Is moc4 pd5 enough to Sustain 1 target on a Animist?

Started 21 Nov 2019
by Voidedtransaction
in Hibernia
Hey.. Playing around on solo Ani..

Would Moc4's lifetap return with pd5 be enough to stall out 1 assassin for example or is it basically moc5 or bust on this server with lack of spelldamage/ect and 50% lifetap value.

Just looking for something to hit when stealthers try and take you out prior to the dock/setup.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 7:00 PM by vxr
I am sorry for being speculative as I don't have an animist, but I can give you some feedback regarding SM lifetap
As an SM, when the pet is dead or not around to intercept, MoC 3 is just about enough to break even with the average assassin.

Non MoC average target damage is around 300
MoC 3: average target becomes 150dmg with an average of about 150 heal (due to variance on lt, this was mentioned in a previous post)

Keep in mind that
SM LT is spec based (lvl 47)
Delvs for 183
Return rate: 90%

Animist LT is baseline (lvl 45)
Delvs for 164
Return rate: 50%

Considering this. I would say that MoC 3 would not be enough to sustain vs an assassin. Probably MoC 4 wouldn't either. Would be interesting to try.

I would never get MoC 4 on SM either MoC 1, 3 or 5. The in between levels are not worth it imo, but for an animist just trying to sustain the dmg from an assassin, it might be enough, but I would think you would need MoC 5.

I hope this helps.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 7:14 PM by Voidedtransaction
vxr wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 7:00 PM
I am sorry for being speculative as I don't have an animist, but I can give you some feedback regarding SM lifetap
As an SM, when the pet is dead or not around to intercept, MoC 3 is just about enough to break even with the average assassin.

MoC 3: average target becomes 150dmg with an average of about 150 heal (due to variance on lt, this was mentioned in a previous post)

Keep in mind that
Delvs for 183

Delvs for 164

Considering this. I would say that MoC 3 would not be enough to sustain vs an assassin. Probably MoC 4 wouldn't either. Would be interesting to try.

I would never get MoC 4 on SM either MoC 1, 3 or 5. The in between levels are not worth it imo, but for an animist just trying to sustain the dmg from an assassin, it might be enough, but I would think you would need MoC 5.

I hope this helps.

Sadly Speculative information is not what I am looking for.. especially trying to speculate SM and Animist comparisons.

I know moc4 on a sm or moc5 works bc decent delve+90% hence why I didnt bring up SM's.. or Body cabs for that matter. 164 energy delve is very similar the same as a 179 body because the energy damage bonus give or take hence why I was wondering if any animist knew or even sorcerers.

I was merely asking if anyone had attempted it.. or has information on this server as a animist.

I can always test when I get home.. esp moc5 pd3 or moc4 pd5 bc lower rank ect . This is merely so if a player jumps me prior to setup.. he has to run/vanish/die over just collecting free animist rps.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 11:08 PM by gotwqqd
Voidedtransaction wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 7:14 PM
vxr wrote:

Keep in mind that
Delvs for 183

Delvs for 164

I hope this helps.

Sadly Speculative information is not what I am looking for.. especially trying to speculate SM and Animist comparisons.

I know moc4 on a sm or moc5 works bc decent delve+90% hence why I didnt bring up SM's.. or Body cabs for that matter. 164 energy delve is very similar the same as a 179 body because the energy damage bonus give or take hence why I was wondering if any animist knew or even sorcerers.

I was merely asking if anyone had attempted it.. or has information on this server as a animist.

I can always test when I get home.. esp moc5 pd3 or moc4 pd5 bc lower rank ect . This is merely so if a player jumps me prior to setup.. he has to run/vanish/die over just collecting free animist rps.
Those aren’t speculative
They are his numbers using Sm
And then comparing the Sm to animist
It gives plenty of info so as to give you a starting point.
He said an sm with no pet(that’s you) breaks even with moc3 @ a higher delve and higher return
So he’s laying it out that you will need moc4 likely moc5
Fri 22 Nov 2019 1:01 AM by Voidedtransaction
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 11:08 PM
Voidedtransaction wrote:
vxr wrote:

Keep in mind that
Delvs for 183

Delvs for 164

I hope this helps.

Those aren’t speculative
They are his numbers using Sm
And then comparing the Sm to animist
It gives plenty of info so as to give you a starting point.
He said an sm with no pet(that’s you) breaks even with moc3 @ a higher delve and higher return
So he’s laying it out that you will need moc4 likely moc5

I already knew ide need moc4 and likely moc5.. hence the question. Its cool tho moc5 seems to be the key.
Fri 22 Nov 2019 8:57 AM by Sepplord
what energy damage bonus?
Fri 22 Nov 2019 10:01 AM by BashPi
Voidedtransaction wrote:
vxr wrote:

Keep in mind that
Delvs for 183

Delvs for 164

I hope this helps.

that answer made me stop to give you any advice.
be kind. be thankful for help. and the given information made it possible to determine the necessary spec. jsut try on your own would be best here. close pls.
Fri 22 Nov 2019 4:43 PM by Voidedtransaction
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 8:57 AM

I believe at this patch level Armor vulnerabilities still exist for magic and energy has a bonus vs most armor types.

gotwqqd wrote: Those aren’t speculative

His first words are "I am sorry for being Speculative" It takes 2 moments to read and I don't believe I offended him with my response and if I did I apologize to VXR but normal people call that being direct. I had asked if any animist who had attempted it could tell me.. bc again a SM is a completely different monster in the MOC game considering his intercepting pet and 90% return as well has higher delve. I had soloed on a SM for years on live so I know very well how they compete hence why the comparison is not very close.. It was my fault for not elaborating experience.

BashPi wrote: that answer made me stop to give you any advice.
be kind. be thankful for help. and the given information made it possible to determine the necessary spec. jsut try on your own would be best here. close pls.

I would try not to scold people when your grasp of the English language seems to be a bit poor (I am sure it is better then any attempt I would have at writing your native tongue).

I figured it out myself but I appreciate the assistance from all.
Fri 22 Nov 2019 5:50 PM by BashPi
Voidedtransaction wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 4:43 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 8:57 AM

I believe at this patch level Armor vulnerabilities still exist for magic and energy has a bonus vs most armor types.

gotwqqd wrote: Those aren’t speculative

His first words are "I am sorry for being Speculative" It takes 2 moments to read and I don't believe I offended him with my response and if I did I apologize to VXR but normal people call that being direct. I had asked if any animist who had attempted it could tell me.. bc again a SM is a completely different monster in the MOC game considering his intercepting pet and 90% return as well has higher delve. I had soloed on a SM for years on live so I know very well how they compete hence why the comparison is not very close.. It was my fault for not elaborating experience.

BashPi wrote: that answer made me stop to give you any advice.

I would try not to scold people when your grasp of the English language seems to be a bit poor (I am sure it is better then any attempt I would have at writing your native tongue).

I figured it out myself but I appreciate the assistance from all.

it seems that even with my broken english (thanks for your "friendly" reminder) i managed it to make you thank for the given advice.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics