warden 39 blade

Started 3 Dec 2019
by canzian
in Hibernia
warden with 39 blade can win vs infi or sb?
Tue 3 Dec 2019 6:34 PM by Bradekes
No... If you do you got lucky or they weren't templated... Melee warden are very disappointing here
Tue 3 Dec 2019 6:44 PM by Mavella
Melee warden can definitely kill sins. PBT+stacked parry+39blades ASR+D/Q debuff proc. Warden also gets body resist to cut lifebane damage. Needs some RR obviously to get real competitive.

The issue is any warden fight is going to take forever and will likely be added on unless you're in an out of the way area.
Tue 3 Dec 2019 7:00 PM by canzian
Mavella wrote:
Tue 3 Dec 2019 6:44 PM
Melee warden can definitely kill sins. PBT+stacked parry+39blades ASR+D/Q debuff proc. Warden also gets body resist to cut lifebane damage. Needs some RR obviously to get real competitive.

The issue is any warden fight is going to take forever and will likely be added on unless you're in an out of the way area.

Best race for melee warden? firb?
Tue 3 Dec 2019 7:38 PM by Mavella
canzian wrote:
Tue 3 Dec 2019 7:00 PM
Mavella wrote:

Best race for melee warden? firb?

Personally I'd go Celt for the slightly faster cast and attack speed. It will also have a little bit more parry vs a slightly stronger swing. If you get real fancy you can do things like land a side snare sprint away and heal up.
Tue 3 Dec 2019 9:42 PM by Bradekes
Mavella wrote:

i

What do you mean by stacked parry... Being a melee warden with 39 blades doesn't leave much for parry and dualwield cuts your parry chance in half.. Pbt is cool but it's not going to save you.. If you happen to get your fireblade chain off for the attk speed debuff it helps but don't be giving anyone false hope about playing a melee warden..

I have one and he is fun to mess around on if you understand this isn't ToA and everything that really made wardens good in melee is not around.

Also just understand there's been no adjustments to hib classes except nerfs and fluff QoL that every realm got. Mid and alb hybrids got good buffs tho and I'd consider a friar if you want a melee healer tank. Friars get the same % deflection as PBT built in with their evade V
Tue 3 Dec 2019 10:21 PM by Sepplord
Afaik dualwield doesnt reduce parry.
2handed reduces parry
Tue 3 Dec 2019 10:49 PM by Mavella
Bradekes wrote:
Tue 3 Dec 2019 9:42 PM
Mavella wrote:

i

What do you mean by stacked parry... Being a melee warden with 39 blades doesn't leave much for parry and dualwield cuts your parry chance in half.. Pbt is cool but it's not going to save you.. If you happen to get your fireblade chain off for the attk speed debuff it helps but don't be giving anyone false hope about playing a melee warden..

I have one and he is fun to mess around on if you understand this isn't ToA and everything that really made wardens good in melee is not around.

Also just understand there's been no adjustments to hib classes except nerfs and fluff QoL that every realm got. Mid and alb hybrids got good buffs tho and I'd consider a friar if you want a melee healer tank. Friars get the same % deflection as PBT built in with their evade V

The parry thing has been addressed. I have fought Crystaa regularly and seen parry rates of 40-45% depending on spec/RA loadout I am assuming. I've gone 5+ melee rounds without landing a single attack on him. If I wasn't rr11 I know he'd have won some of our 1v1s.

Melee warden is definitely no powerhouse. It's literally killing people with a death by 1000 cuts playstyle. It can work but it definitely isn't the most effective. It's going to be slow drawn out slugfest fights. Hence my comment about likely being added on almost any given encounter. I've seen Crystaa be very effective with it and kill sins which is what the OP asked.

Champ hero or BM would offer a lot more dmg and killing potential for sure. You'd have to consciously make the choice to go warden. I just explained some of the tools available to help them go toe to toe with sins.
Wed 4 Dec 2019 12:56 AM by The Skies Asunder
As a long time Warden from Live, my two cents are that without shield spec you will have an incredibly rough life trying to melee. It is bad enough without all the ToA tools Warden had access to, but not having shield spec is the biggest problem. It will be possible for you to win, it just won't happen very often. You have a few tools to help with melee, but you lack the survivability that Warden good on Live, and you lack the ToA styles and weapons that made the DPS be less of an issue. As Mavella said as well, every fight will likely be added on, because it will take you a very long time to kill anything, if you're able to at all. In short, I wouldn't recommend it.
Thu 5 Dec 2019 9:04 AM by MacPrior
I ve played Warden on lifeas a main toon.

With TOA warden have had an unique position - he was able to spam ML-Line styles (endu drain), wich has an own weapon ability, So, not needed to skill a weapon at all. Plus twf. Plus bubble. Additional on life a warden got a shield line to skill and later on even special styles in both melee lines. In that constellation a warden was a very funny class with various skill and play style possibilities.
Here on Phoenix the best idea, I think, to play a ward as a secondary healer and bubble chanter with resi-buffs and some peel ability on 15 blades. But a warden has to be very careful with peel - if melee train turn to you - you are dead and all bases you buffed, bubble and your heal for your group gone. So, enemy contact isnt good at all for a ward
Just buff, heal and be alive and in bubble range.
Thu 12 Dec 2019 5:04 PM by Niekas
Solo Warden was only viable due to ToA. which offered additional utility and damage.

Dont try it here, save your time & nerves.

I know since I had a rr11 LE warden on Ywain.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics