Keep Task System - Ingame Player Vote

Started 1 Nov 2019
by Uthred
in Open Community Votes
With the implementation of the new keep task system, we would like to know what you guys think about it. Did you like the old keep task system more or do you prefer the new one?

The former keep task system was starting automatically and picked a keep „randomly“. The new one starts only after a tower or a keep is attacked and if there is no other keep task currently active.

Therefor we will start another ingame voting where you can choose which keep task system you want to keep on Phoenix. You need to log in to the game and you need to have a level 50 toon on your account which is at least realm rank 3. You only have one vote per account. Type ingame /vote and you will see the different options to choose from.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 10:57 PM by Hypno
Old one please, keep people moving or things get stale
Fri 1 Nov 2019 11:06 PM by chewchew
Didnt get the chance to test the new system yet, just want to note here to leave the vote open for some time, so other people and me can check it out ingame, and maybe see how things settle down after some time. Often after new changes things seem totally onesided at first at need some time.

But a small comment already: if there is less chances for lowrr people to get the same amount of task rps than before its a dangerous thing.
RR gap plays a huge role on this serversetting (nnfra, no rr5 abilities, some very strong setups w/o many flaws, etc.) so it would hurt when new players dont have a chance to catch up.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 11:43 PM by jg9109
I posted this in the discussion on the RVR page about keep task system. I will just leave it here as well.

I have been playing the server now for around a month and a half. I have never posted about anything but I have to add my 2cents to this change. There has been no task and no action the last 3 nights in a row when I log in. The population falls off as soon as the task disappear. Please change it back so the task will generate it self if nothing is happening. You can nerf the amount of rps it gives or what ever you are trying to fix but at least make it so it is Automatic and not set up to trigger only if something is happening.

I would suggest to set up the task to revert to the towers in EV if nothing else triggers them to go elsewhere. That would push the action to a smaller zone later at night. and get people away from camping bridges and docks.
Sat 2 Nov 2019 1:07 AM by parksaem
old one plz
Sat 2 Nov 2019 7:37 AM by majky666
old one,plz
Sat 2 Nov 2019 6:49 PM by malcavianofdoom
I vote old system as well new system doesn't give incentive to take towers to keeps Old system kept that part of the game alive if not well end up with nothing but zergs running through EV like on live just my humblest of opinions
Gwarp Speed
Sat 2 Nov 2019 9:57 PM by Azuell
malcavianofdoom wrote:
Sat 2 Nov 2019 6:49 PM
I vote old system as well new system doesn't give incentive to take towers to keeps Old system kept that part of the game alive if not well end up with nothing but zergs running through EV like on live just my humblest of opinions
Gwarp Speed

Did your '.' key break?
Sun 3 Nov 2019 6:16 AM by gruenesschaf
Vote is done already due to an overwhelming majority being for one option. Keep tasks now start automatically again.

I prefer the old system (automatic keep task start): 645
I prefer the new system (player driven keep task start): 130
Sun 3 Nov 2019 9:06 AM by Lipsi
How about both systems at the same time ? 1 automatic keep task, and 1 player driven ?

Power to the players
Sun 3 Nov 2019 12:09 PM by Chaskha
Oh my ... first time a vote is not how I want, how will I resist to post a prophecy of doom for the server? Uhhh arrghhh so so haaard (Lipsi's idea is kinda great though)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics