Consider Making Eldritch Void top DD 179 instead of 171

Started 14 Dec 2019
by Horus
in Suggestions
Sorc and cabbie baselines are 179 and lifetap and most other casters baselines are at least 179.
On live the Eldritch void baseline is 179.
Wiz fire baseline is 171 as well but they can debuff their own dmg type so it kinda makes sense. Elds cannot debuff their own dmg.

Please consider making the Eldritch void baseline on par with other spell lines and make it 179 like live.

Given other buffs to HPs and the weakness of bolts, I don't think this is an unfair request.

Thanks for you consideration.
Sat 14 Dec 2019 9:59 PM by Azrael
Eldritch heat baseline is 179,5 too. The spells on eldritch and wiz you mentioned are lvl 47 not 50 so that is probably the reason they have a lower value.
edit: (even if you use the term top in your title it is still a lower level)
Sun 15 Dec 2019 7:09 AM by teiloh
imo, they could change the Void base DD to Energy so they debuff in their own spec line with the 171. The resist and bolt combo doesn't synergize too well and they can't debuff for their other DD like a Runie.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 5:16 PM by Horus
Yes,
I believe it was something that was admittedly overlooked. That is why it was changed on live to 179. Not because of ToA or any other changes.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 10:48 AM by Lipsi
It is just because of the level of the spell that is not 50. The 3 realms mages without pets have a LVL 50 baseline DD for 179 in cold/heat and another DD of lower level (and lower damage) in their class specific bolt spec line (RM in runecarving has level 48 for DD 176, Wiz has lvl 47 for DD 171 like the eldritch). This is balanced between the 3 realms ; bolt, no pet, LVL 50 "realm" spec baseline DD + LVL 47/48 "class" spec baseline DD.

As for how it is in live, i am not sure how relevant that is, each class is different from what it is on live, because of the patch level on which this server is based. That doesn't mean that was overlooked. For instance, on bard which is the class i play, my last DD is 114 at level 44, instead of 2 DD for 160 + 139 on live, and any class could bring the attention to similar discrepancies or missing abilities that where added in later patches. So, as much as i would like to see Hib's eldritch's (and bard's) damages on the upside, it wouldn't be fair to the other classes i think.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 3:45 PM by Horus
Lipsi wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 10:48 AM
It is just because of the level of the spell that is not 50. The 3 realms mages without pets have a LVL 50 baseline DD for 179 in cold/heat and another DD of lower level (and lower damage) in their class specific bolt spec line (RM in runecarving has level 48 for DD 176, Wiz has lvl 47 for DD 171 like the eldritch). This is balanced between the 3 realms ; bolt, no pet, LVL 50 "realm" spec baseline DD + LVL 47/48 "class" spec baseline DD.

As for how it is in live, i am not sure how relevant that is, each class is different from what it is on live, because of the patch level on which this server is based. That doesn't mean that was overlooked. For instance, on bard which is the class i play, my last DD is 114 at level 44, instead of 2 DD for 160 + 139 on live, and any class could bring the attention to similar discrepancies or missing abilities that where added in later patches. So, as much as i would like to see Hib's eldritch's (and bard's) damages on the upside, it wouldn't be fair to the other classes i think.

RMs and Wizards can also debuff one of their own DD dmg type. This mitigates either the delve being lower or the DD being in a lower spec line. Eldy's don't have this.

Obviously dev seems interested in at least some basic class balancing because there are a number of custom changes. This should be consisdered.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 4:51 PM by Azrael
Lipsi wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 10:48 AM
As for how it is in live, i am not sure how relevant that is, each class is different from what it is on live, because of the patch level on which this server is based.

This, no idea why ppl came always up with live comparisons.
Horus wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 3:45 PM
Eldy's don't have this.

Obviously dev seems interested in at least some basic class balancing because there are a number of custom changes. This should be consisdered.

Still not sure why this should be some kind of balancing. You compare parts of a class 1:1 which imo leads to the false conclusion. eld and wiz has no speed, wiz cant join the body train (we wanna just change elds heat basline to his own debuff type oO) . Not sure why you start/stop at this baseline damage (type)? (beside my assumption you play an void eld)
Mon 16 Dec 2019 4:58 PM by omicidi
I ran Void with a body sorc. I felt the damage/speed and sorc damage was fine. I also felt like the spike damage and potential for insta kill made up for the lower dps.

Obviously this isn’t mordred: chanter/animist same effect. I only run light for d/q and red NS has better win conditions than letting a animist nuke harder.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics