XP changes have completely killed my desire to play

Started 11 Nov 2019
by beau
in Tavern
I’m pretty new to Phoenix, starting about a month ago. I’ve leveled a few characters to 50 but didn’t really want to commit to any until I had an idea of the meta and how each realm was and rvr.

These xp changes have completely taken the wind out of my sails. It’s hard to describe exactly how much less fun it is leveling now. What’s most discouraging is that it seems to me that these changes will hurt new, unestablished players the most, since we don’t have a couple hundred plat and good guilds to help us out. Most of my complaints in game have vetted this opinion - players that already have geared out mains are of the opinion that everyone else should stop whining.

I’m really just baffled by this all, including the Devs response which has been basically (hilariously) - “working as intended.”

Either way, if there’s not significant changes to this weekend’s xp nerfs, I don’t see myself playing anymore. I have 3 farming chars at level 50 in two realms (that I don’t really wanna play in rvr) and a hunter that I spent basically all of my income temping only to find that I don’t really have any interest in playing in stealth groups. If I can’t level up other chars easily, I’m done with Phoenix. Which sucks, because I went from being super excited to play to feeling like it’s a total time-sink that I have to commit all my free time to in the course of about 12 hours.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 2:53 PM by Kampfar
Can I have your stuff?
Mon 11 Nov 2019 3:00 PM by beau
You came to the forum to make the same tired joke that everyone says in game? The only reason I even made a post on here is because of everyone in game whining that we should “take it to the forums.”

Thanks for confirming the response I’ve gotten thus far though.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 3:13 PM by Fenork
beau wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 2:24 PM
I’m pretty new to Phoenix, starting about a month ago. I’ve leveled a few characters to 50 but didn’t really want to commit to any until I had an idea of the meta and how each realm was and rvr.

These xp changes have completely taken the wind out of my sails. It’s hard to describe exactly how much less fun it is leveling now. What’s most discouraging is that it seems to me that these changes will hurt new, unestablished players the most, since we don’t have a couple hundred plat and good guilds to help us out. Most of my complaints in game have vetted this opinion - players that already have geared out mains are of the opinion that everyone else should stop whining.

I’m really just baffled by this all, including the Devs response which has been basically (hilariously) - “working as intended.”

Either way, if there’s not significant changes to this weekend’s xp nerfs, I don’t see myself playing anymore. I have 3 farming chars at level 50 in two realms (that I don’t really wanna play in rvr) and a hunter that I spent basically all of my income temping only to find that I don’t really have any interest in playing in stealth groups. If I can’t level up other chars easily, I’m done with Phoenix. Which sucks, because I went from being super excited to play to feeling like it’s a total time-sink that I have to commit all my free time to in the course of about 12 hours.

Im in a similar condition and i understand what u feel.

So sad
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:01 PM by ceto287
I agree with you 100%, I went back to live because of this bullsh!t move from the devs. Leveling is not fun anymore and just seems like a long boring slog now.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:23 PM by falcon
I dont understand complaint about last change, now rich have instant 50 and poor can earn 6P/hours killing greens (of course u need a farm class not a scout :p but I always said before choosing class u want to play u need a farm class in this game...)

I never killed a mob for many months now with new system and less 5P/char (if u dont have 5P u need 1 hour to farm them now...) my wizard level 30 full of dust up 35 in 10 seconds and can RVR & up 1 free level a day with fun (todays 42...) , and I have pleasure to farm again XP item because I know I could up all my low level and try them in real RVR as soon as I have 5P or 150 items, everybody should be happy, its up for XP & RVR, good job !

F.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 6:57 PM by stewbeedoo
falcon wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:23 PM
I dont understand complaint about last change, now rich have instant 50 and poor can earn 6P/hours killing greens (of course u need a farm class not a scout :p but I always said before choosing class u want to play u need a farm class in this game...)

I never killed a mob for many months now with new system and less 5P/char (if u dont have 5P u need 1 hour to farm them now...) my wizard level 30 full of dust up 35 in 10 seconds and can RVR & up 1 free level a day with fun (todays 42...) , and I have pleasure to farm again XP item because I know I could up all my low level and try them in real RVR as soon as I have 5P or 150 items, everybody should be happy, its up for XP & RVR, good job !

F.

I don't want to spend plat to be instant 50. Nor do I want to farm the xp items to sell.

I actually enjoyed leveling chars here before this change - it only felt like a grind in the 40s. And you learned how to play your char.

I do not understand the rationale behind this change. Shouldn't we be making it easier for new / returning players to get to RvR and not the opposite?
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:14 PM by Cymosxl
Leveling was near perfect before the patch,now it's totally crap,I stopped lvl my toons under 50.,
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:03 PM by Hubert124567
You first stop leveling other chars. Then the "old" chars you have get boring or doesnt fit your style. Then you leave the server..... intended ? Nice.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:28 PM by Wolfir666
stewbeedoo wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 6:57 PM
I don't want to spend plat to be instant 50. Nor do I want to farm the xp items to sell.

I actually enjoyed leveling chars here before this change - it only felt like a grind in the 40s. And you learned how to play your char.

I do not understand the rationale behind this change. Shouldn't we be making it easier for new / returning players to get to RvR and not the opposite?

Exactly.
Most if not all people here anyways play to join into RvR, so why making the way there harder and not easier?
Why making it more expensive and not less expensive?
Sounds....... strange....
Tue 12 Nov 2019 12:00 AM by vionu
I just don't understand why they would do these changes. I did not see anyone complaining that leveling was too easy or fast. Maybe they don't want any new players joining the server anymore. I thought losing OF was bad, but this is worst. Are you trying to get people to move back to Uthgard? Maybe you have too many players and trying to lose some? Unless you had stacks and stacks of exp items in your vault these changes are complete crap. Change it back before you start losing more players IMO.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:57 PM by falcon
Wolfir666 wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:28 PM
stewbeedoo wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 6:57 PM

Exactly.
Most if not all people here anyways play to join into RvR, so why making the way there harder and not easier?
Why making it more expensive and not less expensive?
Sounds....... strange....

Not easier its a joke ??? all my char level 30 lazy to up are now 35 in few second and are in RVR (I discovered GTAOE for 1st time in 20yr :p )

And about money creams sold 5 g each last weeks are now sold between 25 and 50g each and %drop is 50% on yellow... are u really bored to earn 6P/hour u need 60 ? :p (with 6P in 1 hour your earn 4 levels (maybe 5 with eggs tokens & soils...) u can buy XP item u need or use them even level 48, the only complain I could understand that is now too easy to up 50 in less 24H...)

Just test ingame before quote stupidity ^^
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:26 PM by Wolfir666
falcon wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:57 PM
Not easier its a joke ??? all my char level 30 lazy to up are now 35 in few second and are in RVR (I discovered GTAOE for 1st time in 20yr :p )

Well as we already learned in another thread, you paid 5P to get enough items to jump from 30 to 35, well done

You realise though, that its not about spending money to level your character, but actually leveling your character, yes?
But as you just now got your char to 35, with spending Plats for it, i will rest my case on that matter ^^
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:06 PM by gotwqqd
Wolfir666 wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 8:26 PM
falcon wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 3:57 PM

Well as we already learned in another thread, you paid 5P to get enough items to jump from 30 to 35, well done

You realise though, that its not about spending money to level your character, but actually leveling your character, yes?
But as you just now got your char to 35, with spending Plats for it, i will rest my case on that matter ^^
I too actually like some fighting and progression while leveling. The old system was filling that perfectly
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:30 AM by falcon
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 12 Nov 2019 9:06 PM
I too actually like some fighting and progression while leveling. The old system was filling that perfectly

Its the only complain I can hear, now if you are rich you have instant 50 (need 150x5 same items for a total price of 15-25P)
no need friend and time to learn using your char, and if you are poor u can be rich in 2 hours (cabal level 18 enough to start farming items with drop rate 40% sold 30-40g each, 10g before was not interesting, now even danaoid poison is gold ^^)

Its a /level 50 without saying, it breaks few mecanics in game and maybe some pleasure to up as before with group and friends, but if dev put real /level 50 it could be worst ^^ so its good for economy & good for rvr, not so bad ^^

But dont tell me if I do a /instant theur 50 tomorrow I will be a newbie and never play it well (I played 10 years a theurgist in another life :p I'm sure I have not forgot everything ^^)

F.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:49 AM by gotwqqd
falcon wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:30 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

Its the only complain I can hear, now if you are rich you have instant 50 (need 150x5 same items for a total price of 15-25P)
no need friend and time to learn using your char, and if you are poor u can be rich in 2 hours (cabal level 18 enough to start farming items with drop rate 40% sold 30-40g each, 10g before was not interesting, now even danaoid poison is gold ^^)

Its a /level 50 without saying, it breaks few mecanics in game and maybe some pleasure to up as before with group and friends, but if dev put real /level 50 it could be worst ^^ so its good for economy & good for rvr, not so bad ^^

But dont tell me if I do a /instant theur 50 tomorrow I will be a newbie and never play it well (I played 10 years a theurgist in another life :p I'm sure I have not forgot everything ^^)

F.
Sold what items to whom for 30-49g each?
Unless it’s a merchant it’s crap
I have no desire to own a house and sell task items
And you think that selling point would sustain?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 1:00 AM by Riac
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:49 AM
falcon wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:30 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

F.

then continue to be poor lol. can lead a horse to water.....
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:17 PM by Wasted_Content
I love how the best response to this is "Well just be rich and buy all the XP items off housing and turn them all in". And now there are no more items in housing. And now no one is farming them because drop rate is so low. And now they are price gouged on housing because of drop rates. So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

So go make a group and use tokens and tasks instead of xp items now, they say. Ignore all XP item. But now no one knows where to go, no one knows good mob type, and people who are used to optimized routes with good mobs are watching their XP bar CRAWL.

BTW My group has been running through FZ for 20m now looking for a spot while I browse forums.

Oh and we just got run over by the Alb zerg This is a pretty big step backwards for QoL.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:23 PM by easytoremember
Riac wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 1:00 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:49 AM

then continue to be poor lol. can lead a horse to water.....
HOW DARE YOU IT'S RICH PEOPLES' FAULT HE'S POOR APOLOGIZE
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:27 PM by easytoremember
Wasted_Content wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:17 PM
I love how the best response to this is "Well just be rich and buy all the XP items off housing and turn them all in". And now there are no more items in housing. And now no one is farming them because drop rate is so low. And now they are price gouged on housing because of drop rates. So the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Wasted_Content wrote:
... And now there are no more items in housing.
And now no one is farming them because drop rate is so low.
And now they are price gouged on housing because of drop rates. ...
Are you so blind you can't see opportunity when it's in your face and rolling off your tongue?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:48 PM by Sepplord
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:27 PM
Wasted_Content wrote:
Wasted_Content wrote:
Are you so blind you can't see opportunity when it's in your face and rolling off your tongue?

What's the opportunity here regarding "getting XP"? All i am seeing might be an opportunity to make gold...are you implying they should farm gold instead of levelling to join RVR?

And then? What's the next step? Buying XP items after selling them? That's circular logic and doesnt work out if you crunch the numbers.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 10:11 PM by Riac
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:48 PM
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:27 PM
Wasted_Content wrote:
Wasted_Content wrote:

What's the opportunity here regarding "getting XP"? All i am seeing might be an opportunity to make gold...are you implying they should farm gold instead of levelling to join RVR?

And then? What's the next step? Buying XP items after selling them? That's circular logic and doesnt work out if you crunch the numbers.

isnt he crying about being poor? this is an opportunity for him to remedy that problem. tbh xp is not hard. go kill mobs, you even get money and drops at the same time!
Thu 14 Nov 2019 1:02 AM by Wasted_Content
I'm not crying about being poor, and as usual, the few trolls that frequent these forums have completely missed the point.

All of these things are problems because they hinder NEWER PLAYERS. Honestly, the change doesn't affect me much because I alread have a roster of 50s on almost every realm. Leveling a new toon since last weekend has been abysmal. No one knows spots. Mobs HIT harder (did you guys forget about that change? where they buffed xp mobs). XP task is less. XP items are garbage and now everyone is price gouging the shit out of them.

The only responses thus far have told me to take advantage of the system and farm xp items and put them on housing for plat. Do you not realize how ridiculous of a response that is? THAT'S THE PROBLEM. They aren't being used for new players to level anymore. They're being used so established players can PL themselves by paying exorbitant prices for the items, and then no one else uses them.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:01 AM by easytoremember
Since when have xp items ever been mandatory for leveling?
Thu 14 Nov 2019 7:49 AM by Sepplord
easytoremember wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:01 AM

"mandatory" is a very hard word...nothing regarding phoenix is mandatory...is playing daoc at all mandatory?

But every person who levelled at least somewhat solo utilized XP-items.
If you have a set-group from 1to50 it probably isn't THAT bad, but i am sure even those utilized XP-ITems on some levels
Thu 14 Nov 2019 12:53 PM by Goforit
Ill go play live server now. They have a free to play version now...
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:19 PM by Horus
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 7:49 AM
easytoremember wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:01 AM

"mandatory" is a very hard word...nothing regarding phoenix is mandatory...is playing daoc at all mandatory?

But every person who levelled at least somewhat solo utilized XP-items.
If you have a set-group from 1to50 it probably isn't THAT bad, but i am sure even those utilized XP-ITems on some levels

Indeed. If you were not getting 10 XP turn in items per level you were doing it wrong...especially for those of us that solo and don't care for the PvE portion of the game.

Not sure why the change was needed. I never saw an explanation. Wasn't like the forums were spamming complaints about it. I was a big fan of the old system. I think it was the best leveling experience in DaoC, live or free shard, I ever had.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 2:48 PM by bysfall
I think the new system is just very bad and I do not see why it has been implemented: /

the change of the bonus on the type of mob is interesting anyway, it allows to vary a little xp spots.

On the other hand the items task -_- it's a real joke ... The bottom was really interesting with the possibility of making more than 10 items but given the current drop rate it's just anything ...
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:07 PM by Svperstar
I think people are freaking out about nothing.

It took me ages to get my Scout to 50 on live back in 2002. Mind numbly painful experience even with a 50 buff bot with 50 in enhance.

Was out sick from work yesterday and I leveled my Inf from 44 - 47.5. In one day here at Phx.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:46 PM by Sepplord
Svperstar wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:07 PM

It took me ages to get my Scout to 50 on live back in 2002. Mind numbly painful experience even with a 50 buff bot with 50 in enhance.

Was out sick from work yesterday and I leveled my Inf from 44 - 47.5. In one day here at Phx.

Why does levelling speed 28years ago matter at all?

People have levelled in certain speeds here on phoenix in the last few months, and most thought it was near perfect. Not too easy, but also something that you can get done quite fast. Especially at higher levels it was still possible to make worthwhile progress even when only playing in short timeframes.

"from 44-47,5 in one day"
Without playtime this information is either completely worthless, or (if taken literally) shows that levelling speed is horrible if you only managed to do 3,5levels in 24hours. When i hear someone had time to play all day because they were sick at home, and they only do 3-4levels....then that does not sound appealing to me at all. That basically means i need to take a week off of ork to level a new 50. I doubt that's the case though

I don't think the sky is falling, i am just sad that such a much loved system as the XP-Items was changed in such a dissapointing way.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:52 PM by Svperstar
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:46 PM
Svperstar wrote:

People have levelled in certain speeds here on phoenix in the last few months, and most thought it was near perfect. Not too easy, but also something that you can get done quite fast. Especially at higher levels it was still possible to make worthwhile progress even when only playing in short timeframes.

Without playtime this information is either completely worthless, or (if taken literally) shows that levelling speed is horrible if you only managed to do 3,5levels in 24hours. When i hear someone had time to play all day because they were sick at home, and they only do 3-4levels....then that does not sound appealing to me at all. That basically means i need to take a week off of ork to level a new 50. I doubt that's the case though

I don't think the sky is falling, i am just sad that such a much loved system as the XP-Items was changed in such a dissapointing way.

I was on from 10 AM my time to 5 pm my time. I took a break and came back when the tasks reset at 7 pm my time, then I went from 47 to 47.5 just doing tasks in less then an hour, this is after tasks were nerfed.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 4:00 PM by falcon
Wasted_Content wrote:
And now there are no more items in housing. And now no one is farming them because drop rate is so low...

As said before its the best opportunities ever for farmers ^^ now u can choose each day to become rich or to have a new 50 (old players do both :p )
Don't know if they changed drop rate but it was 2 days ago 10% on green = 1 xp item each pull with cabal matter about 1 by minute = 4P/hours with gold & salvage
and 40-50% on orange/red = 8P/hours with cabal matter (less mob but better drop)

Not so bad for a dead server where we cant xp anymore or earn gold :p

And dont tell me u dont have cabal matter 50 so u cant do it, we can start at grim snow with a level 20 cabal (need 20mn to up one killing mobs or 20s killing trolls :p )

F.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 5:03 PM by MorboNinja
Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new player to both DAoC and Phoenix. I joined the server in October and starting leveling multiple classes, and in October with a group, the speed was amazing. Now, as I level my BD in its 30s, its slowed down significantly. In fact, I have 23 hours time played on my BD, who is only level 32, and even after turning in 6 task completion tokens, 25+ xp items, and roughly 2k phoenix eggs, I was unable to hit 33. I also noticed while in a group, I earned just as much XP as I would solo, and there was no incentive for me to bother grouping since it felt like a waste of time having to run across the world instead of the place I bound to while leveling through the 30s. I don't know if the devs read the forums and all these complaints on the new system, or even if they care, but I don't enjoy these new changes compared to how xp was. Now I feel like I am spending an insane amount of time trying to level just to experience RvR, which was the whole point of me trying DAoC since I have been missing good, team based RvR since Warhammer Online is shut down.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 8:59 PM by Gfxygames
MorboNinja wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 5:03 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new player to both DAoC and Phoenix. I joined the server in October and starting leveling multiple classes, and in October with a group, the speed was amazing. Now, as I level my BD in its 30s, its slowed down significantly. In fact, I have 23 hours time played on my BD, who is only level 32, and even after turning in 6 task completion tokens, 25+ xp items, and roughly 2k phoenix eggs, I was unable to hit 33. I also noticed while in a group, I earned just as much XP as I would solo, and there was no incentive for me to bother grouping since it felt like a waste of time having to run across the world instead of the place I bound to while leveling through the 30s. I don't know if the devs read the forums and all these complaints on the new system, or even if they care, but I don't enjoy these new changes compared to how xp was. Now I feel like I am spending an insane amount of time trying to level just to experience RvR, which was the whole point of me trying DAoC since I have been missing good, team based RvR since Warhammer Online is shut down.

I have chosen not to level any more toons and just play my 50's. The change was harsh. But, there is a Warhammer freeshard fyi. Not going to post a link to it since that might be against the rules. But, it's called return of reckoning, give that a search in Google box
Thu 14 Nov 2019 9:24 PM by gotwqqd
Svperstar wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:52 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 3:46 PM
Svperstar wrote:

I was on from 10 AM my time to 5 pm my time. I took a break and came back when the tasks reset at 7 pm my time, then I went from 47 to 47.5 just doing tasks in less then an hour, this is after tasks were nerfed.
That’s horrible compared to what it was
Fri 15 Nov 2019 1:40 AM by Svperstar
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 9:24 PM

lol then maybe people are spoiled. Tonight I went to frontiers and killed mobs weak to thrust that drop an XP item. In about an hour and a half completely solo on an stealther(which scares people off because its "hard to level" I went from 47.5 to 48.3. I have more items to turn it or I would have mini-dinged 48.5. So almost a full level in not even two hours.

Compared to Uthgard 1/2 that is crazy fast and compared to Classic live its a pure miracle. It was a nightmare leveling then.

People will complain about anything.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:01 AM by shintacki
Svperstar wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 1:40 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 9:24 PM

lol then maybe people are spoiled. Tonight I went to frontiers and killed mobs weak to thrust that drop an XP item. In about an hour and a half completely solo on an stealther(which scares people off because its "hard to level" I went from 47.5 to 48.3. I have more items to turn it or I would have mini-dinged 48.5. So almost a full level in not even two hours.

Compared to Uthgard 1/2 that is crazy fast and compared to Classic live its a pure miracle. It was a nightmare leveling then.

People will complain about anything.

Comparing the XP to other servers is irrelevant. And what you described does seem much slower than what I have accomplished in an hour and a half before the changes
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:03 AM by Svperstar
shintacki wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:01 AM
Comparing the XP to other servers is irrelevant. And what you described does seem much slower than what I have accomplished in an hour and a half before the changes

Then maybe people were spoiled by too fast XP before.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:10 AM by shintacki
Svperstar wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:03 AM
shintacki wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:01 AM

Then maybe people were spoiled by too fast XP before.

Then I guess my, and many others, question becomes: why change it at all? Who complained about the XP before? The entire point of DAoC is to PvP so why slow the rate at which people get there? People have a right to be upset when changes are made like this that no one asked for and have no identifiable purpose other than reduce the QoL here. Maybe people were spoiled, but is that a bad thing? Why wouldn't we want people leveling as fast as possible? If more than one person has quit because of these XP changes then they are bad changes.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:25 AM by Svperstar
shintacki wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:10 AM
Then I guess my, and many others, question becomes: why change it at all? Who complained about the XP before? The entire point of DAoC is to PvP so why slow the rate at which people get there? People have a right to be upset when changes are made like this that no one asked for and have no identifiable purpose other than reduce the QoL here. Maybe people were spoiled, but is that a bad thing? Why wouldn't we want people leveling as fast as possible? If more than one person has quit because of these XP changes then they are bad changes.

I don't get why someone would quit. I came back to PHX after not touching it since January I think a week and a half ago. My Inf was level 6 when I came back. I am going to ding 50 tomorrow night. I have taken time to go to Sidi/SH raids on my Wiz I leveled to 50 before I took a break.

How is that slow XP?
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:31 AM by shintacki
Svperstar wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:25 AM
shintacki wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:10 AM

I don't get why someone would quit. I came back to PHX after not touching it since January I think a week and a half ago. My Inf was level 6 when I came back. I am going to ding 50 tomorrow night. I have taken time to go to Sidi/SH raids on my Wiz I leveled to 50 before I took a break.

How is that slow XP?

Come on man, read carefully. People are complaining that XP is slower than before, even if that means it's still relatively fast compared to other servers(which isn't even relevant but you seem to like pointing that out). The XP here may not be slow to you, but people that have been around consistently seem to be complaining that it has gotten slower with these recent changes. That's the issue. What's your /played on the infil just out of curiosity?
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:12 AM by Svperstar
shintacki wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:31 AM
]
Come on man, read carefully. People are complaining that XP is slower than before, even if that means it's still relatively fast compared to other servers(which isn't even relevant but you seem to like pointing that out). The XP here may not be slow to you, but people that have been around consistently seem to be complaining that it has gotten slower with these recent changes. That's the issue. What's your /played on the infil just out of curiosity?

I'm at 1 day 21 hours.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 9:25 AM by Tyrlaan
I´ve been taking a break too. It´s just not fun to level anymore.
Another item to clutter up inventory. To micromanage turn-in to get the most out of it (i.e. bridge some of the xp lost on tasks and items).
If it comes out at about the same speed of progress (after a couple more changes) then why change it? If it´s supposed to be less xp then WHY?
Should have removed the 10 xp items restriction and be done with it.

I appreciate the effort the devs put into it but I think this was wasted effort, making the game worse and better be spent on something else.
These kind of changes are also very frustrating to those players affected and disheartening regarding the future of this project.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 12:36 PM by Wasted_Content
Svperstar wrote:

1) It's 2019 (almost 2020) aint nobody care about your 2002 levelling speed and furthermore no one has time1 for that NOR wants to do that.

2) 44-47.5 in a day is not good. It's much slower than previously. 44-50 in a day should be quite easy (and it USED TO BE...literally ONE WEEK AGO)

I like the idea behind the changes but I think the numbers and percentages are TOO LOW. That's really all it boils down to. I've been playing consistently since day one (took a small break when they changed the task, and another when they went to NF, both of which I thought and still think killed the desire of lots of players) and I can tell you with 100% certainty that leveling has become MUCH slower (like..200% slower, maybe? ).

In a game the object of which (for most if not all) is to get to level 50 and get into PvP (a task that requires not only leveling 1-50 but also funding a character with plat for templates) it makes no sense to nerf the QoL for PvE.

To reduce my equation even further (heres looking at u Sepp), here's what I think is best for casuals and new players when it comes to PvE:

Rotating mob bonus for exploration good. Shareable XP tokens good. Sharing craft stats good. New tasks for SI/Classic good.

Nerfing task XP bad. Nerfing mob bonus bad. Increasing mob damage EXTRA BAD.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:06 PM by Bequick
Maybe it's time you take another break, go play outside a bit

Poudy
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:25 PM by sylvynyr
I dunno, just went from 41 to 49 in two days of farming POC and DF while making a decent amount of cash. Given these were in two amazing PBAE groups.. which in themselves don't necessarily need nerfing, but melee toon/group bonuses could probably still use a bit of a boost.

Grouping has always been the best way to level in DAOC. Don't get me wrong... I get that leveling can feel slow at times and given the server is approaching its first anniversary since going live, I'd love to see the population thrive; I definitely don't want to see people leave in frustration. To be fair, there are so many other Quality of Life improvements over the official version that make this place amazing.

I'm also super guilty of rerolling every possible class just to experience them. I'm also still waxing nostalgia at all the zones, dungeons, monsters.. everything I haven't seen in years. Hard to express how much I'm really enjoying this server. That being said, a barrier of entry to RvR isn't necessarily a bad thing. On one side, they could make it as slow as DAOC was back in 2001... or on the other side, they could give everyone /level50, but neither amounts to a positive lasting experience. A barrier of entry keeps people motivated and enticed as long as it isn't too high. I've read they expect people to hit 50 in around 48 hours played and that seems to be my experience so far, give or take. Having that type of leveling system helps others who might be just now starting out. Groups are always forming, people are always rolling up new toons and it's awesome knowing there's a group most likely forming around your level. Make it too easy, and people just solo... sounds like WoW, not DAOC.

To each their own.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:26 PM by falcon
Wasted_Content wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 12:36 PM
I can tell you with 100% certainty that leveling has become MUCH slower (like..200% slower, maybe? )...

Until latest siege weapon nerf, xp was 1000% faster you wrong ^^ It was a pleasure to up all my level 30 sleeping until 35 in one click and try RVR (and free level a day)

Now you know once 30 you will never need to kill ANY mob to up 50 very fast (just need 150 dunter heads, and u have 30 levels to find them or buy them not so hard)

The only problem now is up 1-30, is it so difficult ? when u know we can start farming xp item at 18 with cabal = 400 xp item to farm to up 30 (half if u use your token & eggs)
= 200 pulls = 200mn = less 4 hours and bye xp/farming until 50...

Do u know many MMORPG where 4H of killing mob enough to have level max ? :p
I say 4 hours solo, probably 2h in group ^^

Find solution before always waiting Dev up xp already too fast and too easy ^^

F.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:28 PM by Svperstar
Wasted_Content wrote:
1) It's 2019 (almost 2020) aint nobody care about your 2002 levelling speed and furthermore no one has time1 for that NOR wants to do that.

Um I was using that to point out how fast Phx XP is. Where in anything I said would you think I wanted XP to be like it was in 2002?

Wasted_Content wrote:
2) 44-47.5 in a day is not good. It's much slower than previously. 44-50 in a day should be quite easy (and it USED TO BE...literally ONE WEEK AGO)

47.5 and 50 is just 2.5 levels. Not that huge of a difference. Keep in mind its not like I was in 3x Ice Wiz PBAOE groups on 200% mobs the whole time or it would have been a lot faster. My point is people are freaking out and talking about rage quitting the server over these changes like its oh so slow and impossible to level now and I in just the last week and a half have leveled an Inf almost to 50, and Inf is a "hard to level class".

Before I quit phx in Jan I leveled a Healer and a Wiz to 50 and it was roughly the same speed.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:10 PM by Sepplord
sylvynyr wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:25 PM
Make it too easy, and people just solo...

I thought about this a bit and i must say i disagree, or at least i don't think it is possible to "force" people into groups whithout alienating a huge part of the playerbase.

The only way to "force" people to level with grouping is to make levelling solo a huge PITA.
Then the average player that plays for one hour or two will rely on groups. Building/finding a group takes time. PUGs fall apart or have to search replacement every other hour... etc...
If you account for all of those factors, and adjust levelling accordingly. Then Set-grps or players that play in 10hour brackets will always level much faster then planned.
If you balance XP according to the set-grps/10hour-bracket players then it will be too long for the before mentioned players.

Either way, there will be parts of the playersbase that level far too fast, or "the other side" will level far too slow.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:26 PM by sylvynyr
@sepplord

You're not wrong, but the bar has to be set somewhere. Sure there could probably be more tweaking, but DAOC has always had a constantly evolving balance associated with it.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:34 PM by shintacki
Svperstar wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:12 AM
shintacki wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:31 AM
]

I'm at 1 day 21 hours.

I guess we just have different perspectives on XP rates then. I don't know if you've done crafting, stopped by the BGs, or have done anything else that wasn't just straight up leveling but I would consider 45 hours to 50 very slow for Phoenix. I've leveled a Blademaster and Reaver 1-50 completely solo and both took around 24 hours. That's how good XP used to be and I have no idea if it's like that now but based on people's reactions to these changes it's not like that. No one saw that XP as being an issue, in fact everyone loved how fast it was. So I guess the changes are just confusing for people because why did they even have to be made in the first place?
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:37 PM by gruenesschaf
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:10 PM
sylvynyr wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 2:25 PM
Make it too easy, and people just solo...

I thought about this a bit and i must say i disagree, or at least i don't think it is possible to "force" people into groups whithout alienating a huge part of the playerbase.

The only way to "force" people to level with grouping is to make levelling solo a huge PITA.
Then the average player that plays for one hour or two will rely on groups. Building/finding a group takes time. PUGs fall apart or have to search replacement every other hour... etc...
If you account for all of those factors, and adjust levelling accordingly. Then Set-grps or players that play in 10hour brackets will always level much faster then planned.
If you balance XP according to the set-grps/10hour-bracket players then it will be too long for the before mentioned players.

Either way, there will be parts of the playersbase that level far too fast, or "the other side" will level far too slow.

I think there is already a pretty nice differentiation between those with only an hour or two per day and hence to avoid wasting half their limited play time with group searching they solo and those that have a lot more playtime but chose to solo. The daily task resets really help those that are "forced" to solo whereas the chosen solo leveling style is not really something we want to encourage.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:42 PM by Svperstar
shintacki wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:34 PM
t have different perspectives on XP rates then. I don't know if you've done crafting, stopped by the BGs, or have done anything else that wasn't just straight up leveling but I would consider 45 hours to 50 very slow for Phoenix. I've leveled a Blademaster and Reaver 1-50 completely solo and both took around 24 hours. That's how good XP used to be and I have no idea if it's like that now but based on people's reactions to these changes it's not like that. No one saw that XP as being an issue, in fact everyone loved how fast it was. So I guess the changes are just confusing for people because why did they even have to be made in the first place?

I was level 6 when I start back up here. I did a lot of it solo then I got some really bad groups where they insisted on going to DF and would not take no for an answer when I was level 15-25 ish and we ended up wiping multiple times. After that I struck out on my own or made my own groups. It really sped up once I stayed out of DF and just went for the xp bonus monsters. Keep in mind Inf is not a class people seek out for XP groups so unlike leveling up my Wiz I was never first pick for PBAOE groups.

I find it interesting that by your own admission you have no idea what the XP situation is like now but you are still here complaining about it. The tasks reset daily and you get XP for completing the task and then also turning in the task items to the trainer, plus the XP items that drop. Its really not that hard.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:48 PM by sylvynyr
Don't forget the passive creature type bonuses that change daily providing up to 200% extra.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:52 PM by shintacki
Svperstar wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:42 PM
shintacki wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:34 PM
t have different perspectives on XP rates then. I don't know if you've done crafting, stopped by the BGs, or have done anything else that wasn't just straight up leveling but I would consider 45 hours to 50 very slow for Phoenix. I've leveled a Blademaster and Reaver 1-50 completely solo and both took around 24 hours. That's how good XP used to be and I have no idea if it's like that now but based on people's reactions to these changes it's not like that. No one saw that XP as being an issue, in fact everyone loved how fast it was. So I guess the changes are just confusing for people because why did they even have to be made in the first place?

I was level 6 when I start back up here. I did a lot of it solo then I got some really bad groups where they insisted on going to DF and would not take no for an answer when I was level 15-25 ish and we ended up wiping multiple times. After that I struck out on my own or made my own groups. It really sped up once I stayed out of DF and just went for the xp bonus monsters. Keep in mind Inf is not a class people seek out for XP groups so unlike leveling up my Wiz I was never first pick for PBAOE groups.

I find it interesting that by your own admission you have no idea what the XP situation is like now but you are still here complaining about it. The tasks reset daily and you get XP for completing the task and then also turning in the task items to the trainer, plus the XP items that drop. Its really not that hard.

I've never complained about it being slower. I've said repeatedly that other people seem to think it's slower. And people thinking it's slower is enough for there to be a problem, if it really is slower then that's an even bigger problem. I just want the most possible people playing the server. So when this thread and a few others pop up about people complaining and potentially quitting because XP is slower than it used to be, I get concerned. I get even more concerned because the changes weren't even necessary to begin with because people were happy. Do you see what I'm saying? Changing the XP rates really wasn't a good idea since no one was complaining about them before. Everyone initially thought these changes were going to make leveling even faster, but that is apparently not the case.

I'm very glad that you think 45(I know it is probably way less than this, you just had some inefficient leveling experiences) hours to 50 is acceptable, because that means you'll stick around and keep playing. I'm just not sure others will share that sentiment.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 4:57 PM by Svekt
While I agree that in some cases Solo XPing needed a small nerf, it did not deserve the one it got. Its almost 2020, people want something they can pick up and play almost immediately or simply immediately. I intentionally avoid LFG and building xp groups with anyone outside our guilds core of players because it becomes a fiasco and pissing contest between 4 strangers who all think they know better than the next. Bottom line is that this is not friendly to players wanting to join this server.

I had a first night in a long time where my guildies just couldn't get on and had to break down and PVE, I think i made it to level 7 and quit playing about 4 hours earlier than I normally do. I hate to compare the two because they are very different servers, but this was very UTH like and I know people left UTH because of how much time was required to make progress.

Progress is great, but when the time is takes to do so is extended people will just find something else to entertain them. Daoc is brutal at lower levels with no buffs, potions end, power and people just want to get to the good stuff faster.

If we had 20K player base, this would have been a great decision to force more grouping. But lets be honest, in my play time you are lucky to have a server pop of 350-500 and your pick of people in LFG is slim, no to mention those in your level range that can participate and know their class role. Nerfing solo players who don't have a farm toon ALREADY 50 are screwed.

The server also really lacks in druids and clerics, can't speak for mid but forcing group play when there is almost no full support to be found is rather silly imo. Especially since once you start grouping you have to kill higher and higher level mobs which you will need buffs and heals for unless you want to meditate after every mob while you huddle around your campfire making smores.

Ive never understood why you would take a group of players that you should value and hold onto and then just piss them off because you don't agree with how they play the game.... We seem to do things to bleed players instead of keep them. Can't see how this possibly brings anyone back even...
Sat 16 Nov 2019 6:28 AM by Svperstar
So at 48.3 I was 1 day 21 hours. I just dinged 50 at 2 days played. Tonight I killed mobs weak to thrust that dropped the level 47 xp item. Even got ganked once. So basically 2 levels in 3 hours played on a solo Infiltrator. Yet people are rage quitting the server and saying the will never level a character again because its too hard.

lol.
Sat 16 Nov 2019 7:54 AM by Lollie
sylvynyr wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 3:48 PM
Don't forget the passive creature type bonuses that change daily providing up to 200% extra.

If people can combine that with mobs that drop KT items then the change really isnt so drastic.
I happened to be killing crabs (200% bonus) in the swamp on mid, by the time i had 20 claws to hand in i hand leveled through the grind/task rewards then leveled again with the hand ins.
Sat 16 Nov 2019 12:00 PM by xbich
i'm completely done, with XP... i've been playing for two months and i dont know many ppl. I won't play here for PVE/Bored experience.
Sat 16 Nov 2019 1:36 PM by falcon
xbich wrote:
Sat 16 Nov 2019 12:00 PM
i'm completely done, with XP... i've been playing for two months and i dont know many ppl. I won't play here for PVE/Bored experience.

good news the new system here to bring u in rvr in few hours (enough to up 35 I explain how on all my post tired :p ) and be 50 next week, perfect to find friends and have fun, don't understand why people whining maybe they doesnt understand the fantastic UP for xp items ??? and free level given every day with task & token ? (if u convert more 19 token and less 90 xp item u understood nothing :p )

+1 Svperstar, 1 understood ! :p

Svekt wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 4:57 PM
Nerfing solo players who don't have a farm toon ALREADY 50 are screwed.

Wrong, now even xp item level 20 are gold and can be farm with a cabal level 18-20 (if u dont want to up your farm class, trade them for xp item of the level u need for your main class) on phoenix solo (thx eggs ^^) sometimes faster than group, so group when 1000 people online and farm solo when 200 only, its simple ^^

Having a farm class 50 is sometimes a handicap, 0 dunter head in market place, and grey at 50... so I created another level 35 farm class to up my main 30 (need 2 hours ? :p )
Sun 17 Nov 2019 9:20 AM by iamsaitam
falcon wrote:
Sat 16 Nov 2019 1:36 PM
xbich wrote:
Sat 16 Nov 2019 12:00 PM

good news the new system here to bring u in rvr in few hours (enough to up 35 I explain how on all my post tired :p ) and be 50 next week, perfect to find friends and have fun, don't understand why people whining maybe they doesnt understand the fantastic UP for xp items ??? and free level given every day with task & token ? (if u convert more 19 token and less 90 xp item u understood nothing :p )

+1 Svperstar, 1 understood ! :p

Svekt wrote:
Fri 15 Nov 2019 4:57 PM
Nerfing solo players who don't have a farm toon ALREADY 50 are screwed.

Wrong, now even xp item level 20 are gold and can be farm with a cabal level 18-20 (if u dont want to up your farm class, trade them for xp item of the level u need for your main class) on phoenix solo (thx eggs ^^) sometimes faster than group, so group when 1000 people online and farm solo when 200 only, its simple ^^

Having a farm class 50 is sometimes a handicap, 0 dunter head in market place, and grey at 50... so I created another level 35 farm class to up my main 30 (need 2 hours ? :p )

I didn't want to comment on this thread, because I don't think anything will change.. but you just presented that now competitive means having more than 1 farm class. For me the issue is that PvE is just boring. If the devs make something about that part, I'd be fine with the changes. I also think it's foolish for them to think that make xping harder won't have a negative impact on population. It's almost 2020, for sure you know attention span is a currency.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 10:25 AM by falcon
iamsaitam wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 9:20 AM
For me the issue is that PvE is just boring. If the devs make something about that part, I'd be fine with the changes.

So you you are fine with the change, you didn't see they discretely implanted /level 50 ???
(thats why the real reason everybody cry, we cant xp anymore, nobody serious xp anymore :p)

And don't tell me u can't earn few P or levels a day being semi AFK , I gave 1 tip above if you really hate XP (my last chars 4X never killed 1 mob, just need to find feather or money and u can do it even afk ^^) -> epic dungeon, rvr (guards are rich just group & stick ^^), passive task after 35 (need 1 click or 1 boat...), giving 50 soil to supply every 30mn after 35...
Sun 17 Nov 2019 12:24 PM by iamsaitam
falcon wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 10:25 AM
iamsaitam wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 9:20 AM
For me the issue is that PvE is just boring. If the devs make something about that part, I'd be fine with the changes.

So you you are fine with the change, you didn't see they discretely implanted /level 50 ???
(thats why the real reason everybody cry, we cant xp anymore, nobody serious xp anymore :p)

And don't tell me u can't earn few P or levels a day being semi AFK , I gave 1 tip above if you really hate XP (my last chars 4X never killed 1 mob, just need to find feather or money and u can do it even afk ^^) -> epic dungeon, rvr (guards are rich just group & stick ^^), passive task after 35 (need 1 click or 1 boat...), giving 50 soil to supply every 30mn after 35...

You seem to not see that your so called /level 50 is only for the people that were already well off, people that can just spend 15plat on a character to get there. Not everyone is in guilds that allow this and that's the problem.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 12:57 PM by falcon
iamsaitam wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 12:24 PM
You seem to not see that your so called /level 50 is only for the people that were already well off, people that can just spend 15plat on a character to get there. Not everyone is in guilds that allow this and that's the problem.

And thats why this patch is fantastic for them, before they need to kill 25 mobs to have 10 xp item nobody want for 10g each, and today they need to kill 50 mobs to have 10 xp item sold in the hour at 60g each, and same people who buy them dont need 10 but want 150, you see the difference ?, so now you are rich or 50 and often both :p

old system
no farm class = 25mn to earn 100 gold = 200 gold / hour
farm class = 2mn to earn 100 gold = 3P / hour

new system
no farm class = 50mn to earn 600 gold = 700 gold / hour
farm class = 5 mn to earn 600 gold = 7.2P / hour

so yes to up 20-35 now u need 2 hours of farm with a farm class to help u (whatever its level, we can start farming xp item at 19) and u don't need to kill ANY mobs anymore... (faster if your main char is a farm class, cabal are very good in rvr ^^)
And we still read people here to say i'm poor and xp is slow ???
Sun 17 Nov 2019 8:04 PM by carlwinslow
I uninstalled last week lol, hopefully the devs actually start caring what the player base thinks I might come back if that ever happens.
Sun 17 Nov 2019 8:41 PM by shintacki
carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 8:04 PM
I uninstalled last week lol, hopefully the devs actually start caring what the player base thinks I might come back if that ever happens.

This is really all the evidence you need that the changes were bad. This guy was a fun loving, pain tolerating masochist that endured as a solo healer. Anything that drives someone like that to quit needs to be reevaluated.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:14 AM by carlwinslow
shintacki wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 8:41 PM
carlwinslow wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 8:04 PM

This is really all the evidence you need that the changes were bad. This guy was a fun loving, pain tolerating masochist that endured as a solo healer. Anything that drives someone like that to quit needs to be reevaluated.

Sometimes I am fun loving but sometimes I can be grumpy, I admit I'll whine sometimes as people have said about me, but sometimes whiners and critics are a necessary evil. I usually get more pissed off at bad mechanics or changes I don't like more than at other players although I have gotten into it with other players too sometimes, usually when they don't like what I have to say about game mechanics and it turns into an argument lol. I think a sign of strength by the devs would be to listen to the player base but instead they are doing these bizarre changes nobody wanted. They had a good thing going, why mess with it? Also imo constructive criticism is a good thing btw it makes us stronger as people, I don't think they like when people are unhappy with their choices and they just don't wanna hear it.

PS. thanks for the nice words, I had a good time playing my healer and I got a lot of love from people who saw my videos while I was rolling around on Chudwicke, it was nice goofing around on here and joking around with fellow mids. Hopefully they give some of us who are taking a break a reason to come back.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:54 AM by gotwqqd
falcon wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 12:57 PM
iamsaitam wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 12:24 PM

And thats why this patch is fantastic for them, before they need to kill 25 mobs to have 10 xp item nobody want for 10g each, and today they need to kill 50 mobs to have 10 xp item sold in the hour at 60g each, and same people who buy them dont need 10 but want 150, you see the difference ?, so now you are rich or 50 and often both :p

old system
no farm class = 25mn to earn 100 gold = 200 gold / hour
farm class = 2mn to earn 100 gold = 3P / hour

new system
no farm class = 50mn to earn 600 gold = 700 gold / hour
farm class = 5 mn to earn 600 gold = 7.2P / hour

so yes to up 20-35 now u need 2 hours of farm with a farm class to help u (whatever its level, we can start farming xp item at 19) and u don't need to kill ANY mobs anymore... (faster if your main char is a farm class, cabal are very good in rvr ^^)
And we still read people here to say i'm poor and xp is slow ???
You are no Spock....
Mon 18 Nov 2019 11:38 AM by falcon
carlwinslow wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:14 AM
they are doing these bizarre changes nobody wanted. ..

You are not in the head of dev, they solved many problem with this patch

1) xp was too slow between 20-35 -> done now instant (and don't cry if in X years u don't have 15P in bank or don't want to farm 2 hours to find them...)
2) too much people hitting mob instead RVR -> done, once 35 no need to hit mob anymore (and many 30+ in pause are now 40+), let's fun in rvr (and if u want to spend your life to drop rare object or killing mobs, you choosen wrong game, try diablo 2 or WOW :p )
3) Farming was not interesting anymore (I found rog 60+ utility 100g every day, before need 10 xp item instant drop sold 100g , so farmer earn about 100g a day with them... now need 150 same xp item sold 7.5P, farming is now very interesting !)

The only complaint I can read here is XP is now too fast, nobody xp anymore "I don't find group, I'm too fast 35 now to find friend and guild", DEV maybe do an error with removing XP interest (half my char are now XP off to not up too fast and keep on farming green mobs ^^) but this is an error about sociability in mmorpg not about XP and this new /level 50 hidden
Mon 18 Nov 2019 12:19 PM by gotwqqd
falcon wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 11:38 AM
carlwinslow wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 2:14 AM
they are doing these bizarre changes nobody wanted. ..

You are not in the head of dev, they solved many problem with this patch

1) xp was too slow between 20-35 -> done now instant (and don't cry if in X years u don't have 15P in bank or don't want to farm 2 hours to find them...)
2) too much people hitting mob instead RVR -> done, once 35 no need to hit mob anymore (and many 30+ in pause are now 40+), let's fun in rvr (and if u want to spend your life to drop rare object or killing mobs, you choosen wrong game, try diablo 2 or WOW :p )
3) Farming was not interesting anymore (I found rog 60+ utility 100g every day, before need 10 xp item instant drop sold 100g , so farmer earn about 100g a day with them... now need 150 same xp item sold 7.5P, farming is now very interesting !)

The only complaint I can read here is XP is now too fast, nobody xp anymore "I don't find group, I'm too fast 35 now to find friend and guild", DEV maybe do an error with removing XP interest (half my char are now XP off to not up too fast and keep on farming green mobs ^^) but this is an error about sociability in mmorpg not about XP and this new /level 50 hidden
You miss the mark on so many points
New people have no money
Even people from 1 year may not have
2 hours for 20-35? Wrong . Drop rates are hideous, even for mass pulling classes.
Nothing changed about post 35...always could go to rvr if you wished
What exactly is now interesting about farming?

The reason for no groups is NOT that do is too fast.
It’s because they are full. Solo is not much of an option as it’s at a snails pace
Mon 18 Nov 2019 1:02 PM by falcon
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 18 Nov 2019 12:19 PM
You miss the mark on so many points
New people have no money
Even people from 1 year may not have
2 hours for 20-35? Wrong . Drop rates are hideous, even for mass pulling classes.
Nothing changed about post 35...always could go to rvr if you wished
What exactly is now interesting about farming?

The reason for no groups is NOT that do is too fast.
It’s because they are full. Solo is not much of an option as it’s at a snails pace

New people need a cabal 19 to start farming and having money (1-2h to up then 5P/hour about ?)
Poor people from 1yr are probably afk and never do epic dungeon/rvr (I do less 10 times sidi this year and many hours RVR = 500000 feathers = 140P ?)
Drop rate are often 10% (often on green) and 40% on higher mob, just find them, 5P/hour is very low I'm sure I could do 10 or 15 if u know good spot ^^
(= 1 pull / mn = 1 xp drop with a cabal, sure if u need to kill 20 greens 1 by 1 its not interesting , before and after patch thats why we created farming class ^^)
post 35 u up 50 in 1 week instead 2 (token and understood no need to stick 1h and kill 1 guard to be tagged 50 soils of alb every 30mn enough (and farm between ^^))
Before gold was 75% of your level, so u earn money buy or drop 10 xp item do 75% of your level then need to kill stupid mobs again and again to finish 25%, now farming = 100% of your level this is a big change ^^

Full group ? its a joke, just 90% of people solo in this game (pve & rvr, just do /bg groups to check ^^) if solo was not so good maybe more group ^^ maybe need to work on that right ^^
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics