Changes to leveling

Started 9 Nov 2019
by Torye
in PvE
How are people liking the items turn in change for xp? I used to like actually getting those turn in items and seeing that extra xp really jump up. Now it seems like your bar doesn't move at all. I was leveling up a below 35 character with one other guildy and the leveling was painful. I'm surprised it was nerfed so severely since we really don't have a lot of people starting new characters. Am I missing something that was added to take place of the nerfed xp on task and item turn in? The tokens I got for task complete didn't move the bar much either.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 6:50 PM by Fenork
Noone Like this change.
They nerfed QoL, nerfed newcomers and rerollers.
A step into uthgard direction.
I love rvr, but we need smart xp for try more setups and more realms.

Xp before this patch was perfect
Sat 9 Nov 2019 10:53 PM by Sindralor
So I tried it out today and it seems to be pretty decent?
Did they increase turn in xp? Could maybe have a tad higher drop chance
/task realm is nice too to keep track of whats giving bonus xp

late edit: nm its torture at higher lvls
Sun 10 Nov 2019 6:57 AM by Torye
I didn't see a huge change to the xp today. I guess I'm just surprised that they changed something they didn't need to fix. Rumor has it that they didn't people to get to fifty in 24 hours of play time. I'm not sure why that's a bad thing. Like I've said, it's not like there are a ton of people starting new toons and logging on. Solo leveling is a bitch
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:33 PM by falcon
Fenork wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 6:50 PM
Noone Like this change.
They nerfed QoL, nerfed newcomers and rerollers.
A step into uthgard direction.
I love rvr, but we need smart xp for try more setups and more realms.

Xp before this patch was perfect

I like this change very much !
I dont understand complaint about last change, now rich have instant 50 and poor can earn 5-6P/hours killing greens with farm class (and dont cry if u dont have farm class its the 1st advice we give for several years...)

I could up my wizard level 30 full of dust up 35 in 10 seconds for 5P and can RVR & up 1-2 free level a day with fun (todays 42...) , and I have pleasure to farm again XP item now I know 1h of farming = 5P or 3 levels

Its a UP for XP/farming (my farm toons are back !) and a UP for RVR (I can test a new level 35 every week and have fun) so dev did a good job

F.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:37 PM by Wolfir666
falcon wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:33 PM
I could up my wizard level 30 full of dust up 35 in 10 seconds for 5P

Seriously'?

You paid 5P, for Level 30 to 35?

*coughs*

Actually just alone for this reason, that people like you spend 5P for leveling from 30 to 35.. i suddenly see a good thing in that patch :p

But in all honesty, wouldnt even a beach-pull, on the old beach, before the nerf, have been cheaper than that? ^^
Tue 12 Nov 2019 11:27 AM by Fenork
Ok lets see the differences for a new toon before and post change :

Prepatch :
-create a new toon
-fast solo xp until 15-20
- grp class? Spam /lfg and continue nice speed xp into 50 ( nice xp by mobs, tasks and task items)
-solo/stealther class? Farm task items, grow up slowly but decent

Post patch :
-create a new toon
-solo xp until 15-20
- go ah and shop task items, or log ur farm class (if u GoT it) and farm green mobs for ur new toon, or golds for buy them.
-first char or no farm classes? Im sorry, u need to farm xp items with low drop rate (and the xp u take now is 1/3 than before)

No more xp grps out, cause xp given by mobs/task is low.
All leveling experience is focused now on task items market, and prices are fool cause the low drop rates.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 4:14 PM by falcon
Fenork wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 11:27 AM

Prepatch :
-create a new toon
- grp class? Spam /lfg and continue nice speed xp into 50 ( nice xp by mobs, tasks and task items)

Post patch :
-create a new toon
-solo xp until 15-20
- go ah and shop task items, or log ur farm class (if u GoT it) and farm green mobs for ur new toon, or golds for buy them.
-first char or no farm classes? Im sorry, u need to farm xp items with low drop rate (and the xp u take now is 1/3 than before)

All leveling experience is focused now on task items market, and prices are fool cause the low drop rates.

Not agree
Prepatch : find a trebuchet kill 2 ennemies = instant 20, connect on keep and cross finger a new battle soon to up until 30
once 30 trebuchet not interesting anymore, no choice to xp slowly as hell (I had 15 chars level 30 who will never do RVR ^^)

Post Patch : once 30 buy 150 dunters heads (or kill them 1 by 1 during few hours if its your first char (do you really imagine new players today ???) and dont have 4P in bank if its too hard kill faery frogs should be green/blue for same result ^^) -> you are now 35
Go in rvr follow zerg and u will up 1 or 2 level a day without killing any more mobs (task, token...), you will be 50 in 2 weeks

Most of my 30 chars are now in RVR (I swap every hour for fun ^^) and if I need money I know I can farm for 4-6P a hour on green so everybody should be happy ^^

F.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 10:25 AM by Sepplord
you make it sound as if zerging around with the BG is fun, as a lvl35 lowlevel char...
many people do not like that playstyle at 50, and it really doesn't get more intresting when you are twoshot by random AoE-dots

Good for you that you found a way to have fun in the new system
Wed 13 Nov 2019 11:27 AM by Keelia
I leveled from 27 to 36 in less than 2 hours no XP items, just had a good group doing 200% mobs. I think you’re doing it wrong.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:10 PM by Goforit
Problem is maybe finding this good group...
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:04 PM by chryso
Keelia wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 11:27 AM
I leveled from 27 to 36 in less than 2 hours no XP items, just had a good group doing 200% mobs. I think you’re doing it wrong.

Invite plz.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:30 PM by Roger_Rabbit
falcon wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 4:14 PM
Fenork wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 11:27 AM

Prepatch :
-create a new toon

Post patch :
-create a new toon
-solo xp until 15-20

Not agree
Prepatch : find a trebuchet kill 2 ennemies = instant 20, connect on keep and cross finger a new battle soon to up until 30
once 30 trebuchet not interesting anymore, no choice to xp slowly as hell (I had 15 chars level 30 who will never do RVR ^^)

Post Patch : once 30 buy 150 dunters heads (or kill them 1 by 1 during few hours if its your first char (do you really imagine new players today ???) and dont have 4P in bank if its too hard kill faery frogs should be green/blue for same result ^^) -> you are now 35
Go in rvr follow zerg and u will up 1 or 2 level a day without killing any more mobs (task, token...), you will be 50 in 2 weeks

Most of my 30 chars are now in RVR (I swap every hour for fun ^^) and if I need money I know I can farm for 4-6P a hour on green so everybody should be happy ^^

F.

what green mob is this that you make that much on?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:38 PM by falcon
Roger_Rabbit wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:30 PM
what green mob is this that you make that much on?

Any mob who drop xp items ! I sold 50 fishing fly 50 gold each in 5mn (green/blue for my cabal 50, but if u don't have 50 it works at 20 30 40... just hit xp item mob under your level...)

Price of xp item was about 15gold each, 40 gold each today, and drop rate is not so bad (10-50% seem depend of color)
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:21 AM by snayan17
What made this server one of the best was lvling and farming was not bad. So why are we screwing with that? Lvling feels like im back on Uthgard again. We need the Population to get better these changes don't help. This is a step in the wrong direction. Is broadsword paying someone off to kill the server?
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:47 PM by falcon
snayan17 wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:21 AM
What made this server one of the best was lvling and farming was not bad. So why are we screwing with that? Lvling feels like im back on Uthgard again. We need the Population to get better these changes don't help. This is a step in the wrong direction. Is broadsword paying someone off to kill the server?

So they increase leveling speed and increase farming interest in same patch, what is your problem ?
One more level 40 ready for RVR done in 10 mn today 5mn Trebuchet to UP 25 and 2 PNJ to see with xp items sleeping in my chest (can be bought for 3P or farm in 30mn...)
(only problem he's nude and never killed a mob :p )

Stop whinning and stop trust people who didnt see we have now /level 50 a day if we want...
The real problem is XP is now too fast and no need to group or find friends...
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:54 PM by Sepplord
falcon wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:47 PM
snayan17 wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:21 AM

So they increase leveling speed and increase farming interest in same patch, what is your problem ?
One more level 40 ready for RVR done in 10 mn today 5mn Trebuchet to UP 25 and 2 PNJ to see with xp items sleeping in my chest (can be bought for 3P or farm in 30mn...)
(only problem he's nude and never killed a mob :p )

Stop whinning and stop trust people who didnt see we have now /level 50 a day if we want...
The real problem is XP is now too fast and no need to group or find friends...

screenshot of your level40 with 10minutes /played or i'm not buying it

even if it is theoretically possible, i doubt it can be reproduced regularly and without much preparation. But i really doubt it's doable at all
Thu 14 Nov 2019 7:09 PM by Keelia
chryso wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:04 PM
Keelia wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 11:27 AM

Invite plz.

Was a solid bomb group and followed the mob % as best as we could
Fri 15 Nov 2019 12:35 AM by falcon
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:54 PM

even if it is theoretically possible, i doubt it can be reproduced regularly and without much preparation. But i really doubt it's doable at all

Ok too much 40+ to play this week, but next one I will do it ^^
for the 30 1st level u need to be level 1 on the good keep at the good moment (the tip is to have one level 1 on each keep ! :p ) and need 2 differents XP item (dunter heads + another one) so maybe 5mn enough :p
Fri 15 Nov 2019 7:17 AM by Sepplord
falcon wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 12:35 AM
Sepplord wrote:

for the 30 1st level u need to be level 1 on the good keep at the good moment (the tip is to have one level 1 on each keep ! :p ) and need 2 differents XP item (dunter heads + another one) so maybe 5mn enough :p

Could you describe the process better? I am very skeptical. To be honest, even 1hour to 30 solo, sounds incredible and too good to be true.

What is "good keep"?
What is "good moment"?
Why do you instantly get many level ups, instead of them being staggered to max. 1level up per XP gain?
Sorry, but there are too many people simply spreading misinformation around and this sounds really unbelievable.

Best case i can imagine, is that it is some kind of staged thing, like a screenshot i have with over 200k RP/hour. Simply because i LDed and logged in right before task tick, and got a huge task while only being online a few seconds. It's not representative of actual time/effort spend
Fri 15 Nov 2019 11:50 AM by falcon
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 7:17 AM
falcon wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 12:35 AM
Sepplord wrote:

Could you describe the process better? I am very skeptical. To be honest, even 1hour to 30 solo, sounds incredible and too good to be true.

What is "good keep"?
What is "good moment"?
Why do you instantly get many level ups, instead of them being staggered to max. 1level up per XP gain?
Sorry, but there are too many people simply spreading misinformation around and this sounds really unbelievable.

Best case i can imagine, is that it is some kind of staged thing, like a screenshot i have with over 200k RP/hour. Simply because i LDed and logged in right before task tick, and got a huge task while only being online a few seconds. It's not representative of actual time/effort spend

Just need to kill 3 or 4 trolls with a trebuchet to up 20, I don't know how it works and if "works as intended" 1st one we are blocked with 10 bubbles level 2 then each kill or partial kill (I remember original game block at 10 bubble level 5 for example when u forgot to see your trainer but remember XP u earn after, so see the trainer sometimes up level 6 or 7) up 1 level, so 3 kill alone + 17 hit (killed by zerg few mn later) enough to up 20 or 25

We can do that until 30 (but longer, need 1 or 2 new battles, just connect to not use your precious time if u want to up 40 less 10mn played :p) after 30 each kill = 1 or 2 bubble so XP items are better to up 35 ^^ and once 35 you are 50 of course (instant if u are rich (need 2 or 3 xp item * 150) or in 1 or 2 weeks sticking in rvr even solo)
Fri 15 Nov 2019 1:59 PM by Insanity84
its nerfed already:

Latest Patch Notes
2019-11-15 Friday
siege weapons in level 50 rvr zones now require level 41 to control them
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:09 PM by falcon
Insanity84 wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 1:59 PM
its nerfed already:

Latest Patch Notes
2019-11-15 Friday

The problem when we find a nice tip and we share them, nerf always come fast, so I keep my next tip for myself only ^^

I'm not sure it was exploit/abuse to up few levels when you are level 1 killing a archi purple level 50, still possible now if level 50 is afk :p

Glad to had fun & have few levels 30 before nerf :p
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:30 PM by Sepplord
falcon wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:09 PM
Insanity84 wrote:
its nerfed already:

Latest Patch Notes
2019-11-15 Friday

The problem when we find a nice tip and we share them, nerf always come fast, so I keep my next tip for myself only ^^

I'm not sure it was exploit/abuse to up few levels when you are level 1 killing a archi purple level 50, still possible now if level 50 is afk :p

yeah, probably was too good to be true (intended)
But adds credibility to how easy it has been

sorry for getting your method nerfed by nagging about it
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:36 PM by falcon
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:30 PM
falcon wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:09 PM
Insanity84 wrote:
its nerfed already:

Latest Patch Notes
2019-11-15 Friday

yeah, probably was too good to be true (intended)
But adds credibility to how easy it has been

sorry for getting your method nerfed by nagging about it

No more room in my char list, not a problem for me but sad for newcomers ^^ I just ask this patch day have my name :p thx to dev to read us and react fast (we will be more careful next time we find another way to up 50 in less 15mn, I have few more idea )
Fri 15 Nov 2019 5:48 PM by MorboNinja
I want to say, thank you to the devs and server team for all their hard work in bringing this server to life and continuing this project of passion. With that said, I mean this as an unbiased perspective and hope that it can be viewed as honest feedback. This XP adjustment is truly disheartening. As a newcomer to both DAoC and Phoenix, and having played pre-XP adjustment patch and post-XP adjustment patch, I've noticed a tremendous increase in time to level, especially solo as often I can't find a group since my class isn't desired for optimal leveling speed, which in turn requires me to solo. And pre-XP adjustment, solo I could gain three to four levels within a single play session ranging from 1 to 3 hours at a time, now, post-XP adjustment and I login for three hours and only manage to get about four bubbles of experience, turn in XP items for another bubble and a half, maybe two bubbles if I'm lucky. Since I'm new, I don't have hundreds of thousands of platinum to blow on XP items, and even buying the outrageously expensive (500g per stack of 10 XP items), I'm left with no money and not even a level off those items. I understand the explanation given by the devs, people were complaining about the bugs with XP items not allowing for all ten to be turned in, and the over abundance of other complications with the old system but this new system effectively makes me not want to play as even grinding my highest class (BD at 34), while I can effectively solo and might find a group willing to take me, it's become a huge time sink and not very fun when all I want to do is get to 50 to experience RvR. Otherwise, I would have turned XP off and stayed in Thid, even though I was not really having fun being face stomped by all the temp'd twinks running around two shotting me, at least I was able to participate in RvR where as now, at level 34, if I step foot in FZ I'll be insta-gibbed by all the 50s. Either way, I wish the devs would look at the community's feedback and how the majority does not seem to like this XP adjustment and would prefer the old system instead.
Sat 16 Nov 2019 1:07 PM by falcon
MorboNinja wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 5:48 PM

I don't understand this complaint again, XP was considerably up last patch, and rumors + fake news tell the opposite, don't follow them, use your farm class (yes you always need a farm class, in classic, here before and after patch...) even low level (cabal matter 18 enough for example) to bring u enough money and or xp item to up your main class in less 5H to level 35 then no need to kill any more mobs, once 35 you are 50 in rvr (in few seconds or few days depend of your money left) so before crying & left us at 34, just finish your 35 and come back with your 50 next week with your apologises :p

Old system was better to up fast until 30 (siege nerf did a big nerf to instant 25 not xp nerf !) then nothing, 30-35 was a nightmare, today all my 30 are 40-45 and have fun in RVR and 50 next week, few never killed 1 mob :p

The target is to bring more people in rvr -> done and give more interest to farm -> done (level 20 I'm sure I can do 4P a hour not so bad, enough to UP 4 levels on any class any level using xp item or sell them and buying xp items u want, even xp items drop on greens mobs sold 60g each often, I have screens) add eggs, token, loot... and you are 30 in less 5H, just need to find or buy 150 level 30 xp item and your XP is finished...

F.

Ps: and if someone dare to say its too slow and he doesnt want kill 1 hour of mob a day during 1 week and be 50 next one, maybe mmorpg not done for him :p

(of course if u dont use xp item, dont use your eggs/token, and want absolutely xp old school solo or with friend with a paladin killing mobs 1 by 1, u can on classic or uthgard, I remember needed 1 or 2 years to up 50 like that 18yr ago :p)
Sat 16 Nov 2019 1:56 PM by gotwqqd
falcon wrote:
Sat 16 Nov 2019 1:07 PM
MorboNinja wrote:

I don't understand this complaint again, XP was considerably up last patch, and rumors + fake news tell the opposite, don't follow them, use your farm class (yes you always need a farm class, in classic, here before and after patch...) even low level (cabal matter 18 enough for example) to bring u enough money and or xp item to up your main class in less 5H to level 35 then no need to kill any more mobs, once 35 you are 50 in rvr (in few seconds or few days depend of your money left) so before crying & left us at 34, just finish your 35 and come back with your 50 next week with your apologises :p

Old system was better to up fast until 30 (siege nerf did a big nerf to instant 25 not xp nerf !) then nothing, 30-35 was a nightmare, today all my 30 are 40-45 and have fun in RVR and 50 next week, few never killed 1 mob :p

The target is to bring more people in rvr -> done and give more interest to farm -> done (level 20 I'm sure I can do 4P a hour not so bad, enough to UP 4 levels on any class any level using xp item or sell them and buying xp items u want, even xp items drop on greens mobs sold 60g each often, I have screens) add eggs, token, loot... and you are 30 in less 5H, just need to find or buy 150 level 30 xp item and your XP is finished...

F.

Ps: and if someone dare to say its too slow and he doesnt want kill 1 hour of mob a day during 1 week and be 50 next one, maybe mmorpg not done for him :p

(of course if u dont use xp item, dont use your eggs/token, and want absolutely xp old school solo or with friend with a paladin killing mobs 1 by 1, u can on classic or uthgard, I remember needed 1 or 2 years to up 50 like that 18yr ago :p)
Stop with your horseshit narrative.
It’s baseless on so many levels.

This patch was supposed to make it so all classes could XP’s a closer rate.
That completely counter to your “guide” needing a farming class, first mind you, and a bank load of cash
Sat 16 Nov 2019 4:15 PM by falcon
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 16 Nov 2019 1:56 PM
This patch was supposed to make it so all classes could XP’s a closer rate.
That completely counter to your “guide” needing a farming class, first mind you, and a bank load of cash

Anyone who can kill a green now xp faster than ever what do u want more ???
now if u prefer to kill green 1 by 1 or 10 by 10 its YOUR choice, and for second case char level 18 enough, not so difficult...

My bank always at 0, u didnt understood money = level now, why keep many money in bank when u can up any of your char instead faster than light ? (and dont need 50P for that, 5 enough to up 35 = 1h of farm (2 if you start from 0 and need a farm char level 18...)

F.
Sat 16 Nov 2019 7:23 PM by MorboNinja
falcon wrote:
Sat 16 Nov 2019 1:07 PM
MorboNinja wrote:

F.

Maybe you missed the part of my post that stated, "I am a newcomer to both DAoC and Phoenix." Does that mean I have a farm class leveled? No, it means I picked a class that I thought was enjoyable (Bonedancer) and invested time to level it. Am I able to effectively farm on my Bonedancer? Yes, and no. I'm unable to consistently pull multiple blues/yellows and kill them without being out of power and having to sit for two minutes to rejuvenate. That could be considered, I need to "get good". But, my point is, we shouldn't need a farm class to level and enjoy the main feature of the game, RvR. I don't want to spend 80+ hours to get to 50 under this new system in order to farm for XP items to sell/use to level. I just want to get a class I enjoy to 50 in a reasonable time and start RvRing. This new XP patch makes getting to 50 considerably longer, where as before it was said you could get to 50 in less than 24 hours /played. And now, I'm at 23 hours /played and only lvl 34 on my Bonedancer. If you can't see, from the perspective of a completely new player, who is not drowning in plat and doesn't have 50s on each realm to include farm classes, then maybe you should delete all your characters and start over and see it from our point of view. Otherwise, you don't know what I'm talking about as you are one of those that has the edge already by having a farm class, by having plat, by having multiple 50s so of course this XP patch isn't "that bad" for you. For us new players, it's a wide gap, and one that I don't feel I even want to close, I would rather invest my time elsewhere if I'm going to have to grind what limited time I have to enjoy a game, I'll enjoy that time elsewhere.
Sat 16 Nov 2019 11:47 PM by falcon
MorboNinja wrote:
Sat 16 Nov 2019 7:23 PM
"I am a newcomer to both DAoC and Phoenix." Does that mean I have a farm class leveled? No, it means I picked a class that I thought was enjoyable (Bonedancer) and invested time to level it.

You didnt read my answer neither, having a farm class 50 is a big handicap to up a level 20-30 (all mobs u need are grey ^^) no choice to farm level 40, sell them and buy 20-30 items... (thats why I up a new farm 35 to help my babies ^^)

Having a farm class its just the 1st advice we always give to all beginners, before and after patch, and no need to be 50, on alb 19 cabal matter enough to kill 10-15 yellows at the same time, without pause (infinite mana on cabal after 18) it will provide all money, equipment, and xp item u need...
(Don't know how time u need to up 18 or 19, before nerf siege it was 15 seconds, after maybe 1-2 hours, its a good investment !)

you are new so maybe you dont know few tips, like taking few towers (3 mini) with zerg to be 2L0 in 10mn and having ALL RA u need to xp fast (serenity...)
(and with farm class u drop 200 fires a day so no problem of mana or life :p)
Sun 17 Nov 2019 4:07 AM by Veryvery
For all of those saying, "really new players today!?!?!" Yes. I am a new player. I have a level 30 Ranger now. These xp changes have severely hampered my leveling ability as I'm unable to get a group and am left solo grinding.

That's fine, it reminds me of original DAoC but I did really enjoy the gameplay experience from my 1st two weeks here.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 6:22 AM by Freedomcall
Veryvery wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 4:07 AM
For all of those saying, "really new players today!?!?!" Yes. I am a new player. I have a level 30 Ranger now. These xp changes have severely hampered my leveling ability as I'm unable to get a group and am left solo grinding.

That's fine, it reminds me of original DAoC but I did really enjoy the gameplay experience from my 1st two weeks here.

This is still 10 times faster than original DAoC, thou.
If you want to feel the real pain, I suggest you try Uthgard.
I had to spend literally 10 hours to make my chanter 50 from 49 in a full bomb grp in CF fins.
And if you solo on uthgard, you should spend 80% of the time sitting cuz health/power regen sucks there unlike here.

We have xp loots, phoenix egg, soil/branch/snow, task reward, and mob type 50~200% bonus.
Not to mention all these teleports, RoG weapon/armor drops, tinderbox and fast regen while sitting greatly helps.

I understand some players are frustrated because of the last patch, and I also doubt if it was ever needed.
But this xp gain is still very far from the good ole days.
I just think you need more infos on the mob location for mob type bonus.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 8:41 AM by falcon
Freedomcall wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 6:22 AM

+1 !
People who kill 200% xp bonus in frontier zone who drop xp item don't know their luck ^^

Veryvery wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 4:07 AM
.. These xp changes have severely hampered my leveling ability as I'm unable to get a group...

I prefer to read that, its a good argument, not xp worst than before, but "I'm new I don't know tips, and I can't find groups anymore"

It's true it should be more difficult to find a xp group today because 90% of people doesn't xp anymore since /instant 50 exist (not official but virtually...)

Old players have done 10-20 times epic dungeon and did lot of RVR = about 100000 feathers (I have 500000 and hate sidi :p ) in their chest = 30 P
and now gold = XP, 30 P = 30 free levels (but nobody buy xp item from 1 to 30 but maybe 20 to 35 and finish up 50 in rvr in few days) = 2 free levels 50...
So yes forget groups next weeks until all xp items reserve & feathers used by old players ^^ (do a farming toon waiting better days :p )

If you are poor and don't want follow our advice to have at least a toon farm level 19 (cabal matter is the best (animist should be good too ^^), and don't forget if u are not alb, u can transfert your money (so your xp...) to your realm and play class u really want 4h later now...) just do 2 epic dungeon a week (not a problem if you are low level, forget Rogs just need to do 1 damage to the mob for feather with your staff and run to avoid aoe :p ) = 9P = 9 free levels perfect to up 26-35 the most difficult to up solo if u are poor...

F.
Wed 27 Nov 2019 10:15 PM by falcon
Guide to up fast after "nerf" posted in albion folder
Sat 30 Nov 2019 1:56 AM by Azrael
nice logic on this.
So, there are no more groups out because all people (except you) farm this xp stuff with their alts and push their toon to 50. Sooo, everbody except you? You guys wanna group up with all the other exceptions who creating qq threads about this topic?
Sat 30 Nov 2019 3:58 AM by gotwqqd
Azrael wrote:
Sat 30 Nov 2019 1:56 AM
nice logic on this.
So, there are no more groups out because all people (except you) farm this xp stuff with their alts and push their toon to 50. Sooo, everbody except you? You guys wanna group up with all the other exceptions who creating qq threads about this topic?

Looks like your responding in wrong thread

And what can I say, finding a group has been pretty much abysmal for me aside from my wizard who gets one now and then. There is no denying that the grouping environment hasn’t opened up to new classes and simply made xp slower for soloers
Sat 30 Nov 2019 1:37 PM by Lillebror
6-20 in hour with random ppl. What kill it is for whatever strange reason one log, all of a sudden all have something else to do.
Its very symptomatic if you for some reason get ganked.
Sat 30 Nov 2019 2:34 PM by Wolfir666
Lillebror wrote:
Sat 30 Nov 2019 1:37 PM
6-20 in hour with random ppl. What kill it is for whatever strange reason one log, all of a sudden all have something else to do.
Its very symptomatic if you for some reason get ganked.

That's normal human behaviour out of several reasons:
1) some don't like something in the group or think its too annoying
2) some are getting so very bored in a while doing PvE
3) some are wanting to play with somebody else together who appeared online
4) some are having something to do still in RL

--> and since most people do not like to be the first one to say "i'm leaving" they just more or less wait for some reason to do it, so it doesnt appear so sudden or with some effort to get a replacement. So basically as soon as the group wipes and one ends up back at the bindstone/frontiertown, several people at once leave the group, as it now seems fitting in time ^^

By the way, one of the many reasons, why it's so much fun to XP alone, you can plan your own coming and going, you can plan what to do, when to do it, and you are always open for changes in plans.
If you join a group, you are somehow bound to that group for a while, and that can be pretty troublesome if you don't exactly know, when you have to leave or when somebody else shows up online.
Sat 30 Nov 2019 4:22 PM by Torye
It was just easier to level before by yourself or in a group. I still don't understand why it's been changed.
Wed 4 Dec 2019 4:15 PM by falcon
Torye wrote:
Sat 30 Nov 2019 4:22 PM
It was just easier to level before by yourself or in a group. I still don't understand why it's been changed.

Not true, nothing change until 20 (2 hours needed, 1 or 2 levels are now free with tokens (3 or 4 if u have friend or another char ^^))
20-35 faster (Token+unlimited XP items, no need to move to another spot when u have 1 stack ^^ now 2 differents mobs enough to up 33, grims+frogs on alb for example)

After 35 its incredibly faster than before, before need 2-3 weeks stick to BG lead to up 50, now 1 week enough (with tokens and possibility to buy 50 or 100 xp same item only with money earn in RVR, creams are cheap on alb for example)

Now u said "easier" not "faster", maybe more hard to find group right (/who 10 20 return 5 sometimes so stop searching something doesn't exist anymore :p )
and maybe boring to hit the same mob during 2 hours (but much faster !) and don't forget if u don't like XP, once 35, XP is finished for u so is it a great sacrifice to spend half day hitting the same mob again and again and never hit a mob anymore next years ? ^^
Wed 4 Dec 2019 11:16 PM by gromet12
falcon wrote:
Wed 4 Dec 2019 4:15 PM
Torye wrote:

Not true, nothing change until 20 (2 hours needed, 1 or 2 levels are now free with tokens (3 or 4 if u have friend or another char ^^))
20-35 faster (Token+unlimited XP items, no need to move to another spot when u have 1 stack ^^ now 2 differents mobs enough to up 33, grims+frogs on alb for example)

After 35 its incredibly faster than before, before need 2-3 weeks stick to BG lead to up 50, now 1 week enough (with tokens and possibility to buy 50 or 100 xp same item only with money earn in RVR, creams are cheap on alb for example)

Now u said "easier" not "faster", maybe more hard to find group right (/who 10 20 return 5 sometimes so stop searching something doesn't exist anymore :p )
and maybe boring to hit the same mob during 2 hours (but much faster !) and don't forget if u don't like XP, once 35, XP is finished for u so is it a great sacrifice to spend half day hitting the same mob again and again and never hit a mob anymore next years ? ^^

Considering you probably have not leveled w/o assistance from your mains (cash/gold/etc etc) you do not know how the changes truly hit new players. I lvl'd SOLO 1-50 in the previous setup finishing just prior to the changes as a fresh new player to the server, I'm now helping a friend on a different realm and the leveling is worse than prior, this is while getting a 40% social bonus between our characters. It is faster than it was years ago on life, but still, the purpose of this game is not to spend time grinding to lvl 50, so it should be made easier to get to 50 not harder. When server population is going down, that is the opposite logic that should be applied.
Thu 5 Dec 2019 11:55 PM by Torye
falcon wrote:
Wed 4 Dec 2019 4:15 PM
Torye wrote:

Nope, I meant what I said. It was easier to get to fifty before this change. I don't need to level another toon so I am good, but I would like to have new players enjoy their leveling. Again, I don't mean to harp on this, but your reason for liking this change is because you can make more money and Jack up prices for items you farm. I'm cool with that, it just doesn't change the fact that it was more pleasant to level on the other system for most people.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:49 AM by falcon
gromet12 wrote:
Wed 4 Dec 2019 11:16 PM
Considering you probably have not leveled w/o assistance from your mains (cash/gold/etc etc) you do not know how the changes truly hit new players.

Wrong I post guide in alb folder to up 50 in 24H with 0 gold starting 0 level (of course u need another char to help a bit but level 20 enough)
Just explain me how XP could be slower when DEV added 2 cheat modes (token+unlimited xp item) to up faster ?

Torye wrote: your reason for liking this change is because you can make more money and Jack up prices for items you farm. I'm cool with that, it just doesn't change the fact that it was more pleasant to level on the other system for most people.

Wrong again, never was so poor now I understood each gold earned = XP so tell me the interest to have 200P I prefer 100x have 20 levels 50 and swap depending my humor ^^ each XP item drop are now for one of my toon (and it explain maybe why price are so expensive, and hard to find XP item anymore, farmer keep them for their chars ^^)

I farm dunters today for my next TWF (0 avaiable marketplace or 1P/10 not mines ^^)

My only treasure are Feathers earn in RVR (about 500000 I do Sidi once a year...) never sold 1 , to do what ? (if I sold them one day it will be to do 10 more levels 50 but I have already too much :p )

Again I don't understand the sentence "XP was more pleasant with old system" ? because u XP in group with fun during 3 months instead of 3 hours solo ? :p (its the only answer I would accept :p )
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:31 PM by gromet12
falcon wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 10:49 AM
gromet12 wrote:
Wed 4 Dec 2019 11:16 PM
Considering you probably have not leveled w/o assistance from your mains (cash/gold/etc etc) you do not know how the changes truly hit new players.

Wrong I post guide in alb folder to up 50 in 24H with 0 gold starting 0 level (of course u need another char to help a bit but level 20 enough)
Just explain me how XP could be slower when DEV added 2 cheat modes (token+unlimited xp item) to up faster ?

So again you farm drops on another character and just PLd yourself by pre farming drops and purchasing them.

You like the system because it makes you wealthy as a pver in a game not really exciting for pve. Someone in old system go get 1 turn ins quickly farmed and get almost a lvl of xp the new system is horrible. If the token turn ins worked the same that would be fine, however they are like half of what 10 stack turn in would give in the old system.

Turned in 23 metal studs yesterday at 36, after farming non stop goblins from 31 (hours here), not even enough for a lvl if I wasn’t already close to 37
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:49 PM by Sepplord
don't waste your efforts arguing with falcon, it's a waste of time
Fri 6 Dec 2019 2:05 PM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:49 PM
don't waste your efforts arguing with falcon, it's a waste of time

Half of his up50 in 24 hours is contradicted by himself. No more items on market to buy. So now all the plat you are rolling in is useless regarding buying drops to give to alts...so you just doubled your time to level.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 4:14 PM by falcon
gromet12 wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 1:31 PM
So again you farm drops on another character and just PLd yourself by pre farming drops and purchasing them.
Turned in 23 metal studs yesterday at 36, after farming non stop goblins from 31 (hours here), not even enough for a lvl if I wasn’t already close to 37

Only to have various pleasure and divide the time to up by 3 or 4, but if u want only 1 char (totally madness, before & after changes, from the beginning of this game we need always another char to help main ones to equip and now to up , only change)

You can do the same with only 1 char, but only need more time and probably boring ^^ (spent 1H yesterday to up 15-20, happy xp is now finished for me ^^)

You have the choice to up a farm char to 20 in 2 hours and main char to 35 in 4 hours or only main char in 12h, do what u want if u like waste your time (and once 50 u realize u need a farm char to equip your main :p )

And once again its totally masochism to keep on killing mobs after 35 when you can up twice a day for free every day in RVR ^^

As I said in another thread, u need only 2 or 3 differents xp items to up your main char (all farmed by your level 20+ you need to buy 0 items...) if you really want to up 50 in less 24h spears + cream are very common & cheap all cabal farm them non stop, for 30g each but you waste your money, up is already too fast in NF (and if u don't like to stick just need to kill 1 blue/hour in frontier and give 50 soil to supply every 30mn to up one level a day (2 if u stick and do few rvr task (towers, guards, defend...))

Don't forget all I do is to up fast your main char from 20 to 35 (the worst levels) so finally you will play your main char 99,9% of time (0-20 and 35-50 RR0-RR10 this year :p ) need to sacrifice 4h of your life with a farm char for that, I think it is not a so great sacrifice, so stop whining thx
Fri 6 Dec 2019 7:17 PM by Torye
I just want to make sure new players don't listen to his crazy talk. That's the only reason I reply.
Fri 6 Dec 2019 8:12 PM by Wolfir666
Torye wrote:
Fri 6 Dec 2019 7:17 PM
I just want to make sure new players don't listen to his crazy talk. That's the only reason I reply.

Yay, i fully agree with you!
I've to admit, i gave up responding to falcon's stuff, but of course you are right, can't have him have the last word, cause everybody else is tired of responding to him, else people will think thats the common opinion he's posting *lol*
Sat 7 Dec 2019 1:04 PM by falcon
In fact you contest the fact in daoc a second char often needed to help main ones ? (you discovered the game last week ? :p )

In my plan I use a second char level 20, 4 or 5h in life of main char to help him xp faster 20-35 and no need it anymore, no need to buy anything...

In most other ways you will probably need a second char 50 and farm 200 hours to equip your main ones, but do what you like the goal is to have fun
Sun 8 Dec 2019 1:57 AM by Torye
So the thing I wanted people to see was that Falcone likes the changes because he likes the money and the task items that he jacks the price up on for his realm mates so he can make more money. He's leveling to make money not really a toon for rvr. Now this is all OK because everyone has their own reason for playing the game, but he's trying to sell this as leveling as easy as it was before. It's an easier way to make more money and to get items for ripping off your rich realm mates, but it's harder to level up an rvr toon. Why they changed it from the non broken much more user friendly leveling to this is a puzzle to many.
Sun 8 Dec 2019 6:22 AM by gotwqqd
Torye wrote:
Sun 8 Dec 2019 1:57 AM
So the thing I wanted people to see was that Falcone likes the changes because he likes the money and the task items that he jacks the price up on for his realm mates so he can make more money. He's leveling to make money not really a toon for rvr. Now this is all OK because everyone has their own reason for playing the game, but he's trying to sell this as leveling as easy as it was before. It's an easier way to make more money and to get items for ripping off your rich realm mates, but it's harder to level up an rvr toon. Why they changed it from the non broken much more user friendly leveling to this is a puzzle to many.
It was SUPPOSED to force more grouping...I haven’t seen it.
I’ve had more trouble than ever getting xp groups.
Sun 8 Dec 2019 11:11 AM by falcon
Torye wrote:

Wrong, I like XP fast and spend 99% of my time in RVR instead of hitting same mob again and again (I stopped all my farming cabal before change, much more fun to farm trolls :p ) my chest was empty nothing to sell, after change cabal & necro are back

If target of DEV is to bring more people in RVR (20-35 can be done in 2 hours unstead of 2 months) and more people back to farm (now farm = XP not money, never understood interest of money in this game when u can have 5-10P afk in few hours... sidi can be done 10 times last week, do the calcul...) the goal is a success, no need to spend many times in PVE anymore (I still wait anyone who tell me why its slowest than before after unlimited xp items & tokens...)

All xp items go for my rvr toons, so my chest still empty and nothing to sell as usually

The only change I see, its probably more difficult to find a group and XP as in classic DAOC, the reason is +90% of people doesnt XP anymore (they are all 35+ in few hours or already 50 in few seconds if they had few P after patch) the 10% left maybe didn't understood this fantastic UP that's why I'm here and tell them how to up 35 in 4H and 50 in 20H on my guide (without money or buying XP item), but if they are closeminded and want absolutely XP as before in group of 8 during several months with beers and laught, I can't do nothing for them :p
Sun 8 Dec 2019 3:26 PM by gromet12
falcon wrote:
Sun 8 Dec 2019 11:11 AM
Torye wrote:

Wrong, I like XP fast and spend 99% of my time in RVR instead of hitting same mob again and again (I stopped all my farming cabal before change, much more fun to farm trolls :p ) my chest was empty nothing to sell, after change cabal & necro are back

If target of DEV is to bring more people in RVR (20-35 can be done in 2 hours unstead of 2 months) and more people back to farm (now farm = XP not money, never understood interest of money in this game when u can have 5-10P afk in few hours... sidi can be done 10 times last week, do the calcul...) the goal is a success, no need to spend many times in PVE anymore (I still wait anyone who tell me why its slowest than before after unlimited xp items & tokens...)

All xp items go for my rvr toons, so my chest still empty and nothing to sell as usually

The only change I see, its probably more difficult to find a group and XP as in classic DAOC, the reason is +90% of people doesnt XP anymore (they are all 35+ in few hours or already 50 in few seconds if they had few P after patch) the 10% left maybe didn't understood this fantastic UP that's why I'm here and tell them how to up 35 in 4H and 50 in 20H on my guide (without money or buying XP item), but if they are closeminded and want absolutely XP as before in group of 8 during several months with beers and laught, I can't do nothing for them :p

What game did you play to take 2 months at the old system? I casually leveled a sneak to 50 solo, geared him farming for plats in a 99% very good template, and reached rr5L1 in less time than that playing casual. I also have a champ/vw in thid, and some albs trying to figure out what I wanted to play.
Sun 8 Dec 2019 3:57 PM by falcon
gromet12 wrote:
Sun 8 Dec 2019 3:26 PM
What game did you play to take 2 months at the old system? I casually leveled a sneak to 50 solo, geared him farming for plats in a 99% very good template, and reached rr5L1 in less time than that playing casual. I also have a champ/vw in thid, and some albs trying to figure out what I wanted to play.

I talk about people who prefer chatting and change spot every 5mn and wait the 7 others always AFK, of course I hope all old players now up 50 in 16H and 5L in 48H, but its new players who don't want to listen old players who whining xp is now bad & slow ... (just need to change their practice and drop the LFG spamming chat loosing their Time ^^)
And don't tell me "I'm cleric, I need group to UP..." (I UP a cleric 50 alone too, very good to XP with smite especially after 40 with good stun ^^)
Sun 8 Dec 2019 4:04 PM by gotwqqd
falcon wrote:
Sun 8 Dec 2019 3:57 PM
gromet12 wrote:
Sun 8 Dec 2019 3:26 PM

I talk about people who prefer chatting and change spot every 5mn and wait the 7 others always AFK, of course I hope all old players now up 50 in 16H and 5L in 48H, but its new players who don't want to listen old players who whining xp is now bad & slow ... (just need to change their practice and drop the LFG spamming chat loosing their Time ^^)
And don't tell me "I'm cleric, I need group to UP..." (I UP a cleric 50 alone too, very good to XP with smite especially after 40 with good stun ^^)
Inane...
Previously I could solo to 50, mind you 100% with the
Character I want leveled, in 24 hours or less depending on class. Your way off thinking it took months for 10-15 levels.
The new system is inferior in EVERY way if trying to level in shortest time played (I care less where the time is spent) except for those that simply buy ALL the turn ins for themselves to level a class. And then I beg to ask...Is this bringing play to groups?
Sun 8 Dec 2019 8:52 PM by falcon
gotwqqd wrote:
Sun 8 Dec 2019 4:04 PM
The new system is inferior in EVERY way if trying to level in shortest time played (I care less where the time is spent) except for those that simply buy ALL the turn ins for themselves to level a class. And then I beg to ask...Is this bringing play to groups?

I posted a guide to up any char in less 24H with 0 gold without buying any XP item (or only with money earned in playing with your new char if u want to earn 2 or 3 free levels ) of course u need help of a second char (as usually for 20 years ^^) level 20 enough only if u choose a tank class (no need for mage on alb) especially since I found killing mob 1 by 1 is more fast than I thought for XP items (aoe nerf see my thread in PVE folder)

Tell me how your xp solo is now slowest than before (no need to move anymore, need only 3 spots to up 35 after 20 !)
on alb once u have your 100 grim 100 frog eyes and 100 key of the lost, xp is finished... (Ok need maybe 8-12 hours, but half day of XP and no need to xp anymore is it really a pain a so great sacrifice ?)

Edit not 8-12h exactelly 10H no more no less since I understood how xp items drop formula

so you just need to up 20 (need 1h30-3h depend of your class) and 10h of farming -> in 12h you are 35 and no need to kill a mob anymore (then 1 week stick RVR or 1 hour at beno dock (less 1mn every 30mn) to up 50 )
Thu 12 Dec 2019 1:18 AM by gotwqqd
Well now it’s complete
As the rate of drops is pathetic the merchant cost are through the roof or there is simply nothing to buy.

I guess they wanted to get rid of the low cost turn in items with the large return of xp.
As before you could only use one stack per character of any type there was an abundance of items to by at decent prices. Now only the rich can afford and they buy all as they can use every one on the market over a few level span.

Nothing to buy or too expensive. Groups are rare.
Drops are few and xp for them lousy for the player.
They screwed players(especially new ones) in every possible way.

Now they will just ramp up these events for the solo/group criers and every weekend will be void of players in the frontiers
Thu 12 Dec 2019 9:39 AM by falcon
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 12 Dec 2019 1:18 AM
Well now it’s complete
As the rate of drops is pathetic the merchant cost are through the roof or there is simply nothing to buy.

I guess they wanted to get rid of the low cost turn in items with the large return of xp.
As before you could only use one stack per character of any type there was an abundance of items to by at decent prices. Now only the rich can afford and they buy all as they can use every one on the market over a few level span.

Nothing to buy or too expensive. Groups are rare.
Drops are few and xp for them lousy for the player.
They screwed players(especially new ones) in every possible way.

Now they will just ramp up these events for the solo/group criers and every weekend will be void of players in the frontiers

Its not the rate of drop which is pathetic, the rate drop is 100% (look my explanation in other thread) but the 2mn timer they put between 2 drops...

Farmer cant farm items anymore (they don't have 20mn of their time to waste for 200g, 1P maybe... thats why xp item are now rare & expensive...)
The answer they found to limit farming is very sad especially in a mmorpg where we hope to have a good loot sometimes (and not every 2mn it kills any pleasure)
Still interesting to farm 10 hours to have its own level 50 but no reason to farm 10 more hours for level 50 of the others...

(its a up for new players once they understood mechanism, they have 2mn to kill a mob, nude with their apprentice sword in wood to have their xp item at 100%, but no interest anymore for older players with good equip good RA and fantastic damage, the result will be the same...)

(and yes we bought many items few weeks ago but now the problem is farmers doesn't farm anymore to fill vendors, you hate them so much (you & dev :p ) they are gone, they can earn 3P/hours without xp items, why spending 1h for 30 xp items sold less 1P ?)
Thu 12 Dec 2019 9:42 PM by gotwqqd
Honestly
The best thing to do now is get on a pet class
Find a mob that ttk+spawn time=2min
Read a book, cook dinner, mow the lawn.....
Fri 13 Dec 2019 1:42 AM by Torye
Again, Falcone is just happy with this because he can make money. He's kinda toggled that back in his most recent post, probably because he started to get called on it. If you wanted to level different characters to see how they did in rvr it's now, with these changes, more time consuming than it was before the change. Doesn't matter if there is a leveling guide, it takes longer after the changes that were implemented.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 4:05 AM by MacPrior
I dont care how any Falcon play this game becouse we play a different game. There are lot of player enjoing farming, especially in Albion. I will never level one class in order to play another class. If I want play, let me say, a thane, a study carefully styles, spells, abilities of choosing class, I make a kind of plan for spec progression, final spec, how I fight with this class, how I will "live" this class. Powerleveling or pushing is not my thing. And yes, I play DAOC since the very beginning and I never had farm classes. I hate PvE and do it just as seldom as possible, just to rich lvl 50 and equip my toon.

Falcon plays DAOC in a different way, let him enjoy his play style.

And I see, the PvE is now really painful long and boring. It was quite OK on Phoenix just before last changes, could be even better, but now is definitely bad.

The best way to rich lvl 50 of all time I played DAOC was with kill- tasks in BGs with huge amount of XP and Gold as a reward. So, it was possible to level through RvR only. The best solution for me.

I hope, the Phoenix team will make some changes in XP-system and make PvE more enjoyable on this server again.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 4:16 AM by Wasted_Content
How are there so many people in so many threads voicing their displeasure about the XP changes yet still no changes .. not even an acknowledgement by staff? Really curious about that.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 4:34 AM by gotwqqd
Wasted_Content wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 4:16 AM
How are there so many people in so many threads voicing their displeasure about the XP changes yet still no changes .. not even an acknowledgement by staff? Really curious about that.

These displeasures have been stated from day one of the nerf.

They have made it worse and worse since then.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 8:59 AM by Fenork
MacPrior wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 4:05 AM
I dont care how any Falcon play this game becouse we play a different game. There are lot of player enjoing farming, especially in Albion. I will never level one class in order to play another class. If I want play, let me say, a thane, a study carefully styles, spells, abilities of choosing class, I make a kind of plan for spec progression, final spec, how I fight with this class, how I will "live" this class. Powerleveling or pushing is not my thing. And yes, I play DAOC since the very beginning and I never had farm classes. I hate PvE and do it just as seldom as possible, just to rich lvl 50 and equip my toon.

And I see, the PvE is now really painful long and boring. It was quite OK on Phoenix just before last changes, could be even better, but now is definitely bad.

The best way to rich lvl 50 of all time I played DAOC was with kill- tasks in BGs with huge amount of XP and Gold as a reward. So, it was possible to level through RvR only. The best solution for me.

I hope, the Phoenix team will make some changes in XP-system and make PvE more enjoyable on this server again.

Totally agree with you man
Fri 13 Dec 2019 11:05 AM by falcon
Torye wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 1:42 AM
Again, Falcone is just happy with this because he can make money. He's kinda toggled that back in his most recent post, probably because he started to get called on it. If you wanted to level different characters to see how they did in rvr it's now, with these changes, more time consuming than it was before the change. Doesn't matter if there is a leveling guide, it takes longer after the changes that were implemented.

So ridiculous, stop spreading bullshits :p

I hate killing mobs so I do anything to reduce this time from 1 week to 24h and 12h now ^^ (so yes much faster than few weeks ago , I never read 1 thing who tell "its slower now because ..."
I never had more 10P on my account, and my main char wear blue objects drop level 40+ (don't have time to buy sidi ones will all feathers earn in RVR (I hate sidi of course :p ), I prefer RVR :p)
I know few real farmers in this game and earning 2P/hours will give them a big smile (they usually earn 200P/week) (if they have fun you have nothing to say to them...)

Now timer a 2mn was set between 2 drops, do you really imagine I will waste my time to up your char anymore ? no all go to my toons and my chest is empty

MacPrior wrote:

The best way to rich lvl 50 of all time I played DAOC was with kill- tasks in BGs with huge amount of XP and Gold as a reward. So, it was possible to level through RvR only. The best solution for me...

Thx and my way is to spend all my time in RVR and 0 in PVE (or just 12h to up 50 no more I hate PVE !) +1 for your idea to up only in RVR as before when 35 limit doesnt exist... but I didn't read explanation yet why PVE slower today ? (maybe hard to find group ?)

0-20 is alway a pleasure and 35 killing mob is finished so the problem is still before & after nerf to up 20-35...

My choice is to drop 100 grim 100 frog & 100 Dunters head, need exactelly 10 hours (no need farming char anymore since nerf, u can do it with ANY char...) maybe faster in a good group ? faster before ? (how ? why ?) but now 10h for finishing XP for me is not so bad and I will not give 1mn more to kill mobs, for me DAOC is a RVR game, better game exist for people who prefer killing mobs and drop rare objects all the day ^^ (diablo 2 ? :p)
Fri 13 Dec 2019 3:46 PM by gruenesschaf
The changes gave a pretty big boost to grouping in general with an extra boost to make melee group leveling viable via the tinder damage add, taken to the extreme in a 3 support + 5 melee group you basically have a kill speed comparable to pbae groups.
Leveling in a melee group 1 - 50 is now faster than PLing with only 3 - 4 50s, just like leveling 1 - 50 with a pbae group.
With the ever growing realm task bonus (about 200% on most things by now) as well as the social bonus and some instance bonus ~6h to 50 is easily doable over 2 sessions / days, for those without any instance bonus another 3h session or two should do it. As for this only being theoretical numbers, according to the logs there were 5 groups that leveled this way in the above mentioned times since the changes.
Fri 13 Dec 2019 5:09 PM by gotwqqd
gruenesschaf wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 3:46 PM
The changes gave a pretty big boost to grouping in general with an extra boost to make melee group leveling viable via the tinder damage add, taken to the extreme in a 3 support + 5 melee group you basically have a kill speed comparable to pbae groups.
Leveling in a melee group 1 - 50 is now faster than PLing with only 3 - 4 50s, just like leveling 1 - 50 with a pbae group.
With the ever growing realm task bonus (about 200% on most things by now) as well as the social bonus and some instance bonus ~6h to 50 is easily doable over 2 sessions / days, for those without any instance bonus another 3h session or two should do it. As for this only being theoretical numbers, according to the logs there were 5 groups that leveled this way in the above mentioned times since the changes.
5 groups!!!
Since these changes I have had a far harder time getting into groups.
Cherry picking what 5 groups accomplished and expounding the system as a success?
Fri 13 Dec 2019 5:37 PM by Torye
falcon wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 11:05 AM
Torye wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 1:42 AM

So ridiculous, stop spreading bullshits :p

I hate killing mobs so I do anything to reduce this time from 1 week to 24h and 12h now ^^ (so yes much faster than few weeks ago , I never read 1 thing who tell "its slower now because ..."
I never had more 10P on my account, and my main char wear blue objects drop level 40+ (don't have time to buy sidi ones will all feathers earn in RVR (I hate sidi of course :p ), I prefer RVR :p)
I know few real farmers in this game and earning 2P/hours will give them a big smile (they usually earn 200P/week) (if they have fun you have nothing to say to them...)

Now timer a 2mn was set between 2 drops, do you really imagine I will waste my time to up your char anymore ? no all go to my toons and my chest is empty

MacPrior wrote:

The best way to rich lvl 50 of all time I played DAOC was with kill- tasks in BGs with huge amount of XP and Gold as a reward. So, it was possible to level through RvR only. The best solution for me...

Thx and my way is to spend all my time in RVR and 0 in PVE (or just 12h to up 50 no more I hate PVE !) +1 for your idea to up only in RVR as before when 35 limit doesnt exist... but I didn't read explanation yet why PVE slower today ? (maybe hard to find group ?)

0-20 is alway a pleasure and 35 killing mob is finished so the problem is still before & after nerf to up 20-35...

My choice is to drop 100 grim 100 frog & 100 Dunters head, need exactelly 10 hours (no need farming char anymore since nerf, u can do it with ANY char...) maybe faster in a good group ? faster before ? (how ? why ?) but now 10h for finishing XP for me is not so bad and I will not give 1mn more to kill mobs, for me DAOC is a RVR game, better game exist for people who prefer killing mobs and drop rare objects all the day ^^ (diablo 2 ? :p)

Pretty sure it's not bullshit. You were very gleefully telling people how much money you were making, how much more you could jack up the price on task items. You've toggled it back but nope, that was your first reaction. People won't read all the beginning ones on this thread, but I've been here from the beginning so I know how you reacted and your excitement over the money and the items you were getting. While it's your play style and I don't begrudge you for that, you are making false claims that it's just as easy to level as it was before the changes which is not true.
Sat 14 Dec 2019 10:21 AM by MacPrior
gruenesschaf wrote:

I am very sorry, but do you mean 5 groups since more then 1 Month is a healthy recovery rate for the server? I mean, exactly thees number shows - there are no groups leveling anymore. This figure is a catastrophe! If you would say - 10-20 per day/per prime time...

And don't forget, we have winter time - time for playing such games. I ve met these days even a total newcomer for daoc. So let him and others don´t stop playing because of hard level progression.

For sure DOAC is a social game and I salute very much you promote the group building for the leveling. But please not to the coast of the main way to level in the current situation - solo or duo. We need new people in the game and we need more people in RvR.
Sat 14 Dec 2019 11:19 AM by falcon
Torye wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019 5:37 PM
Pretty sure it's not bullshit. You were very gleefully telling people how much money you were making, how much more you could jack up the price on task items. You've toggled it back but nope, that was your first reaction. People won't read all the beginning ones on this thread, but I've been here from the beginning so I know how you reacted and your excitement over the money and the items you were getting. While it's your play style and I don't begrudge you for that, you are making false claims that it's just as easy to level as it was before the changes which is not true.

Sure I never hide a cabal can earn 4-6P by hour (its ridiculous vs XX P many people earn afk last weeks in sidi every night, i was not with them ^^)

And I farm few hours a week to pay xp items I didn't drop for my toons as anybody should do ^^
I know exactelly the price of XP items because I buy them a lot (but u can check my chest always empty ^^ i'm not silly enough to spend my time to up my chars and yours too :p especially now drop is nerfed, read me again the only interest to sell 10 xp items is to buy 10 others higher level)

Tell me interest to be rich in that game ? never understood people who have 500P just for fun... of course I know how to earn many P/hours but only if i need it and only to up my chars ^^ (no time to equip them, they wears only armour they drop or sidi object paid with feathers earn in rvr ^^)

I just said xp is now faster solo with unlimited xp items, 3x100 same xp items enough to up 50 in few hours (farmed not bought too easy ^^)
Until today I have no clue XP was faster or slower in group, @gruenesschaf give me the answer, and the answer don't go in your way so you don't like it :p

Edit the calcul is now very easy to know how many time u need to up 35 (35-50 can be done in 1 week in rvr or in 2h at dock dieing or giving soil)
Items drop rate is now 100% every 2mn, u need about 15 item/ level (10 before 21, about 20 between 21-35)
so if your XP off you need 17.5H to up 35 but your XP is probably not off and you do about 1/3 of your XP farming XP items so 350 xp items enough = 11.66 hours

I prepare a new guide to up 50 ANY char without buying ANY xp item in less 12 hours
(you are right its a nightmare u start the morning the evening you have fun in rvr, what's a pain and time waste :p)

(I forgot to count tokens & soil so 10h probably enough :p)
Sat 14 Dec 2019 1:13 PM by gotwqqd
MacPrior wrote:
Sat 14 Dec 2019 10:21 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:

I am very sorry, but do you mean 5 groups since more then 1 Month is a healthy recovery rate for the server? I mean, exactly thees number shows - there are no groups leveling anymore. This figure is a catastrophe! If you would say - 10-20 per day/per prime time...

And don't forget, we have winter time - time for playing such games. I ve met these days even a total newcomer for daoc. So let him and others don´t stop playing because of hard level progression.

For sure DOAC is a social game and I salute very much you promote the group building for the leveling. But please not to the coast of the main way to level in the current situation - solo or duo. We need new people in the game and we need more people in RvR.
Leveling in a decent group was ALWAYS better than solo.
It’s not like it needed to be forced. Now solo leveling is a major pain. It’s almost non existent for invites without group “core” classes and rare even for those.
Or you get in a group and it’s more time spent with afk’s than leveling.
At least previously you had decent progression if group issues came up.
Sat 14 Dec 2019 3:15 PM by gruenesschaf
MacPrior wrote:
Sat 14 Dec 2019 10:21 AM

5 sets of 8 characters that played together 1 - 50 aka set groups, basically the people that would otherwise have opted to PL 4 - 5 people with 3 - 4 50s opted to level 1 - 50 together with 8 and reached the listed times which are about the same as PLing, maybe even slightly faster.
There are obviously many more groups each day that replace some people throughout their sessions but they would all have varying times to 50 with many having done some soloing as well.
Sat 14 Dec 2019 3:19 PM by Wolfir666
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 14 Dec 2019 1:13 PM
Leveling in a decent group was ALWAYS better than solo.
It’s not like it needed to be forced. Now solo leveling is a major pain. It’s almost non existent for invites without group “core” classes and rare even for those.
Or you get in a group and it’s more time spent with afk’s than leveling.
At least previously you had decent progression if group issues came up.

This!

There is no need to force people to join a group with making leveling solo *harder*.

Groups always have been more attractive in terms of leveling-speed, that never was any issue compared to solo.

But obviously some people need to feel like being the teachers having to force their school kids on going together rather than doing their stuff alone.
Yay, well done :p
Sat 14 Dec 2019 3:42 PM by falcon
Wolfir666 wrote:
Sat 14 Dec 2019 3:19 PM
There is no need to force people to join a group with making leveling solo *harder*.

So now we know group is still very fast (and maybe faster than before) AND solo faster than ever (about 12H to up 50) everybody should be happy ???
No, people find something else to cry, you want to be group anytime and XP slower like before ?
Solo want 10xp items limit back by level to do 66% of their level instead of 15 for 100% u missed few mathematics lesson ? :p

In fact I think people are jealous because people in good group XP very fast and nobody want them in these groups...
and they are lazy to up solo (10h its apocalypse !) so they come here to cry and they never up :p

@gruenesschaf thx for light but not very clear ^^, have u samples with differents choice and time to up 50 ? ^^
(oups missed your 1st post, ok 12h solo 6h in a good group to up 50, and people want more ? next step is /instant 50 but not sure it is the target of this server, we had a lot of fun in beta with /instant 50 but its interesting few months not few years... boring to play mmorpg without economy/crafting, half players will gone, remember Genesis server, never I had more fun in DAOC, I played 3 weeks...)
Sun 15 Dec 2019 1:17 AM by Torye
Well Falcone we will just have to agree to disagree. I don't believe it's faster and easier to level now than it was before the change. It seems most people agree with me but you believe it's easier so that's cool.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 6:46 PM by falcon
Torye wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 1:17 AM
Well Falcone we will just have to agree to disagree. I don't believe it's faster and easier to level now than it was before the change. It seems most people agree with me but you believe it's easier so that's cool.

Maybe u are right, just explain me why ?

before you give 10 items (maybe need to kill 30 mobs for that) and need to back XP to finish your level and now you give 100 items (need exactelly 100 mobs) and you up 5-7 levels (items you can farm faster than before with any class now drop rate is 100% every 2mn if you can't buy few of them)
(its slower to drop them with AOE but 10x much faster with a tank ^^ DEV probably hate mages & AOE, tanks are now gods :p no need to run anymore, just 1 button to hit and go back to TV for 100% drop, use a green sword if you kill mob in less 2mn :p)

Dev give you time you need in group to up 50 : 6 hours, and I gave time you need solo with screens with 0 gold : 12 hours, so before it was 3h in group and 6 solo ? <doubt>
Sun 15 Dec 2019 8:29 PM by Torye
Did you play before this change went into place? I don't know anyone who played prior to this change that thinks it's easier after. People talking about group bonus (what freaking groups are you finding?) or handing in stuff they bought for plats isn't going to help someone either A.) starting out with no friends on the server. Or B.) someone that plays during the low pop time on their preferred realm who can't find groups. See, before it didn't matter. You could solo up without having plats and plats or groups. But again, if you like playing that way good for you.
Sun 15 Dec 2019 10:37 PM by falcon
Torye wrote:
Sun 15 Dec 2019 8:29 PM
Did you play before this change went into place? I don't know anyone who played prior to this change that thinks it's easier after. People talking about group bonus (what freaking groups are you finding?) or handing in stuff they bought for plats isn't going to help someone either A.) starting out with no friends on the server. Or B.) someone that plays during the low pop time on their preferred realm who can't find groups. See, before it didn't matter. You could solo up without having plats and plats or groups. But again, if you like playing that way good for you.

Sure 90% of my 50 chars was done before change, all my 30 ones blocked in very slow XP zone (zone who doesn't exist anymore today now we can reach 35 in few clics or 75 same items farming = less 2 hours 30mn)

Never grouped for XP (I'm wrong Dev said its 2x faster than solo, but my choice right ^^)
As I said before, the only change, is its now more difficult to find group if u don't like solo, because not so many XP anymore now its so fast (6H to up 50 if u miss start, its over ^^)

The only answer I see to your problem is to go back to old system, and have many groups with free room for you to XP slowly in 24-48h as before, thats what u want in fact, XP slower to have a chance to find a group, in that case I understand your wishes, but please stop saying xp is now slower...
Mon 16 Dec 2019 3:33 AM by shintacki
But solo XP is slower unless you want to buy XP items or farm them for 3 hours on another toon.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 6:01 AM by Torye
It's slower, and if you don't have plats upon plats it's even slower. But again, you like the slower xp so that's cool. I just don't and run the change didn't make sense.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 12:46 PM by falcon
shintacki wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 3:33 AM
But solo XP is slower unless you want to buy XP items or farm them for 3 hours on another toon.

Agree before nerf XP items drop (need a second char to go faster), but wrong today, now 100% rate every 2mn so no need another toon anymore u can do it with your main one even nude with green sword you will go at the same speed than any AOE RR12 (sad for an MMORG, we are not motivated anymore to do good chars...)

Today u need exactelly 12H to up 50 solo (with 0 gold & 0 friend of course) ANY char (I did calcul before and verified with screens in reality)

Now if u tell me (with screens) we can do that in 6H before change, I will trust u :p

@Torye no I like starting a char the morning and have fun in RVR the evening at 35 and be 40 next morning with 10h played not possible before with or without P
Mon 16 Dec 2019 3:40 PM by shintacki
There is no possible way anyone is getting 50 in 12 hours solo without buying XP items, using turn in tokens from another character, or farming xp items on another character, I guarantee it.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 4:32 PM by shintacki
johndoo wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 4:23 PM
shintacki wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 3:40 PM
There is no possible way anyone is getting 50 in 12 hours solo without buying XP items, using turn in tokens from another character, or farming xp items on another character, I guarantee it.

Wrong, I did it solo with 0 gold 0 buy
need about 2h to up 20 (1h30 mage 2h30 tank)
With token+eggs+soils missing only 300 XP items to up 35 (as usually at 35 XP on mob finished, u can up 50 at dock in 2h played (no need to tell u how I hope !) or 1 week stick in RVR)

So all the question is how many time u need to drop 300 xp items ?
(before change, answer was various, maybe 5H with AOE and 50H one by one with a tank) but with change, answer will be the same for ANY char : 300x2mn = 10 hours
(but your XP is not OFF when u farm these 300 XP items thats why u dont need 2H+10H+2H but few hours less ^^ so I confirm up 50 solo = about 12H (maybe 13 if you afk sometimes :p)

I actually do need to be told how you can go from 35-50 in 2 hours standing at a dock. And saying stick in RvR for a week makes it sound like you really didn't hit 50 in 12 hours /played at all.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 8:00 PM by gotwqqd
shintacki wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 4:32 PM
johndoo wrote:
shintacki wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 3:40 PM

With token+eggs+soils missing only 300 XP items to up 35 (as usually at 35 XP on mob finished, u can up 50 at dock in 2h played (no need to tell u how I hope !) or 1 week stick in RVR)

(before change, answer was various, maybe 5H with AOE and 50H one by one with a tank) but with change, answer will be the same for ANY char : 300x2mn = 10 hours
(but your XP is not OFF when u farm these 300 XP items thats why u dont need 2H+10H+2H but few hours less ^^ so I confirm up 50 solo = about 12H (maybe 13 if you afk sometimes :p)

I actually do need to be told how you can go from 35-50 in 2 hours standing at a dock. And saying stick in RvR for a week makes it sound like you really didn't hit 50 in 12 hours /played at all.
You log on and off every half hour to turn in some soil .

And then you claim it takes two hours /played because tour only logging the character for 1 min at a time

Me thinks johndoo=falcon
Got your accounts screwed up there ?
Maybe falconx(banned) character of falcon? New account? johndoo first post...and knows all nuances of leveling/same writing as falcon
Mon 16 Dec 2019 8:09 PM by shintacki
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 8:00 PM
shintacki wrote:
johndoo wrote:

And then you claim it takes two hours /played because tour only logging the character for 1 min at a time

I figured as much but maybe they knew a secret I didn't. What falcon and his alt account buddy here don't seem to realize is that some people enjoy simply playing the game and leveling up at a satisfying rate. Which was possible before. Now if you want to solo you have to do all this nonsense micromanaging of every XP resource to level at the same rate we could level before while just casually strolling from XP item to XP item. It's kind of lame to expect me to log in and out of a character in order to maximize my solo leveling efficiency.
Mon 16 Dec 2019 8:14 PM by gotwqqd
shintacki wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 8:09 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019 8:00 PM
shintacki wrote:

I figured as much but maybe they knew a secret I didn't. What falcon and his alt account buddy here don't seem to realize is that some people enjoy simply playing the game and leveling up at a satisfying rate. Which was possible before. Now if you want to solo you have to do all this nonsense micromanaging of every XP resource to level at the same rate we could level before while just casually strolling from XP item to XP item. It's kind of lame to expect me to log in and out of a character in order to maximize my solo leveling efficiency.
Haha....see edit above
Tue 17 Dec 2019 12:58 PM by Sepplord
Edited.

Did you just post with the wrong account and gave away that you are multiaccounting? ops:
Tue 17 Dec 2019 1:27 PM by Uthred
He was perma banned some days ago --> https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11968

Anyways, this thread isnt about him, but about changes to leveling. Please return back to the topic. Thank you.
Wed 18 Dec 2019 7:33 PM by Torye
Lololo that explains a lot.
Wed 8 Jan 2020 5:29 AM by Zouz
Changes are pretty terrible if you have limited time.

Nobody to group with, so forced to solo, and xp items nerfed to the ground.
Wed 8 Jan 2020 5:48 AM by gotwqqd
Zouz wrote:
Wed 8 Jan 2020 5:29 AM

Finding group alb side has been terrible
Played about 5 hours lfg whole time as a reaver
Nothing
Even offering my cleric alt as option
Wed 8 Jan 2020 1:59 PM by Zouz
Was logged in from 8PM EST to midnight, pretty much prime time.

Didn't find a group in my level range.

Decided to solo, did a few tasks, dropped a few xp items (gated at 1 per 2mins) and proceeded to log because it was full cancer.

The thing is, when you have a family, responsabilities, hell even a job to pay bills, your time is limited and you don't want to spend half of your free time looking for a group. Having the opportunity to farm XP items on an alt with no internal timer, or having the old 400+% bonus and grinding solo was an efficient way to avoid spending time crying on /lfg channel.

Not possible anymore though.
Thu 9 Jan 2020 5:19 AM by Forlornhope
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 8 Jan 2020 5:48 AM
Zouz wrote:
Wed 8 Jan 2020 5:29 AM

Finding group alb side has been terrible
Played about 5 hours lfg whole time as a reaver
Nothing
Even offering my cleric alt as option

It's sad because as far as I have been able to tell after playing all three realms, alb seems to have more xp groups going than the others. And I totally believe you couldn't find one because it's horrendous.
Thu 9 Jan 2020 10:00 AM by gotwqqd
I haven’t played the other two realms since the atrocious changes to leveling.

But before the changes I found both other realms far easier to find groups than albion
Thu 9 Jan 2020 4:02 PM by watbrif
I guess it depends so much on time/class/luck. I had two random invites to groups as a tank in Alb in the last two days (and I wasn't even looking for a group!). My other char is a wiz, so that's been pretty decent so far. Hib has always been terrible for me, because I like to play tanks (and why include tanks if every other person has an animist...).
Thu 9 Jan 2020 4:18 PM by Sepplord
watbrif wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 4:02 PM
I guess it depends so much on time/class/luck. I had two random invites to groups as a tank in Alb in the last two days (and I wasn't even looking for a group!). My other char is a wiz, so that's been pretty decent so far. Hib has always been terrible for me, because I like to play tanks (and why include tanks if every other person has an animist...).

There needs to be someone to start a group and just invite everyone. With the new grouping system it really is beneficial to take basically everyone.
And tanks with the fire-bonus stacking up to 200%bonus dmg can shred thorugh mobs really hard. Combined with decent class-XP-boni they can also get crazy fast at killing.

The amount of players levelling is decreasing and it doesn't always work. But i often see 3-4people in a fitting levelrange asking for groups over extended periods of time, and none of them invites the others. I even remember one time where 7people where asking in LFG that would make a really good group, and someone even pointed out "now you guys just need an 8th to invite you all" followed by a few "lols" and then a few minutes later the same people asking for group again.

PS: don't get me wrong, i dislike the changes for solo-levelling too, and haven't started a new alt since. But it's at least partially a playermentality problem
Thu 9 Jan 2020 6:59 PM by tyrantanic
It took me ~30 hours /played to get my Champion to 50 last week with a mix between grouping and soloing. Not sure how this compares to leveling before the changes.

P.S. This is my first 50 on Phoenix so I started completely from scratch.
Thu 9 Jan 2020 10:12 PM by shintacki
tyrantanic wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 6:59 PM
It took me ~30 hours /played to get my Champion to 50 last week with a mix between grouping and soloing. Not sure how this compares to leveling before the changes.

P.S. This is my first 50 on Phoenix so I started completely from scratch.

Used to take 24 hours completely solo. It was great, no one ever complained and leveling alts was something I could stomach doing since I prefer not to group. Now I can’t stand leveling. It’s too bad cause they way it was before was perfect, and the problem is compounded more and more every day because NA times it’s damn near impossible to get a group anyways.
Mon 13 Jan 2020 9:24 PM by Rhox
I have leveled 10 pre and 4 post change.

IMHO its just different. You used to have a very static track. Kill these get 10 items turn them in. Kill these 10 items turn them in.... etc etc. I knew if I had 24 hours played I would be 50. No question.

Now this static leveling no longer exist. That being said leveling can be much faster or much slower. Depends on groups ability to farm XP items ETC.

Since the change some toons level way under 24 hours played (good group toons.) Some take a lot longer then 24 hours played.

I sat on my 40 Sorc solo farming last night for 4 hours without getting a group and only made 2 levels during that time :-(
Mon 13 Jan 2020 11:20 PM by Pao
I changed realm recently about a week ago and like the new system a lot. It's great and group levelling is still the fastest way.
Wed 15 Jan 2020 5:08 AM by Zouz
Final words, I got people to PL me since it was unimaginable for me to spend 24 hours of my life soloing a skald to 50. (we are in 2020, wake up!)

If you are not hooked up, or lucky, or not a wanted class in pve groups, you will struggle way more with the changes.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 12:00 AM by Blackiez
You nerfed the xp on the xp items. ( fine )
You took away the limit turn-in. ( fine )
You nerfed the xp of kill task ( Uhmm why )
You nerfed the rvr xp ( uhmm well ok )

You nerfed the rate the xp items drops ( Horrendous ). Hard capped on 1 xp-item drop per 2 min? If you group thats maybe 1 xp item per 10 min. If you are lucky.
Can you just please un-nerf the drop of xp items? The lvling has become a real drag. The xp items made it bareable.

And groups are hard to find. And solo a bard or druid/healing class is not that fun to solo with in PvE. No wonder there is a big shortage of them in the rvr.
Most solo because of the phoenix eggs. And dont want to group anymore it seems. ( Unless bomber groups ofc )
Sun 19 Jan 2020 11:12 PM by kedelin
with the change to xp item drop rate leveling is straight cancer... i just came back and went to hib and trying to level a bard but it straight horrible
Mon 20 Jan 2020 6:14 PM by watbrif
Zouz wrote:
Wed 15 Jan 2020 5:08 AM
Final words, I got people to PL me since it was unimaginable for me to spend 24 hours of my life soloing a skald to 50. (we are in 2020, wake up!)

If you are not hooked up, or lucky, or not a wanted class in pve groups, you will struggle way more with the changes.

I find this attitude ("we are in 2020" slightly dazzling, because DAoC is clearly not a "2020" game. Levelling is a fundamental part of the game, even if some people don't think so. Why not get rid of the PvE grind and start everyone at 50 ("we are in 2020", after all)? Because this wouldn't be DAoC anymore (see Live, where the PvE part is basically one huge tutorial). PvE is still sooo much easier than in 2003 and yesterday I levelled from 49 to 50 in one afternoon (using only xp items). It can't be that bad...
Tue 21 Jan 2020 8:27 PM by Wolfir666
kedelin wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 11:12 PM
with the change to xp item drop rate leveling is straight cancer... i just came back and went to hib and trying to level a bard but it straight horrible

Well but that's not due to the xp-items itself but more due to... well... you leveling a bard 😁
Wed 22 Jan 2020 3:20 AM by Gwig
I have been soloing up 4 different chars. 3 that I enjoy playing then a damn cleric that I have not realy played but gets the extra exp items that's at 49.5.
about 4 days played combined for 4 50s. I have no issues with the rates in game.
Wed 22 Jan 2020 1:37 PM by Forlornhope
Gwig wrote:
Wed 22 Jan 2020 3:20 AM
I have been soloing up 4 different chars. 3 that I enjoy playing then a damn cleric that I have not realy played but gets the extra exp items that's at 49.5.
about 4 days played combined for 4 50s. I have no issues with the rates in game.

The rates aren't really all that bad, people just complain that it is no where near ass efficient as when the server launched. Depending on the class I do enjoy leveling most things solo. I actually leveled y cleric solo until the 40s.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 3:30 PM by Silentsam
Well I saw this thread and CANNOT pass by without leaving my two cents, I have played this server on and off since its inception, I had an account full of 50's which vanished before I returned (no idea? all that hard work..), I made new characters on all three realms recently but have chose to play Midgard for now, I'm basically a stealth whore Nightshade/Infiltrator/Shadowblade I love them I cannot get enough of the play style of DAoC stealthers no game has this style.

Onto the point, we all know the leveling process in DAoC has always been bad and very brutal however there was one time where I personally thought THIS IS IT, this is the leveling model DAoC needs.. and guess what LIVE servers currently work this way, Battleground EXP quests, SIMPLE.

All of this extra nonsense that's been added here, like eggs/tasks and the like.. its really just extra work that didn't need to happen, who really likes grinding thousands and thousands of mobs anyway? haven't we all done that before? Actually if I add up all the mob kills I've had compared to the PVP kills... it doesn't even come close NOT CLOSE and i bet its the same for most people... just think about it this game is 3 way RvR(pvp) so why are we wasting literally hundreds of hours on killing mobs when really all we want is to kill each others characters? I just don't get it?

PS; They say it takes 48hrs in-game playtime for the 'casual' player to reach 50, its simply not true anymore.

x
Fri 31 Jan 2020 3:45 PM by Gohanssj
In the past 2 months Ive levelled a friar, theurgist, scout, reaver and bard to 50, and templated them all and got rr3 or so all duo/solo task items etc. All in 20-30 hours played. So it's really not that hard
Fri 31 Jan 2020 4:09 PM by Silentsam
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 3:45 PM
In the past 2 months Ive levelled a friar, theurgist, scout, reaver and bard to 50, and templated them all and got rr3 or so all duo/solo task items etc. All in 20-30 hours played. So it's really not that hard

Cool story, If I was jobless and had that kind of time to waste then yes, great news well done you, but other than that this is just what all the nolifers will say.. no DAoC player is the same remember.

So from albs perspective all XP is fine? Good to know, so what about hibs and mids?

I play mid and its slow and nasty.

This is the problem, there are people who can literally sit online for 6-18 hrs a day playing this server, and others who can only get on for a few or less, a lot of us have played this game on different servers for years and years and years its 20 years old don't forget that, I get the idea of leveling in games where PvE actually matters, but here it just shouldn't matter, they've made a huge effort to make PvE a thing... WHY? It just takes away from the RvR yet again, look at Uthgard that server is now a ghost town that even the ghost haae departed from... it will happen here soon enough if they dont slipstream leveling.

I want to be able to log on in the morning at 9am and start a character and by the time 9pm comes around that character will be 50 and starting to gather template items, I don't want to spend 2 months leveling and templating only to enter RvR and find nobody is there cause guess what.. THEY ARE STILL LEVELING AND TEMPLATING. Good one.

RvR > everything else the game has to offer.

Also why don't they just bring back /level too really, why remove that?

PS; why do we have NF here too? with such a tiny population that is a backward decision imho. Bring back the Old Frontier.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 4:23 PM by Silentsam
watbrif wrote:
Mon 20 Jan 2020 6:14 PM
Zouz wrote:

I find this attitude ("we are in 2020" slightly dazzling, because DAoC is clearly not a "2020" game. Levelling is a fundamental part of the game, even if some people don't think so. Why not get rid of the PvE grind and start everyone at 50 ("we are in 2020", after all)? Because this wouldn't be DAoC anymore (see Live, where the PvE part is basically one huge tutorial). PvE is still sooo much easier than in 2003 and yesterday I levelled from 49 to 50 in one afternoon (using only xp items). It can't be that bad...

WAIT.. STOP.. read..

Your attitude is the wrong one here, not the posters you're replying to, he is right to say we are in 2020 DAoC is 2 decades old, I have killed millions of mobs and thousands of people like you in that time.

You really dont know what daoc is at all if you think PvE is a fundamental part of the game, it might be fundamental to YOU but like hundreds of other players like me WE JUST WANT RvR... we do not want to spend months on end leveling and templating characters we have previously done time and time again on countless servers over the 20 years this game has been around, you're clearly a young boy, an amateur at the game, do not think for one moment your opinion matters, like my opinion it doesn't, but it is 2020 thats a fact so why cant DAoC keep up-to-date with the times? Would you rather have toast from a toaster in 1minute.. or from under the grill in 4mins... its a no brainer.

ill have the 1min toast thanks.

x
Fri 31 Jan 2020 5:50 PM by Quik
Silentsam wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 4:23 PM
watbrif wrote:
Zouz wrote:

WAIT.. STOP.. read..

Your attitude is the wrong one here, not the posters you're replying to, he is right to say we are in 2020 DAoC is 2 decades old, I have killed millions of mobs and thousands of people like you in that time.

You really dont know what daoc is at all if you think PvE is a fundamental part of the game, it might be fundamental to YOU but like hundreds of other players like me WE JUST WANT RvR... we do not want to spend months on end leveling and templating characters we have previously done time and time again on countless servers over the 20 years this game has been around, you're clearly a young boy, an amateur at the game, do not think for one moment your opinion matters, like my opinion it doesn't, but it is 2020 thats a fact so why cant DAoC keep up-to-date with the times? Would you rather have toast from a toaster in 1minute.. or from under the grill in 4mins... its a no brainer.

x

I enjoy the PvE side just as much as the RvR side and I enjoy doing both.

DAoC is designed to have both sides of the game and that is obvious just because people need to template which means money, crafters, random gear, and dragon/feather loot.

I would imagine the server would die if you just took out the PvE aspects of the game and the leveling but no one knows for sure...well other than live is obviously despised here but you can almost go from 1-50 in a matter of minutes, so forgive me if I will continue to play how I want and continue to enjoy PvE.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:24 PM by Silentsam
Quik wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 5:50 PM
Silentsam wrote:
watbrif wrote:

WAIT.. STOP.. read..

x

DAoC is designed to have both sides of the game and that is obvious just because people need to template which means money, crafters, random gear, and dragon/feather loot.

I would imagine the server would die if you just took out the PvE aspects of the game and the leveling but no one knows for sure...well other than live is obviously despised here but you can almost go from 1-50 in a matter of minutes, so forgive me if I will continue to play how I want and continue to enjoy PvE.

This is further proving my point, toxic attitude, why is it OK for you to enjoy the game how you want to but me and many other players cant enjoy it how we want to? As I previously said every DAoC player is different.

There needs to be more community votes on said matters to get to the bottom of it.

That probably wont happen which is sad, I don't want to see another server die.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:30 PM by Gohanssj
I will explain this once, and you will ignore it because you're a 1 dimensional raving loon.

But, i50 kills servers faster than anything, because if you haven't worked on a character you ahve very little attachment to it, also you make 1 of everything and keep swapping, or die something then go and make one of those, then after a few days you go, eurgh cba with this.

There have been tens, maybe even hundreds of I50 servers on DoL (Dawn of light DAoC portal where freeshards used to live) and none have even lasted a single year.

You can kick and scream but facts are facts and people do not stick around if it's too easy.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:34 PM by Silentsam
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 5:49 PM
Silentsam wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 4:09 PM
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 3:45 PM

Cool story, If I was jobless and had that kind of time to waste then yes, great news well done you, but other than that this is just what all the nolifers will say.. no DAoC player is the same remember.

So from albs perspective all XP is fine? Good to know, so what about hibs and mids?

I play mid and its slow and nasty.

This is the problem, there are people who can literally sit online for 6-18 hrs a day playing this server, and others who can only get on for a few or less, a lot of us have played this game on different servers for years and years and years its 20 years old don't forget that, I get the idea of leveling in games where PvE actually matters, but here it just shouldn't matter, they've made a huge effort to make PvE a thing... WHY? It just takes away from the RvR yet again, look at Uthgard that server is now a ghost town that even the ghost haae departed from... it will happen here soon enough if they dont slipstream leveling.

I want to be able to log on in the morning at 9am and start a character and by the time 9pm comes around that character will be 50 and starting to gather template items, I don't want to spend 2 months leveling and templating only to enter RvR and find nobody is there cause guess what.. THEY ARE STILL LEVELING AND TEMPLATING. Good one.

RvR > everything else the game has to offer.

Also why don't they just bring back /level too really, why remove that?

PS; why do we have NF here too? with such a tiny population that is a backward decision imho. Bring back the Old Frontier.

I work 6 day weeks and paly maybe 3 hours a day. maybe you're just tragically shit at the game ^^ also a Bard is hib, so also easy there. DW though, I'm sure someone will PL you if you cry for long enough

Of course you do little fella, you are a big boy, 6 days, you want a medal with this sarcasm?

Back on topic, regardless of your experiences on the server why do you assume everyone must have had the same experience?

I don't care about a bard being Hib, I didn't even read that just saw friar theurg scout reaver, whatever, knit pick words all you want it doesn't take away the fact XPing has become a joke, its reminiscent of Uthgard 1.0 but worse because there is way more toxicity here than there ever had, it seems like the toxic players are the ones being kept around, all the toxic changes feed them.

I'm not here to argue anyway, I just want a solution to XP being a timesink when I'd rather be RvRing people like you.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:37 PM by Gohanssj
you seem to be the most toxic sort of person going, so maybe you should find another server as this one is so awful ^^ you can be fully RvR ready in less than a week playing casually.

I know this because we decided we needed a friar for our little grp, so I made it Sunday morning and was 50 and templated the following Friday. Didn't log on at all on the Tuesday or Thursday, so was one day whoring it, then 3 evenings finishing up. /played was about 18 hours

if that's too much of an ask then feel free to leave, cos it won't change.

The fact you "didn't even read that" and expect anyone to take anything you say seriously just shows what a child you are, maybe you've never heard of a 6 days week, but they're pretty common in most trades.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:45 PM by Silentsam
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:30 PM
I will explain this once, and you will ignore it because you're a 1 dimensional raving loon.

But, i50 kills servers faster than anything, because if you haven't worked on a character you ahve very little attachment to it, also you make 1 of everything and keep swapping, or die something then go and make one of those, then after a few days you go, eurgh cba with this.

There have been tens, maybe even hundreds of I50 servers on DoL (Dawn of light DAoC portal where freeshards used to live) and none have even lasted a single year.

You can kick and scream but facts are facts and people do not stick around if it's too easy.

First of all who is asking for i50? Not me.

Secondly, nice abusive first line, great work.

Thirdly, I have been around DAoC far longer than you and probably most of the people that play here that's almost a guaranteed fact, this isn't even the point, I get it, you like to waste days months and years leveling.. COOL, but I don't and tons of other people don't.

You misunderstand that I want a 'free ride' through the server, not true at all, I just don't want to spend a whole month trying to do 40-50 because they nerfed XP so bad that's what it takes unless you have no life whatsoever outside of this server, you have to take into account classes people are playing group/notgroup worthy etc, sometimes it takes 3 hours to even find a group and then that group maybe lasts 10mins or 8hrs... you might have lots of friends or guildies or nice people around you that have already done the grind in the good old easy days when it took 4hrs to 50, but the returning players and new players don't have this luxury.

x
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:49 PM by Silentsam
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:37 PM
I know this because we decided we needed a friar for our little grp, so I made it Sunday morning and was 50 and templated the following Friday. Didn't log on at all on the Tuesday or Thursday, so was one day whoring it, then 3 evenings finishing up. /played was about 18 hours

HERE we go, point proven.

So WE did 1-50 and templated.

WE.

not you alone.

you notice whats wrong here?

all your posts are abusive right now too, calling me 'toxic' and using the old tale 'feel free to leave' rather than admitting xp changes have wrecked the leveling on the server for a lot of people that aren't YOU.

you seem very selfish and self indulged, amazing traits.

x
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:49 PM by Gohanssj
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or trolling..... you realise like 90% of this server have played since day 1 and came back here for the nostalgia kick right?

Like what makes you think you've played longer than anyone. Moron.

As I said, I did most my chars solo on xp items so your grp analogy is irrelevant.

Again I'll just have to assume you have no idea how to play so you not being 50 is no real loss, already enough zerg surf scrubs about, don't need another <3
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:51 PM by Gohanssj
Silentsam wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:49 PM
Gohanssj wrote:

WE.

not you alone.

all your posts are abusive right now too, calling me 'toxic' and using the old tale 'feel free to leave' rather than admitting xp changes have wrecked the leveling on the server for a lot of people that aren't YOU.

x

you litrally can't read can you? WE decided, so I <------- made a friar. No one needed to help because it's so easy.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:53 PM by Silentsam
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:51 PM
Silentsam wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:49 PM
Gohanssj wrote:

WE.

not you alone.

x

you litrally can't read can you? WE decided, so I <------- made a friar. No one needed to help because it's so easy.

LITRALLY.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:02 PM by Gohanssj
Oh shit yeah missed an E, you win you were right about everything all along
Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:05 PM by Silentsam
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:02 PM
Oh shit yeah missed an E, you win you were right about everything all along

Too bad your friends that powerlevel you cant help you spell right?

Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:11 PM by Quik
Silentsam wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:24 PM
Quik wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 5:50 PM
Silentsam wrote:
WAIT.. STOP.. read..

x

This is further proving my point, toxic attitude, why is it OK for you to enjoy the game how you want to but me and many other players cant enjoy it how we want to? As I previously said every DAoC player is different.

There needs to be more community votes on said matters to get to the bottom of it.

That probably wont happen which is sad, I don't want to see another server die.

They have met us in the middle.

DAoC classic was a sludge driven slow paced grueling grind to 50, Pheonix you can hit 50 in a couple days with a decent group or in a week solo with just moderate play time.

Very few games out now that have a leveling process allow you to hit max level faster than Pheonix does. It allows you do blast your way to 50 and forget about the leveling, which I can understand a lot of peple don't find enjoyable, but it also lets others like myself play multiple alts and farm and do what we enjoy which I know lots of people who love this more than RvR.

I hate the argument though that DAoC was never a PvE game. Yes it was, and yes it still is. It has a large PvE area you can explore and farm gear from, and it has since day 1 of beta. I'm not saying that you were inferring this, but I hear this argument all the time. Of course it is a RvR/PvP driven game, but it adds a PvE aspect that allowed people who aren't fond of PvP a place to just do PvE things and still have lots to do.

But your argument that you can't enjoy it while I can is not remotely true. As I stated they met us in the middle by giving us fast leveling for you so you can blast through it in 2 days and be done, and still allow players like myself to level alts and enjoy it.

Your argument is that you want no leveling and by that you want to remove a huge part of the game for you, which to me is saying you want everything and the rest of us should have nothing, and before you say they could do /50...this has killed other servers in the past and Pheonix knows it which is why they said they will never implement it.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:16 PM by Quik
Silentsam wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:45 PM
Gohanssj wrote:

Thirdly, I have been around DAoC far longer than you and probably most of the people that play here that's almost a guaranteed fact, this isn't even the point, I get it, you like to waste days months and years leveling.. COOL, but I don't and tons of other people don't.

You misunderstand that I want a 'free ride' through the server, not true at all, I just don't want to spend a whole month trying to do 40-50 because they nerfed XP so bad that's what it takes unless you have no life whatsoever outside of this server, you have to take into account classes people are playing group/notgroup worthy etc, sometimes it takes 3 hours to even find a group and then that group maybe lasts 10mins or 8hrs... you might have lots of friends or guildies or nice people around you that have already done the grind in the good old easy days when it took 4hrs to 50, but the returning players and new players don't have this luxury.

x

In what world does it take you to hit 40-50 in a month? I can take any class in the game, except maybe bard, and solo from 40-50 in 2 evenings. That is WORST case, and best case I can use a good farming class to get money and either buy xp items to give them which means I could from 40-50 in 30 minutes if I want to spend plat, but we all know play is easy to get here so it isn't a big deal.

Stop acting like leveling takes a month and look at reality, it takes MAYBE a week with any effort at all and that is SOLO...get any decent group and its 1-2 days.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:21 PM by Silentsam
Quik wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:16 PM
Silentsam wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 6:45 PM
Gohanssj wrote:

x

In what world does it take you to hit 40-50 in a month? I can take any class in the game, except maybe bard, and solo from 40-50 in 2 evenings. That is WORST case, and best case I can use a good farming class to get money and either buy xp items to give them which means I could from 40-50 in 30 minutes if I want to spend plat, but we all know play is easy to get here so it isn't a big deal.

Stop acting like leveling takes a month and look at reality, it takes MAYBE a week with any effort at all and that is SOLO...get any decent group and its 1-2 days.

In a world where I work 18hr days.

That world.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:25 PM by Gohanssj
Sucking off tramps for chips isn't really a job per se
Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:42 PM by Quik
I understand long work days can suck, and they do, but it doesn't mean you take away half a game just because its part you don't really enjoy, considering lots of others still do.

Fortnite allows you to jump right in and play as does PubG and a multitude of other games, but DAoC is not one of those games. It is meant to put some effort into actually making your toon competitive and not just expecting them to have it premade and ready.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 8:32 PM by Silentsam
Quik wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 7:42 PM
I understand long work days can suck, and they do, but it doesn't mean you take away half a game just because its part you don't really enjoy, considering lots of others still do.

Fortnite allows you to jump right in and play as does PubG and a multitude of other games, but DAoC is not one of those games. It is meant to put some effort into actually making your toon competitive and not just expecting them to have it premade and ready.

Again just misunderstanding whats being said here, they recently changed the way XP works, its made it ludicrous to level up for anyone truly 'casual' like me.

I have been ingame already 3 hours spamming /lfg and there are no groups, I have solo'd 3 bulbs of exp farming constantly oj's near fens with 200% so called xp bonus..

its broken, it needs fixing, its that simple man.

Cant believe how argumentative people are about this topic... crazy stuff, I guess its marmite, love it or hate it kinda thing.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 8:38 PM by Gohanssj
no, you're just an idiot, in 3 hours you could have farmed 90 xp items which would be 2 levels easily from hand in plus tasks plus mob exp would take it to 3 levels most likely. 1 level per hour at 40+ is fine

just because you waste your time doesn't mean the game is broken
Fri 31 Jan 2020 8:43 PM by Quik
Silentsam wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 8:32 PM
Quik wrote:

Again just misunderstanding whats being said here, they recently changed the way XP works, its made it ludicrous to level up for anyone truly 'casual' like me.

I have been ingame already 3 hours spamming /lfg and there are no groups, I have solo'd 3 bulbs of exp farming constantly oj's near fens with 200% so called xp bonus..

Cant believe how argumentative people are about this topic... crazy stuff, I guess its marmite, love it or hate it kinda thing.

I will say on Hib and Alb I could not get a group for the life of me, yet on Mid I rarely have to ask more than once and I am getting invited...

To be fair though, while waiting for a goup just farm xp items. Get 1 kill every 2 mins while looking for a group and use them when you hit town, between them and eggs and snow/earth/branches you can get pretty darn good xp if you farm in the right places.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 8:44 PM by Quik
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 8:38 PM
no, you're just an idiot, in 3 hours you could have farmed 90 xp items which would be 2 levels easily from hand in plus tasks plus mob exp would take it to 3 levels most likely. 1 level per hour at 40+ is fine

just because you waste your time doesn't mean the game is broken

Plus eggs plus branches/earth/snow equals up to a lot of xp, and I forgot about tasks, those are big xp along with the task tokens.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 10:07 PM by Uthred
Ok guys, pls calm down a bit and stop the insults. Thank you for understanding.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 10:44 PM by gotwqqd
Quik wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 8:43 PM
Silentsam wrote:
Quik wrote:

I will say on Hib and Alb I could not get a group for the life of me, yet on Mid I rarely have to ask more than once and I am getting invited...

To be fair though, while waiting for a goup just farm xp items. Get 1 kill every 2 mins while looking for a group and use them when you hit town, between them and eggs and snow/earth/branches you can get pretty darn good xp if you farm in the right places.
All true

But this thread is about it being better before....
Sun 2 Feb 2020 6:04 PM by necrolove1
I agree, they should roll back the latest leveling system to the one prior
Tue 4 Feb 2020 2:13 PM by Wasted_Content
Still hoping NOT for a rollback but for some tweaks and % changes.

A) I think no mob should ever be 0%. Perhaps make the max 300% with no mob ever being lower than 100%.

B) Take tasks off Fibonacci sequence please - it's very unrewarding at high level.

C) Increase task rewards as tasks level up. (B and C would also increase the value of Task Tokens, making them another gold sink, but also making them more rewarding to turn in more often)

D) Tune the XP item reward for some XP items. Ex: If an item is 35-45, it only gives good XP at 35-36. After that it's almost worthless.
Tue 4 Feb 2020 2:36 PM by gruenesschaf
Wasted_Content wrote:
Tue 4 Feb 2020 2:13 PM
C) Increase task rewards as tasks level up. (B and C would also increase the value of Task Tokens, making them another gold sink, but also making them more rewarding to turn in more often)

The entire premise of the daily resetting tasks is that it acts as some kind of rested xp / making the first hour or two of playtime the most valuable each day. If the rewards kept increasing, or there would be no increasing requirements, time spent would basically be all that matters.
Tue 4 Feb 2020 5:20 PM by Quik
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 4 Feb 2020 2:36 PM
Wasted_Content wrote:

The entire premise of the daily resetting tasks is that it acts as some kind of rested xp / making the first hour or two of playtime the most valuable each day. If the rewards kept increasing, or there would be no increasing requirements, time spent would basically be all that matters.

I like how they have the tasks setup and rested xp is a perfect description for it. It allows you to jump on a few different toons to get your quick task completions for whatever you want before settling in on 1 toon for the evening.
Tue 4 Feb 2020 5:28 PM by Horus
Silentsam wrote:

I'm super casual as well yet I've soloed up two toons to 50 since the change. I found it easier doing those 2 than when I did my 1st at server start.
My technique for what it is worth...

Concentrate on mobs that drop task items 1st. Concentrate on YELLOW mobs. The exp is just more efficient than orng. Get to kill task level 1 (15 mobs). If it is a good easy camp, go to the next tier (31 mobs). Change camps to get the next 15...etc.
I don't even bother looking for a group actively. If a spot opens, great but might as well be killing while you are looking. Don't have a lot of time? Once you hit all the camps you can to get the 15, log out and come back in the next day after the tasks reset.

As so as possible I hit the frontier. There are some great spots for low lev behind the relic gates. Collect frontier items (snow branches etc) and tinders as well as exp items. You will be ganked eventually when you venture out but who cares?

Turn in eggs, branches, task coins, exp items as you get them. Just rinse and repeat moving to yellow camps as need be, getting as many of the easy 15/31 mob kill rewards as you can. If you find a camp you like with a big mob bonus, stick there for a while.

I know this solo technique is better for some classes than others but since HQ drops are so common, and once you have some tinders...any class should be able to do this. you will be 50 in no time. I don't even try orange mobs until in my 40s and only if they are a convenient, easy camp.
Tue 4 Feb 2020 6:23 PM by Kampfar
Horus nailed it
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:16 PM by Thesoldier
As a casual player, I came back after a couple months off. Certain classes are gimped because they cannot get into XP groups. I rolled a Cabalist and even with a week and a half of casual play I made it to level 41. However it's still slower than it used to be. Give solo players an option to grind up to RVR, give us catacombs or something. Imagine trying to level up a stealther class, unless you get a group that is willing to take you on, you're SOL or farming to buy XP task items.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:43 AM by gotwqqd
Thesoldier wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 6:16 PM
As a casual player, I came back after a couple months off. Certain classes are gimped because they cannot get into XP groups. I rolled a Cabalist and even with a week and a half of casual play I made it to level 41. However it's still slower than it used to be. Give solo players an option to grind up to RVR, give us catacombs or something. Imagine trying to level up a stealther class, unless you get a group that is willing to take you on, you're SOL or farming to buy XP task items.
I’ve recruited my 9 year old to level up the assassins
Tue 11 Feb 2020 7:50 AM by Forlornhope
I would actually love the hell of adding task dungeons
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:13 AM by Dunga
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 4 Feb 2020 2:36 PM
Wasted_Content wrote:

SOLO-PLAY:
that is the point the first 1 or 2h a day. for casual play its all fine, if u dont have time or fun to play longer this toon, fine... at the end u will be 50 with ~25h played, took a month or something like this but its ~25h played.
with the old system it doesnt count that way.... i was after ~20-24h played 50, if i wanted in 1-2 days. now i need 30-35h or more!? u need to know much over ur realm and plan ur xp route, where are which tasks, where are which mobs, switch to si/dungeons/.... to get the tasks...
so at the end the casual/1-2h a day player need the same time as befor or will be maybe a little faster, the guy who plays, at the weekend, his toon for 6h will need more time as befor...

I don't care how it works now, but I still can't understand this change
Sat 16 May 2020 2:20 AM by Dsai
I just started here and I am considering going to the live server. I first went there so I don't have to deal with the slow xp here. At least there I have a couple 50's already. I originally went there and saw that Phoenix was supposed to be better and it was set up so you didn't have to spend days getting to 50. Obviously I saw an old post because that is no longer true.
Sat 16 May 2020 2:35 AM by ExcretusMaximus
I'll never understand these changes. I didn't understand them when they made them, and I don't now.

What is the purpose of making the worst part of the game even worse?
Sat 16 May 2020 11:48 PM by Azrael
Dsai wrote:
Sat 16 May 2020 2:20 AM
I just started here and I am considering going to the live server. I first went there so I don't have to deal with the slow xp here. At least there I have a couple 50's already. I originally went there and saw that Phoenix was supposed to be better and it was set up so you didn't have to spend days getting to 50. Obviously I saw an old post because that is no longer true.

Makes no sense. You write you went to live so you do not have to deal with the slow xp here and then you are surprised about the bad xp? Perhaps you can improve with your troll/qq posts in the future since this is your first one.
Thu 21 May 2020 4:55 PM by Dsai
went to live first....
Sat 15 Aug 2020 2:40 AM by koopycommander
I've also cut down my play time to logging on a couple hours every 3-4 weeks rather than playing every day as a result of the leveling changes and no longer recommend this game to my friends. It's a shame but everything gets corrupt over time and it happened to Phoenix. It was good while it lasted!
Mon 17 Aug 2020 3:55 AM by Forlornhope
koopycommander wrote:
Sat 15 Aug 2020 2:40 AM
I've also cut down my play time to logging on a couple hours every 3-4 weeks rather than playing every day as a result of the leveling changes and no longer recommend this game to my friends. It's a shame but everything gets corrupt over time and it happened to Phoenix. It was good while it lasted!

Leveling really isn't bad, if it takes longer than 24 hours /played to level anything other than a solo healer then you're not doing it right.
Tue 18 Aug 2020 5:08 PM by darkstar00
Forlornhope wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020 3:55 AM
koopycommander wrote:

Leveling really isn't bad, if it takes longer than 24 hours /played to level anything other than a solo healer then you're not doing it right.

Most group friendly classes I've been averaging 18-19 hrs to 50... but this is also because I'm familiar with the game at this point.

Someone who is new to the game and doesn't understand the most efficient ways to level will most likely take longer for there first 50.

So I generally agree it shouldn't take longer than 24 hrs... unless you're playing non group friendly classes.
Tue 18 Aug 2020 11:28 PM by Forlornhope
darkstar00 wrote:
Tue 18 Aug 2020 5:08 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020 3:55 AM
koopycommander wrote:

Most group friendly classes I've been averaging 18-19 hrs to 50... but this is also because I'm familiar with the game at this point.

Someone who is new to the game and doesn't understand the most efficient ways to level will most likely take longer for there first 50.

So I generally agree it shouldn't take longer than 24 hrs... unless you're playing non group friendly classes.

I believe there are a few different leveling guides on this forum. They've obviously know how to use the forum since they made a thread complaining about how slow leveling is, so I don't really know why they didn't spend their time looking on the forum for one of the any guides that exist on here. But anyway, even most non group friendly classes shouldn't have that hard of a time leveling to 50 here once they have some sort of idea on how to do it. Which they can get by asking others, which I admit can be hit or miss asking in /advice in game. A lot of newer players issues is more likely them being used to newer games that make leveling on things like quests quick and almost a no brainer. That's more of the issue, their expectations, not the speed and leveling methods of this game.
Wed 19 Aug 2020 8:59 AM by Scope
I find the balance right on this server. Raising a level 50 character is not too fast (so you can be proud to have your own 50 character), and it's not too long either.
The most complicated is for the stealthy classes, who have a hard time being grouped.
Sat 26 Sep 2020 4:04 AM by koopycommander
I see that what I said hit a nerve. I think it's because this game (Phoenix) used to be a different game, and people are aware that it is. Also, you're not getting to 50 in 24 hours played as a solo Warden. Solo all the way, record it, make a video. I want to see the proof. There won't be one because you can't do it.

Nonsense aside, the old Phoenix was just a better game. Got to see some of that during the PvP event, bringing back fast leveling. They took it out of the game to bring it back. So, I guess everyone who was saying slower leveling was better just got a week-long disappointment. I heard about it from a games Web site, and came back to check it out. So they do remember how to award XP quickly. Very nice. See you next time!
Fri 2 Oct 2020 9:38 AM by Scope
koopycommander wrote:
Sat 26 Sep 2020 4:04 AM
I see that what I said hit a nerve. I think it's because this game (Phoenix) used to be a different game, and people are aware that it is.Also, you're not getting to 50 in 24 hours played as a solo Warden. Solo all the way, record it, make a video. I want to see the proof. There won't be one because you can't do it.

Nonsense aside, the old Phoenix was just a better game. Got to see some of that during the PvP event, bringing back fast leveling. They took it out of the game to bring it back. So, I guess everyone who was saying slower leveling was better just got a week-long disappointment. I heard about it from a games Web site, and came back to check it out. So they do remember how to award XP quickly. Very nice. See you next time!

If I want to play solo, I don't play an MMORPG.
Sat 10 Jul 2021 7:06 PM by iwagner
I don't get why I have to spend months farming and leveling up toons to find out I cannot afford to template them. The event made leveling the most enjoyable i have seen in many years in any form of DAOC. Don't we all want to be level 50 and out in RvR? That would help the server stay alive rather than kill it by discouraging people from inviting friends to join this "fun?" long grind. I will be on live till I can easily template here.

RIP Phoenix and Uthgard (bad management 101)
Sat 10 Jul 2021 9:41 PM by ExcretusMaximus
iwagner wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 7:06 PM
I don't get why I have to spend months farming and leveling up toons to find out I cannot afford to template them.

Months?

If it takes you more than 40 hours of /played time to level and template anything (except maybe, maybe an assassin, I haven't templated one of those), you're doing something horribly wrong. So, given that timespan, you'd have to be playing somewhere around 40 minutes a day, and if that's the case, MMOs just aren't for you.
Sun 11 Jul 2021 6:01 AM by evert
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 9:41 PM
iwagner wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 7:06 PM
I don't get why I have to spend months farming and leveling up toons to find out I cannot afford to template them.

Months?

If it takes you more than 40 hours of /played time to level and template anything (except maybe, maybe an assassin, I haven't templated one of those), you're doing something horribly wrong. So, given that timespan, you'd have to be playing somewhere around 40 minutes a day, and if that's the case, MMOs just aren't for you.

Oh just stop. Weaponless champ/thane temp is 100p+, then the weapons on top. Let’s say 24h for 50, I’m sure you can make 5p/h on your untemped champ with no salvage skills…
Sun 11 Jul 2021 10:49 AM by ExcretusMaximus
evert wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 6:01 AM
Oh just stop. Weaponless champ/thane temp is 100p+,

Bullshit. This isn't live with ToA bonuses to worry about.
Sun 11 Jul 2021 11:22 AM by evert
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 10:49 AM
evert wrote:

Ok it’s 50p and you can’t make 3p an hour on an untemped champ either. Why is it so hard to admit you were wrong?
Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:11 PM by CowwoC
evert wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 11:22 AM
Ok it’s 50p and you can’t make 3p an hour on an untemped champ either. Why is it so hard to admit you were wrong?
Just don't feed the addicted troll. In his mind everyone who can't spend 24/7 on the server like him is either stupid, lazy or simply bad at the game.
Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:56 PM by ExcretusMaximus
evert wrote:

Because I'm not. You've already changed your stance once, and you're still exaggerating by a pretty big margin with quite the strawman hypothetical.
Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:57 PM by ExcretusMaximus
CowwoC wrote:
Tue 13 Jul 2021 12:11 PM
Just don't feed the addicted troll. In his mind everyone who can't spend 24/7 on the server like him is either stupid, lazy or simply bad at the game.

I'm not trolling, and I don't think that about people at all.
Thu 15 Jul 2021 12:12 AM by Svekt
evert wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
evert wrote:

Um my cab is not temped and pulls in 4-5 plat an hour just pulling gobos.... just saying.... also excrete is not a troll, he provides a lot of information and question asking on the forum and regularly contributes to discussions.

-pcom
Thu 15 Jul 2021 7:40 AM by Olk
Just want to addmy story here cause it fits.
It took me about a week of several hours per day (I'min a full time job) to achieve the following: 50 Ranger temped, 50 Ench temped, all salvage skills upped and about 20k feathers.
The feathers were from token-raids and I strictly soloed all the way. No groups, no other crafters, no p from my amazing guild.
I was completely new to phoenix and only played Uth before.

I think the leveling is very balanced to MY needs. If you wanna go fast there are the events, if you wanna take your time, there's plenty of PvE and tasks. I like it!
Thu 15 Jul 2021 9:09 AM by evert
Svekt wrote:
Thu 15 Jul 2021 12:12 AM
evert wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
evert wrote:

Um my cab is not temped and pulls in 4-5 plat an hour just pulling gobos.... just saying.... also excrete is not a troll, he provides a lot of information and question asking on the forum and regularly contributes to discussions.

-pcom

What caused you to misread "champ" for "cab"? I would love to be refuted on either of the two facts in my post, but I can't be bothered to argue with someone whos posts have no relation to reality. The reader can make their own mind up about whether a weaponless champ temp+weapons costs more or less than 50p and whether an untemped champ can make 3p+ an hour; feel free to try it.
Thu 15 Jul 2021 5:03 PM by Svekt
My apologies, I replied to this in the morning. I did indeed misread champ for cab somehow. However my statement about excretus still stands and is relevant to the conversation. Thanks for clarifying and catching my mistake.

As for a champ pulling in that much you are correct you would not pull in that money at least not solo. However if I was trying to temp a champ which I have, I wouldn’t use the champ to farm I would use my animist. If I didn’t have an animist I would level one to 50 and just farm with that as leveling an animist is insanely quick.

But yes, again my bad on misreading champ for cab
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics