Xping can we please have a vote to revert these xp changes

Started 9 Nov 2019
by Mainevent
in Ask the Team
its rough xping even more so after these changes hard to get people to the end game of being 50 and getting templated and finding a group of people to run with
pretty please bring old xp tasks back
Sat 9 Nov 2019 12:39 PM by ceto287
Agreed, these changes are not needed and just ruin the fun. I'm not going to take double the time to level than I was before, please change it back.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 1:04 PM by Fenork
Totally agree
Sat 9 Nov 2019 1:10 PM by Uthred
There will be no voting. Just read todays Patch Notes.

https://playphoenix.online/patch-notes
Sat 9 Nov 2019 3:36 PM by Dyvol
With the changes to XP and turn ins it should help you while leveling.

The 10 item limit was removed and you will also obtain xp bonus from having more well rounded groups in pve. This will allow you to make and form groups that are not based around only a PBAE and a healer.

If you find something you think is a big or a broken mechanism then please complete a bug report via the tracker.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 3:39 PM by Akmes
i was trying duo with mate Bard/Enchant (lv 30+) , just no xp rewards we both logout really disapointed
Sat 9 Nov 2019 4:40 PM by Expfighter
Uthred wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 1:10 PM

i'm not being disrespectful here, but doesn't your first line sound kind of "Stalinistic"?

not sure why the xp change was made in the first place, I don't know ANYONE that complained about the xp system.

the token garbage is just that, GARBAGE! it was PERFECT before the change
Sat 9 Nov 2019 6:03 PM by Fenork
Last fix has adjust some issues, but xp still sooo slow.
Rly, i cant understand the reason for this change.
Xp/mob types/task items are one of the best QoL of phoenix, i didnt see anyone complain about it..

My guild decided to move hib this weekend, this patch hit us like an hammer
Sat 9 Nov 2019 11:10 PM by kiectred
Expfighter wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 4:40 PM
Uthred wrote:

i'm not being disrespectful here, but doesn't your first line sound kind of "Stalinistic"?

Just a ridiculous comparison. Unbelievable entitlement.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 12:50 AM by shratness
This is short sighted by the devs.

The changes have not made levelling easier and if anything have reinforced PBAOE farming as the *only* good way of levelling. Task collection items still give 1/4 the xp they used to and have 1/2 the drop rate. So it pretty much takes 8x as much time collecting items for the same XP reward. This is far far far slower than 10 items per level before.

Also well rounded groups do nothing, you can't do a small/non pbaoe group for task items because task items suck, you also can't solo because the task items suck and solo grinding mobs has nearly always been terrible.

I beg you devs to make a new toon and see how bad it is compared to a week ago.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 3:09 AM by Roger_Rabbit
even with the change today on the 9th this is horrible.....tbh as I see it if this isn't fixed this is the beginning of the end of this server and if the proc change happens that will be the first coffin nail.....so sad was having fun here.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 2:31 PM by Hubert124567
Shredders Only gave 60% cap xp yesterday .... not talking social xp .... talking cap xp !!!

It seems that this rework was to slow leveling. Even before, leveling was to slow.....

This game is RVR. There is no content worth playing below level 50. If you dont get it i know many players leaving., they are here for RVR not pve under 50. Just make instant 20/30/40/50 or make it faster but not slower at all. This change is ridicoulous. I dont wanna spend more time leveling. NO one wants. Just make a vote. i think instant 50 will be the result or instant 40. And you can leave it free for some people to level from level 1 .... But i know no one who play this game for the level grind.

PLEASE! i bet if you do instant level 40 / 50 we will get more players....
Sun 10 Nov 2019 3:24 PM by Nachtfee
Level 14 Savage over 30 Morvalts for 10 Morvalts Head´s --- worth 2 bubbs ^^ done with leveling
Sun 10 Nov 2019 3:28 PM by gotwqqd
I never bothered with Uthgard because of my perceived notion of the conversation grind there.
I only started playing here after reading how xping was such a pleasure. Not 100% sure but looks like my playing days here will be over. I don’t feel like leveling characters again under the new changes, I was in the edge about doing so before them.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 4:04 PM by ceto287
Agreed, I went back to live this morning because over there I can level fast and get to the real game at 50 and not waste time on the boring leveling. If they decide to reverse this foolish change then I'll definitely be back.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 5:45 PM by JackieC
I only have limited time to play this game, so this has effected me tremendously. I just turned in 10 items that used to give me half a level, but today I got 1 bubble. This is after the supposed increase from yesterday. Now that the drop rate has significantly decreased and the xp is a joke, I am finding it harder to enjoy playing. The xp change has totally ruined it for me. If the intention of the changes was to drive away casual players, it is working as intended.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 9:20 PM by Tejron
Too bad devs had to make this change. I cant really see why?

To make i more difficult to get lvl 50? Seems to be the end to this otherwise great server, where the essense of the good old daoc days were to be found. exept the evergoing grinding for xp. well thats sorted now.

Dont mind change towards the task system, but please dont make it this difficult to make it to lvl 50. atleast make the droprate go up, so there is a point of farming for xp loot.

What a shame. really enjoyed this. well back to real life then.
Sun 10 Nov 2019 10:44 PM by Goforit
Tejron wrote: Too bad devs had to make this change. I cant really see why?

Maybe the devs can explain? So many people complaining...
Sun 10 Nov 2019 11:50 PM by gotwqqd
Goforit wrote:
Sun 10 Nov 2019 10:44 PM
Tejron wrote: Too bad devs had to make this change. I cant really see why?

Maybe the devs can explain? So many people complaining...

Maybe it was lost in the quest to make xping equal for every class type.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 12:03 AM by Toobad
@Uthred, with all due respect, the XP level after the latest patch is still around 1/3 of what it was with XP items before the changes were applied.

As a direct example, I turned in 10 Faerie Frog Eyes at level 30, and received 2.27 bubbles of XP. In the past, the same turn in provided at least 6, possibly 7 bubbles of experience. In addition, the drop rate has been reduced as it took kiiling 60+ frogs before I received the 10 eyes.

I understand the desire to increase grouping for PvE, but this makes it worse for both groups, small man, and especially solo XPing. It was expected that the intent of the XP item limit removal would be to help people level a bit faster (if not simply easier than searching for various XP mobs). However, the XP process is not significantly slower and will serve to drive people away from leveling alts.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 12:17 AM by gotwqqd
Toobad wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 12:03 AM
@Uthred, with all due respect, the XP level after the latest patch is still around 1/3 of what it was with XP items before the changes were applied.

As a direct example, I turned in 10 Faerie Frog Eyes at level 30, and received 2.27 bubbles of XP. In the past, the same turn in provided at least 6, possibly 7 bubbles of experience. In addition, the drop rate has been reduced as it took kiiling 60+ frogs before I received the 10 eyes.

I understand the desire to increase grouping for PvE, but this makes it worse for both groups, small man, and especially solo XPing. It was expected that the intent of the XP item limit removal would be to help people level a bit faster (if not simply easier than searching for various XP mobs). However, the XP process is not significantly slower and will serve to drive people away from leveling alts.
Isn’t level 30 where the previous xp reduction of 100% of level began?
I recall needing very little after a “max item” turn in.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 1:29 AM by Layuth
Uthred wrote:

This strategy worked so well for the realm switch timer didn't it. Also, do you remember the "proposed" feather change nerf?

Forcing people to play a certain way or with certain classes is NEVER good. Take a poll and see how wrong you are again. Or lose another chunk of the population before you finally do it.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:41 AM by Myr
felt like there was nothing wrong with prepatch xp. i actually enjoyed leveling.
right now i don't even want to play.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:09 AM by ExcretusMaximus
I don't think comparisons to Stalin are appropriate (come on, it's a video game), but we've seen time and time again that when the devs dig in their heels and start throwing absolutes around, it just hurts the server.

Maybe if someone took the time to explain what the purpose of these changes was meant to be, we'd at least have an inkling of what is supposed to be happening. Right now, everyone's assuming it was to make leveling easier and faster, when it in fact reduced speed by at least 60%, possibly more. Were the changes meant to slow things down? If so, it's a resounding success; but if the changes were meant to make leveling even easier than it was, you have failed colossally and throwing out a blanket "there will be no vote" without any explanation of things just serves to alienate your player base.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 9:21 AM by Wolfir666
Dyvol wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 3:36 PM

The 10 item limit was removed and you will also obtain xp bonus from having more well rounded groups in pve. This will allow you to make and form groups that are not based around only a PBAE and a healer.

If you find something you think is a big or a broken mechanism then please complete a bug report via the tracker.

Unfortunately that's not correct.

The drop-rate of the XP-Items was obviously reduced.
Where you needed to kill around 30-40 Mobs pre-patch to obtain 10 XP-Items, you now have to kill 70-80. Tested it several times, its true.

The XP you receive when turning in XP-Items was obviously reduced.
Turned in 10 Cockatrice-Feathers on lvl 49. The item is 49-50.
Where it provided 4,5 Bubbles on 49 pre-patch, it now provides 2,7 bubbles.
The same effect can be watched with other items as well, just saying it was reduced to minimum level can not be correct, as even on minimum Level (see above example) it provides less XP than it did before.

The XP you receive when finishing RvR-Participation-task and Attack/defend-Task was obviously reduced.
Funnily there even was a patch, to adjust it upwards again, it still isn't where it was pre-patch.
Pre-Patch you could finish a participation-task (i.e. being killed by a ganking enemy in FZ while hunting for FZ-XP-Items..) and obtained minimum 0,45 bubbles for that.
After first patch, you received 0,1 Bubbles, after adjustment on that thing its still only around 0,2 bubbles.

So obviously you receive less XP for being killed in FZ.
So obviously you receive less XP for turning in XP-Items.
So obviously you have to kill more mobs to even get enough XP-Items.

Together with the adding of Tasks on Killing monster in classic/ in SI and the changing of the XP-bonuses on certain monsters on a random base that were pre-patch nice to kill in FZ it means only one real conclusion.

---> You do *NOT* want people, to kill monsters in FZ.

Outcome of that:

More leveling inland, less RP the Gankers can get.
Maybe that was the intention behind the change?
Mon 11 Nov 2019 9:49 AM by Sepplord
Dyvol wrote:
This will allow you to make and form groups that are not based around only a PBAE and a healer.

If you want to make groups that are not bomb groups competitive in levelling speeds, then there needs to be some kind of metric/XP-income that is completely decoupled from killspeed.
Ironically, the only thing that met that requirement (RvR-task-tag) was nerfed hard.

I am not sure how to make non-PBAOE groups viable, and i am not even convinced that it would be a good idea, but as long as XP-gains are heavily linked to killspeed there is nothing that can be done that will ever make bombgroups slower than other groups.
And the slower levelling is, the more people will insist on bomb-groups.

The slower leveling is in general, the more elitist/toxic will grouping become
Mon 11 Nov 2019 10:09 AM by Fenork
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 9:49 AM
Dyvol wrote:
This will allow you to make and form groups that are not based around only a PBAE and a healer.

If you want to make groups that are not bomb groups competitive in levelling speeds, then there needs to be some kind of metric/XP-income that is completely decoupled from killspeed.
Ironically, the only thing that met that requirement (RvR-task-tag) was nerfed hard.

I am not sure how to make non-PBAOE groups viable, and i am not even convinced that it would be a good idea, but as long as XP-gains are heavily linked to killspeed there is nothing that can be done that will ever make bombgroups slower than other groups.
And the slower levelling is, the more people will insist on bomb-groups.

The slower leveling is in general, the more elitist/toxic will grouping become

I agree
Mon 11 Nov 2019 10:19 AM by Fenork
Wolfir666 wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 9:21 AM
Dyvol wrote:

Unfortunately that's not correct.

The drop-rate of the XP-Items was obviously reduced.
Where you needed to kill around 30-40 Mobs pre-patch to obtain 10 XP-Items, you now have to kill 70-80. Tested it several times, its true.

The XP you receive when turning in XP-Items was obviously reduced.
Turned in 10 Cockatrice-Feathers on lvl 49. The item is 49-50.
Where it provided 4,5 Bubbles on 49 pre-patch, it now provides 2,7 bubbles.
The same effect can be watched with other items as well, just saying it was reduced to minimum level can not be correct, as even on minimum Level (see above example) it provides less XP than it did before.

The XP you receive when finishing RvR-Participation-task and Attack/defend-Task was obviously reduced.
Funnily there even was a patch, to adjust it upwards again, it still isn't where it was pre-patch.
Pre-Patch you could finish a participation-task (i.e. being killed by a ganking enemy in FZ while hunting for FZ-XP-Items..) and obtained minimum 0,45 bubbles for that.
After first patch, you received 0,1 Bubbles, after adjustment on that thing its still only around 0,2 bubbles.

So obviously you receive less XP for being killed in FZ.
So obviously you receive less XP for turning in XP-Items.
So obviously you have to kill more mobs to even get enough XP-Items.

Together with the adding of Tasks on Killing monster in classic/ in SI and the changing of the XP-bonuses on certain monsters on a random base that were pre-patch nice to kill in FZ it means only one real conclusion.

---> You do *NOT* want people, to kill monsters in FZ.

Outcome of that:

More leveling inland, less RP the Gankers can get.
Maybe that was the intention behind the change?

This is the real situation.
They nerfed all way to get xp, i still ask myself the reason.
I play on phoenix since september, loved it a lot for many reason, now u just kill lot of this reasons.
I love rvr, but i love to test new setups, or reroll realm with my friends ( all things that add longevity and fun at the game).
Last patch ruin a significative part of this game, discouragin new players or returning ones.

Before i quit the server it should be nice that some dev explain us the intention behind this patch
Mon 11 Nov 2019 10:28 AM by Patron
It may sound harsh but a server is not a democracy. Even we can make a voice at a poll, some serverparameters are not debatable and its not our decision.
Ofc a good serverteam would hear on the players input.

But in core, i dont like the xpnerf and i want to know why they make such a controversal change.

And needless to say, decisions like that lead normaly to a frustrated community and it is very hard to get back the player which left.
Uthgard is the best example.

So the Phoenixteam should think about this change.

Peace out
Mon 11 Nov 2019 11:20 AM by gruenesschaf
There is no point in having a vote involving gold or xp. The vote result would always be the fastest possible xp and the fastest possible gold gain and the least amount of gold spending.

The change went in the intended direction with most of the initial negative response being due to two bugs causing it to swing way too hard in that direction which were fixed on Saturday as well as some minor readjustments since then.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 11:23 AM by Goforit
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 11:20 AM
The change went in the intended direction

Which direction is that?
Mon 11 Nov 2019 11:58 AM by Wolfir666
Goforit wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 11:23 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Which direction is that?

Well for me it means to not xp in frontier anymore, as soon as you are level 35.
It takes way too long to obtain enough xp items, which means the chance to get killed in the meanwhile is much higher. And when that happens, you don't even get rewarded for it anymore as much as before.

So no leveling in fz above 35 must be the intended direction i would guess.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 1:34 PM by Fenork
gruenesschaf wrote:

Ok, ty for reply.

I think that this direction will be a suicide for server.
U hit newcomers more thab others, u hit who roll new chars for fun or for change setups/realm.
The real gain is for veterans, they can log their farmer chars(leveled in few hours prepatch) and just farm xp item for sell in ah.
A newcomer need to invest all golds gained (and more) buyng this task items for speed up their speed a bit.

Less fun for all, more golds for richs
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:15 PM by Fribrand
I hate having to post negative comments... It makes me feel guilty to call someone out who works hard and is trying to do well.

I hate reading other people's negative comments... It makes me want to defend those who are being attacked.

In this case... all these negative comments are justified... In fact, we need more negative comments.

The Dev's are just wrong here... in every sense of accounting... WRONG.

I understand tech-type people very well (as I am one), and work in a tech industry with a lot of other people like me. We tend to think we are right most of the time. We have a hard time admitting we are wrong. Even when we know we are wrong... we try and patch it and explain to people that we were right but it wasn't implemented as originally planned. Now that we adjusted it... it will be good.

The normal process for a game is to start the leveling out slow. Get people into the system and make sure things are somewhat fair and balanced. Then speed it up a little so the late starters and the working people can sort-of keep up. Then, after most players reach max level... speed it up even more so that new players can get into the action reasonably soon. What they are doing here is completely backwards.

I only played the previous server for a few months to prepare for the start of this server. I was told that this server was being created for 2 reasons. The Dev’s at the previous server would not listen to the players AND once the Dev’s there got all their alts up to a certain standard… they made it more difficult for others to achieve the same. It seems to me… this is exactly what is happening here. The Dev’s here are the TEAPOT to the KETTLE that they rebelled against!

The Dev’s just need to admit that they are wrong in this case… and put XP back to what it was. We all make mistakes… it happens. It shows that you are enlightened when you are able to admit your mistakes and are willing to undo them.

Just last week I tried talking a co-worker (who has not played since 2003ish) into playing Phoenix-DAoC. I told him that the grind wasn’t bad and that the server was run well. I now have to tell him to forget what I said… and... I hate that too.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 4:39 PM by Toobad
gruenesschaf wrote:
There is no point in having a vote involving gold or xp. The vote result would always be the fastest possible xp and the fastest possible gold gain and the least amount of gold spending.

The change went in the intended direction with most of the initial negative response being due to two bugs causing it to swing way too hard in that direction which were fixed on Saturday as well as some minor readjustments since then.

I don't think anyone is asking that the XP be changed to make is faster to level. The community is simply requesting that the previous XP approach be re-implemented. I appreciate the Devs trying to make changes to help and support the game. However, I also expect the Devs to recognize when changes are adversely impacting the game, and ultimately the server population.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 7:39 PM by Hubert124567
i think its not good to give it all for free. Yes.
but i think its not good to have an elitist circle who get it all easy from beginning and now make it harder only for new ones.

I hope this will not kill the population.

I have my farm chars. my plats from cheap hoh runs. my chars i wanna play .... so why then i am writing ? This game ist no fun for me when im alone on the server ....
Mon 11 Nov 2019 8:11 PM by Cymosxl
The xp system is so bad now, it's unbelievable that this patch go live,a kick in the ass for new players and casual gamers or die hard daoc fans with not so much time, let's vote about it please
Mon 11 Nov 2019 9:42 PM by Cinthel
Dear devs, please consider letting the players vote on this.
If people can't vote with their voice they will vote with their feet.
It has happened on Uthgard and it is happening here right now.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 11:39 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:

So the intention was to slow down leveling, making solo leveling a veritable nightmare, on a server already experiencing population issues.

Odd direction to take things, but it's your server to do with as you wish.
Mon 11 Nov 2019 11:45 PM by Goforit
Why devs not even explain?? Is it so hard to explain??????????????????????????
Tue 12 Nov 2019 12:02 AM by Goforit
gruenesschaf wrote:
with most of the initial negative response being due to two bugs causing it to swing way too hard in that direction which were fixed on Saturday as well as some minor readjustments since then.

Obviously not, because many people still complaining.
Tue 12 Nov 2019 2:17 AM by pollojack
As a solo leveler that would pop on for thirty minutes, hunt a mob, and log off with a level. I'm disappointed in the change. I can see the token system being great in the future when you have a stockpile from RvRing but as is I don't want to level my alts at all.

Please just revert the XP amount for turn ins. Unlimited really doesn't matter as you get diminishing returns and I guarantee you people will be buying more than farmers can output. Shopping, porting, running, porting, turn in to trainer, takes slightly less time than just farming the mob yourself and buying your levels leaves you in green/grey armor.

I'd also suggest later to cap token turn ins to 3 per "task." I can appreciate stocking up on XP for alts but they offer too little xp for the amount required to turn in and will be useless even in the future when people have hundreds.

I do appreciate the server, don't get too disheartened by backlash, y'all are good people doing good work.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 3:43 AM by Simpleman
Go back to the old system before it is to late. Maybe live server has payed our dev's off? They was no reason to change the way it was. Please let us vote and put things back right.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:42 PM by Akmes
The end of this freeshard for me !
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:54 PM by chryso
Can I have your stuff?
Thu 14 Nov 2019 7:44 PM by Bequick
Come on guys, just play the fking games and you will get to 50 you'll see, even if it takes 10 more days, just try to have fun that's what its all about...

Poudy
Sat 16 Nov 2019 2:18 PM by falcon
Goforit wrote:
Mon 11 Nov 2019 11:23 AM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Which direction is that?

Having more people in rvr and less waisting time to xp old school ? (farm class do it for us ^^)

Great change, we can up 35 in few hours now and testing rvr fast, much more fun thx dev
(and if u dont have farm class or money, its your fault not dev ones ^^)
Mon 25 Nov 2019 2:25 PM by Expfighter
gruenesschaf wrote:

Wow is all I can say here WOW! And I thought UTHGARD took a tough stance on changes, but you have committed server suicide here!

1. You change the xp system to make it a horrible Nightmare, and then take a hardline "There will be no voted, stfu players" (my words not yours, but that's how it comes off to us) and refuse to understand the basic concept of impact.

2. THEN you fu*& with HoH and DS and utterly destroy the high end PvE players, then again this morning you make even more sh*&tastic changes to HoH and DS and restrict the number of repeat classes to 2? I guarantee you that not 1 DS or HoH run will be made EVER again with these changes.

WTF are you doing Blue/UTHRED Whoever you are?
Mon 25 Nov 2019 5:01 PM by gruenesschaf
Expfighter wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019 2:25 PM
Wow is all I can say here WOW! And I thought UTHGARD took a tough stance on changes, but you have committed server suicide here!

1. You change the xp system to make it a horrible Nightmare, and then take a hardline "There will be no voted, stfu players" (my words not yours, but that's how it comes off to us) and refuse to understand the basic concept of impact.

2. THEN you fu*& with HoH and DS and utterly destroy the high end PvE players, then again this morning you make even more sh*&tastic changes to HoH and DS and restrict the number of repeat classes to 2? I guarantee you that not 1 DS or HoH run will be made EVER again with these changes.

Maybe try looking at what exactly was changed, then, difficult concept I know but just maybe try to fathom what the impacts are. If you have trouble thinking that far maybe ask some friends, maybe one of them is smart enough to figure out what it means when the xp item way of leveling has been nerfed / made more expensive while grouping has been buffed (twice even).

And good thing that there have already been a couple DS runs since the update. Again an immensely difficult concept to grasp that we don't want cheese farm setups in there and so utterly unexpected especially since the instance pet spam nerf where it was even said that future nerfs will come if other setups turn out to be able to ignore mechanics.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 6:48 PM by chryso
Expfighter wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019 2:25 PM

lol such drama.
Mon 2 Dec 2019 2:27 PM by Expfighter
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019 5:01 PM
Maybe try looking at what exactly was changed, then, difficult concept I know but just maybe try to fathom what the impacts are. If you have trouble thinking that far maybe ask some friends, maybe one of them is smart enough to figure out what it means when the xp item way of leveling has been nerfed / made more expensive while grouping has been buffed (twice even).

Exactly, SCREW the person who is solo and knows how to lvl to help the ones that always need help or who are being power leveled!

Sounds like a great plan /smh
Mon 2 Dec 2019 2:54 PM by Sepplord
to be fair, last weekend we wanted to get a friend finally to lvl50 and instead of looking only for bombs, we were actively looking for hero's/Valewalker's/Warden's/etc... as an alternative. Basically anyone but stealthers would have been a good addition to the group
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics