Name Change token using - bounty points and phoenix feathers

Started 13 Nov 2019
by JUSTNSANE
in Suggestions
I am putting the suggestion here for the following because some people may regret the name they made their toon when starting and is now permanent. Consider adding an option for a name change token using bounty points and phoenix feathers. Thank you.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:01 PM by vxr
We had a dicussion about this a while back. https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11015&p=83615&hilit=name#p83615

The most liked comment was by Cadebrennus: "Disagree. It would be too easy for shitheads to act like shitheads and then change their name to avoid consequences within the community. This would also play havoc with /ignore lists."
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:56 PM by chryso
Have you tried not making poor name choices?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 10:06 PM by Uthred
This will 100% never happen for various reasons. We only change names if they violate our rules.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:09 PM by Sixin2082
JUSTNSANE wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 3:32 PM
I am putting the suggestion here for the following because some people may regret the name they made their toon when starting and is now permanent. Consider adding an option for a name change token using bounty points and phoenix feathers. Thank you.

Do you want to get Siing?, because this is how you get Siing.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 6:14 PM by Roto23
JUSTNSANE wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 3:32 PM

Worst idea ever
Please add thumbs down buttons or a vomit emogi
Thu 5 Dec 2019 9:15 PM by Thisisfubar99
I though about this too... to avoid abuse why not allow 1 name change per account once every 3 months or whatever (at a high bounty / feather cost) and put up a list of people who have changed name (through a command perhaps).

It would negate some of the problems of letting people change name imo and would prevent people from changing left and right, while still allowing someone who made a mistake to have a change at correcting it without leveling a new char.

I hope you reconsider either way! cheers
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:08 AM by Bicstor
Thisisfubar99 wrote:
Thu 5 Dec 2019 9:15 PM
I though about this too... to avoid abuse why not allow 1 name change per account once every 3 months or whatever (at a high bounty / feather cost) and put up a list of people who have changed name (through a command perhaps).

It would negate some of the problems of letting people change name imo and would prevent people from changing left and right, while still allowing someone who made a mistake to have a change at correcting it without leveling a new char.

I hope you reconsider either way! cheers

How i interact with people in game,both those in my realm and those in opposing realms, is based on who they are. I do not want to have to check a list everytime i have dealings with people, or when deciding if i should attack them or not. Its a bad idea as people have said, act like an arse, change name, wipe slate clean. No thanks. Having had to deal with one individual who was being "difficult" over a period of time, the thought of them being able to change name to evade ignore lists/reputation would of been a real pain, as i have no doubt they would of used the ability to change name to their advantage. So again No Thanks.
Sun 8 Dec 2019 2:12 AM by Bumblina
I totally agree that giving players the ability to change names, would be totally insane!

This would give nightmare/troll players the freedom to act how they wanted and then hide behind a name change.

No thank you.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 12:00 AM by Wasted_Content
I want this because my character names when I made them months ago are all terrible and now I have better ideas.

Counter argument about ignore lists and people name changing away from their shitty reputations don't make a lot of sense to me. You realize the person is still going to be easily recognizable right? Their attitude isn't going to change. Just put a huge timer on it. Put a 3 month timer on it. Put one on there even longer! MY TOON NAMES ARE HORRIBLE PLEAAASE.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 7:40 AM by Uthred
Uthred wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 10:06 PM
This will 100% never happen for various reasons. We only change names if they violate our rules.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 8:00 AM by inoeth
augen auf beim eierkauf!
Thu 12 Dec 2019 9:05 PM by Bicstor
Wasted_Content wrote:
Wed 11 Dec 2019 12:00 AM
I want this because my character names when I made them months ago are all terrible and now I have better ideas.

Counter argument about ignore lists and people name changing away from their shitty reputations don't make a lot of sense to me. You realize the person is still going to be easily recognizable right? Their attitude isn't going to change. Just put a huge timer on it. Put a 3 month timer on it. Put one on there even longer! MY TOON NAMES ARE HORRIBLE PLEAAASE.

The arguement that you chose poorly at the start on something that is important as a unique identifier of you, yet overall has no impact on your ability to play from a game mechanics point of view doesn't make a lot of sense to me either.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 4:10 AM by Wasted_Content
well I’m glad you’re super satisfied with your name choices but not everyone has your innate gifts. I still don’t see what the big deal is to adding this to our available cosmetic changes, albeit with a lengthy timer.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 10:55 AM by Sepplord
The arguments have all been made though, if you don't get it now, then you don't want to or still won't when getting fed the pooints in a different narrative

/thread
Thu 26 Dec 2019 2:43 PM by chryso
Just make new toons with your new great names. When they are 50 give them the template items from your poorly named toons.
Fri 27 Dec 2019 12:52 PM by Siouxsie
chryso wrote:
Thu 26 Dec 2019 2:43 PM
Just make new toons with your new great names. When they are 50 give them the template items from your poorly named toons.

Hahaha I thought this exact same thing.
Levelling is a doddle.. just level the toon to 50, swap template. Job done.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics