I see so many albs using loop macro

Started 22 Oct 2019
by Freedomcall
in RvR
Especially pallys and minsts...
Not guessing as a hib or mid, but can confirm as an alb.
Its funny to see a player going afk but his chants still twisted lol

Haven't seen this rampant macro looping on mid or hib
Tue 22 Oct 2019 11:58 AM by Gorgoroth
Freedomcall wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 11:23 AM

Since this is agains the rules, why not appeal it?
Tue 22 Oct 2019 12:59 PM by Freedomcall
Gorgoroth wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 11:58 AM
Freedomcall wrote:

Since this is agains the rules, why not appeal it?

Well idk.
I found appealing my grpmate myself somewhat disturbing.
Don't get me wrong. These are not my friends nor guildmates.
Just random ppl that grped.

But then, I found watching ppl looping also disturbing.
So I just decided to post on forum.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:06 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Freedomcall wrote:

Tell me a Mid or Hib class that needs to do it to maximize their expected potential.

If a Bard gets caught twisting, they can't use any CC but their instant spells, which is a bad thing.

Many Skald chants don't overlap, they simply replace what was running previously.

You 100% must run a pet and speed on a Minstrel, there are no exceptions. Paladins are expected to run, at a minimum, four chants at all times.

I'm not saying that breaking the rules is okay, just that your lack of observing these behaviors on the other realms has everything to do with the classes on the other realms, and not the players.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:18 PM by MrWolf
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:06 PM
Freedomcall wrote:

Tell me a Mid or Hib class that needs to do it to maximize their expected potential.

You 100% must run a pet and speed on a Minstrel, there are no exceptions. Paladins are expected to run, at a minimum, four chants at all times.

LOL
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:43 PM by ExcretusMaximus
MrWolf wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:18 PM
LOL

Care to elaborate?
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:59 PM by Freedomcall
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:06 PM
Freedomcall wrote:

If a Bard gets caught twisting, they can't use any CC but their instant spells, which is a bad thing.

Many Skald chants don't overlap, they simply replace what was running previously.

I'm not saying that breaking the rules is okay, just that your lack of observing these behaviors on the other realms has everything to do with the classes on the other realms, and not the players.

have you ever played skald? at least on this server.
I doubt it, cuz you don't even know how it works.
It works just as same as paladin chants, and skalds also can maximize 'their potential'.

What an excuse for albs. Funny.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 2:00 PM by Razur Ur
All Cheater :-D!!!!!
Tue 22 Oct 2019 2:14 PM by MrWolf
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:43 PM
MrWolf wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:18 PM
LOL

Care to elaborate?

you got your answer just from another person
Tue 22 Oct 2019 3:35 PM by Sepplord
afaik it's not really beneficial for skalds: skald songs overlap....but you can't loop them to be always active, since some songs only have a 5second duration, while speeds recasttimer is 8seconds
so if you want to run speed permanently you can't have a macro press all chants every 5seconds to keep them up

but on topic: Appeal everyone who is cheating...why would you not appeal someone just because you are grouped with them?

No appeals, no change
Tue 22 Oct 2019 4:51 PM by keen
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 3:35 PM
afaik it's not really beneficial for skalds: skald songs overlap....but you can't loop them to be always active, since some songs only have a 5second duration, while speeds recasttimer is 8seconds
so if you want to run speed permanently you can't have a macro press all chants every 5seconds to keep them up

but on topic: Appeal everyone who is cheating...why would you not appeal someone just because you are grouped with them?

No appeals, no change
run 2macros #200iq
Tue 22 Oct 2019 4:53 PM by ExcretusMaximus
keen wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 4:51 PM
run 2macros #200iq

Try it. It doesn't work.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 6:22 PM by Freedomcall
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 3:35 PM

No appeals, no change

Skald twisting can be less effective compared to paladin, but it may be because of the chant type, not because skald songs has shorter duration.
Most of the pally and skald chant has same 8sec rut and pally isn't able to make every chant active either while twisting.

Pally
endu : no rut/5sec dur
af : 8sec rut/6sec dur
dmg add : 8sec rut/6sec dur
heal : 8sec rut/6sec dur
resists : 8sec rut/5sec dur

Skald
speed : 8sec rut/5sec dur
dmg add : 8sec rut/5sec dur
regen : 8sec rut/5sec dur
resists : no rut/5sec dur

So basically, if pally puts endu on the last sequence and twists every 8 sec, he also has to give up 2sec of dmg add, 2sec of af, 1 tick from heal chant and 3sec of resists.
Considering that, you'll realize that auto-looping skald chants can be also quite effective.
But b/c auto-looping is not allowed on phoenix, you don't do that.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 6:29 PM by Freedomcall
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 4:53 PM
keen wrote:
run 2macros #200iq

Try it. It doesn't work.

Why it doesnt work?
You just need to make same macros with different sequence.
key1: speed on the last sequence
key2: dmg add on the last sequence

edit : hmm after reading Keen's post again, I think he meant auto-looping 2 macros.
Yeah that wouldn't work cuz of reuse timer.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 7:50 PM by Roto23
are there really that many pallies in the game that this is an issue?
Wed 23 Oct 2019 6:28 AM by Sepplord
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 7:50 PM
are there really that many pallies in the game that this is an issue?

every cheater is an issue, even if it is just one

precedence and server image
Wed 23 Oct 2019 9:04 AM by Lerox
I have seen loop macros on every realm and to be honest I can fully understand why they do so. Like twisting songs/chants/charm is annoying in the beginning until it becomes muscle memory. In RvR you have to worry about it anyway because your loop macro won't be reliable due to possible mezz/stun or if you think about bard/minst the time you can't cast because of playing a song (ofc you can interrupt it instantly if you switch weapon).
So in anyway you have to keep track of it even if it is in another way than doing it manually.
It makes it a little bit easier for sure but not really that it matters. (My opinion)

Of course if you see it report it because it is against the rules but people will always do illegal things to make their playing easier/less annoying.

PS: Another negative thing about a loop macro is that you can't tab out of your game. So show love for twisting people because they might be more active than your other group members (besides those who do something else in RL instead ).
Wed 23 Oct 2019 10:47 AM by Lillebror
Lerox wrote:
Wed 23 Oct 2019 9:04 AM
PS: Another negative thing about a loop macro is that you can't tab out of your game. So show love for twisting people because they might be more active than your other group members (besides those who do something else in RL instead ).

Wouldnt it work if you skip the only active while daoc. Ofc that screw you over while reading forum on second screen and what not
Wed 23 Oct 2019 4:51 PM by chewchew
keen wrote:
rNun 2macrNos #200iq
FTFY
Fri 10 Jan 2020 9:52 AM by pegasus30
Maybe dev can Just enable all chants to be use all at once like the one they have in Live. You can always adjust the value of chant buffs accordingly.

Therefore there will be no one getting punished for running macro. I dont see the point of bashing all of the buttons manually in every fight to recycle chants. Just too distracting.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 2:34 PM by chryso
pegasus30 wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 9:52 AM
Therefore there will be no one getting punished for running macro.

I see people getting punished for this all the time. Have you seen the ban forum?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics