Are some of the current changes to the XP-mechanics intented to drain gold from the game?

Started 12 Nov 2019
by Sepplord
in Ask the Team
I have been thinking a lot about the "Why" of the current changes to the XP system and could find intentions behind most other changes. Aka, giving mobs in certain mass-pull-places spells, obviously is targetting ultra-farm-classes (for example).

Regarding the change to XP-Items and Task-completion-tokens is didn't really understand why you were changing "the running system" until i thought about the market-explorer fee.
It really would make sense, in that regard. Give rich people the option to just "buy" a level 50. For that to happen levelling can't be supereasy, otherwise the incentive to "buy" levels is lower.

Is that (one of) the intention behind these current changes?
Tue 12 Nov 2019 7:44 AM by easytoremember
I think it's more that the 10 item level limit produced so much excess stacks of x10 that you could buy them on market pretty cheap every level from 40 to 49.

With unlimited turn ins you exhaust the supply, but unlimited turn ins on previous xp rate would be insane
Tue 12 Nov 2019 1:42 PM by gruenesschaf
The removal of the turn in limit was due to the constant "hey I think there might be a bug with *some turn in item*, I turned in 2 and he won't accept any more?????" and also more and more stacks of them appearing in housing, a nice side effect is also for new players that inform themselves to farm and sell those items.

The reduction of the task xp was primarily because after ~45 many people no longer bothered with grouping and instead just suicide at the task keep and maybe solo a task or two in between, basically highlighting that either the required mob kill number has to be reduced or the task xp reduced to change that behavior and ofc now the xp items without a turn in limit also kind of require that as they are tied to the same reward system, turning in a same level xp item is the same xp as completing a task.

The task completion token are basically a currency that for the most part is in somewhat limited daily supply, may or may not be expanded upon or abandoned, for now the primary purpose is to more or less passively level some alts and by forcing them to actually log those alts every day to turn in those tokens in the most efficient way to have some maybe play them.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 2:04 PM by Fenork
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 1:42 PM
The reduction of the task xp was primarily because after ~45 many people no longer bothered with grouping and instead just suicide at the task keep and maybe solo a task or two in between, basically highlighting that either the required mob kill number has to be reduced or the task xp reduced to change that behavior and ofc now the xp items without a turn in limit also kind of require that as they are tied to the same reward system, turning in a same level xp item is the same xp as completing a task.

I can understand ur goal, and i agree with it... But why nerf pve tasks too?
In my experience i never abuse of rvr task for leveling, becouse group xp was rly fun.
Atm it is not, cause xp from mobs(no more 350%xp dragons) and pve tasks is drammatcly reduced.
Now all leveling experience turn around task item farm(with terribile drop rate)
Ive just rerolled hib from mid, so i cant use a 50 animist for farm. The only solution to avoid a long and bored xp is transfer my plat from mid and shop task item.

So sad.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 2:15 PM by gotwqqd
gruenesschaf wrote:
The removal of the turn in limit was due to the constant "hey I think there might be a bug with *some turn in item*, I turned in 2 and he won't accept any more?????" and also more and more stacks of them appearing in housing, a nice side effect is also for new players that inform themselves to farm and sell those items.

The task completion token are basically a currency that for the most part is in somewhat limited daily supply, may or may not be expanded upon or abandoned, for now the primary purpose is to more or less passively level some alts and by forcing them to actually log those alts every day to turn in those tokens in the most efficient way to have some maybe play them.

How about a message that says “you turned in 6 items @level 32 for xyz experience points. Ding 33. You turned in 4 items @level 33 for zyx experience. You have 6 items left you can turn in for level 33”

Why “force” daily log in for best progression? I just want to play class x when I feel like it. Not qol
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:23 PM by Sepplord
The daily log in system has already been there since all tasks reset daily
The task-tokens might feel more forced, since you already have them and want to turn them in over different days and feel like you have to split it up for better returns.
But it really isn't any different from the earlier task system. You just don't go, i am going to kill 45monsters this week...better kill 15 today, tomorrow and the day after instead of killing all of them now. With the turn-in-tokens you might think that way. But imo that's a bonus. They let us decide when to use the tokens instead of simply having a task-completion-task that automatically counts up when you do a task.

gruenesschaf wrote: The removal of the turn in limit was due to the constant "hey I think there might be a bug with *some turn in item*, I turned in 2 and he won't accept any more?????" and also more and more stacks of them appearing in housing, a nice side effect is also for new players that inform themselves to farm and sell those items.

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense to me, and i can see myself in that last levelling phase. It's what i often do to finish chars when i don't have much active time. But i understand why it's not a healthy way (for the server) to level up those levels like that.

It stil feels like a really nice and much loved system (XP-Items) is now nerfed hard because of "not so interested" people complaining because they were ignorant how the system worked. It really never was complicated to begin with.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:55 PM by Wolfir666
gruenesschaf wrote:

Took quite a while, until you reasoned the steps you took with reducing the XP, don't you think?
Now look at all the written pages, words and all the time spent to do all that, and in all the time there wasnt much else coming other than "working as intended".
Could also have posted the reasoning behind it much earlier, don't you agree with me?

But other than that, i still disagree with it. In all honesty, you nerfed the XP-Part of the Tasks, not the RP-part!
Basically you still get RP with doing the suiciding, you still get RP with finishing the participation tasks, just the same.
So i honestly still can not understand, why you reduce the XP, and not the RP with all of that?

And i also do not understand what's wrong with not bothering to search for a group and instead going to do some RvR-tasks?
Isn't every player allowed, to make the own decisions, on how they want to reach 50?
Do you have to force people to put their time into either setting up a group or searching for a groupslot, instead of simply running there and there and doing that?

To be honest, thank you for finally putting up a reason for that change.
But.
Why is it your concern, how people reach 50, as long as its according to the rules?
The goal of the game should be RvR, not PvE, always was, always will be.

Again.
Why making it harder, to receive that goal?

And also again.
The same suiciding, will happen still.
This change, will not change that behaviour at all, because people also do that for RPs, and now, thanks to your change, also for task-tokens!

So uhm, sorry to say that, but looking at your reasoning, that change for sure will not have any effect on that.

People will not stop suiciding on Realm-Tasks.
People will not suddenly search more for groups.
People will not stop asking questions about XP-items, they just will ask different questions. (Guess what, yes, about Task Tokens!)

Apart from that, seriously, you want us to believe you change a system overall to the worse, because people don't understand the system?

All in all, i am sorry, but i am tempted to believe, that it is indeed true, what others already were thinking in various posts.
You want to make it harder for anybody still XPing towards 50, while not having any or much effect on those, being already there having the comfortable farmclasses and the money/RP behind it.
I heard some say that it was like that on Uthgard, well i never played that server.
But i start to wonder, if there is some truth in it...
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:02 PM by gotwqqd
Wolfir666 wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:55 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Took quite a while, until you reasoned the steps you took with reducing the XP, don't you think?
Now look at all the written pages, words and all the time spent to do all that, and in all the time there wasnt much else coming other than "working as intended".
Could also have posted the reasoning behind it much earlier, don't you agree with me?

But other than that, i still disagree with it. In all honesty, you nerfed the XP-Part of the Tasks, not the RP-part!
Basically you still get RP with doing the suiciding, you still get RP with finishing the participation tasks, just the same.
So i honestly still can not understand, why you reduce the XP, and not the RP with all of that?

And i also do not understand what's wrong with not bothering to search for a group and instead going to do some RvR-tasks?
Isn't every player allowed, to make the own decisions, on how they want to reach 50?
Do you have to force people to put their time into either setting up a group or searching for a groupslot, instead of simply running there and there and doing that?

To be honest, thank you for finally putting up a reason for that change.
But.
Why is it your concern, how people reach 50, as long as its according to the rules?
The goal of the game should be RvR, not PvE, always was, always will be.

Again.
Why making it harder, to receive that goal?

And also again.
The same suiciding, will happen still.
This change, will not change that behaviour at all, because people also do that for RPs, and now, thanks to your change, also for task-tokens!

So uhm, sorry to say that, but looking at your reasoning, that change for sure will not have any effect on that.

People will not stop suiciding on Realm-Tasks.
People will not suddenly search more for groups.
People will not stop asking questions about XP-items, they just will ask different questions. Apart from that, seriously, you want us to believe you change a system overall to the worse, because people don't understand the system?
Joining a group can be such a crapshoot.

Often I find myself regretting joining one. All the afk’s at different times, the dolts that think because they can run past mobs everyone can....leading to multiple wipes and people leaving, waiting for the “perfect” class before starting
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics