Eldritch about to hit 50, looking at final spec

Started 22 Oct 2019
by colechar
in PvE
Hello, all. Just getting back into DAoC and I made an eldritch as my first character so I could easily solo (void) or group (mana). I’m now level 48 and eyeing the next step in my journey which is final spec. I had intended to switch to mana (PVE focused) to be most attractive to groups but what I have seen is that a vast majority of DS groups want a few animists and a void specced eldritch.

I’m ignorant here .... why void spec? It can’t be for the bolts so I’m guessing it is for the body/spirit/energy debuff. However. Since most animists are running verdant spec, that PBAE damage is matter, so I still don’t get it. Can someone with more knowledge help me understand? Are animists clearing DS running arboreal spec?

Very much appreciated.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:25 PM by gotwqqd
colechar wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:20 PM
Hello, all. Just getting back into DAoC and I made an eldritch as my first character so I could easily solo (void) or group (mana). I’m now level 48 and eyeing the next step in my journey which is final spec. I had intended to switch to mana (PVE focused) to be most attractive to groups but what I have seen is that a vast majority of DS groups want a few animists and a void specced eldritch.

I’m ignorant here .... why void spec? It can’t be for the bolts so I’m guessing it is for the body/spirit/energy debuff. However. Since most animists are running verdant spec, that PBAE damage is matter, so I still don’t get it. Can someone with more knowledge help me understand? Are animists clearing DS running arboreal spec?

Very much appreciated.
DS “requires” arb spec animist
So body damage
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:48 PM by chryso
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 1:25 PM
DS “requires” arb spec animist
So body damage

So how can mid or alb do DS?
Tue 22 Oct 2019 2:56 PM by BashPi
You can do it however you want. it is just the easiest and fastest way with debuff nukes. in mid you have celerity, i hope they do it with some melee fun

alb and mid have their own debuff setups btw..
Tue 22 Oct 2019 4:06 PM by Keelia
Just a FYI RvR group spec for eld isn’t mana it’s light.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 4:12 PM by colechar
Keelia wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 4:06 PM
Just a FYI RvR group spec for eld isn’t mana it’s light.

Yes, I was going to generally ignore RvR on this character.

So mana is better for pretty much every PvE situation except DS? Bummer.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 6:58 PM by iamsaitam
From what I've heard HoH needs pbaoe, so mana would be useful for that.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to PvE or the latest topics