qol: group buff versions of Damage Add and Combat Speed Buff

Started 10 Dec 2019
by Hermodt
in Suggestions
It would make the rebuff stops much less time and power consuming if dmg add and haste buffers like Theurg, Wizard, [ insert corresponding class of ofther realm ] would get the group buff versions of their damage add and combat speed buffs.
Tue 10 Dec 2019 8:39 PM by The Skies Asunder
I always liked that they added group versions for all the single target timer spells like these on live.
Tue 10 Dec 2019 11:57 PM by Wasted_Content
This would be nice. Do AoE crack for mentalists as well. Thanks
Thu 12 Dec 2019 11:20 AM by Lux.Thoras
This would be a Quality of Life feature.
Thu 12 Dec 2019 11:38 AM by Sepplord
not really sure if i am a fan of doing this, but if it is done it should include ALL long-duration single-target-realm timed buffs on all classes.

Aka, absorbbuffs, DMG-shields, etc...
Thu 12 Dec 2019 3:20 PM by Wasted_Content
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 11:38 AM
not really sure if i am a fan of doing this, but if it is done it should include ALL long-duration single-target-realm timed buffs on all classes.

Aka, absorbbuffs, DMG-shields, etc...

1) Obviously it should include them all.
2) Why aren't you a fan of doing this?
Thu 12 Dec 2019 3:47 PM by Sepplord
Didn't say i'm not a fan
I'm just not sure, although i am more on the PRO side (guess i worded that pretty badly)

Currently i guess pets (for example) aren't buffed with these buffs, supports aren't fullbuffed with these kind of buffs etc.
Despite them having a small benefit, the benefit is weighed VS bufftime and in some cases decided against.
I know our smallmen has sometimes not fullbuffed everyone with the BD-absorbbuff for example, for timereasons and because there were hardly meleetrains (which has changed a lot now)
It's not the best example, but since i don't really know of all the buffs i am not definitely in favor.

If it is just time-convenience...why not make all concbuffs instacast when out of combat for example?
Or let a group set a bufftemplate, and when they release they get the same buffs again until something in the groupsetup changes.
In a similar vein those ideas are just a small qol and timesaver, but in praxis it would let groups leave the portkeeps much faster

PS: the last example-argument is just that. an example, it doesn't work for this posts idea, because the effected buffers (afaik) don't have a huge buffing job anyways, and the bottleneck to leave fast would still be conc-buffs
Thu 12 Dec 2019 4:19 PM by Wasted_Content
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 3:47 PM
Didn't say i'm not a fan
I'm just not sure, although i am more on the PRO side (guess i worded that pretty badly)
Yes, you worded it poorly.

Sepplord wrote:
Currently i guess pets (for example) aren't buffed with these buffs, supports aren't fullbuffed with these kind of buffs etc.
Despite them having a small benefit, the benefit is weighed VS bufftime and in some cases decided against.
IDK if this is a non-native-english-speaking translation thing but I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Sepplord wrote:
I know our smallmen has sometimes not fullbuffed everyone with the BD-absorbbuff for example, for timereasons and because there were hardly meleetrains (which has changed a lot now)
It's not the best example, but since i don't really know of all the buffs i am not definitely in favor.

I don't see why BD buff couldn't be on there, but i think this change would mostly be geared for the poor bastards who get spammed for their buffs every time they drop. Theurgist Atk Spd, Wiz Dmg Add, Menta/Sorc Crack (Healer crack is a buff so no recast). Also if you don't really KNOW...maybe best to educate further before weighing in?

Sepplord wrote:
If it is just time-convenience...why not make all concbuffs instacast when out of combat for example?
I mean sounds good to me honestly I'd like to buff faster but also it takes a bit of knowledge to know what buffs go where. Also Conc means you cast once then dont have to recast. It's not really what we're even talking about.

Sepplord wrote:
Or let a group set a bufftemplate, and when they release they get the same buffs again until something in the groupsetup changes.
In a similar vein those ideas are just a small qol and timesaver, but in praxis it would let groups leave the portkeeps much faster

Again it's not really what we're talking about. There's convenience for something that's annoying like having to recrack 8 people every 20m, and then there's playing an auto-scroll browser game like you're suggesting here.

Sepplord wrote:
PS: the last example-argument is just that. an example, it doesn't work for this posts idea, because the effected buffers (afaik) don't have a huge buffing job anyways, and the bottleneck to leave fast would still be conc-buffs
Again IDK if this is a translation issue but I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

This change is a HUGE QoL buff for classes like mentalist/sorc/theurg/wiz. There are some other classes that might benefit but the huge ones are crack/DA/Atk speed. I don't know if you've ever had the extreme displeasure of playing a mana ment in a group but there's plenty to do that doesn't involve having to be constantly rebuffing everyone one by one. It would be a huge QoL change and it wouldn't be game-breaking (like insta conc buffing or any of the hair-brained examples you brought up).
Thu 12 Dec 2019 4:44 PM by Sepplord
Wasted_Content wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 4:19 PM
[...]

Quite some hostility and it's a bit ironic you tell me to educate myself before saying anything at all, while you seem to have made up your mind about my arguments despite not knowing what they mean. So FU for that part of your reply.
It also implies that you know everything. Or how can you be so sure that there is nothing else you need to educate yourself about before making any statement at all.
I guess only all knowledgeable gods themselves are able to make profound suggestions.

Now that i got that out, back to normal please. I'll try and do an ELI5 of the things you don't understand:

Currently:
"buff my pet haste too pls."
"Nah i won't too lazy, let's just roll out"
-> group runs without hasted / DA'd pets

After QOL-change:
"buff my pet haste too pls"
"Already happened, everyone and -thing gets the buff now"
-> group runs with hasted / DA'd pets

What can i really reply to your autoscroll browsergame comparison...both examples would not make the game an idle-game. Way to keep a constructive discussion going. Can you really not see the difference between a group being killed and back into action in 5seconds, VS 1or2minutes. Well, maybe now that i spelled it out you can.

And please, if you can only reply with insults again, then don't expect another answer or explanation.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 4:03 AM by Wasted_Content
I dissected and responded to every part of your post. You willingly admitted to not even knowing what you were talking about. Stop WASTING all of our time.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 10:58 AM by Sepplord
Wasted_Content wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 4:03 AM
I dissected and responded to every part of your post. You willingly admitted to not even knowing what you were talking about. Stop WASTING all of our time.

refuting bullshit is never a waste of time...it takes a lot of time, but it's not a waste.

You willingly admitted to not even knowing what you were talking about.

No, i didn't.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics