Sm missing RA abilities

Started 9 Nov 2019
by carlwinslow
in Suggestions
Whip of encouragement and Exiled Frenzy, please add these abilities they are classic OG SM abilities!
It is the only way to make the summoning line viable in rvr so it is crucial to get it back in the game as it should be!

Cabbies get the insane pet speed buff for free with their spirit line which is a much better spec overall so it is only fair I think.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 10:04 PM by cuuchulain79
"Classic" was just used to build hype for launch...

"Full-custom server with frequent, sweeping changes" just didn't have the same jingle, I guess.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 10:10 PM by carlwinslow
Yea it is really disappointing, I don't even think they realized that they nerfed Spirit sm's into the ground by not adding them. We could use some more diversity in builds in game imo. Considering spirit cabbies get one of these RAS in their skill line as a passive it is hardly game breaking to give summ SM some love.

Another suggestion is maybe instead of giving it as RA's give it as skills in their skill line but at high spec so like whip of encouragement will be at 35 summoning and exiled frenzy would be at like 45-50 points into summoning. Summ sm's dont get awesome debuffs like a cab so it would still be a fair buff to make summoning less dumpy!

I had a solo Summon SM on Genesis and it was a blast
Sun 10 Nov 2019 4:29 AM by ExcretusMaximus
carlwinslow wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 10:10 PM
I don't even think they realized that they nerfed Spirit sm's into the ground by not adding them

Sun 10 Nov 2019 5:05 AM by Freedomcall
There are other classic RAs that aren't introduced on phoenix, such as dodger, Avoid Pain, etc.
Sure, we can talk about bringing other RAs, but the phrase "as it should be" isn't correct.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 6:43 AM by carlwinslow
https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_Notes:_Version_1.62
These abilities were part of 1.65 and 1.65 was supposedly the foundation for this server. It would be nice at least to know why they decided they weren't worth being in the game. Me saying "as it should be" is absolutely correct if we are serious about a 1.65 foundation and unless they give a definitive, "No I don't like that ability so we aren't putting it in" Grues has never given a reason as far as I know and I have read forums and been a phoenix supporter since beta. If you can custom buff earth wizzies to the umpteenth degree than you can give summoning sms what they should have to begin with!

https://playphoenix.online/
https://imgur.com/a/fL8tXIv

They should change it to say based on a custom ruleset instead of based around 1.65 on their website at this point imo if they aren't gonna stay true to it. All these custom changes nobody wants and we can't even have stuff that was part of 1.65. I mean it is just creativity being taken out of the game for no clear reason. Let's all only make the same cookie cutter builds and that's our only option?

It's like being at an ice cream shop that you went to when you were younger where you remember being able to get a bunch of great ice cream flavors and now you go back when you are a little older and told all you can have is vanilla lol.

I realize I am the only person who cares about this but I am also a huge defender of niche daoc builds, it pains me to have options that should exist taken away with no explanation. As the devs and daoc experts it would be cool if you can read my post and instead of seeing it in a negative light do a positive thing and add them back into the game as they should be.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 7:06 AM by carlwinslow
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 10 Nov 2019 4:29 AM
carlwinslow wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 10:10 PM
I don't even think they realized that they nerfed Spirit sm's into the ground by not adding them

I meant summon sms lol! I was thinking about how OP spirit cabbies are and how summonig sms are hot garbage because of crucial sm ra's being non existent here and got them mixed up.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 10:06 AM by Freedomcall
carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 10 Nov 2019 6:43 AM
https://camelotherald.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_Notes:_Version_1.62
These abilities were part of 1.65 and 1.65 was supposedly the foundation for this server. It would be nice at least to know why they decided they weren't worth being in the game. Me saying "as it should be" is absolutely correct if we are serious about a 1.65 foundation and unless they give a definitive, "No I don't like that ability so we aren't putting it in" Grues has never given a reason as far as I know and I have read forums and been a phoenix supporter since beta. If you can custom buff earth wizzies to the umpteenth degree than you can give summoning sms what they should have to begin with!

https://playphoenix.online/
https://imgur.com/a/fL8tXIv

They should change it to say based on a custom ruleset instead of based around 1.65 on their website at this point imo if they aren't gonna stay true to it. All these custom changes nobody wants and we can't even have stuff that was part of 1.65. I mean it is just creativity being taken out of the game for no clear reason. Let's all only make the same cookie cutter builds and that's our only option?

It's like being at an ice cream shop that you went to when you were younger where you remember being able to get a bunch of great ice cream flavors and now you go back when you are a little older and told all you can have is vanilla lol.

I realize I am the only person who cares about this but I am also a huge defender of niche daoc builds, it pains me to have options that should exist taken away with no explanation. As the devs and daoc experts it would be cool if you can read my post and instead of seeing it in a negative light do a positive thing and add them back into the game as they should be.

Yes, based on 1.65, but with new new frontier RAs based.
I think reading phoenix wiki might help you understand more.
It's not like "I don't like SM, so let's remove this RA."
Rather, if they add those RAs, it will be considered as SM buff.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 3:23 PM by gotwqqd
Based in xx.xx rule set and based on custom rule set are sort of the same. They are both custom rule sets. One is slanted to a particular time of the game though.

It does not say a shard playing with xx.xx update rules.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 6:54 PM by carlwinslow
The way I see it, it was a direct nerf to summoning SM with no explanation given, but who gives a crap as long as we can all roll cookie cutter builds or to go play alb where they get all the nice custom buffs.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:33 AM by ExcretusMaximus
carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 10 Nov 2019 6:54 PM
The way I see it, it was a direct nerf to summoning SM with no explanation given, but who gives a crap as long as we can all roll cookie cutter builds or to go play alb where they get all the nice custom buffs.

Do you ever stop whining?

Every single post you make is a complaint or accusation of favoritism / insult of some kind.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 4:06 PM by chryso
I think that not all specs are for all circumstances. Summoning SMs get buffs and focus shield. Cabbies get those two things in different lines.
The realms are not identical. If you want something that a character in another realm has then go play that character in the other realm.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 7:21 AM by Razur Ur
i must thinking by whining https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV4vHpqrj6E
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:20 AM by carlwinslow
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:33 AM
carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 10 Nov 2019 6:54 PM

Do you ever stop whining?

Every single post you make is a complaint or accusation of favoritism / insult of some kind.

To answer your question, no I do not.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics