Thoughts on solo builds for leveling an Enchanter

Started 13 Nov 2019
by JaggedOne
in Hibernia
I usually level a Chanter by putting 4 points into Enchantments to get the 2 pet buffs and the damage add, and then dumping all subsequent point into Mana. Not only does this make me loved by groups, but I have found that I can actually use the pbaoe nuke when solo, since my melee pets seem to hold aggro well.

But as I was thinking about leveling a new Chanter to 50 (it would be my first 50 Chanter since maybe 2004), two things caused me to question that build:

1. I almost always solo when leveling a toon, due to the chaotic nature of my household....even post-midnight, I might be interrupted and have to afk for periods of time. This makes me not a good group player, so the pbaoe is not actually a requirement for me.

2. I duoed in Thid recently with a Chanter that was Light spec. He used the casting pet, and between the two of them, he was murdering people in Thid. Although I didn't get a chance to see him take one on, this is the first build that I think might have a chance against the dreaded Bonedancer, the Evil God Class of Thid.

So anyway, I was thinking of trying to level a Chanter all the way to 50 as Light instead of Mana, and wanted to get some thoughts on that idea. Would that approach be viable in solo situations even in the 40s ? Would I be able to easily kill ojs, as I can with the other 2 builds ?

Thanks in advance !!!
Wed 13 Nov 2019 10:04 PM by Sepplord
I thought going full light was the Standard soloing spec, but i am not well versed with enches

But i levelled one to lvl23solo last weekend, full light and was murdering oj/yellows

Especially after getting the casterpet.

In the end i just wanted to do one more task and used a spot with orange/reds. Had a Level up and could kill all oranges now, by just nuking them down. Even the ones that had still been red before
Wed 13 Nov 2019 10:10 PM by vilcleft
If you are going to spend a lot of time solo xping, I find light spec to be fabulous. Once you have the pet with the nuke and snare, and if you have the patience, get the pet on stay, for a triangle between you pet and mobs, get your spec nuke ready and yellows and oranges are going down fast.

Then you get the zealot which debuffs for your spec nuke, and reds are falling over without issues

Easy mode, minimal buttons required, for me, definitely the best solo chanter levelling spec and can always respec to mana if grouping becomes an option (proper bomb groups still fastest xp I imagine)

Wyst
Tue 26 Nov 2019 2:19 PM by watbrif
vilcleft wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 10:10 PM
If you are going to spend a lot of time solo xping, I find light spec to be fabulous. Once you have the pet with the nuke and snare, and if you have the patience, get the pet on stay, for a triangle between you pet and mobs, get your spec nuke ready and yellows and oranges are going down fast.

Then you get the zealot which debuffs for your spec nuke, and reds are falling over without issues

Easy mode, minimal buttons required, for me, definitely the best solo chanter levelling spec and can always respec to mana if grouping becomes an option (proper bomb groups still fastest xp I imagine)

Wyst

I'm also levelling a enchanter on the side right now and have him specced on mana; and it's definitively the easiest (ergo: fastest) solo-levelling ride I've been on so far on this server. What I can't assess is whether a light spec is even easier; mana spec at least saves you the tedious respec and reordering of your keybars as soon as you want to group.
Tue 26 Nov 2019 2:50 PM by Horus
Caveat: I have not leveled a chanter here but he was my main on the "other" server.

At least there I found mana at current level -1 and rest in enchantments was the most efficient at focus shield PBAOE leveling.
This seemed to be best balance between pet durability and PBAOE dmg/power management.

At lev 40 I respecced to light and with the zealot pet and heat sensitive mobs like trees you can burn through targets one at a time in a hurry. I also liked light better for RvR especially when paired with another mana spec chanter heat debuffing.

Given how easy respecs are, I would prob base my spec on my current camp/need. If heat sensitive mobs are what I am fighting I'd go light. If not, mana. For groups, mana.
Wed 27 Nov 2019 5:22 AM by gotwqqd
Solo light is wicked fast

No damage variance

Create a triangle between your pet , yourself and the mobs.
Tell pet to stay and then attack with pet after first attack start nuking on own

Try to get max distance between threenpoints
Fri 29 Nov 2019 12:45 AM by stewbeedoo
Just levelled a Light Chanter and was the fastest experience of my 15+ years DAoC experience.

Crazy.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics