Scout Specs!

Started 1 Jun 2019
by nixxo87
in Albion
Just wondering if people have tried 40-45 stealth for faster stealth or more than 51 bow for dmg, trying to find the sweet spot. Ive been running a 42s 34slash 38lb 40 stealth for the moment but wonder if i should drop stealth or slash or bow to boost a skill up.

ty brehs
Sat 1 Jun 2019 11:24 PM by Galandor
Pro tip, don't play scout, it's the worst class in the game.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 11:37 PM by Anelyn77
I was told by many players that bow past 35 (hard points) doesn't really increase much in dmg, so unless you really want RF2 or Pen Arrow 2 no point to put points. You'll be 52 comp at RR7, (35+11+6) but you won't see any major dmg increases (like let's say your crit shot on a sin going from 500 to 700, more like 560 or smth).

I played scout on live pre-toa, and post-toa, the only big diff is that FZ was the supreme get out of my face (as you could not escape it if it caught you), while slam / snares / other stuns etc can be purged.

Damage is fine, best range of all 3 archers (not by much, but adds up with elevation etc), you won't really do much 1v1 with chances to win if you don't get your opener and couple arrows in (and even then it's tricky being 1h+shield, especially vs DW classes).

If you play it more like an archer (pick up volley, long shot, FE, aug dex etc) you will have fun, if you try to go for 1v1 only it's not really where it's at. As an archer (any of the 3) you need quite high RR to be able to stand on even ground with most 1v1 (not counting casters). Rangers have an advantage melee wise, and hunters have the pet which helps (counts as 2 attackers, more dmg over time etc), but really archers - IMHO - are not the 1v1 kings nor will they be.

I'm personally loving 40 stealth for extra movement speed, gives me more time to react / avoid / open vs other stealthers (usually avoid, as stealthers solo is rare, not unseen, but why expose yourself to get minstrel stunned or perfed or shot because you popped the 1st guy you saw). 40 BC being a huntress (for yellow d/q buff), 35 bow, 39 spear.

For scout you could probably go 42 shield, 35 bow, 40 stealth, 37 slash (or thrust if that's your style). 42 shield is a must have, so you pretty much juggle bow / weapon / stealth to your comfortable levels.

Cheers, see you out there!
Sat 1 Jun 2019 11:41 PM by nixxo87
is it crazy to try 45stealth 30 slash 42 shield 35 bow?

i usually always duo, i guess i could always drop stealth to 35 eventually and go 39 slash maybe actually be able to fight.
Sat 1 Jun 2019 11:54 PM by Anelyn77
if 10% more speed in stealth is what does it for you (going from 80% to 90% run speed, 80% being mos 7, and you get mos 8 at 45 hard points in stealth), for the amount of investment, then sure.

I find 80% to be the sweet spot, it's not like someone will try to chase you in stealth forever, and your 90% vs his 80% will slowly but surely give you an advantage of any sort.

Also if you go duo, is best to have same MoS, or one will lag behind, mainly convenience, dunno I never group in rvr on huntress (outside of keep tasks obv, and then it's with visibles / bg).
Sun 2 Jun 2019 3:34 AM by Bumbles
35 shield, 44 thrust, 37 bow and 37 stealth for any sub RR5 if you can land side styles.. Higher ranks go higher stealth imo for faster movement and drop bow down. Can also simple run 27 Bow for last Crit shot and bump stealth up. I loved running 50 Stealth
Sun 2 Jun 2019 9:40 AM by Saroi
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 1 Jun 2019 11:54 PM
if 10% more speed in stealth is what does it for you (going from 80% to 90% run speed, 80% being mos 7, and you get mos 8 at 45 hard points in stealth), for the amount of investment, then sure.

I find 80% to be the sweet spot, it's not like someone will try to chase you in stealth forever, and your 90% vs his 80% will slowly but surely give you an advantage of any sort.

Also if you go duo, is best to have same MoS, or one will lag behind, mainly convenience, dunno I never group in rvr on huntress (outside of keep tasks obv, and then it's with visibles / bg).

After MoS 1 the walk bonus per MoS is 3%, not 5%. Unless they changed it recently.
Sun 2 Jun 2019 7:46 PM by nixxo87
Bumbles wrote:
Sun 2 Jun 2019 3:34 AM
35 shield, 44 thrust, 37 bow and 37 stealth for any sub RR5 if you can land side styles.. Higher ranks go higher stealth imo for faster movement and drop bow down. Can also simple run 27 Bow for last Crit shot and bump stealth up. I loved running 50 Stealth

slamming people is too much fun
Mon 3 Jun 2019 12:11 AM by Anelyn77
You bet! I still remember my scout on live, what a big difference slam made, was soloing in AC at entrance on the drakulvs? And thanks to slam I could move from yellows to ojs!

Later on with FZ in ToA, and couple other archery buffs, scout really started to pull ahead (archery wise) to rangers and hunters.

I really wish devs would give some bumps to archery (either base dmg, or make it worth to spec more than 35 in bow).

Happy slammi... I mean hunting (as I'm a huntress) everyone! <3
Sat 23 Nov 2019 2:10 PM by asnusia
just ding 5L rank

what's the best spec between

35 stealth, 42 shield, 37 bow, 39 thrust
35 stealth, 45 shield, 27 bow, 44 thrust (i lose rapid fire and 20 dmg on normal shot and i gain 1,5% bloch chance and anytime snare combo)
34 stealth, 50 shield, 28 bow, 39 thrust ((i lose rapid fire and 20 dmg on normal shot, 1 point of stealth and i gain 4% block chance and brutalize style)

help pls
Sat 23 Nov 2019 9:52 PM by gromet12
I would forget 1hand specing for any scout, pre-toa and after toa I always ran 50 shield spec w/o any meaningful thrust/slash spec.

50shield/52+composite bow (no reason for PenII or RF2 as they are both completely worthless)/stealth @ w/e lvl you want 40 or 45
Sat 23 Nov 2019 10:19 PM by Riac
youre not going to have fun on a scout lol. just gonna tell you that now.
anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.
Sun 24 Nov 2019 1:24 AM by Makrist
with the slowest Scout bow possible and a capped template the difference on lvl 50 targets in RvR (Rapid Fire) between 35 and 45 Bow spec is approximately 8 damage. Crit shot your damage is approximately 30 higher with regular shots falling somewhere in between at around 15-18. The damage doesn't scale in any meaningful way, and it's not worth it unless you plan on running a sniper spec regardless of damage variance.

Slam for me was a complete waste. 80% of all stealth fights it will get purged, and until you get some additional toys to increase survivability you won't be alive long enough to outlast the immunity timer. 35 shield for the off-block stun was much more flexible and provide much more utility with weapon damage than 42 shield ever did. It effected my block rate by about 1% which was very easy to overcome with a point or two in MoB. The additional weaponskill by going 44 or even 50 weapon was much more beneficial overall in both duo and solo settings. It's even more justifiable with some survivability tools at RR6+.

This was my experience on Phoenix before leaving for another freeshard server that has 1200 on every night. I haven't been back since but I suspect nothing has changed.
Mon 9 Dec 2019 9:37 PM by Pirhana7
Makrist wrote:
Sun 24 Nov 2019 1:24 AM
with the slowest Scout bow possible and a capped template the difference on lvl 50 targets in RvR (Rapid Fire) between 35 and 45 Bow spec is approximately 8 damage. Crit shot your damage is approximately 30 higher with regular shots falling somewhere in between at around 15-18. The damage doesn't scale in any meaningful way, and it's not worth it unless you plan on running a sniper spec regardless of damage variance.

Slam for me was a complete waste. 80% of all stealth fights it will get purged, and until you get some additional toys to increase survivability you won't be alive long enough to outlast the immunity timer. 35 shield for the off-block stun was much more flexible and provide much more utility with weapon damage than 42 shield ever did. It effected my block rate by about 1% which was very easy to overcome with a point or two in MoB. The additional weaponskill by going 44 or even 50 weapon was much more beneficial overall in both duo and solo settings. It's even more justifiable with some survivability tools at RR6+.

This was my experience on Phoenix before leaving for another freeshard server that has 1200 on every night. I haven't been back since but I suspect nothing has changed.

Just going to point out that if you use the beginning 2sec shield stun 90% of enemy stealthers will blow purge on it. Then 8 seconds later you can slam for full stun duration
Wed 11 Dec 2019 4:41 PM by Dakkhon
Anyone willing to share a template build for scout? Epic gear is good but......
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Albion or the latest topics