Easy fix to fix the gap between caster vs melee groups

Started 18 Oct 2019
by Pigleto
in Suggestions
So you guys didn't put red spec AF in the game. So instead of trying to close the gap between melee vs caster groups with adding more HPs, why not just remove the top tier resist debuff? 30% resist debuff is still plenty enough damage.
Fri 18 Oct 2019 5:23 PM by Keelia
Or melee groups could just get better. 80% duration reduction on CC, now you want a damage mitigation? Seriously, instead of mongoing 5 melee in and leaving no peeler, why don’t you try playing better. Because you can’t beat something doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed. And there’s a HUGE diff between 30% and 50%.
Fri 18 Oct 2019 5:27 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Keelia wrote:
Fri 18 Oct 2019 5:23 PM
Or melee groups could just get better.

I'm sure the reason every successful 8-man guild on the server has run predominately caster debuff trains for the majority of their time here has nothing to do with it being easier than tanks.
Fri 18 Oct 2019 6:01 PM by chryso
This is a reasonable idea. You need to get that out of here.
Fri 18 Oct 2019 6:39 PM by Keelia
chryso wrote:
Fri 18 Oct 2019 6:01 PM

This is far from reasonable, this is asking to nerf an entire group setup because he lost to it.
Sat 19 Oct 2019 12:12 AM by SalidorMacCulloch
So and So #1 resist debuffed you.
So and So # 2 str/con Debuffed you.
So and So # 3 hit you for 450 with a crit of 200.
So and So #1 hit you for 399
So and So # 2 hit you for 422 with a crit of 150.
So and So # 3 hit you for 455.
all within 3 secs. = dead.

I love caster groups. Makes my job as a pealer so easy.

Rant off.

during all the years ive play DAoC. once you get a group of friends that play together all the time, and they know how to kite well. Caster set up will own Tank set up just about every time. back in the day, Main resists debuffs where 15 secs ^^ now there only 8 secs.

What i wana see is Charge back in the game. that helped light tanks get in.
I wana See Heavy tanks get the Tank love they got, during the 1.81 update. giving them needed toys to be good in a group. all Heavy tanks Hero/armsmen/Warrior would love.

get those in the game first before doing a nerf on debuffs imo.
Sat 19 Oct 2019 3:49 PM by elninost0rm
We run alb hybrid, leaning alb caster, which is far and away one of the easiest setups to run here on Phoenix, and I still think that casters are rough to deal with here. No charge, poorly balanced heavies with no MoW, cloak charge, higher HP pool, less ranged interrupts from Bards, Minstrels, etc., less classes with root, and the list goes on. No warps, granted, but caster groups with rank are far and away the most difficult setup with which to contend on this server. Denying that is denying objectivity.
Mon 21 Oct 2019 1:14 PM by chryso
Keelia wrote:
Fri 18 Oct 2019 6:39 PM
chryso wrote:
Fri 18 Oct 2019 6:01 PM

This is far from reasonable, this is asking to nerf an entire group setup because he lost to it.

Of course you don't think it is reasonable. You are the one that is overpowered.
Mon 21 Oct 2019 1:44 PM by kiectred
Keelia wrote:
Or melee groups could just get better. 80% duration reduction on CC, now you want a damage mitigation? Seriously, instead of mongoing 5 melee in and leaving no peeler, why don’t you try playing better. Because you can’t beat something doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed. And there’s a HUGE diff between 30% and 50%.

Not that it's the main point you're making but I think even before this was posted CC duration reduction was changed to be multiplicative instead of additive. It's no longer 80% for det9+stoicism.
Mon 21 Oct 2019 2:05 PM by Freedomcall
kiectred wrote:
Mon 21 Oct 2019 1:44 PM
Keelia wrote:

Not that it's the main point you're making but I think even before this was posted CC duration reduction was changed to be multiplicative instead of additive. It's no longer 80% for det9+stoicism.

det and stoicism are both ability bonuses.
If i understood correctly, nothing has changed on calculation for det9+stoicism.

before: duration * (1 - primary resist) * (1 - (reduction buffs + ability bonuses))
after: duration * (1 - primary resist) * (1 - reduction buffs) * (1 - ability bonuses)
Tue 22 Oct 2019 6:52 AM by Sepplord
i havent tested it, but when the patch was announced i also assumed it would not change det+stoism...

the only thing i could think of was the sorc-mezz-buff
Tue 22 Oct 2019 11:30 AM by kiectred
Freedomcall wrote:
Mon 21 Oct 2019 2:05 PM
kiectred wrote:
Keelia wrote:

If i understood correctly, nothing has changed on calculation for det9+stoicism.

before: duration * (1 - primary resist) * (1 - (reduction buffs + ability bonuses))
after: duration * (1 - primary resist) * (1 - reduction buffs) * (1 - ability bonuses)

Good point. Thought I was clarifying things but I hadn't checked the calculations before posting. Seems it barely changes anything at all.

Just pretend I was never here
Tue 22 Oct 2019 10:27 PM by MrWolf
lower the debuff effectivness and/or GREATLY enhance melee damage.

it's a stupid thing that a mage can debuff me from afar and nuke and i have to crush him with 4-5-6-7 hammer hits to do some serious damage (to a player wearing cloth)...

ok, mages have the power to nuke from distance with IMMENSE damage, ok. that's ok. they can also mezz/root/debuff/anything. that's ok.
You don't want to give charge? then make that if i close distance with the caster, then i should be LETHAL to them (because if they let me get in melee range, they played wrong). they should be SCARED by a melee getting close.
Tue 22 Oct 2019 10:38 PM by Keelia
MrWolf wrote:
Tue 22 Oct 2019 10:27 PM
lower the debuff effectivness and/or GREATLY enhance melee damage.

it's a stupid thing that a mage can debuff me from afar and nuke and i have to crush him with 4-5-6-7 hammer hits to do some serious damage (to a player wearing cloth)...

ok, mages have the power to nuke from distance with IMMENSE damage, ok. that's ok. they can also mezz/root/debuff/anything. that's ok.
You don't want to give charge? then make that if i close distance with the caster, then i should be LETHAL to them (because if they let me get in melee range, they played wrong). they should be SCARED by a melee getting close.

You are lethal when you get in melee range. If he’s getting healed that’s an issue you need to take up with tour group, not a balance issue. Most melee classes are already pretty much CC immune with stoicism and det 9. Why are you letting them free cast on you, don’t you have a charge item to interrupt? Shit i have one on all my casters for that exact reason.
Wed 23 Oct 2019 9:31 AM by iamsaitam
Freedomcall wrote:
Mon 21 Oct 2019 2:05 PM
kiectred wrote:
Keelia wrote:

The change did result in an increase of the CC duration, meaning that reduction buffs and ability bonuses have been slightly nerfed.
Wed 23 Oct 2019 1:38 PM by Razur Ur
plz remove all none caster class is same how removed det and stoicism! this discuss is a joke!
Wed 23 Oct 2019 2:29 PM by Sepplord
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 23 Oct 2019 1:38 PM
plz remove all none caster class is same how removed det and stoicism! this discuss is a joke!

huh?
Wed 23 Oct 2019 2:33 PM by Razur Ur
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 23 Oct 2019 2:29 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

huh?

War darauf bezogen, was sich hier so manche wünschen wie entfernen von stoicism und det teurer machen.
Wed 23 Oct 2019 2:42 PM by Sepplord
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 23 Oct 2019 2:33 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 23 Oct 2019 2:29 PM
Razur Ur wrote:

huh?

War darauf bezogen, was sich hier so manche wünschen wie entfernen von stoicism und det teurer machen.
achso, ja...jetzt versteh ich was du meintest
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics