Re: Easy fix to fix the gap between caster vs melee groups

So and So #1 resist debuffed you.
So and So # 2 str/con Debuffed you.
So and So # 3 hit you for 450 with a crit of 200.
So and So #1 hit you for 399
So and So # 2 hit you for 422 with a crit of 150.
So and So # 3 hit you for 455.
all within 3 secs. = dead.

I love caster groups. Makes my job as a pealer so easy.

Rant off.

during all the years ive play DAoC. once you get a group of friends that play together all the time, and they know how to kite well. Caster set up will own Tank set up just about every time. back in the day, Main resists debuffs where 15 secs ^^ now there only 8 secs.

What i wana see is Charge back in the game. that helped light tanks get in.
I wana See Heavy tanks get the Tank love they got, during the 1.81 update. giving them needed toys to be good in a group. all Heavy tanks Hero/armsmen/Warrior would love.

get those in the game first before doing a nerf on debuffs imo.

We run alb hybrid, leaning alb caster, which is far and away one of the easiest setups to run here on Phoenix, and I still think that casters are rough to deal with here. No charge, poorly balanced heavies with no MoW, cloak charge, higher HP pool, less ranged interrupts from Bards, Minstrels, etc., less classes with root, and the list goes on. No warps, granted, but caster groups with rank are far and away the most difficult setup with which to contend on this server. Denying that is denying objectivity.

Keelia wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:23 pm
Or melee groups could just get better. 80% duration reduction on CC, now you want a damage mitigation? Seriously, instead of mongoing 5 melee in and leaving no peeler, why don’t you try playing better. Because you can’t beat something doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed. And there’s a HUGE diff between 30% and 50%.
Not that it's the main point you're making but I think even before this was posted CC duration reduction was changed to be multiplicative instead of additive. It's no longer 80% for det9+stoicism.

kiectred wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:44 pm
Keelia wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:23 pm
Or melee groups could just get better. 80% duration reduction on CC, now you want a damage mitigation? Seriously, instead of mongoing 5 melee in and leaving no peeler, why don’t you try playing better. Because you can’t beat something doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed. And there’s a HUGE diff between 30% and 50%.
Not that it's the main point you're making but I think even before this was posted CC duration reduction was changed to be multiplicative instead of additive. It's no longer 80% for det9+stoicism.
det and stoicism are both ability bonuses.
If i understood correctly, nothing has changed on calculation for det9+stoicism.

before: duration * (1 - primary resist) * (1 - (reduction buffs + ability bonuses))
after: duration * (1 - primary resist) * (1 - reduction buffs) * (1 - ability bonuses)