Can we please make it a little harder for stealthers to kill casters.

Started 25 Feb 2019
by sorcierx
in RvR
[edit - Language], these tasks make it WAY too easy for stealthers to kill casters when all you're trying to do is turn in snow / branches / dirt....

I tried running from Albion portal to the Mid merchant to turn in snow and got perf'd 3-4 times, backstabbed 3-4 times not even making it to the mile gate.

I don't mind getting run over buy a group of mids / hibs / albs, but the fact a solo stealther can just sit in 1 spot and pick off casters is [edit - Language].

This [edit - Language] is broken. It NEEDS to be fixed.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 4:49 AM by defiasbandit
Why is it that its way harder to kill a tank as a caster, than it is to kill caster an Assassin. Nerf stealth. Force them to spec MoS.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 4:57 AM by sorcierx
I don't care about how the class works, but don't make everyone have to run 1 path to get to the merchant if there's no ports. The location of the merchants is the issue, to get to the merchants you have to run to the mile gate. This gives stealthers a guaranteed location they can sit and pick off cloth wearers.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 5:02 AM by defiasbandit
sorcierx wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 4:57 AM
I don't care about how the class works, but don't make everyone have to run 1 path to get to the merchant if there's no ports. The location of the merchants is the issue, to get to the merchants you have to run to the mile gate. This gives stealthers a guaranteed location they can sit and pick off cloth wearers.

Perhaps there could be turnin NPC somewhere in the border keep zone.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 5:16 AM by jelzinga_EU
Or perhaps solo casters shouldn't run on their own in the frontier ? Just because on live you have more health than a hybrid does here, have brittle-guards, IP-on-gloves, 400 DEX cast-speed and a raid-boss as pet it doesn't mean that should be the norm.

Your views are largely based on how live works. Back on this patch-level on live the situation was entirely the same. You didn't run out as a solo-caster because you would be free RPs to archers and assassins.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 7:11 AM by sorcierx
jelzinga_EU wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 5:16 AM
Or perhaps solo casters shouldn't run on their own in the frontier ? Just because on live you have more health than a hybrid does here, have brittle-guards, IP-on-gloves, 400 DEX cast-speed and a raid-boss as pet it doesn't mean that should be the norm.

Your views are largely based on how live works. Back on this patch-level on live the situation was entirely the same. You didn't run out as a solo-caster because you would be free RPs to archers and assassins.

My views have nothing to do with Live. Zero, zilch, nada. I haven't played live in years.

But since you brought it up, I don't think live has a realm task that leads you into enemy territory where you have to run through a gauntlet of stealthers to turn in a participation item.

It's not just bad for casters, it's bad for all solo players. Imagine hitting 50, working on your template, go solo as any character just trying to turn in items and keep getting hit by stealthers because you HAVE to go through a zone they know they can camp in and you have to go through.

Again, I don't care how live works, I'm saying forcing people to run through a pool of stealthers to get to a task npc is a bit ridiculous and needs to be fixed.

So before you go putting words in my mouth, don't. I never mentioned live, you did.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 7:36 AM by giz0r
Let me see if I understand. You want to make it harder for an ASSASSIN - a character specialized in killing people solo - to kill a very low HP, no-defence glass cannon?
Mon 25 Feb 2019 7:43 AM by dudis
It should be easier for support classes to kill assassins and for assassins to kill heavy tanks and for tanks to kill casters!
Mon 25 Feb 2019 8:31 AM by rubaduck
Assassins in Daoc are hyper vulnerable, so they need their quick in, quick out mechanics. If you change this dynamics the assassins will be unplayable. Running to deliver the task items solo is a risk that can be highly lethal.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 9:15 AM by Sepplord
What forces anyone to run out solo to turn in items?
A solos turn ins aren't going to change the outcome of the realmwar, and can be saved until next time
Mon 25 Feb 2019 9:21 AM by jelzinga_EU
sorcierx wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 7:11 AM
jelzinga_EU wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 5:16 AM

My views have nothing to do with Live. Zero, zilch, nada. I haven't played live in years.

But since you brought it up, I don't think live has a realm task that leads you into enemy territory where you have to run through a gauntlet of stealthers to turn in a participation item.

It's not just bad for casters, it's bad for all solo players. Imagine hitting 50, working on your template, go solo as any character just trying to turn in items and keep getting hit by stealthers because you HAVE to go through a zone they know they can camp in and you have to go through.

Again, I don't care how live works, I'm saying forcing people to run through a pool of stealthers to get to a task npc is a bit ridiculous and needs to be fixed.

So before you go putting words in my mouth, don't. I never mentioned live, you did.

I think you completely misunderstand my point and have a completely different idea about the game than I do.

a) You somehow got a participation item (which you only get for doing something in the frontier, either PvP'ing or a PvE'ing). These items stay on your character even after the task, so you're not forced in any way to run to the supplier master solo. You can simply do it with a group/zerg if you like. Furthermore, did you get those items solo? How is it possible you can XP as a solo-caster in the frontier but can't hand this item in?

b) You want to nerf a highly specific class which is 100% around killing solo-people and is absolutely useless in groups (contrary to the caster) just so you can hand in an item more conveniently ? Do you also want assassin and archers in groups and take your spot ? You're essentially trying to do something on your class where it is very bad at (soloing in frontier) and your proposal is to nerf someone else his one and only niche ?

c) There are 2 supply-masters in each realm. There is, beside running through AMG the possibility to wait for porter-abilities and run from any of those to a supply-master.

Casters are wanted in RvR-groups. Casters rake in RP's in zerg-fights. Casters are wanted in PvE-groups. Casters are easy to template. The downside of all that is that you do not excel at solo-RvR in the frontier. Assassins are [Edit - Language] in RvR-groups, [Edit - Language] in PvE-groups and do not get much benefit out of zerg-fights. They want to pick off stragglers and solo people "trying to get to the zerg" and your suggestion is to nerf them for that.. Seriously ?
Mon 25 Feb 2019 5:56 PM by sorcierx
I at no point said "nerf stealthers" but apparently you like putting words in my mouth yet again.

Having a designated path to turn in items hurts people who like to solo, nobody should HAVE to group, nor should they get this punished for not grouping just to turn in a participation item simply because the way chosen to create the event leaves anyone solo 100% vulnerable to stealthers if their realm is unable to capture any of the points out in any frontier.

It's a literal mine field that players are being forced to run through to get to a merchant that they cannot in any way run around if their realm doesn't take control points.

I have no issues with how stealthers "work" , I have issues with being forced to run through a mine field just to turn snow / branches / dirt.

It seems almost too easy for stealthers to sit around and wait, knowing there will be quite a few people running over them.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 6:15 PM by Logan17
I guess your title might be misleading. To me it sounds more like you'd want to nerf stealthers than change task npcs. So maybe consider changing it to prevent misunderstanding.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 6:31 PM by defiasbandit
rubaduck wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 8:31 AM
Assassins in Daoc are hyper vulnerable, so they need their quick in, quick out mechanics. If you change this dynamics the assassins will be unplayable. Running to deliver the task items solo is a risk that can be highly lethal.

Lol vanish.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 6:32 PM by defiasbandit
Stealth detection on this server needs big buffs.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 8:05 PM by DinoTriz
Sounds like you know exactly where the stealthers will be.

Exploit their predictability.

Look at you. You're the stealther now.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 9:34 PM by sorcierx
DinoTriz wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 8:05 PM
Sounds like you know exactly where the stealthers will be.

Exploit their predictability.

Look at you. You're the stealther now.

Yep, I'm still a visible character who can't see them and I still have to go past them to get to my turn in.
Mon 25 Feb 2019 10:34 PM by lilrdmandy
rubaduck wrote:

Vanish and mastery of stealth just for speccing in stealth makes this a load of crap. They're "vulnerable" every 10 minutes when vanish/purge is down (cause y'know, they can't vanish when stunned...)
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:41 AM by Stimmed
lilrdmandy wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 10:34 PM
rubaduck wrote:

Vanish and mastery of stealth just for speccing in stealth makes this a load of crap. They're "vulnerable" every 10 minutes when vanish/purge is down (cause y'know, they can't vanish when stunned...)

Vanish is 15. Also if they vanish and go afk for 15 minutes till its back up. Whats the difference if they kill someone die and run back? can be back there quicker then that to hit you again?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 5:25 AM by jelzinga_EU
sorcierx wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 5:56 PM
I at no point said "nerf stealthers" but apparently you like putting words in my mouth yet again.

Having a designated path to turn in items hurts people who like to solo, nobody should HAVE to group, nor should they get this punished for not grouping just to turn in a participation item simply because the way chosen to create the event leaves anyone solo 100% vulnerable to stealthers if their realm is unable to capture any of the points out in any frontier.

It's a literal mine field that players are being forced to run through to get to a merchant that they cannot in any way run around if their realm doesn't take control points.

I have no issues with how stealthers "work" , I have issues with being forced to run through a mine field just to turn snow / branches / dirt.

It seems almost too easy for stealthers to sit around and wait, knowing there will be quite a few people running over them.

You're explicitly stating stealthers in your subject and you even mention in your OP you don't mind getting killed by visibles, just stealthers. I'm not putting words in your mouth, you literally did say that

With that being out of the way and said, if you think the problem isn't stealthers inherent strength versus casters but just the predictability of being able to "camp" a certain area (e.g. from PK to Supply Turn-in NPC) I would like to point out that this task also came with Domination teleporters which makes it a lot easier to get around and makes it possible to completely avoid the number 1 choke-points, the milegates.

As said before, the snow/soil/branches do not get removed from your inventory once the task is done, so you can just hold onto them and run with friends/zergs to the NPC to turn-in.

The fact you say "nobody should HAVE to group" is true, and you don't have to. But in a MMORPG like DAOC you're at a distinct disadvantage if you don't and you will be vulnerable if you're alone, not only to stealthers. That has nothing to do with the task-system and/or turn-in NPC - it is a fact of the game and very unlikely to change.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:36 AM by krycek
These threads are funny to read. Welcome to daoc. Enjoy your stay.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:53 AM by defiasbandit
krycek wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:36 AM

Stealth detection is gonna get fixed. Have fun speccing into MoS.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:56 AM by Tritri
defiasbandit wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 8:53 AM
krycek wrote:

Well there isn't much to fear from people waiting for the game to change to get kills
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:57 AM by jelzinga_EU
defiasbandit wrote:
krycek wrote:

This will literally do nothing to how a caster will do against an assassin. It is like giving clerics access to a heal-proc and how that will resolve the interaction between tanks and Determination.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:35 AM by relvinian
The problem is vanish. Even if you bring along a couple bodyguards the stealther can pop u and then vanish.

Also when they are talking about removing the teleports to dominate, they are not considering solos or casters at all.

Most of the people who vote on polls and things on this forum are hardcore.

Casuals and solos, unlike the op here, probably don't post here much.

Everyone that is elite and hardcore and who can beat any system tell someone like this to quit whining and then leave things in like vanish or remove the porters.

Not everyone can get a group. Not everyone is elite. The devs have to consider everyone not just the hardcore elite when they make decisions-- and im not talking to the devs-- im talking to the people who dismiss this op's comment.

To the op, from this system, if you are low level, then maybe ask for help to get to the turn in and get a couple 50s, and at least one who can res, because I'm able to kill some stealthers solo, but i cannot save you or even avenge you. They can kill you, blow me a kiss, and vanish, even if im attacking them.

Also, for leveling these items act like eggs, so its xp for these people so of course they have to go to the turn in point.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 12:16 PM by Durgrim
I do like the paper rock scissors system here. Some classes are meant to be grouped in order to survive. In my opinion there is absolutely no need for change.
From my point of view, you as the OP, have not found your own role regarding your playstyle yet.
Before asking for fundamental changes, I kindly ask you to question yourself, what you could do in first place in order to avoid your past gaming experience.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:16 PM by sorcierx
I'll admit when I made this post I was a bit hot headed at the time, got killed by 5-6 stealthers between APK and AMG in mid.

However, the argument of "wait for ports" isn't even close to a good one.
---Your realm is outnumbered.
---You can't get ports.
---You can't get a group
---I guess you just cant turn in these items

I don't find a group to turn the items in because I'm not that guy who joins a group just to get my task done then leave.

I just hit 50, I'm not templated and I run with 1 friend, he's a Sorc I'm a Theurgist.

As others have said it's not enough, 1 of us gets hit and before the other 1 can do anything about it you're dead and the stealther is gone.

This post wasn't meant to say "nerf stealthers" everyone who thought that I'm sorry you interpreted the post wrong.

The event is what's flawed and having 1 set path to a mile gate for stealthers to just sit and wait if the realm trying to turn in has no ports.
--I have not played or even looked at stealthers on this server and after hearing MoS5 and Vanish is basically free for a stealther, that's a bit broken. I cannot tell you how many times many years ago on live how many stealthers I melee'd on my Sorc to pop them from stealth because they didn't spec enough stealth or MoS.

As for why I said casters it's probably because that's what I prefer to play, but also they're the easiest target so why wouldn't a stealther sit in 1 spot and wait for a caster or a small group of casters kill 1 and then vanish.

I said I don't mind getting hit by visible characters because well, I can see them coming, I don't just get perf'd / backstabbed stunned out of nowhere and don't even get a chance to fight back.

I don't have a good fix for this situation, but allowing stealthers to stand in 1 location to pick off solos / duos is a bit absurd.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:38 PM by Stimmed
I hope they remove Vanish. I play Infil and only Infil. But I can see how people think its not fair. I don't actually run it any more. It wouldnt change you dieing in anyway to the stealther but I guess if you see that stealther not able to instantly vanish and avoid 5 ppl you might not quite feel as bad cause he died to kill you.

The problem is as well most the time by the time they vanish run off hide you can almost buff up and be half way back to the same spot (depending where it is). So that stelather will be coming back for you anyway

Also this whole "Have to spec MOS will nerf assassins" spin defias keeps saying is utter garbage. The only reason ppl complain is there getting 2 shot not having to spec MOS is not gonna change that lol. You will still get 3 shot or easily die within CD stun. You can literally have no offensive RAs and this will still happen unless the caster is running extremly high PD then maybe he lives the stun.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:03 PM by sorcierx
Stimmed wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:38 PM
I hope they remove Vanish. I play Infil and only Infil. But I can see how people think its not fair. I don't actually run it any more. It wouldnt change you dieing in anyway to the stealther but I guess if you see that stealther not able to instantly vanish and avoid 5 ppl you might not quite feel as bad cause he died to kill you.

The problem is as well most the time by the time they vanish run off hide you can almost buff up and be half way back to the same spot (depending where it is). So that stelather will be coming back for you anyway

Also this whole "Have to spec MOS will nerf assassins" spin defias keeps saying is utter garbage. The only reason ppl complain is there getting 2 shot not having to spec MOS is not gonna change that lol. You will still get 3 shot or easily die within CD stun. You can literally have no offensive RAs and this will still happen unless the caster is running extremly high PD then maybe he lives the stun.

Okay, give all casters MoC free of charge. Wont make a difference.

If it costs RSP's it makes a difference to not costing RSP's.

Like I've said in a previous post, if a stealther has lower stealth and no MoS a caster can literally walk past them and see them ( at least I used to on many years ago on live with my Sorc of course can't test it here )
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:06 PM by defiasbandit
Remove vanish. Buff stealth detection.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:21 PM by Stimmed
sorcierx wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:03 PM
Stimmed wrote:

Okay, give all casters MoC free of charge. Wont make a difference.

If it costs RSP's it makes a difference to not costing RSP's.

Like I've said in a previous post, if a stealther has lower stealth and no MoS a caster can literally walk past them and see them ( at least I used to on many years ago on live with my Sorc of course can't test it here )

What? How is giving MOC to casters for free the same as making stealthers spec into MOS? For starters if you walk over a stealther and he didnt perf you and your solo hes an idiot or afk and in the total wrong position. Also at this patch level that never happened. Not until TOA came in and SL items etc. At no point if the stealther was comp spec 50 could you just walk near him and see him clearly at this patch level. My whole post was saying you dont need Damage RA's on a Assassin to 2/3 shot casters. I do it without critting all the time.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:27 PM by sorcierx
You also said giving stealther MoS for free made no difference, so give all caster MoC shouldn't make a difference right?

If you have to spec MoS than a RR3 who's spec'd MoS clearly has an advantage over an RR1 who hasn't yet.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:36 PM by Cythraul
What do you think Mastery of Stealth does?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:37 PM by Stimmed
sorcierx wrote: You also said giving stealther MoS for free made no difference, so give all caster MoC shouldn't make a difference right?

If you have to spec MoS than a RR3 who's spec'd MoS clearly has an advantage over an RR1 who hasn't yet.

Your comparing apples to oranges.... MOC and MOS are not even in the same conversation. Not to mention the rest of the added effects of every caster having MOC for free for balance of the game.

I am saying (please read) that right now if I had to spend 30 points on MOS and lower purge and some damage ras. It would not effect how I kill a solo caster in the slightest. And all the people complaining are solo casters running in straight lines half the time unbuffed with no shields copping a 50 CS perf to the face then complaining stealthers kill them to easy.

Giving MOC to casters would obviously effect game play. If they run Purge 3 with Free MOC they can use it every 10 minutes. If its a life tap caster that will effect there survivability yes. If its just damage caster I think it prolly wouldn't as you would still die before you could kill the assassin killing you without life tapping health back. But no where have I mentioned ras for a caster apart from if they had PD to mitigate getting instantly gibbed. Not sure why your bringing MOC into this? Hell go spec MOC and Purge 3 if thats going to make such a difference and try it?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:42 PM by Zansobar
Stimmed wrote:

I somewhat agree about the MOS changes...with how easy it is to get Realm Ranks here having to spec into MOS won't make a lot of difference because every assassin will just buy MOS 9 and we are right back to where we are today...assassins being top of the food chain with no hope of archers standing a chance due to the stealth mechanics. It will make some difference in that it means one less realm ability that the assassin will get to max that will make his damage or defense better. We are 6 weeks into the server and we have RR9 people.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 9:57 PM by florin
You guys are silly
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:12 PM by cocio_dk
its the circle of life, stealth kill caster- caster kill tank -- tank kill stealth, stop whine u prolly add on everything u see anyways
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:16 PM by defiasbandit
cocio_dk wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:12 PM
its the circle of life, stealth kill caster- caster kill tank -- tank kill stealth, stop whine u prolly add on everything u see anyways

It is not though. Much easier to kill caster with assassins, than kill tank as caster here.

It is imbalanced.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:19 PM by tsteken
Laughs in bonedancing
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:22 PM by Brokenstring
Vanish does seem pretty OP here. Wish I had that on Uthgard on my Nightshade.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:26 PM by Kwall0311
defiasbandit wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 6:32 PM

I dont see how Removing vanish or increasing stealth detection ( two of the things youre most vocal about ) Would help you as as solo caster, or anyone else for that matter, other than groups running over stealther areas.

If you come within melee range, youre gonna get Pa'd. Instead of auto running in a straight line , make yourself a hard target. Its pretty simple. Dive, duck, dip, dive, and dodge, follow groups. Casters arent made to solo. If you do, youre gonna have a bad time. And ill keep farming.

If anyone ever took away rps from you in a 1v1 by using vanish, laugh at them like i said in another post.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:49 PM by Freudinio
Bring back stealthlore.

Problem solved.
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:52 PM by florin
Kwall0311 wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:26 PM
defiasbandit wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 6:32 PM

I dont see how Removing vanish or increasing stealth detection ( two of the things youre most vocal about ) Would help you as as solo caster, or anyone else for that matter, other than groups running over stealther areas.

If you come within melee range, youre gonna get Pa'd. Instead of auto running in a straight line , make yourself a hard target. Its pretty simple. Dive, duck, dip, dive, and dodge, follow groups. Casters arent made to solo. If you do, youre gonna have a bad time. And ill keep farming.

If anyone ever took away rps from you in a 1v1 by using vanish, laugh at them like i said in another post.

But how does he hold #1 deaths record doing that?
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:33 AM by krycek
defiasbandit wrote:
krycek wrote:

And you'll still get farmed by assassins. Nothing will change.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:37 AM by phixion
Just pop MoC?
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:41 AM by florin
tsteken wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:19 PM
Laughs in bonedancing

X1000
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:06 AM by defiasbandit
phixion wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:37 AM
Just pop MoC?

You mean like die through MoC.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:58 AM by dante`afk
why is this thread even open?
Wed 27 Feb 2019 9:50 AM by Sepplord
i am really intrested in what the casters in this thread think MOS does, and how it would change the stealther-caster interaction if stealthers would sepcc it.

So much plain wrong info in this thread, by people asking for balance changes
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:06 AM by Ceen
I've heard MOS makes visibles see you less often and enables you to use poisoned weapons.
Needs a nerf imo.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 11:43 AM by Peister
thread starter is a troll? i srsly hope so xD
Wed 27 Feb 2019 11:46 AM by Peister
Brokenstring wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 10:22 PM
Vanish does seem pretty OP here. Wish I had that on Uthgard on my Nightshade.

In waht way is vanish OP?
Have u tried a server w vanish-PA, now thats OPed, vanish is nowhere near OP here, get a grib!
Wed 27 Feb 2019 11:47 AM by Peister
Freudinio wrote:
Tue 26 Feb 2019 11:49 PM
Bring back stealthlore.

Problem solved.

Stealthlore is already on Phoenix Doh!
Wed 27 Feb 2019 11:49 AM by Peister
krycek wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:33 AM
defiasbandit wrote:
krycek wrote:

And you'll still get farmed by assassins. Nothing will change.

Yea cus MoS wont give him more brain cells ^^
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:17 PM by Sepplord
Ceen wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 10:06 AM
I've heard MOS makes visibles see you less often and enables you to use poisoned weapons.
Needs a nerf imo.

C'mon, at least tag that as sarcasm, someone will read it and take it as truthful information and we get more threads like this one.

Disclaimer: Phoenix-MOS only makes stealthers move faster in stealth here. Original MOS only increased detection of other stealthers and countered that bonus-detection. Detection of visible VS stealthers is not changed by MOS.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 12:51 PM by Anaethema
dante`afk wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 1:58 AM
why is this thread even open?

Because everyone has the right to have their voice heard.

Casters who think they are underpowered.
Light tanks who think they need charge.
Stealthers who want even more abilities...

It doesn't mean they will get what they want, but as long as the discussion is civil and the thread doesn't devolve into name calling or an endlessly repetitive argument
it will remain open for discussion. (by me, anyway)
Wed 27 Feb 2019 3:57 PM by Word
Don't run in straight lines.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:51 PM by dirtyblade
Its not all bed of roses for us stealthers you know...

Yes we kill casters... however its not as simple as it looks or plays.

You say its easy? Then play an assassin and you see how difficult it actually is...

You went on your own? Your own fault, expect to be killed...

Now try see it from a stealther point of view...

We have to take so many factors in this scenario...are you alone? Are you being followed? How quickly can I kill yoi and get away... what toys are we up against...

As stealthers we cant gain tonnes of rp as we have to wait for the right moment.

Ok lets put it like this... and base it on 1 days play...

You play caster
I play stealther

Rps gained by caster per hour would roughly be 50k per hour if in a decent group maybe more i dont know.

Rps gained by a stealther per hour is roughly 7-10k

All i say is... those that moan at stealthers... play one and see how you get on... otherwise stop [edit - Language] moaning
Thu 28 Feb 2019 6:35 AM by Druth
dirtyblade wrote:
Wed 27 Feb 2019 7:51 PM
Rps gained by caster per hour would roughly be 50k per hour if in a decent group maybe more i dont know.

Rps gained by a stealther per hour is roughly 7-10k

Case closed by carefull study, validated by strong statistical evidence.

Top Hib caster last week, 500k on kills, played 10 hours.
Top Hib stealther last week, 400k on kills, played 45 hours.

The reason stealthers seem strong, is because casters are lazy players, who only play 1-2 hours per day, while stealthers treat the game as a full time job.

I personally find it disgusting that a solo based game rewards lazy classes that group this much.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 3:12 PM by Razur Ur
I mean steahlter SB, NS, Infi is to strong vs visible Melee full tanks and hybrid tanks.

I thought steahlter strong vs caster and weak vs tanks but atm steahlter strong vs all.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 3:59 PM by Campjr
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 3:12 PM
I mean steahlter SB, NS, Infi is to strong vs visible Melee full tanks and hybrid tanks.

I thought steahlter strong vs caster and weak vs tanks but atm steahlter strong vs all.

This is not at all accurate since the patch.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:14 PM by Razur Ur
Campjr wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 3:59 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

Not rly, the more hp´s is nice to have but steahlter is strong trought dot, disease and str/con debuff´s and didnt reach this gives vanish. RR9+ Infi, SB´s or NS is
most really strong by well player.

And vanish need reworks that this is first active by enemy adding 1 vs x or after killing enemy (deathblow). Deathblow can reset timer or always activated after Deathblow.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:39 PM by Campjr
Razur Ur wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:14 PM
Campjr wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 3:59 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

Not rly, the more hp´s is nice to have but steahlter is strong trought dot, disease and str/con debuff´s and didnt reach this gives vanish. RR9+ Infi, SB´s or NS is
most really strong by well player.

And vanish need reworks that this is first active by enemy adding 1 vs x or after killing enemy (deathblow). Deathblow can reset timer or always activated after Deathblow.

So claiming a class is really strong and then having to reference it being RR9 AND played by a really good player doesn’t really give your argument any base my friend.

I mean if PA/CD a caster for 20% and they purge double heal, QC CC on you, you’re just about screwed. Those aren't referencing casters that don’t run solo... and any RR9 tank will tell you they do not struggle with ANY assassin on the server. They have to often offer to not use all their toys to get the assassin community to even attack them anymore.

I’m not sure what game you’re playing, but it isn’t this one.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 6:02 PM by Sindralor
we should nerf pa too, I dislike it when I see my hp bar move a tiny little bit on a crit perf

you just hate to see it, really
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:33 PM by Riac
these ppl in this thread that think vanish is op rofl..... how many fights have you lost due to a stealther vanishing on you...i dont mean how many times did the stealther vanish and you go rolled by a group... how many 1v1s did you lose because the stealther vanished and you died because of him vanishing????

also, if your playing a tank and losing to equal realm rank stealthers you need to watch some recordings of your play or something because you are fucking something up badly.

bm/mercs/zerks are a joke to fight r5+.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:21 AM by Razur Ur
Riac wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:33 PM
these ppl in this thread that think vanish is op rofl..... how many fights have you lost due to a stealther vanishing on you...i dont mean how many times did the stealther vanish and you go rolled by a group... how many 1v1s did you lose because the stealther vanished and you died because of him vanishing????

also, if your playing a tank and losing to equal realm rank stealthers you need to watch some recordings of your play or something because you are fucking something up badly.

Sure i lose with my rr5 Warrior vs rr8+ Steahlter :-/ and yeah he is temped. But i see he writting only noob steahlter ^_^.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:06 AM by BashPi
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:21 AM
Riac wrote:

Sure i lose with my rr5 Warrior vs rr8+ Steahlter :-/ and yeah he is temped. But i see he writting only noob steahlter ^_^.

oh, thats not right! please nerf all stealther because razur cant win with his rr5 warrior against sins rr8+. what exactly do you want? as long as anybody can win against your class all other classes must be nerfed? i mostly avoid fights against full tanks oder light tanks cause the chance to release is really high
Tue 12 Nov 2019 2:59 PM by inoeth
Riac wrote:

very very very often, plus very very very often you get pa+cd, then you purge+ip => vanish.... thx for the fight moron
and everybody does it, especially those who always claim they dont do it in 1on1 xD
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:10 PM by Runental
Riac wrote:

Alot so maybe just stfu.
Especially on my Shaman. You need to drop both of your survivability toys, ichor and purge to get some distance.... Vanish, kkthx bye, jump me again in 30 seconds. I'll sit down for you.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:25 PM by Razur Ur
Runental wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:10 PM
Riac wrote:

Alot so maybe just stfu.
Especially on my Shaman. You need to drop both of your survivability toys, ichor and purge to get some distance.... Vanish, kkthx bye, jump me again in 30 seconds. I'll sit down for you.

And this is the problem with vanish, vanish is not op but extreme nervly for abused enemy´s active ra´s. is avantaged enough for steahlter to choose enemy and opening fight. Thats is my reason for rework vanish only the good player didnt use vanish btw didnt skill this ra shit, give only for noobs which meaning they must build steahlter group.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:38 PM by Runental
Razur Ur wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:25 PM
Runental wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:10 PM
Riac wrote:

Alot so maybe just stfu.

And this is the problem with vanish, vanish is not op but extreme nervly for abused enemy´s active ra´s. is avantaged enough for steahlter to choose enemy and opening fight. Thats is my reason for rework vanish only the good player didnt use vanish btw didnt skill this ra shit, give only for noobs which meaning they must build steahlter group.

Totally agree.
A skilled stealther apply crippling poison IMMEDIATELY after i purged his PA/Snare/Disease or he purged my ichor. So with this crippling poison I'm fcked.
An unskilled stealther, and this is the majority as you mentioned above, will just drop you active RAs, vanish and PA you again.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:53 PM by Riac
i drop crippling on inc and after purge, so i guess youd be fucked either way w/o vanish???? tbh if you stay in the same area as a stealther that just vanished, that may be more of a strat problem. might wanna rethink that whole approach.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 4:22 PM by Runental
Fine, if you do so, you're pro. Most sins don't.
And nope, I won't change the area like you advise for 10 minutes till all is up again.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 5:12 PM by Riac
Runental wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 4:22 PM
Fine, if you do so, you're pro. Most sins don't.
And nope, I won't change the area like you advise for 10 minutes till all is up again.

hanging out in an area where a sin just burned all your CDs (not sure why you have to burn ichor and purge to deal with one crippling application) youre gonna change areas whether you want to or not lol. This is one of those play errors i was talking about. if you wanna hang out till death after all CDs are down, thats a play style choice and has little to do with vanish mechanics. i also feel like this is a flawed comparison since this more closely simulates two different fights, you didnt lose the first fight. however, youll most certainly lose the second fight. The thing is, the second fight doesnt have to happen and is completely within your control to avoid since youre going to be moving much faster than the stealthed sin and probably close to a dock to get speed again. if you wanna hang around the area to wait for your sure death, then thats on you.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 5:41 PM by Runental
Oh cool, are you serious?
There is no 1st fight or 2nd fight lol.
Let's imagine i change the area after he burned all my survivability, - let's say from Bled to DC.
I'll arrive DC, ofc RAs are still down, and now another uninvolved Stealther jump me in emain or a FGH steamroll me, whatever.
Nothing up = dead. If the first guy hadn't vanished i may killed him, and may for sure get killed by a 2nd one Zerg, FG ect, but atleast it's a win win situation. I won and (someone else) won.
Your argument makes absolutely no sense.
The Problem isn't the sin itself, the problem is, he waste all your abilitys and you are forced to do just nothing for the next 10 minutes but running without any stuff vs any enemy.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 5:55 PM by Riac
im very serious. the first fight was when all cds were burned and the sin vanishes. the second fight occurs at the very least 30 secs later, after both of you have healed a bit and assuming your in the same area as the sin still (wtf you still there idklol) you could move just up the road a bit or across the bridge anything. instead youre gonna stay in the general area that a sin is and wait on your death idk. the sin is even diseased lol, to assume that you cant move or adapt is a bit of a joke.... why are both cds down even?? lets assume you get PA/cd stunned and must purge. the chances this sin is gonna swap to their after purge crippling poison AND get a swing in (swings must hit to apply poison, which is troublesome in itself) before you can press your W key + insta pbae disease should be quite low. id know, i try my best to swap as fast as possible after purges, its not as easy as it sounds. a lot of times bullshit happens, its crazy.

Tbh your main problem seems to be your own stubbornness. too bad im not a hib or alb sin to capitalize on your refusal to adapt and feed on you lol. all i need is vanish, right?
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:03 PM by Runental
Play a Shaman and tell me how you deal vs garotte spam even if you purge, press W and use your instant disease 😁
But I won't argue with you here. Seems you have no clue about visible speedless classes.
HF anyway 😉
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:05 PM by Riac
Runental wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:03 PM
Play a Shaman and tell me how you deal vs garotte spam even if you purge, press W and use your instant disease 😁

i think you should still get distance with disease and sprint over their garrote spam, also they wont get far spamming the garrote and sprinting since it requires an extremely large amount of endo and if they AH after the garrotte youre home free (considering most of these sins arent using crippling according to you, id assume theyd make that mistake too).
Play a sin and tell me how op vanish is after youve used it for a while.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:10 PM by Runental
I don't play a sin cause I'm to bad for this... Not kidding. 😉
And you're right, I often get distance, that's not the problem. But we talked about the vanish afterwards If I got distance, which is a 50/50 chance.
Don't get me wrong mate, wasn't mean to be an offense.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:14 PM by Riac
Runental wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:10 PM
I don't play a sin cause I'm to bad for this... Not kidding. 😉
And you're right, I often get distance, that's not the problem. But we talked about the vanish afterwards If I got distance, which is a 50/50 chance.
Don't get me wrong mate, wasn't mean to be an offense.

so you should still have ichor up???? also if he pops you again just do that very same thing, get distance and he has no vanish. as soon as you get an inch of distance hes fucked.... if he gets pa on you the second engagement then its a bit on you considering you you knew he was around and should be moving around all crazy as to avoid PAs.

im not offended, youre just being hyperbolic. vanish isnt that strong, a lot of sins dont even run it.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:37 PM by Runental
Dude, you Won't get any distance at a second Inc.
Never ^^
A simple disease poison and your fcked. Not no mention garotte ect.
Belive me, I play cave about 10 years now, have beaten and been killed by dozens of sins.
I believe I know how it works.
The only chance to escape is, if he miss the garotte and breaks the snare, you ichor and purge (which isn't guaranteed if he is fast to purge and reapply poisons), or the last chance a crappy moc 1 root 😁
So all in all, for some classes it's a really hard fight and it's simply annoying if he vanish afterwards.
And that's what it's all about here.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:38 PM by Riac
seems pretty extreme to burn ichor AND purge on first go around, but you do you.

tbh, i feel you even have an advantage on the second encounter if you have a SL pot.... hit the SL and as soon as you see them pbae disease to pop them and take off (turn all crazy to dodge PA, dont fuck this up) that dude is pretty screwed.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:51 PM by Runental
This indeed is true. In the last years i tend towards double dump ichor/purge when somehow it isn't necessary. I may think about this 😉
Tue 12 Nov 2019 6:53 PM by Riac
you should, if you careless burn timers when not needed you set yourself up to get fucked real hard by things like purge,vanish,insta heals. This applies to all classes, not just sham.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:18 PM by Torye
When they vanish just sl and kill them. They can't do any fighting for 40 seconds I believe, easy kill.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:22 PM by Riac
Torye wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:18 PM
When they vanish just sl and kill them. They can't do any fighting for 40 seconds I believe, easy kill.

yea, its like 25-30 secs. a common misconception about vanish is that it works like SOS in the sense that it raises your movespeed to X value. it doesnt work that way. it raises your movespeed by a % of our current value, so if you use it at low hp its not very helpful since low hp movespeed +% = still shitty amount. so most ppl strafe to the side, since strafe movespeed isnt restricted by low hp.

if they vanish at low hp, chances are they wont get far and most likely are strafing.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 7:14 AM by Razur Ur
Torye wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:18 PM

SL Potion is not cheap and you must take many towers and keeps for this claws. Not everyone can buy SL but
everyone steahlter can pick vanish and use!!!
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:00 AM by Pzynom
Hi all.

As a caster you can beat a sin, sure.
But it's not a safe approach.

Assumptions:
- Caster has Mezz + root or ichor
- Caster is not a GB or moc5+ life tap

- Sin attacks, qc 1. Cc.
• Target not be seen - takes time. Higher sin and you probably won't survive a lot of tries.
• Sin resists. You probably die. Next:

- 2. qc cc
• Sin resisted. You apply 2. Cc, maybe purge up, then youre dead
• Sin resists again. You die
• Sin used purge for first Cc and now cced. Here you now have a chance to kill

Summary. You have to have purge and concentration/moc ready. Sin must not resist both CC. And not cause enough damage, that you struggle to get distance against a rooted sin that still hits you while taking distance.
And if you make a mistake, you are dead

It's fun, but most of the time you die and without RAs anyway.
That's OK. I don't think caster should have even chances against Sins. That's only my personal roleplay based view on it. I don't have a sin and only play casters.

Have fun
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:19 AM by Highfather17
That's a hard pass bro.

Casters die to stealthers. That's the game yo.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 11:24 AM by Keelia
sorcierx wrote:
Mon 25 Feb 2019 4:57 AM

You know there’s 2 turn in guys right?
Thu 14 Nov 2019 12:31 AM by Highfather17
If you want to be a caster and fight stealthers then roll bd or SM.

MIDGARD LOL
Thu 14 Nov 2019 1:03 AM by daytonchambers
What about all the low RR sorcs, skalds, BDs, Minstrels, and other visibles that camp these docks in order to kill lowbies? If you're gonna nerf one, you gotta nerf them all.

Ain't gonna happen.

Plus, with the new patch it's already harder to kill casters thanks to the boost in health, I can't even take 40% of the health of a cloth wearer now with a perfectly landed crit. That's a big change for survivability.

If you REALLY want to see a change for people turning items in for XP then what needs to happen is that damage needs to be normalized, and not scaled with level differences. Live changed this in later patches, but it still scales here on Phoenix.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 8:39 AM by Razur Ur
Caster with Lifeleech Cast + moc is god mode :-/, i do melee dmg with lw champion between 250 til 300 dmg and kabba do with moc cast dmg between 200 and 250?
Why get Caster so much love on this Server?
Thu 14 Nov 2019 12:47 PM by Sepplord
how is moc-LL something special "on this server" ?

practice run-through and utilize CC / Dex-debuffs / get someone to use amnesia / break LOS
Thu 14 Nov 2019 1:58 PM by Razur Ur
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 12:47 PM

practice run-through and utilize CC / Dex-debuffs / get someone to use amnesia / break LOS

Offtank can nothing do without banelord and cl disease solo vs caster with moc and lt cast.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:00 PM by vxr
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 1:58 PM
Sepplord wrote:

Offtank can nothing do without banelord and cl disease solo vs caster with moc and lt cast.

How does CL disease help against LT?
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:01 PM by Razur Ur
vxr wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:00 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

i thought disease reduce life leech transfer or not?
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:05 PM by vxr
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:01 PM
vxr wrote:
Razur Ur wrote:

It doesn't.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:10 PM by Razur Ur
vxr wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:05 PM
Razur Ur wrote:
vxr wrote:

It doesn't.
You try out? and thx for info.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:20 PM by vxr
Razur Ur wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:10 PM
vxr wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:05 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

It doesn't.
You try out? and thx for info.

I have actually never tested it, but I am sure I would have felt if disease was reducing the heal from the lifesteal.

I will test it when I get a chance and report back.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:40 PM by Riac
when cabs and sorcs moc LT me, my disease doesnt seem to matter. i havent looked to see if they are getting reduced returns, but they def out heal my dps and kill me w/ the dmg. im a r9 sb, so i like to think my dmg is pretty decent lol
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:42 PM by Sepplord
iirr desease doesn't reduce lifetapping, also spreadheal isn't reduced
(but have tested neither here, and above is 15year old memory )
Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:55 PM by Mavella
Disease definitely does not reduce lifetap returns.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 8:14 AM by Razur Ur
I ask me why not disease works by lt is this a feature?
Fri 15 Nov 2019 8:17 AM by Mavella
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 8:14 AM

Because it isn't a "heal". It's a damage with life return.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 8:29 AM by Razur Ur
Mavella wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 8:17 AM
Razur Ur wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 8:14 AM

Because it isn't a "heal". It's a damage with life return.

is me clear but normal must disease work by life return is nothing another as a heal.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics