Delays in scripts

Started 2 Dec 2019
by Bicstor
in Ask the Team
Ive just had a discussion with someone regarding forcing a delay between key sends in a script, by modifying an AHK enviroment variable which sets the delay in between key sends. I am sure that doing this will break the no delay rule, the other person is telling me this is allowed and common practice.
Can I have some clarification on this, not just for me, but for the whole community. Thanks.
Tue 3 Dec 2019 1:58 AM by Lerox
5. Macroing

It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden as well as any other means that allow unattended game-play

1st offense: Deletion of all characters and 2-weeks ban
2nd offense: permaban of Player

Regarding to their official https://playphoenix.online/rules any kind of delays are strictly forbidden.

It might be common practice but just because those delays are hard to track it does not mean they are allowed. Take care!
Tue 3 Dec 2019 10:19 AM by Bicstor
Lerox wrote:
Tue 3 Dec 2019 1:58 AM
It might be common practice but just because those delays are hard to track it does not mean they are allowed. Take care!
I was just more concerned that "Bad" practices were commonplace due to a misguided belief that they were allowed/needed
Wed 4 Dec 2019 8:21 AM by Wolfir666
Bicstor wrote:
Tue 3 Dec 2019 10:19 AM
Lerox wrote:
Tue 3 Dec 2019 1:58 AM
I was just more concerned that "Bad" practices were commonplace due to a misguided belief that they were allowed/needed

I kind of agree with you, there was a Paladin-thread in the Albion-forum once, where it was explained how to setup certain AHK-scripts, and one also including a delay, and the question towards the Devs, if that was allowed or not, never was answered in it:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=10261
Wed 4 Dec 2019 8:46 AM by Uthred
5. Macroing

It is allowed to bind multiple actions to a key, however, delays, repeats, and conditions are strictly forbidden as well as any other means that allow unattended game-play
Fri 13 Dec 2019 5:37 PM by joy
I guess you are talking about 'SetKeyDelay'.
A few use it because their comp is crap, so it's either use it, or don't use AHK.
Their script is identical to everyone elses, and doesn't contain any 'Delay <>' in it.
All that is different is that instead of the 10 ms delay per input (default value) they might use 20 ms.

Because how ahk works, it technically means 99% of people who use it actually use it with a delay, without knowing it, as you have to explicitly tell it to not use any delay.

It would have been so much simpler if ALL form of Macroing was bannable.
It would be easier for the players to know what is allowed and what is not,
and it would be a lot simpler for the gamemasters to catch cheaters.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics