better, than Uthgard 2.0 with respect to their release dates in terms of population. I suspect Phoenix will retain a consistent ~1k population max through the summer considering there is no better alternative available for DAoC. Uth is dead and Live F2P flopped hard as it hasn't even recovered its pre-Phoenix population. I'm fairly new to this server and honestly regret not jumping on the bandwagon back in January / February 2019. I think Phoenix is the best DAoC server around at the moment. Time will tell but I will be spending mine on Phoenix.

You are correct, and all MMORPG's that I'm tracking are increasing in volume right now; DAOC and Everquest both. Even Uthgard. It will be interesting to see what happens when the pandemic is over, but Phoenix is still the most popular DAOC freeshard that I'm aware of.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics