PSA: how to restore old style icons

Started 27 Apr 2019
by Tinnis
in Tavern
Sat 27 Apr 2019 1:24 PM by Nitz0r
Thank you
Sat 27 Apr 2019 1:39 PM by Hejjin
Nice, it might be worth making this thread sticky for a few days.

Edit : To prevent the icons being overwritten in a future update to the client the files will need to be extracted to the /ui/custom folder, if it does not exit create it. The at the char select screen select option and change to custom skin.

I had backed up my original copy of DAoC and copied the icons from /icons folder so I am back to the icons I was on prior to the update.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:35 PM by darkfoer
I've copied it but they still not old style icons...why plz
darkfoer
Sat 27 Apr 2019 3:17 PM by Legowyn
Are you sure to copied at the good location ?

/Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\icons
Sat 27 Apr 2019 3:20 PM by Auranyte
Yeah make sure it didn't unzip itself into an icons folder within the correct icons folder.

Correct: Dark Age of Camelot\icons
Incorrect: Dark Age of Camelot\icons\icons
Mon 29 Apr 2019 4:09 PM by PingGuy
Thanks for this, those new icons hurt my head.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 4:20 PM by pax
Are the timers still aviable if you use old icons?

Another little thing, what does icons weight and lenght do in the options? i think lenghs is the lenght you want to stack the icons when active?

EDIT: I tryied to donwload the files but i cant open them with winrar, why?
Tue 30 Apr 2019 7:15 AM by Sepplord
bufftimers/CDs work on old icons
Tue 30 Apr 2019 8:17 AM by Uthred
Tue 30 Apr 2019 4:31 PM by PingGuy
The timer won't show up until the time remaining on the buff is 19:59 or less.
Wed 22 May 2019 9:32 PM by Siouxsie
The archer critshot icon is a 2h Axe, rapid fire looks like an axe. Any way to get the red crossfire and the red arrows icons back?
Sun 22 Sep 2019 6:59 AM by SavageTapir
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 9:32 PM
The archer critshot icon is a 2h Axe, rapid fire looks like an axe. Any way to get the red crossfire and the red arrows icons back?

Same here, anyone already solved it or do I have to replace the icons in the bitmap files with MSPaint myself?
Mon 21 Oct 2019 4:27 PM by daytonchambers
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 9:32 PM

This was bugging me as well, so I did a couple tests and found the icons for those abilities on the wpn_1000 icon sheet, specifically Crit Rapidfire Longshot and Volley. There is no "old style icons" file for this anywhere I've looked, so I made my own by copying that icon sheet from the Atlantis UI folder and modifying it in photoshop

On that sheet, Crit and Rapidfire are icons 8 and 9 second row from the bottom, while Longshot and Volley are icons 7 and 8 on the 5th row from the top.

I personally opted to replace the current icons with a few from the revamped archer icons that i liked, but you should be able to copy/paste any icon image you like into those slots

I would post an image but for some reason the site wont let me attach anything
Tue 22 Oct 2019 6:15 AM by Topenga
I think I posted some of the old icon sets in the UI thread but I can do it again if the need arises...
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics