More mids in NF than albs and hibs combined

Started 10 Nov 2019
by omicidi
in RvR
Shit's getting old. Some of y'all need to cowboy/girl up and move to alb.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 5:11 AM by shintacki
No they dont. I like my 60% rp bonus
Sun 10 Nov 2019 11:14 AM by Goforit
So this is US time...
Sun 10 Nov 2019 11:32 PM by chryso
Play earlier and it is reversed.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:02 AM by Highfather17
Not surprising.

Mid is the easiest realm to play by far so it attracts the most players.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:04 AM by t4coops
the devs are unintelliqent and im pretty sure like 99 percent they are just here to code and don't even play

just qet over it like everyone else, its tuff at first but it'll be ok^^
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:55 AM by gotwqqd
t4coops wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:04 AM
the devs are unintelliqent and im pretty sure like 99 percent they are just here to code and don't even play

just qet over it like everyone else, its tuff at first but it'll be ok^^

Stop being daft
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:13 AM by easytoremember
t4coops wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:04 AM
A perfect server looks tarnished when half its players are retarded
Mon 11 Nov 2019 9:40 AM by Nunki
omicidi wrote:
Sun 10 Nov 2019 3:08 AM

This is a Tri-Realm game for a reason. There are underpop boni for a reason.

You might talk of US-Prime,
during EU-Prime it is quite balanced out with Albion beeing overopped by 10-30% on a regular basis.

Therefore, you should have said "Some of the US-Prime-Players need to cowboy/girl up and move to HIB!".

Highfather17 wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:02 AM
Mid is the easiest realm to play by far so it attracts the most players.
Probably easiest realm for noobs and casuals. Yes.
Easiest realm for decent players (all those who are able to kite in a caster group) is Hib and Alb.

Quite unsure about zerg fights, Ae-stun would be nice for Midgard but people rarely play Pac.
Earth-Wiz are quite strong, AE-dot / perma gt-ae everywhere and a LOT of casters for Alb in general.
Comparable amount of TWF5 reavers and bds. Necro's are quite a pain during keep fights.
Probably not worth the discussion.

Those XYZ is overpopped / OP discussions are 20 years old.
Live with it. You want a game with 3 asymmetric realms? This is the negative side of it.

If you have smart zerg leaders, they will team up against the overpopped realm.
Until than, I enjoy the underpop-boni (playing mid at EU prime).
Tue 12 Nov 2019 4:24 AM by t4coops
https://youtu.be/XXULr2qVAWg

dunno what all the mids be doin tho cuz we be out here struqqlin !
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:37 PM by Siouxsie
omicidi wrote:
Sun 10 Nov 2019 3:08 AM

Timing is everything. Right now (18:30 GMT, 13:30 EST, 10:30 PST): 271 albs, 275 hibs, 246 mids.
Wed 27 Nov 2019 6:25 PM by Solstice
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:37 PM
Timing is everything. Right now (18:30 GMT, 13:30 EST, 10:30 PST): 271 albs, 275 hibs, 246 mids.

Two weeks later after about 14 days of mostly blue / green fz:

Albion: 229 Midgard: 373 Hibernia: 267

Don´t think people realize that join the winning team also means there´s gonna be less teams... and at some point no more competition.

I am worried.
Wed 27 Nov 2019 7:58 PM by Horus
Solstice wrote:
Wed 27 Nov 2019 6:25 PM
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:37 PM

I am worried.

When you implement changes that encourage realm hopping and more positively affect one realm over the others, it is just a matter of time before things go out of balance and people either switch realms or leave. Both are happening right now.
Wed 27 Nov 2019 8:42 PM by Goforit
Population changes every day as far as i see, so dont cry.
Wed 27 Nov 2019 8:56 PM by canzian
lv 50 in frontier:
61 alb
167 mid

.. realy balanced
Wed 27 Nov 2019 9:08 PM by Mavella
canzian wrote:
Wed 27 Nov 2019 8:56 PM
lv 50 in frontier:
61 alb
167 mid

.. realy balanced

Sidi raid going on? Double feather drops this week?
Wed 27 Nov 2019 9:09 PM by BisbyHoughton
The best way to combat this is to be proactive in building community to retain and attract people to your realm. That's not the only piece of the puzzle, but it is the biggest IMO!
Wed 27 Nov 2019 9:35 PM by Runental
Nice... Mid invaded full time past 3 months from Harder and Pilz and now you'll get ripped cuz we have the better attitude and you start QQ
Wed 27 Nov 2019 10:59 PM by falcon
I have 1 rule in this game : no relic no free RP given to people who took them when I sleep (and I sleep very late 3:00 am :p )

Thx to mid to help us to do something else than RVR everynight (watching TV, take care of wife...) I know now another life exist outside DAOC :p
hope they will not bored too fast to have nothing to hit than wood with nobody behind :p

(if DEV want to kill this game, do more often sidi x2, when all players will have 500P and finally ready for RVR, hope RVR still exist :p )
Thu 28 Nov 2019 8:29 AM by Sepplord
falcon wrote:
Wed 27 Nov 2019 10:59 PM
I have 1 rule in this game : no relic no free RP given to people who took them when I sleep (and I sleep very late 3:00 am :p )

Thx to mid to help us to do something else than RVR everynight (watching TV, take care of wife...) I know now another life exist outside DAOC :p
hope they will not bored too fast to have nothing to hit than wood with nobody behind :p

(if DEV want to kill this game, do more often sidi x2, when all players will have 500P and finally ready for RVR, hope RVR still exist :p )

You are the person who says RvR is so wonderful at lowlevels that leveling ends at 35...
When i saw you talking about not giving free RPs i had to do a double take.
Thu 28 Nov 2019 8:58 AM by Forlornhope
falcon wrote:

They did the 2x feathers so player who have moved realms or just started the server (which I have actually played with about ten new players to the server in the past two weeks) in order for them to get credit. This will let new players compete in rvr by getting the items they need.. Them spamming in discord asking if there's a galla/tg/sidi raid for over a month straight definitely doesn't add more people to rvr.
Thu 28 Nov 2019 11:41 AM by falcon
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 28 Nov 2019 8:29 AM
falcon wrote:

You are the person who says RvR is so wonderful at lowlevels that leveling ends at 35...

Yes I am, and I still thinking RVR is the best thing in this game even low level (especially for XP ^^) but if no challenge and no greats battles we are better in Thidranki
Thu 28 Nov 2019 1:15 PM by Sepplord
falcon wrote:
Thu 28 Nov 2019 11:41 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 28 Nov 2019 8:29 AM
falcon wrote:

Yes I am, and I still thinking RVR is the best thing in this game even low level (especially for XP ^^) but if no challenge and no greats battles we are better in Thidranki

there's no such thing as "great battles" between lvl50s and lvl35s.
And it's contradicitng to claim that, while at the same time giving so much weight to having relics. Relics are only a small %-boost. While a lvl35 gets twoshot, if not oneshot by lvl50 DPS.

Having fun at lvl35 in the PvWall-zerg, that is an opinion. I can only argue that it isn't for me (and most others probably) but if you are having fun, you are having fun.
But complaining about a relic being taken when you sleep, and logging out to not give "free RPs" while advocating very loudly that joining RvR at lvl35 is a great thing is for "challenge and great battles" is contradicting yourself.
Thu 28 Nov 2019 2:49 PM by falcon
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 28 Nov 2019 1:15 PM
there's no such thing as "great battles" between lvl50s and lvl35s.

We don't stay a long time 35 in RVR (few hours ?)
I talk about my 40+ char who kill reguliary 10% of ennemy BG (I'm Tweens :p)
Did u imagine 1s I could kill mids 1 by 1 with a weapon (not sure to have one :p) I farm them as usually ^^

I don't care relic bonus, but now nothing to defend until 3:00am I can do something else more fun like reroll when wife busy ^^...
Thu 28 Nov 2019 3:48 PM by Sepplord
"few hours"
*cough cough* last time you talked about it, it was a week of daily active playing ^^

And calling your RR8 TWF-bot a 40+ char is a new level of manipulation, even for you

but it does bring a few missing pieces into the picture. between your "one-time-at-bandcamp" wiping 10% of the enemy BG, how you think that TWF-defending against a charging force is a challenging fight and that there is nothing to do besides defending or logging out, and how you are acting out in other threads, you must just be full of shit.

See, we are both calling each other names now, the difference is...i am basing it on actual things you said, while you are making things up like how i can't level my INF to 50 and that i probably started the game a month ago ^^
Thu 28 Nov 2019 4:17 PM by Highfather17
I feel no shame about constantly ganking Mids in DF.

They all deserve to die for playing the easiest realm.

Except Thanes. I really like the AE hammer animation.
Thu 28 Nov 2019 4:41 PM by Sepplord
Highfather17 wrote:
Thu 28 Nov 2019 4:17 PM
I feel no shame about constantly ganking Mids in DF.

They all deserve to die for playing the easiest realm.

Except Thanes. I really like the AE hammer animation.

i dunno why, but that statement is hilarious
Fri 29 Nov 2019 4:02 AM by Solstice
Are we done with the flaming, bitching and insulting part?

I would like to get back to a constructive discussion about what needs to happen, because I´ve already seen one freeshard go down to exactly what we´re all watching (from different perspectives) right now.
Sat 30 Nov 2019 5:27 PM by mattymc
Solstice wrote:
Fri 29 Nov 2019 4:02 AM

I would like to get back to a constructive discussion about what needs to happen, because I´ve already seen one freeshard go down to exactly what we´re all watching (from different perspectives) right now.

The truth is every realm at different times is massively outnumbered -- so what is actually fair across the board?
Sun 1 Dec 2019 7:48 AM by Wolfir666
mattymc wrote:
Sat 30 Nov 2019 5:27 PM
Solstice wrote:
Fri 29 Nov 2019 4:02 AM

The truth is every realm at different times is massively outnumbered -- so what is actually fair across the board?

Correct. Of course that also is due to the Realm-Timer and to some people logging into two realms each day, to either play by themselves, or play with their m8s/guilds of the other realm, or to simply raid stuff, and re-raid it again on the other side. (not saying anything against that happening, but of course it makes sense to do that with a realm-switch-timer of 4 hours.)
Sun 1 Dec 2019 9:58 AM by Svekt
Runental wrote:
Wed 27 Nov 2019 9:35 PM
Nice... Mid invaded full time past 3 months from Harder and Pilz and now you'll get ripped cuz we have the better attitude and you start QQ

Stop Trolling, OP is about NA time and the two leaders you just mentioned are EURO time.

Couple Solutions:
1) Possibly Implement a negative bonus once your population exceeds 20% over the other realms. IE Albs have 60, Hibs have 60, Mids have 100... Once mids were over 72 in population, they would start to see a less rps coming in due to a negative bonus, while albs and hibs would still receive their positive bonus to rps from being underpopulated. Make this a universal thing, as in the same mechanic applies to when alb or hib population begins to spike then they would then be on a negative bonus.

2)Give celerity to all three realms instead of just Mid. This would make the tank build more enticing on the other two realms, probably more so than a hitpoint buff across all three realms (congrats you mad mids even harder to kill =P)... You keep claiming there is a caster meta, but in reality what meta would you expect hibs or albs to play without access to the same spike damage from celerity that midgard has? If you were to match up an equally skilled hib or alb tank group vs an equally skilled and built mid tank group, the mids in theory would win more consistently due to faster swing speed allowing them to equip slower weapons etc etc to do more damage in a shorter time frame.... not to mention savages that can QUAD HIT, and CRIT HIT on each of those QUADS, while walking out of your root,mezz,stun due to stoicism and det, but hey I'm a caster I am biased =P

3)Require the GROUND TARGET of the NegM / ST / GTAOE etc to do an LOS CHECK on its target like you did on TWF plain and simple as suggested here: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11538&p=91686#p91686
It may seem odd that I mention this, but when you couple this effect with being severely outnumbered the number of GTAOE and realm abilities being used against you rises, this fix would make it easier for realms that are underpopulated to perform better against larger numbers when being out numbered. I've been in a couple of keep and tower fights where there is literally no where to stand without being interrupted and damaged down. Its also straight bull crap that pets can still go through doors and consistently interrupt their target (and I'm a caster ;p ) but I know about the issue with door los checks etc etc so i wont go there, at least not today...

4)Promote and support consistent BG leaders in both the under populated realms... let me be specific here: I'm not asking DEVS or GMs to do this, their plate is already full. Rather you, the player base, make this happen. I have seen so many new BG leaders make a mistake and then get openly ridiculed and mocked. Having a zerg starts with having a leader, and then you the community have to support that leader and yes, even if they make a bad call. I have occasionally started and have ran RvR BGs but I do not do it often as it's not my cup of tea but I usually find that when I do, its no surprise that I have less followers than pilz harder grumpy etc etc as my name is not as popular. If there is a BG and your realm is under attack its probably in your realms best interest to go and defend it and support the leader that day.

5) Build alliances and stop being jerks to each other, and I am speaking as an individual that is consistently playing the under populated realm. You guys are just nasty, which makes no sense with the limited population. Like why push people away when you should be wanting to coach them politely if you know you have to play along side them. Stop criticizing people who are trying to learn and support them and they would be more likely to come play with you. Build upon that and create alliances and COMMUNICATE in them. I simply do not see enough Call To Arms in either albion or hibernia.

Look, we could speculate all day about what the fix would be but bottom line is something needs to happen soon with the way the current NA population for alb and hib stands.

Personally, I have nothing against midgard's leadership. They do a good job and its no surprise they draw in the crowd that they have. I'm ok losing to a better run BG and or leader than my own, but its no fun being out numbered 2-1 CONSISTENTLY(key word) night after night. At some point you guys are going to get bored of having nothing to kill but guards and lords.
Sun 1 Dec 2019 2:46 PM by shintacki
Negative RPs is an awful idea. What if someone has limited play time and only has characters on one realm? They are punished just because they happened to choose the one overpopulated realm maybe back when it wasn't so overpopulated, and now they don't have time or desire to reroll somewhere else?

Also, if the bonus to RPs now doesn't incentivise players to try to play underpopulated realms the penalty won't stop them from playing overpopulated ones. I only ever play during NA time and typically on alb which is way underpopulated then and that suits me just fine. I love that I get 50% or higher RP bonuses regularly and I would never want to play mid simply because it's already so over populated. But a lot of people don't necessarily think like I do.
Sun 1 Dec 2019 5:29 PM by Svekt
you misread, i said negative bonus not negative rps. You would not lose rps from your already existing total, you would just receive 80% or so per kill instead of the flat 100. I mean that is basically where they are at now, 100 people sharing rps from the same 10 defenders of a keep. But if you don't like it you don't like it. That's whats great about sharing ideas, is more people can provide feedback.
Sun 1 Dec 2019 6:51 PM by shintacki
Yeah that's what I meant by negative RPs. A negative bonus that awarded less per kill than the base amount, so exactly what you were saying. I just worded it pretty poorly.

Still think it's a bad idea for all the same reasons
Sun 1 Dec 2019 11:19 PM by Svekt
Why? It makes sense that the more players killings a mob means do is spread, likewise if your Zerg a boss or mob here you get even less xp. Measure it as a difficulty factor, why reward someone full rps for little to zero effort. You just want your cake and eat it too.
Mon 2 Dec 2019 1:45 AM by shintacki
Svekt wrote:
Sun 1 Dec 2019 11:19 PM
Why? It makes sense that the more players killings a mob means do is spread, likewise if your Zerg a boss or mob here you get even less xp. Measure it as a difficulty factor, why reward someone full rps for little to zero effort. You just want your cake and eat it too.

Because of everything I said a few posts up. People who rolled mid and dont have time or desire to reroll on another underpopulated realm shouldnt be punished by earning reduced RPs. As I said, I play Alb, Alb is never an overpopulated realm when I am online so I dont know what your last sentence is in reference to.

And to your other point, just because the realm as a whole is overpopulated doesnt mean that realm has greater numbers in every single fight. People would probably be pretty upset if they started getting less RPs, and who could blame them. Id rather buff the underpop bonuses before nerfing the overpop realm.
Mon 2 Dec 2019 3:31 AM by Svekt
Then there would be no deterrent from people hoping realms to join the over populated side. I already stated how I could see people don't want to change realms after settling in on a class... but there are people that would switch and would do everything to avoid the reduction, and thus balance happens. You don't have to be the one that changes realms, just know that there are others who would.
Mon 2 Dec 2019 8:11 AM by Sepplord
Svekt wrote:
Mon 2 Dec 2019 3:31 AM
Then there would be no deterrent from people hoping realms to join the over populated side. I already stated how I could see people don't want to change realms after settling in on a class... but there are people that would switch and would do everything to avoid the reduction, and thus balance happens. You don't have to be the one that changes realms, just know that there are others who would.

when going from an underpopulated realm to the overpopulated one, you already lose the bonus-RPs from underpop. Which is basically a reduction that can be avoided. If people do everything to avoid recuction then those boni would be sufficient
Mon 2 Dec 2019 6:00 PM by Highfather17
Remove AE stun from healers.

Problem solved.
Wed 4 Dec 2019 9:16 PM by jamino
Highfather17 wrote:
Mon 2 Dec 2019 6:00 PM

Problem solved.

Yes and stun from hib casters and anytime snare for armsmen... I have been playing DAOC for 17 years, playing in all 3 realms in normal classic and shared servers, and since the first time i went RvR i heard the same stories: other realms are easier and have some special skills that give them victory.
Thar’s just bullshit .
Play the game, that’s quite balanced , enjoy you time and be happy.
Thu 5 Dec 2019 5:19 PM by chryso
jamino wrote:
Wed 4 Dec 2019 9:16 PM
Highfather17 wrote:

Problem solved.

Yes and stun from hib casters and anytime snare for armsmen... I have been playing DAOC for 17 years, playing in all 3 realms in normal classic and shared servers, and since the first time i went RvR i heard the same stories: other realms are easier and have some special skills that give them victory.
Thar’s just bullshit .

Agree. If someone thinks healers are OP they are welcome to play one and be OP themselves.
Mon 9 Dec 2019 8:29 PM by Glenfiddich83
Well, i played since beta.
And i had played Pach, Bard and Sorc as well (even on uthgard and Phoenix) and please guys ffs.. everyone who cannot admit that strongest CC in game comes from a well played Pach hasnt a clue of playing DAoC.

Plus ... Mids ARE clearly overpow.... populated BUT ofc without any reason and clearly not because its such an strong realm compared to the other two.
Everyone who cannot admid the fact that midgard has overwhelming Masses at any daytime should repeat 4th grade, because obviously he/she isnt able to count any further than 20....

Without sarcasm .. imo you guys are screwing up the server if you dont even try to start balancing things... Remove climbing from Offtanks and give it tho the fulltanks like it was on Live (not without purpose, if you start rethinking) or edit Warden and Paladin and give them cele too (you want to buff tankgrps with HP-Buff? Make sure Tanksetups are worth playing in Hib/Alb as well).

I really appreciate the effort and the work that is needed to run this Server.. but please .... you need to start balancing or Phoenix will either become a ghostserver or everyone is playind in Midgard (reminds me of Uthgard in some way, but sure its just an unlucky coincedence and has nothing to do with phoenix)...
Sat 14 Dec 2019 11:35 PM by mattymc
Glenfiddich83 wrote:
Mon 9 Dec 2019 8:29 PM
Well, i played since beta.
And i had played Pach, Bard and Sorc as well (even on uthgard and Phoenix) and please guys ffs.. everyone who cannot admit that strongest CC in game comes from a well played Pach hasnt a clue of playing DAoC.

Plus ... Mids ARE clearly overpow.... populated BUT ofc without any reason and clearly not because its such an strong realm compared to the other two.
Everyone who cannot admid the fact that midgard has overwhelming Masses at any daytime should repeat 4th grade, because obviously he/she isnt able to count any further than 20....

Without sarcasm .. imo you guys are screwing up the server if you dont even try to start balancing things... Remove climbing from Offtanks and give it tho the fulltanks like it was on Live (not without purpose, if you start rethinking) or edit Warden and Paladin and give them cele too (you want to buff tankgrps with HP-Buff? Make sure Tanksetups are worth playing in Hib/Alb as well).

I really appreciate the effort and the work that is needed to run this Server.. but please .... you need to start balancing or Phoenix will either become a ghostserver or everyone is playind in Midgard (reminds me of Uthgard in some way, but sure its just an unlucky coincedence and has nothing to do with phoenix)...

I am not sure it is possible to be more biased than this nonsensical post......facts clearly NOT in evidence
Sun 15 Dec 2019 2:36 AM by daytonchambers
mattymc wrote:

At what point of the day is Midgard "massively outnumbered"? Because from what I've seen by periodically checking /serverinfo 50 throughout the day Mids dominate until a point, then primetime hits and all 3 realms are roughly equal, then prime drops off and we go right back to Midgard dominating in numbers again.

Unless you're counting Alb and Hib numbers together versus the Mid population. Which would be stupid on your part, since anyone with half a brain understands that when pop imbalance is discussed it's about one realm in relation to the other two. By default and with each kingdom fielding the same number of people each realm on it's own is outnumbered 2-1 by design. But when one realm has the numbers to take out both opposing kingdoms at the same time is when we have issues. And we are at that point.

You can't just point to one hour of the day and say "See! we aren't overpopulated!" because if you average it out over a 24hr cycle Mids win the numbers game ten times out of ten.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 3:56 AM by Ceseuron
Every single post in this topic whining about how supposedly overpowered/overpopulated Midgard is can be summed up simply:

"People aren't playing the game how I want them to play, therefore there is something wrong with the server and I'm the only person with the right ideas to fix it."

I wonder where all the Alb/Hib whiners were when Midgard was getting it from both Albs and Hibs at the same time a few months ago and we were going weeks at a time without any of our relics in our temples. During some of tha time, we'd even see Albion and Hibernia working together.

At about 7:20PM, PST, the realm /u looked like this: https://imagebin.ca/v/55MCZ9xjbm1z

According to that link, 166 Albs, 185 Mids, and 141 Hibs are online. It's not a problem with Midgard's population or some delusional idea of Midgard being overpowered if only about 40 Albs and Hibs decide to RVR while the rest of Alb and Hib's population is off on their alts or AFKing in the frontier towns. During US primetime, Albion and Hibernia have more than enough 50's online to field an RVR team that can fight us Mids. It seems to me that you guys just choose not to and instead post up on the forums about how Midgard zerg leaders are ruining the server or how badly imbalanced the game is because you're not being spoon fed easy RPs.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 3:43 PM by mattymc
daytonchambers wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 2:36 AM
mattymc wrote:

At what point of the day is Midgard "massively outnumbered"? Because from what I've seen by periodically checking /serverinfo 50 throughout the day Mids dominate until a point, then primetime hits and all 3 realms are roughly equal, then prime drops off and we go right back to Midgard dominating in numbers again.

Unless you're counting Alb and Hib numbers together versus the Mid population. Which would be stupid on your part, since anyone with half a brain understands that when pop imbalance is discussed it's about one realm in relation to the other two. By default and with each kingdom fielding the same number of people each realm on it's own is outnumbered 2-1 by design. But when one realm has the numbers to take out both opposing kingdoms at the same time is when we have issues. And we are at that point.

You can't just point to one hour of the day and say "See! we aren't overpopulated!" because if you average it out over a 24hr cycle Mids win the numbers game ten times out of ten.

you MUST be correct since MID NEVER loses a Keep Nor a Relic --- no wait, that isn't right .... You can't just point to when YOU play and say, see, THEY are overpopulated.
Your entire argument is based on your random checking which 'we' are supposed to take your word for .... basically, because you say so? -- sorry, you don't like it when others do the same back, so why is your view correct?
Sun 15 Dec 2019 6:17 PM by Grumpy74
Albion: 248 Midgard: 221 Hibernia: 190

QQ
Sun 15 Dec 2019 6:34 PM by Svekt
Grumpy74 wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 6:17 PM

QQ

Don't think you were looking at the right command. /u command shows how many are actually in the Frontiers. I have never seen 248 albs in frontier at once in last 6 months.... Looks like you checked the entire population there.... had you done /U you would see most of them are pve.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 7:02 PM by daytonchambers
mattymc wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 3:43 PM
you MUST be correct

Thank you for agreeing with me.

1000gold says you're a SM, Skald, or a Bonedancer, LoL
Sun 15 Dec 2019 7:55 PM by Ceseuron
Svekt wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 6:34 PM
Grumpy74 wrote:

QQ

Don't think you were looking at the right command. /u command shows how many are actually in the Frontiers. I have never seen 248 albs in frontier at once in last 6 months.... Looks like you checked the entire population there.... had you done /U you would see most of them are pve.

It is not an overpopulation problem with Midgard because the majority playerbase of Albion or Hibernia prioritizes PVE over RVR. DAOC endgame has always been RVR, not PVE. The RVR mechanics are working as intended and don't need to be nerfed, nor does Midgard population need to be nerfed because Albion and Hibernia choose to hide behind their frontier keeps to PVE during NA primetime to play with NPCs. They have the numbers to defend their realms, they just choose not to and then complain about Midgard zergs when the obvious end result of their PVE-over-RVR prioritization happens. The solution to the problem is simple: Prioritize RVR over PVE and defend the realm.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 8:37 PM by Ceseuron
As of about 12:30PM my time, this is what the realm populations look like: https://pasteboard.co/ILpH8OT.jpg

I wonder if I should start a separate thread complaining about Albion and Hibernia being overpopulated?
Sun 15 Dec 2019 9:17 PM by MacPrior
22:15 15 December 2019:

Albion: 382 Midgard: 369 Hibernia: 381
Sun 15 Dec 2019 10:54 PM by falcon
Ceseuron wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 7:55 PM
They have the numbers to defend their realms, they just choose not to and then complain about Midgard zergs when the obvious end result of their PVE-over-RVR prioritization happens. The solution to the problem is simple: Prioritize RVR over PVE and defend the realm.

Sad but +1 maybe because alb & hib have 3 incredible farming tools (ani,cabal,necro...) Its a pleasure to kill mobs, even for me who usually hate it, I forgot how necro was pure pleasure watching TV :p

Last anti farm nerf maybe will be a new deal, PVE lost a lot of interest now XP items have a timer drop
(Don't know yet if PVE fans will go in RVR or stop wasting their time)

Last sidi I remember 271 alb inside, and 60 in RVR...
Maybe need to tell them we earn more feathers doing RVR few hours/evening than doing Sidi once a week.
And maybe time to x2 x4 feathers in RVR too, tired of PVE bonus, enough people hitting mobs all the day...
Mon 16 Dec 2019 4:15 PM by mattymc
daytonchambers wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 7:02 PM
mattymc wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 3:43 PM
you MUST be correct

Thank you for agreeing with me.

1000gold says you're a SM, Skald, or a Bonedancer, LoL

As with most things -- you would be WRONG
Mon 16 Dec 2019 4:30 PM by Highfather17
lol mids

Silent when pveing keeps every day but the one day it goes against them PANIC

ZOMG WE DONT HAVE DF

LETS RUN TO THE FORUMS AND WHINE

Little bitches.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 4:47 PM by omicidi
Just so you guys are tracking:

Last night we beat Grumpy’s 4fg with a little more than two. Did that to another mid blob too.

After we made Grumpy release, he mustered a Crap ton of people: 101 to be exact as per the lord. Is was almost 3 groups (21 hibs) versus 12+ groups.

You mids are doing a great job. Keep (pun?) it up until this is gaheris/Uthgard/live.

Just some science for you:

If you continuously bring a 5 to 1 ratio, that ratio will then go 6:1, 7:1, until there’s nothing left. If that’s your goal fine. Humans need to with a little more than 30% of the time to stay interested. Granted, Grumpy, you and anyone that zergs with you will not have a 30% w/l ratio with 8, or even 2:1 ratio your win ratio is low, 3:1 is slightly higher but more of a fair fight.

For anyone that’s a member of the Grumpy Zerg and has an ounce of sense and enjoy rvr: it may be prudent to go to Alb or Hib.

Anyone that leads/organizes: Alb needs some unification

Be part of the solution. If you think that 101 versus 21 (guard numbers from lord death, and me physically counting everyone on hib side to include a couple stealthers) is ok, or thinks it’s healthy because of xyz, it’s pretty silly.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 6:40 PM by Svekt
Ceseuron wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 7:55 PM
Svekt wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 6:34 PM
Grumpy74 wrote:

QQ

It is not an overpopulation problem with Midgard because the majority playerbase of Albion or Hibernia prioritizes PVE over RVR. DAOC endgame has always been RVR, not PVE. The RVR mechanics are working as intended and don't need to be nerfed, nor does Midgard population need to be nerfed because Albion and Hibernia choose to hide behind their frontier keeps to PVE during NA primetime to play with NPCs. They have the numbers to defend their realms, they just choose not to and then complain about Midgard zergs when the obvious end result of their PVE-over-RVR prioritization happens. The solution to the problem is simple: Prioritize RVR over PVE and defend the realm.

I am very aware of this, and you would be aware that I am aware if you read the whole thread:

as i previously stated
4)Promote and support consistent BG leaders in both the under populated realms... let me be specific here: I'm not asking DEVS or GMs to do this, their plate is already full. Rather you, the player base, make this happen. I have seen so many new BG leaders make a mistake and then get openly ridiculed and mocked. Having a zerg starts with having a leader, and then you the community have to support that leader and yes, even if they make a bad call. I have occasionally started and have ran RvR BGs but I do not do it often as it's not my cup of tea but I usually find that when I do, its no surprise that I have less followers than pilz harder grumpy etc etc as my name is not as popular. If there is a BG and your realm is under attack its probably in your realms best interest to go and defend it and support the leader that day.

5) Build alliances and stop being jerks to each other, and I am speaking as an individual that is consistently playing the under populated realm. You guys are just nasty, which makes no sense with the limited population. Like why push people away when you should be wanting to coach them politely if you know you have to play along side them. Stop criticizing people who are trying to learn and support them and they would be more likely to come play with you. Build upon that and create alliances and COMMUNICATE in them. I simply do not see enough Call To Arms in either albion or hibernia.
Fri 20 Dec 2019 5:51 PM by mattymc
omicidi wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 4:47 PM

Last night we beat Grumpy’s 4fg with a little more than two. Did that to another mid blob too.

After we made Grumpy release, he mustered a Crap ton of people: 101 to be exact as per the lord. Is was almost 3 groups (21 hibs) versus 12+ groups.

You mids are doing a great job. Keep (pun?) it up until this is gaheris/Uthgard/live.

If you continuously bring a 5 to 1 ratio, that ratio will then go 6:1, 7:1, until there’s nothing left. If that’s your goal fine. Humans need to with a little more than 30% of the time to stay interested. Granted, Grumpy, you and anyone that zergs with you will not have a 30% w/l ratio with 8, or even 2:1 ratio your win ratio is low, 3:1 is slightly higher but more of a fair fight.

For anyone that’s a member of the Grumpy Zerg and has an ounce of sense and enjoy rvr: it may be prudent to go to Alb or Hib.

Be part of the solution. If you think that 101 versus 21 (guard numbers from lord death, and me physically counting everyone on hib side to include a couple stealthers) is ok, or thinks it’s healthy because of xyz, it’s pretty silly.

While I wasn't with the zerg, I was on mid -- there wasn't 101 mids in NF, WHO BG says there wasn't 101 in Grumpy's zerg -- SOOO, you're exaggerating or, there were albs at that keep<there were lotsa albs all night, BTW> or Hib Lords can't count -- you decide
Fri 20 Dec 2019 7:20 PM by Voso
Do we have a graph that tracks the number of 50s in NF for each realm by the hour? If this graph does exist then we could find the average to determine which population is the largest over a period of time. This wouldn't factor in afk players, but would give us an idea of the RvR populations. I'm not concerned with overall population in PvE because this post is referencing NF. Current meta after November is favoring Mid who have always had the best tank trains, albs have the best caster/kite groups, and hibs are average for both setups that is the way this game has always been. I don't agree with most of the recent changes because the devs don't address the debuff issues instead they increase HP for all and nerf other classes. I don't understand the logic of not addressing the problem.
Sat 21 Dec 2019 3:59 AM by omicidi
mattymc wrote:
Fri 20 Dec 2019 5:51 PM
omicidi wrote:

While I wasn't with the zerg, I was on mid -- there wasn't 101 mids in NF, WHO BG says there wasn't 101 in Grumpy's zerg -- SOOO, you're exaggerating or, there were albs at that keep<there were lotsa albs all night, BTW> or Hib Lords can't count -- you decide

Guard spam does not lie. Nice try.
Fri 27 Dec 2019 6:23 AM by Cadebrennus
chryso wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 5:19 PM
jamino wrote:
Wed 4 Dec 2019 9:16 PM
Highfather17 wrote:

Problem solved.

Thar’s just bullshit .

Agree. If someone thinks healers are OP they are welcome to play one and be OP themselves.

I think it's this line of thinking that has led to too many people being in Mid. The results speak for themselves.
Sat 28 Dec 2019 9:27 PM by mattymc
omicidi wrote:
Sat 21 Dec 2019 3:59 AM
mattymc wrote:
Fri 20 Dec 2019 5:51 PM
omicidi wrote:

Guard spam does not lie. Nice try.
Didnt say it did -- however, there wasn't 101 mids in NF let alone the BG - so where do those extras come from?????
Sun 29 Dec 2019 12:50 AM by Solstice
To bring some actual numbers into this discussion:

https://unixgeek.com/phoenix.html

And even IF Albs tended to PvE a bit more, as if there was some magical link between the chosen realm and the way you play,
that would just make an already existing imbalance in RvR even worse. It doesn´t de-value the argument.

The server population is polarizing from three factions to two and declining in total.
My only idea for now would be to either drop realm transfer completely or give it a 30 day cd. Make people decide and commit.
Tue 31 Dec 2019 4:33 PM by mattymc
Solstice wrote:
Sun 29 Dec 2019 12:50 AM
To bring some actual numbers into this discussion:

https://unixgeek.com/phoenix.html

And even IF Albs tended to PvE a bit more, as if there was some magical link between the chosen realm and the way you play,
that would just make an already existing imbalance in RvR even worse. It doesn´t de-value the argument.

The server population is polarizing from three factions to two and declining in total.
My only idea for now would be to either drop realm transfer completely or give it a 30 day cd. Make people decide and commit.

Your numbers show an overall decline --- I am not sure your other positions are clear based on what you said, but I would hesitate to make any drastic conclusions based on the data presented --- the raw numbers show all 3 realms can compete --- that is clear; it is also clear that 'More mids in NF than etc...' is ignorant as an absolute statement --- if Realms have the leadership necessary/willing/etc to do so; they can compete ...what is clear, for all 3 <realms>, is there are times when all 3 don't or won't.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics