Scout Advice

Started 9 Dec 2019
by Pirhana7
in Albion
So I decided to roll a Scout, I know lt will be tough here.
Has anyone tried going high Mo blocking?
Was thinking 35 Ste, 27 Bow, 45 Shield, 44 Thr and then aiming for mo blocking and dex

Back in the day on other shield classes I use to get people to blow purge off the 2stun, then after the 8 second immunity was up I could slam.
If I do have them stunned for that long duraction what would be the best tactic with 27 bow, 44 thrust?
Should I just do positional Thrust styles?, Point blank bow shots?, Should I get some distance then use bow? If I use bow at that point should I just use regular shots or try to land a crit shot or 2?

Thanks for the help and ideas
Mon 9 Dec 2019 9:26 PM by Riac
youre going to have a bad time.

no matter what anyone else in this thread says. youre going to have a bad time.
Mon 9 Dec 2019 9:30 PM by Pirhana7
Riac wrote:
Mon 9 Dec 2019 9:26 PM
youre going to have a bad time.

no matter what anyone else in this thread says. youre going to have a bad time.

I have already accepted that, I have had my fun in this game, I am making a scout because they are at the bottom of the list and I want a challenge. Just looking for advice on tactics
Tue 10 Dec 2019 2:19 AM by gromet12
Pirhana7 wrote:
Mon 9 Dec 2019 9:09 PM
Was thinking 35 Ste, 27 Bow, 45 Shield, 44 Thr and then aiming for mo blocking and dex

Back in the day on other shield classes I use to get people to blow purge off the 2stun, then after the 8 second immunity was up I could slam.
If I do have them stunned for that long duraction what would be the best tactic with 27 bow, 44 thrust?
Should I just do positional Thrust styles?, Point blank bow shots?, Should I get some distance then use bow? If I use bow at that point should I just use regular shots or try to land a crit shot or 2?

I'm not a fan of the spec personally, but I dont play scout here so I wish you GL

However to answer your main question here: You must get room, after you slam someone your going to sit for 3secs minimum before you can get a shot off. If that person had a dmg shield on, its actually going to take longer. The tatic was always to slam, run through after a little distance, then shot the target.
Tue 10 Dec 2019 6:02 PM by Pirhana7
gromet12 wrote:
Tue 10 Dec 2019 2:19 AM
Pirhana7 wrote:
Mon 9 Dec 2019 9:09 PM

I'm not a fan of the spec personally, but I dont play scout here so I wish you GL

However to answer your main question here: You must get room, after you slam someone your going to sit for 3secs minimum before you can get a shot off. If that person had a dmg shield on, its actually going to take longer. The tatic was always to slam, run through after a little distance, then shot the target.

After I get a little room what would be better: normal bow shots or crit shots? I remember back in the day before the archery change a lot of scouts would slam and try to get off 2 crit shot before the target came out of stun
Tue 10 Dec 2019 6:12 PM by chois
can t land 2 crit shoot under slam, 10 sec cooldown
Wed 11 Dec 2019 12:32 PM by Insanity84
chois wrote:
Tue 10 Dec 2019 6:12 PM
can t land 2 crit shoot under slam, 10 sec cooldown
Just to get this info correct, from wiki:
Critical shot provide enemy target with 15 seconds of immunity critical shots.

So get room, land a crit shot if possible, proceed with normal shots.

Riac wrote: youre going to have a bad time.
I can second this.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 1:15 PM by Tamy
I had a lot of fun with my scout back in OF, especially with the old 75 delve charges. These days it's really a pain in the ass (les dex/qui, better selfbuffs for your opponents, everyone has more hp's, a lot of sins are using viper5 dots etc.).

In terms of tactics I like your spec. I'm currently 44 thrust, 42 shield, 35 bow, 32 stealth...with lower rr i would just lower bow like you did. You can use slam for critshot+followup, you can preload your critshot if you know another stealther is near you or about to inc towards you, you can use numb to get them to use purge (if they don't purge you can land your side dehaste style) and you're able to kite with the snare followup from 44 thrust. Altough it's really hard if they know you will do it or vs. sins because of snare styles and snare envenom.

Full melee would also be an option but I think it only works with some RR and against opponents who aren't at the top of their class skills.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 5:30 PM by chois
Tamy, full melee like i did was good before the up of enervating poison now its too hard, before u keep your purge for a stun now u have to purge the enervating/viper dot, and u take the stun and its a drama:p. i keep mine in both spec melee, but it s not fun like it was. Maybe in several years when the scout will receive a gift:p. Scout still the forgoten class.
Wed 11 Dec 2019 10:42 PM by gromet12
chois wrote:
Wed 11 Dec 2019 5:30 PM
Tamy, full melee like i did was good before the up of enervating poison now its too hard, before u keep your purge for a stun now u have to purge the enervating/viper dot, and u take the stun and its a drama:p. i keep mine in both spec melee, but it s not fun like it was. Maybe in several years when the scout will receive a gift:p. Scout still the forgoten class.

They just need to move to the new archery system
Thu 12 Dec 2019 8:05 AM by Dakkhon
I dont remember the damage variance being so bad as far as 35 bow and 45-50 bow. Not to mention the over all damage of critshot is just terrible. I suppose that's the way they like it. I say at least give the scout self buffs and you can take my tiny extra range we get. That has never killed anyone imo. Still I love my scout and accept the challenge.
Thu 12 Dec 2019 4:37 PM by gromet12
Dakkhon wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 8:05 AM
I dont remember the damage variance being so bad as far as 35 bow and 45-50 bow. Not to mention the over all damage of critshot is just terrible. I suppose that's the way they like it. I say at least give the scout self buffs and you can take my tiny extra range we get. That has never killed anyone imo. Still I love my scout and accept the challenge.

In old patch notes here they adjusted the WS down 2 lvls, which is why archery is what it is here, it was the highest WS in the game
Mon 16 Dec 2019 1:52 PM by Highfather17
Remember the days of 9 second slam and spammable point black shot?

THOSE WERE THE DAYS!

And then we got nerfed into oblivion.
Tue 17 Dec 2019 12:05 AM by Pirhana7
gromet12 wrote:
Wed 11 Dec 2019 10:42 PM
chois wrote:
Wed 11 Dec 2019 5:30 PM

They just need to move to the new archery system

I prefer the old archery system BUT I would like to see them put the buff lines into to archery like they did. This way all archers would have the same buffs with 1 less line to spec in, as well as Scouts having buffs.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics