Mids who run all the way to Renaris docks just to kill solo grays

Started 12 Nov 2019
by ld420
in Tavern
Have fucking problems IRL. Why do people feel the need.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:19 PM by Riac
its a relic gate, maybe the action is slow and they are trying to kick the nest a little bit. maybe youll log off your gray and bring your 50 out.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:21 PM by ld420
I don't have a 50 to bring out. Hence why I am leveling. Wouldn't it be more intelligent to let levelers level, until they provide a tangible benefit to you murdering them? I am sure this debate has been done to death, but it doesn't make people who do this any less scummy.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:24 PM by Gfxygames
Not going to lie, I've ganked grays by relic gate in hopes they have a 50 they will log on to solo me, or have them broadcast for a 50 to help them. But, I don't repeat gank, that's just mean. You could argue it's mean to gank them in the first place... Oh well, if it's red, it's dead.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:25 PM by Riac
peraphs but how long will that take? i dont really camp relic docks because its boring af, but if im really bored ill kill a grey if nothing is going on. hopefully he makes a post in region and sends out the reinforcements.... also i like to keep my camping area clear, you can bet your ass if that grey sees an opportunity to leech on the fight and keep you in combat or w/e they will do it almost every time. i really dont see the problem with killing greys tbh. you have a whole realm full of safe places, the relic dock just isnt one of them.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:29 PM by ld420
Gfxygames wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:24 PM
Not going to lie, I've ganked grays by relic gate in hopes they have a 50 they will log on to solo me, or have them broadcast for a 50 to help them. But, I don't repeat gank, that's just mean. You could argue it's mean to gank them in the first place... Oh well, if it's red, it's dead.

Yeah but what about if they don't have a 50. Grats, you just turned folks off to not stepping foot in the FZ, AND you got 0 tangible benefit, unless you get off on that sort of thing which makes you a sociopath. I get ganking lowbies if they give you RP's, but let the grays level up some first.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:35 PM by Riac
considering how thin your skin was to running 20 feet and then dying, not counting on you to stick around anyways. just turn your shit in later, its not a big deal.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:39 PM by ld420
Riac wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:35 PM
considering how thin your skin was to running 20 feet and then dying, not counting on you to stick around anyways. just turn your shit in later, its not a big deal.

I was at trees NEAR the docks. I wasnt turning in anything. I got murdered by the same 2 50's 3 times. I figured they would move on to something more productive. Just pointing out how stupid it is. Cool that you condone the behavior.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:42 PM by Riac
trying to xp in a frontier zone has allows been a dangerous endeaver. not sure where you get the notion to xp there w/o any sort of recourse, tbh if i was gonna camp there id clear you out too. i dont want anyone sitting around to potentially add on my fight.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:44 PM by chryso
3 times is a bit much.
Unless you are a minstrel. Then you deserve it.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:51 PM by ColdHands
You entered the frontier zone with the knowledge that you could and likely would be killed. Then after twice running blissfully to your demise you expected the 3rd time would end differently? I hate to break it to you but literally everyone goes into the FZ to kill or be killed and if you are expecting anything else you may want to check your motivation for being out there. Best of luck out there, hurry to 50 so you can come back to complain about dying to people your own level .
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:09 PM by gotwqqd
ColdHands wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:51 PM
You entered the frontier zone with the knowledge that you could and likely would be killed. Then after twice running blissfully to your demise you expected the 3rd time would end differently? I hate to break it to you but literally everyone goes into the FZ to kill or be killed and if you are expecting anything else you may want to check your motivation for being out there. Best of luck out there, hurry to 50 so you can come back to complain about dying to people your own level .
When I start going into the fz@18 I am not going in to be killed. The leveling experience is better, along with the drops for turn in @35 so I can be somewhat competitive in rvr when I get to about 42 and start to participate in true rvr
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:13 PM by ld420
ColdHands wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:51 PM

Comparing getting killed in RvR at 50, to 2 50's repeat gray ganking someone trying to level, and being ok with it, shows your character. If I die at 50 in RvR, well duh, thats the whole point. If you idiots keep trying to stop people from getting to 50 so you have people to kill.....smart. I bet you were one of the 2.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:22 PM by Riac
this guy lol..... if you spent time lvling instead of QQing on the forums you might be green to 50s by now. then youll really get no reprieve.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:29 PM by ld420
Riac wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:22 PM
this guy lol..... if you spent time lvling instead of QQing on the forums you might be green to 50s by now. then youll really get no reprieve.

I mean I am smart enough to multitask, and post between pulls during downtime. Gray ganking is still moronic. And thanks for just assuming I am a guy.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:36 PM by Riac
ld420 wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:29 PM
Riac wrote:

I mean I am smart enough to multitask, and post between pulls during downtime. Gray ganking is still moronic. And thanks for just assuming I am a guy.

and IT delivers again..... obviously "this guy" is just a saying for someone saying or doing dumb shit (aka you in this instance). whats char name btw? lol
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:46 PM by Wolfir666
Just out of curiousity.

What level are you even?

And why do you assume, those two guys were 50?
I know, the latter might be a strange question, but i have seen people running the FZ that are not 50, and if they are below 50, then also people that are usually grey are maybe not grey to them.

Personally i see a lot of rant here, but still not seeing that even.

Apart from that, we don't have to talk about Albs running around in Uppland killing greys, do we?

Happens as well, thats how it goes, it's RvR, and as it was already said, what's red, is better be dead.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:47 PM by Wolfir666
Riac wrote:
you might be green to 50s by now.

Won't work. Only when being dead
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:51 PM by ld420
Wolfir666 wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:46 PM
Just out of curiousity.

What level are you even?

And why do you assume, those two guys were 50?
I know, the latter might be a strange question, but i have seen people running the FZ that are not 50, and if they are below 50, then also people that are usually grey are maybe not grey to them.

Personally i see a lot of rant here, but still not seeing that even.

Apart from that, we don't have to talk about Albs running around in Uppland killing greys, do we?

Happens as well, thats how it goes, it's RvR, and as it was already said, what's red, is better be dead.

Level 24. I know they were 50 because someone finally came and killed the 2 of them, and confirmed they were. I am sure people go to uppland and gank grays, but I will never be a part of that as it is pointless, and does nothing beyond causing frustration to people. I know some people get off on causing people distress, and it is what it is. I bet if there was like a 5 minute debuff that prevented all RP gain for like say 5 minutes after you kill a target that nets 0 rps (honorless target) people would stop. You could still gank helpless levelers if you so chose sure, but it would cut down on it happening.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:54 PM by Riac
i still just dont understand why you think you are entitled to protection while be low lvl in a pvp zone?????? a debuff to keep ppl from killing greys lol??? they can leech and fuck up combat with ppl that are actually lvl 50, thats enough reason right there for them needing to gtfo.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:59 PM by Layuth
Riac wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:19 PM
its a relic gate, maybe the action is slow and they are trying to kick the nest a little bit. maybe youll log off your gray and bring your 50 out.
Edited. No insults pls. You don't kill at a relic gate to "kick the nest" because the relic gates are camped 24/7. You don't kill at a relic gate hoping to get a level 50 out there because they come in swarms to find you and destroy you. You camp at a relic gate and dock because you are lacking of skill among other things. Please stop trying to defend such actions, it is making you look stupid.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 10:01 PM by Riac
considering im a sin, idc if they send 300 ppl to find me, i can just hide in an obscure corner.... also in that very same post i believe i said i generally dont it because its boring af, but i know sins that do it (esp during EU time, since you cant even hope to get a 1v1 at a dock or bridge) and a lot of time there isnt much action when ports are open (at the relic gate), so they kill ppl turning in to jog the action and hopefully a sin will come looking for you.

That being said, DM me if you wanna duel and exp my lack of skill lol.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 1:56 AM by Gfxygames
ld420 wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:29 PM
Gfxygames wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:24 PM

Yeah but what about if they don't have a 50. Grats, you just turned folks off to not stepping foot in the FZ, AND you got 0 tangible benefit, unless you get off on that sort of thing which makes you a sociopath. I get ganking lowbies if they give you RP's, but let the grays level up some first.

So many tears <3
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:13 AM by Azrael
ld420 wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:51 PM
Level 24. I know they were 50 because someone finally came and killed the 2 of them, and confirmed they were.

See, as other already mentioned they were successful to pull out some 50s and get their fight for just killing you.

Gfxygames wrote: So many tears <3

hehe +1, they are really delicious. would kill him too, to read more of these rant posts.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 7:38 AM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:09 PM
The leveling experience is better

To be fair though, apparently for this guy the levelling experience clearly wasn't better
And with task for classic zones and SI-Zones now, the difference in actual XP gain has become even smaller

it's really a gamble any time you exp in frontier.
risk: you get killed VS reward: you get slightly more XP

ld420 wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:21 PM
I don't have a 50 to bring out. Hence why I am leveling.

So people who have a lvl50 never XP anymore? Because if they do, then your argument is moot
Wed 13 Nov 2019 7:39 AM by Razur Ur
support greykiller is a poor community ;-/.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 7:47 AM by Sepplord
i don't support grey killing, i support peoples ability to do it if they want

what's next on the chopping block?
And who decides the punishment?

killing someone lower level than you?
killing a solo with 2people?
attacking a unmanned keep?

etc...

i don't want a server where every playstyle the staff-group doesn't like is made a punishable offense or prohibited by tacked on countermeasures
Wed 13 Nov 2019 7:52 AM by Razur Ur
is a different to kill a grey guy or to take a unnamed tower ( unnamed tower is reason from realm community). Guys who is yellow get the risk with leveling on the frontier
and is ok. and in the heat of the moment it can happen to kill a gray one but you should not tolerate being intentionally killing of gray guys, because this will poison the community and possibly scare off one or two newcomers!
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:28 AM by Freedomcall
If you are grey, you lose nothing by being killed to enemy players.
Just release and go back to the spot, or find another place to lvl for a while.
If they do it again, they're literally wasting his time earning nothing.
You made them feel great by crying on the forum, cuz you know making you triggered is what grey gankers mostly wanted and they can see it was successful.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:40 AM by Valaraukar
ld420 wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:17 PM
Have fucking problems IRL. Why do people feel the need.

I do not "farm" greys near Relic Gates, but I think that if you are "targettable" (you are exping in frontier zone) you are dead. It has always been the same, with OF I got killed several times while exping near Svasud Faste exit, and if I see a grey I will kill him wherever he is. This is a war game, if you are an enemy your are dead for me. Accept this, if you don't like to be killed while exping (I know it is annoying, believe me) don't exp in Frontier zones. That's it. I avoid farming in DF or POC with my BD because I do not like to be killed while pulling mobs, and it is useless to come here and whine about it. It is Daoc, and it has its mechanics. You have safe zone to exp, use them and you will have no issues, trust me!
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:49 AM by easytoremember
Making you earn that bonus xp
DF is the same

Also great way to summon 50's to your location via angry region spam and zone deathspam
Wed 13 Nov 2019 3:55 PM by Horus
I've been known to kill mids in Snowdonia when I was there with my ranger trying to raise my ellyll faction.

You are welcome...

/won't kill grays
//all other targets are fair game.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:40 PM by Clockwork
I've locked this thread for the excessive language and insults players are slinging at each other.

Keep in mind rvr zones are dangerous and there's no violation in people following 'Red is Dead'.

The xp bonus out there and the items that grant more xp out there are all a 'Risk vs Reward' factor, players -choose- to take the risk of being grey ganked for the reward of bonus xp and bonus items(branches/snow/soil) to turn in.

And as a reminder to all of you:
As we are an international server, English is the main language in all public channels of discord, in-game and on the forum unless the channel/forum is named specifically. Please respect this rule. All our rules, where applicable, refer to the game, the forums, and discord. If a player has multiple punishments and/or warnings on his account, we will take the liberty to take individual action and assign appropriate punishments.

8. Player Rules of Conduct

Violating any of the below rules will result in disciplinary action being taken against the character that may include official warnings, muting, kicking, or banning. Multiple violations by a character or several characters associated with an account can result in any of the above-mentioned punishments.
If a staff member asks you to stop doing whatever the violation has been, this is an official warning.

Harassment is defined as any unwanted or unwelcome behavior beyond the limits of good taste, civility, and appropriate game context.

8.1 You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language. The presence of any form of preventative filter or other game features is not license or permission, tacit or otherwise, to use such language in any form.

Please keep that in mind in the future and continue having fun on Phoenix.
Thanks.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics