GMs closing off the western part of the event starting island - Soloers Heartbroken

Started 24 Nov 2019
by Catkain
in Tavern
I dont have a long speech planned, but I dont see the reason for closing off this area in the last hours of the event. Stating that "it was never allowed" to fight in that area and that "this is not a solo event, it is a pvp event".

Over the last few days a soloer community has thrived in that area and new friends and enemies were made for those of us who are more anti-social.

"it was never allowed" If this was against the rules, then why did Clockwork (who visited us there) and other GM's not take action earlier?
      "this is not a solo event, it is a pvp event" is soloing not a part of pvp? For me it is all I do all day...Player Versus Player.

I loved the event, mainly due to the action in this area. I am disappointed in the explanations given and hope for a constructive dialogue between GMs and the solo-community.

On that note: Anyone who had fun in there, feel free to PM me <3
      Sun 24 Nov 2019 6:43 PM by gruenesschaf
      I don't know why the npcs with the explicit guild name <NO FIGHTS ON THIS ISLAND> were ignored by players or staff. I'm not sure how it could possibly have been made more clear that there should be no fights on the island.

As for the solo community needing a place, there are 3 solo zones with a teleport from one to another. Since today there is now also a fairfight command to list other people looking for solo fights.

The intent of the pvp event should be quite obvious given that there is a safe zone and things telling you to not fight on the island and there being a teleporter with a fight button.
      Tue 3 Dec 2019 7:43 PM by Riac
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      I would put it in a couple of different languages, but i dont know any other languages.
      what was the harm in letting ppl duel there? we got to 1v1 a lot of ppl we dont really get the chance to see in the wild alone.
      shame on you guys for shutting it down imo.
      and the 8v8 portion was laughable. the 5v5 and 3v3 events were a fucken smash hit. and then you chance it to 8v8???? would love to hear the logic behind that, not even being sarcastic there. what was the logic?
      Wed 4 Dec 2019 1:20 AM by Azrael
      Mh, I do not care at all about this solo(zone) thing but I think you can not expect a "logical"/non sarcastic/normal answer if I look at your post. Beside that, it seems gruens already stated (for the solo part) that there should be a safezone. And if you demand to fight on the no fight zone, what should prevent me and my group to roll over you?
      Wed 4 Dec 2019 2:34 AM by Riac
      Azrael wrote:
      Wed 4 Dec 2019 1:20 AM
      Mh, I do not care at all about this solo(zone) thing but I think you can not expect a "logical"/non sarcastic/normal answer if I look at your post. Beside that, it seems gruens already stated (for the solo part) that there should be a safezone. And if you demand to fight on the no fight zone, what should prevent me and my group to roll over you?

do you know the are that ppl are talking about on the island where ppl were dueling? there was clearly a safe zone in the town. you litterally could not attack ppl in the town.
      Wed 4 Dec 2019 11:02 AM by Goforit
      Riac wrote:
      Tue 3 Dec 2019 7:43 PM
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      THE. SOLO. ZONE. SUCKS.
      I would put it in a couple of different languages, but i dont know any other languages.
      what was the harm in letting ppl duel there? we got to 1v1 a lot of ppl we dont really get the chance to see in the wild alone.
      shame on you guys for shutting it down imo.
      and the 8v8 portion was laughable. the 5v5 and 3v3 events were a fucken smash hit. and then you chance it to 8v8???? would love to hear the logic behind that, not even being sarcastic there. what was the logic?

lol Riac still crying about solo zones...
      Wed 4 Dec 2019 1:19 PM by chryso
      Riac wrote:
      Tue 3 Dec 2019 7:43 PM
      and the 8v8 portion was laughable. the 5v5 and 3v3 events were a fucken smash hit. and then you chance it to 8v8????

I have to agree with this part. The whole game is an 8v8 zone.
      This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics