Cant Log in

Started 12 Nov 2019
by Sagz
in Support Center
Since Live did the update today, could this be why I cannot log in? It show that the server is up and there are people online, but I cannot log in.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Wed 13 Nov 2019 3:12 AM by ninetoes
I have the same problem. I get to the splash screen and should get character screen next but instead I get a "hit ESC to exit game" and help would be great. I have reinstalled DAoC and the Phoenix files but no fixies....Help, thanks
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:22 AM by easytoremember
Unless you went and patched to live their update shouldn't affect you at all
Wed 13 Nov 2019 11:25 AM by llwahall
hi have problem with my launcher and have use game client daoc and have problem to impossible connect
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:12 PM by Tommylad
Yep, still can't log in. Could a mod give some details about to solve this. thx
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:34 PM by Mouette
If your client version is not reconized by the server version, there is nothing you can do except if you have a backup of your game client to restor.

When you play on a freeshard, you never ever update the game client from the live server unless the freeshard server tell you to do so.
If you want to play the freeshard and the live server, you have to install the game twice.

Until the Phoenix server accept your client version, you won't be able to connect. And this will only happen when the Phoenix staff have tested the updated client as it may require a fix like the crafting at co.

Sorry bro, unless you can restor your game client, you will have to wait.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:07 PM by Sagz
Mouette wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:34 PM
If your client version is not reconized by the server version, there is nothing you can do except if you have a backup of your game client to restor.

When you play on a freeshard, you never ever update the game client from the live server unless the freeshard server tell you to do so.
If you want to play the freeshard and the live server, you have to install the game twice.

Until the Phoenix server accept your client version, you won't be able to connect. And this will only happen when the Phoenix staff have tested the updated client as it may require a fix like the crafting at co.

While I agree with this statement, you do realize this does mean that no new players can join. Since in the instructions says to download the current client to play. Now I know there is not a ton of new players, but no new players can play is still a fact.

Just curious if they are going to have a fix soon? It would be nice to know if they are working on it, I am pretty sure I will lose my houses because of this for 1 so I would like to know if it is time to move on.

Thanks,
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:11 PM by chryso
1. Of course they are working on it. They are very diligent in keeping the game up.
2. You know, you don't have to wait for the rent to run out before you pay it again. You can even pay 4 weeks at once.
3. I need a house, where are you losing yours from?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:12 PM by Uthred
Check the #general and the #support channel on discord for further infos.

1. open your phoenix daoc folder
2. click the phoenixfixer.exe in that folder
3. click the "downgrade" button
4. start the phoenix launcher again

Thank you for playing Phoenix.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 3:23 PM by trevenmay
Uthred wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:12 PM

love you.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:10 PM by Mouette
Sagz wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:07 PM
Mouette wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:34 PM

While I agree with this statement, you do realize this does mean that no new players can join. Since in the instructions says to download the current client to play. Now I know there is not a ton of new players, but no new players can play is still a fact.

Just curious if they are going to have a fix soon? It would be nice to know if they are working on it, I am pretty sure I will lose my houses because of this for 1 so I would like to know if it is time to move on.

Thanks,

I understand what it mean to new player that join just after a client patch. But this doesn't happen every week. I recall it happens to me once when I first played on Amtenael DOL server. I had to wait 3 days before I could play.

But hopefully, the devs have provided a way to downgrade game client with the phoenixfixer.exe which is awesome !
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:53 PM by chryso
Thanks Uth, great job.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:15 PM by ellavick1
i have found the downgrade button but i have another problem it won't let me do it, saying i need to log in as admin how do i do this lol thanks
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:23 PM by Wolfir666
ellavick1 wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:15 PM
i have found the downgrade button but i have another problem it won't let me do it, saying i need to log in as admin how do i do this lol thanks

Usually with rightclick on the file and Run as Admin.

By the way i also had to do something else first, as the Fixer itself only showed me Map/Craft-Fix, i had to first run the PhoenixPatcher.exe again, then it updated the Fixer, then it worked

Thanks for the quick Solution
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:09 PM by Tommylad
Yep thx guys, used the downgrade button and can now log in. Great work:-)
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:03 AM by Sagz
chryso wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 2:11 PM
1. Of course they are working on it. They are very diligent in keeping the game up.
2. You know, you don't have to wait for the rent to run out before you pay it again. You can even pay 4 weeks at once.
3. I need a house, where are you losing yours from?

1. It is not mentioned anywhere they are working on it. I do agree they do a great job keeping it up, but they do not have to, its a free shard and it is not their job that earns the income to pay the bills. I have played free shards in other games where they just did nothing at one point and let the game die. Never assume anything.
2. I know this, however I think I probably have just over a week left if i remember when i paid last. When it is up and I get the notice and I pay the 4 weeks. But if this takes 8 ,9, or 10 days ( its going on 3 in a few hours) it might run out.
3. There are empty lots all over, go place one. I just hate running around looking and do not want to do it again if I do not have to.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:08 AM by Sagz
trevenmay wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 3:23 PM
Uthred wrote:

love you.
Thanks! I appreciate all your hard work!
Thu 14 Nov 2019 5:09 AM by majky666
Uthred wrote:

Working for me, can log in again. Thank you very much!!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Support Center or the latest topics