Started 17 Oct 2019
by xisted
in Hibernia
Whats best for money farm menta or animist? can u type race and spec too plz

forgot to mention for solo farm only
Thu 17 Oct 2019 6:49 PM by gotwqqd
Both work but Menta is lot more work and risk
Fri 18 Oct 2019 7:56 AM by Gorgoroth
Im new to Hib, so obviously also interested.
I think Ani is by far the best farm class in hib, as most flexible in this area. That said however im not sure how great he is as a solo farmer compared to farm classes of other realms. I found - so far at least - Shaman and Necro to make more money compared to Ani, but i think im just doing it wrong, hence also looking for some input.
Fri 18 Oct 2019 8:00 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Find a camp of OJ humanoids and set up your controlled pet within pulling range, then put a field of Hearts 700 units behind the controlled pet, then use the controlled pet to pull (either by setting it on aggro, or by doing it manually).

This allows you to control when you want to med, instead of being at the mercy of your aggressive Hearts pulling non-stop.

Once you have a few levels in MCL and some Tinders, you can pull non-stop for hours.
Fri 18 Oct 2019 5:06 PM by Keelia
You dont even need MCL to pull endlessly. I run serenity 3 and power pot here and there and I can keep a strong stack auto pulling the branishers under the mushroom thing. There’s a lull here and there but for the most part it’s non stop. Mana isn’t my issue it’s salvaging my gear before my bags build up since you can’t salvage in combat.
Mon 21 Oct 2019 1:09 AM by vilcleft
Personally, I find mana ment pulling in hib to be very tedious, the camps just dont seem to exist to make it less than painful. Im sure there are some that some hardcore aoe dotters know and use, but for me it is always ani for farming.

My preference is 45 creep 28 verd. Everyone ends up finding their own rhythm on animists and I know some like 39/37, but Ive tried that and went back to 45/28. I tend to only have serenity 2 and no MCL since I dont feel I need any more with the way I do things. I will run pow regen pots if I am actively farming with someone else or levelling them etc, but normally not, same with fires.

I also got into a routine of farming greencons for pure cash, in short bursts of about 20 mins and found I could comfortably manage a plat from 15 mins farming and 5 mins trinketting the tier 8 mats (diamond bars etc). This is mostly done by putting a few shrooms down to help put extraneous aggro onto main pet, then bodypulling 20+ greens to main pet and pbaoeing through it with my 28 verd, hopefully doing 200-250 greencons in my 15 mins

If I am farming for "stuff" which comes with cash drops as well, then often I will be at a camp of mixed orange/yellows, and depending on what I am looking at trying to farm, depends on the spot. I lost interest in the Azures in SH when it got crowded as the fotm spot, but there are plenty of other good farming spots for an animist in the mainlands/Si, some of which also drop xp items which can add to your income if you sell them (Geas Bound Protectors, melancholic fairies, unearthed cave bears, sylvanshades, mud frogs, grazers, dullahans etc). I am more of a burst and recover type puller than those who can just chain pull for hours non stop, they are probably 10-20% more efficient than me admittedly, and I can do it that way, but I am more of a set up my main pet, bang down 15 (normally level 43) turrets and chain pull to the turrets one or two mobs at a time, healing main pet as needed, watch for the turrets to be dying, stop, salvage, regen pow etc, set up and go again. Usually average about 12-15 oranges/yellows per set up so maybe 60 in 15 mins.

Can also farm reds when helping people to level usually at about 6 per set up, up to 10+ if someone is helping heal the main pet. Can even solo farm fins if the sheer tedium of it doesnt put me off and the possibility of higher utility jewellry overcomes the tedium.

Once you have all the credits for the main encounters (galla, dragon, legion) you can always respec to full arb and find DS groups ofc, with 4 anis needed in the current meta set up and farm feathers and sell them

For me and my preferences, farming 15-30 mins each day for a couple of plat means I dont feel like I am having to hardcore farm. And if I want a 2 hour farm session I probably pull in 8-10 plat at one of the yellow/orange camps in CF (leps, grannies, spectral manslayers, goborchends, fomorians)

The more serious farmers can probably do 6p per hour on their animists, I will settle for my 4-5p in the knowledge that I couldnt get close to this on any other class on hib with the current rules whilst solo

Wyst
Sun 3 Nov 2019 5:46 PM by Tylaric
Nice write up Wyst...

Where will I find that large grouping of Greens to farm ?
Sun 2 Aug 2020 5:05 PM by CowwoC
Is anyone willing to share(even as pm) some spots where you actually can make some good coin these days as solo animist?

If people ask in the advice channel most of the time others just reply that they know a really insane good spot where they make 3-8 platin per hour easily but actually never share those spots. And i get it - if everyone would know those spots they would be camped as well, but just bragging about those spots is not helpful at all for people who are casuals with limited time and just try to make some coin by their own without being forced to join a fins group or ds run - because you can pause at will and manage your time how it suits you the best and nobody is mad because you have to go afk for what ever reason.

Sometimes there is a friendly person who shares a seemlingly good spot like the fairy hill spot close to innis or some of the xp item spots like the bears in cf for the bear pelts. And they can be good if not camped, but they are still far away from those huge numbers people claim to make - or i do them wrong. The only spot i know which still has great salvage loot are fins with their firebrands, but since you can't solo them it is just not viable for solo animists.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:32 PM by Calconious
Spectral manslayers. Either in cursed forest "granny fort" or in the hib frontier near Behn. Drop good coin, salvage loot, ( there is a spear that salvages for 15 bars that drops often) and an exp item.

If you get bored...there are Fins right near you that you can kill as well.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:33 PM by CowwoC
Calconious wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:32 PM
Spectral manslayers. Either in cursed forest "granny fort" or in the hib frontier near Behn. Drop good coin, salvage loot, ( there is a spear that salvages for 15 bars that drops often) and an exp item.

Hey mate, thanks for your reply - i really appreciate. At the spot in cf they are all gathered around and between grannys - it's kinda hard to pull only them, plus the hill makes my shrooms borked from time to time. The spot at Behn is big, but well - you get rolled over almost every time, since it's close to the drop off zone.

Still, thank you very much!
Tue 4 Aug 2020 6:16 PM by Calconious
CowwoC wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:33 PM
Calconious wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:32 PM

Hey mate, thanks for your reply - i really appreciate. At the spot in cf they are all gathered around and between grannys - it's kinda hard to pull only them, plus the hill makes my shrooms borked from time to time. The spot at Behn is big, but well - you get rolled over almost every time, since it's close to the drop off zone.

Still, thank you very much!

Ya I normally just pull the Granny's too. There is a decent spot that has mostly all manslayers (maybe 6-7 spread out), but some Granny's always come. I tend to set my shrooms up a bit down the hill and pull with con debuff to them. I pull a fin or 2 from behind if I manage to clear all the manslayers around me.

I don't really use the spot by Behn...you def get ganked a lot....I just knew there were more there.

GL!
Tue 4 Aug 2020 7:53 PM by imweasel
Cursed forest. Sheeroe hills. Bog of Cullen. You can find any place to farm good money. I usually farm a couple of times a week for 2-3 hours at a time and have plenty of money to get by. Money or XP are not a problem on Phoenix.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 9:05 PM by CowwoC
imweasel wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 7:53 PM
Cursed forest. Sheeroe hills. Bog of Cullen. You can find any place to farm good money. I usually farm a couple of times a week for 2-3 hours at a time and have plenty of money to get by. Money or XP are not a problem on Phoenix.

That's what i meant. People claim there are plenty spots and then they are never specific about them. I'm aware that you can make money in hibernia zones really. The question is where are those spots exactly and where do people make those crazy numbers?
Wed 5 Aug 2020 4:26 AM by gotwqqd
imweasel wrote:
Enter sheeroe
Hug right side and go right when you can
The magical knights
There are good farming
Wed 5 Aug 2020 5:48 AM by imweasel
CowwoC wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 9:05 PM
imweasel wrote:

That's what i meant. People claim there are plenty spots and then they are never specific about them. I'm aware that you can make money in hibernia zones really. The question is where are those spots exactly and where do people make those crazy numbers?

I just gave you 3 zones. Other than taking you by the hand and walking you there, what else do you need?
Wed 5 Aug 2020 10:38 PM by CowwoC
imweasel wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 5:48 AM
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:

I just gave you 3 zones. Other than taking you by the hand and walking you there, what else do you need?

If someone ask you where the fire department is, do you just tell them "In the city."? Anyway, thank you for the zones, but it would be helpful to know which mobs you mean, and maybe a more specific location if you are willing to share it.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 6:13 PM by imweasel
CowwoC wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 10:38 PM
imweasel wrote:
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:

If someone ask you where the fire department is, do you just tell them "In the city."? Anyway, thank you for the zones, but it would be helpful to know which mobs you mean, and maybe a more specific location if you are willing to share it.

There are bears in cursed forest. There are a couple of camping spots in sheeroe hills.

I would concentrate on mobs that con no higher than orange and drop rogs that can be salvaged. Salvage really helps on getting those numbers up.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 11:40 PM by CowwoC
imweasel wrote:
Thu 6 Aug 2020 6:13 PM
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:

There are bears in cursed forest. There are a couple of camping spots in sheeroe hills.

I would concentrate on mobs that con no higher than orange and drop rogs that can be salvaged. Salvage really helps on getting those numbers up.

At this point you are just trolling.
All mobs drop salvage rogs but most spots were nerfed and the max you can get out of stuff is 3 pieces - except some spots like fins with their firebrands, the here mentioned manslayers and spots people claim to know but don't share. Bears were mentioned already as well in this thread but since there is a limit of xp items you can get per hour, there is no way you can make those huge numbers of plats on bears. If iam wrong please make a video how you make 3-8p on them.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 3:49 AM by imweasel
CowwoC wrote:
Thu 6 Aug 2020 11:40 PM
imweasel wrote:
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:

All mobs drop salvage rogs but most spots were nerfed and the max you can get out of stuff is 3 pieces - except some spots like fins with their firebrands, the here mentioned manslayers and spots people claim to know but don't share. Bears were mentioned already as well in this thread but since there is a limit of xp items you can get per hour, there is no way you can make those huge numbers of plats on bears. If iam wrong please make a video how you make 3-8p on them.

I'm trolling? The time you've spent crying about "no one will take poor little me by the hand and show me where to go" would have been better used to walk thru those three zones already and find the spots you want to farm already YOURSELF!?!??

There are mobs that due drop items that salvage for more than 3 bars and you can salvage rogs for dust that sells for around 3 gold per dust, give or take. I never claimed to farm 3-8 plat per hour. I'm probably getting 2-3 plat per hour or so farming with my solo Ani. This occurs a couple of times a week for a couple of hours per session which accumulates to at least 8-10 plat in farming income per week. And this result is accomplished without super hardcore farming.

So I first suggest getting out of your mom's basement and getting some sun and fresh air.

Then get off your lazy butt and play the game and figure the easy stuff yourself.

Money and xp is not difficult in the slightest on Phoenix.

It's only difficult for people that just decide to make it hard.

P.S. Also showing is either your lack of knowledge or additional laziness on your part but you get 30 bear pelts per hour or one every 2 minutes. The going rate for those is a minimum of 3 gold per pelt generating 900+ gold per hour for just those items. Add in salvage and just the gold you get per kill will generate additional income. Understand to get those high return numbers you have to be approaching your farming time seriously to get those solid numbers, which it appears to me you don't have the motivation to put the necessary work to achieve that. Getting 2-3 plat per hour is a breeze. Getting those higher numbers requires effort.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 4:15 AM by gotwqqd
imweasel wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 3:49 AM
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:

I'm trolling? The time you've spent crying about "no one will take poor little me by the hand and show me where to go" would have been better used to walk thru those three zones already and find the spots you want to farm already YOURSELF!?!??

There are mobs that due drop items that salvage for more than 3 bars and you can salvage rogs for dust that sells for around 3 gold per dust, give or take. I never claimed to farm 3-8 plat per hour. I'm probably getting 2-3 plat per hour or so farming with my solo Ani. This occurs a couple of times a week for a couple of hours per session which accumulates to at least 8-10 plat in farming income per week. And this result is accomplished without super hardcore farming.

So I first suggest getting out of your mom's basement and getting some sun and fresh air.

Then get off your lazy butt and play the game and figure the easy stuff yourself.

P.S. Also showing is either your lack of knowledge or additional laziness on your part but you get 30 bear pelts per hour or one every 2 minutes. The going rate for those is a minimum of 3 gold per pelt generating 900+ gold per hour for just those items. Add in salvage and just the gold you get per kill will generate additional income. Understand to get those high return numbers you have to be approaching your farming time seriously to get those solid numbers, which it appears to me you don't have the motivation to put the necessary work to achieve that. Getting 2-3 plat per hour is a breeze. Getting those higher numbers requires effort.
He simply asked for camp locations....
Fri 7 Aug 2020 5:12 AM by CowwoC
imweasel wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 3:49 AM
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:
CowwoC wrote:
imweasel wrote:

This reads like you had a stroke, but i hope you are fine and just lack on the ability to understand texts and struggle with anger problems. So in your own interest i will ignore you from now on, but please consider to get some help.

I wish you all the best.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 1:00 PM by Seigmoraig
How do you guys manage to pull 10+ OJs solo ? My current spec is 39/37. I tried doing it and run around my FnF turrets but they despawned before the pull was dead.
I was using the highest level turret to do it. I heard people talking about using a lower level one, which one should I be using ? Should I also be using the buff/debuff shrooms, like the Melee damage debuff and ablative ?
I find that I have more success when I set up my FnF turrets in front of my controlled pet and pull them myself with the con debuff at a red camp in Sheeroe Hills but it is really slow and there is no way that I would ever be making 1p/hour this way.
What am I doing wrong ?

thanks for the advice
Mon 10 Aug 2020 1:30 PM by dbeattie71
Just checked the other day and SH still drops classics that salvage for 11-15 arc. Surprised nobody is ever there. When farming on ani I don’t even bother with the main pet anymore. Just keep 15 hearts up and pwn.
Mon 17 Aug 2020 12:19 AM by darkstar00
Usually farmed yellows in Sheeroe Hills.

The best way I like to do it is setup my turrets about 500 units away from the closest mob to me... and then setup the tank pet 500 or so units behind the turrets. I also throw in a pet from the other magic line that slows the mobs down via a root.

Then, I pull a few at a time (with lvl 1 debuff) and the turrets start attacking the mobs once in range... while at the same time the tank pet will be trying to get aggro... and they usually die before getting to the tank pet. Sometimes they aggro the turrets but it doesn't matter too much they die quick.

Also, when I pull i like to keep the mobs away from the turrets as long as possible so they get more hits in before the mobs get close to them. Someone suggested not even using a tank pet and I think you could get away with that as well and just use turrets.

The hardest part is just learning the spawn and figuring out the best place to setup... after that its just getting in a groove with managing your pets and salvaging ROGs. I usually salvage after a 10 min buff session and then start the process all over again.

I think I made around 1.2p per 20 mins... haven't played in a few months.
Mon 17 Aug 2020 1:21 AM by gotwqqd
darkstar00 wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020 12:19 AM

The best way I like to do it is setup my turrets about 500 units away from the closest mob to me... and then setup the tank pet 500 or so units behind the turrets. I also throw in a pet from the other magic line that slows the mobs down via a root.

Then, I pull a few at a time (with lvl 1 debuff) and the turrets start attacking the mobs once in range... while at the same time the tank pet will be trying to get aggro... and they usually die before getting to the tank pet. Sometimes they aggro the turrets but it doesn't matter too much they die quick.

Also, when I pull i like to keep the mobs away from the turrets as long as possible so they get more hits in before the mobs get close to them. Someone suggested not even using a tank pet and I think you could get away with that as well and just use turrets.

The hardest part is just learning the spawn and figuring out the best place to setup... after that its just getting in a groove with managing your pets and salvaging ROGs. I usually salvage after a 10 min buff session and then start the process all over again.

Create 2 shroom fields equidistant from the mobs being apulled

Put tank pet center and closer to you
Cast debuff pet on tank

Mobs will get agg from both sides and be in limbo
Mon 17 Aug 2020 4:11 PM by darkstar00
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020 1:21 AM
darkstar00 wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020 12:19 AM

Create 2 shroom fields equidistant from the mobs being apulled

Put tank pet center and closer to you
Cast debuff pet on tank

Mobs will get agg from both sides and be in limbo

Good idea.

I actually logged on this morning to farm, i just did all hearts and a few of the melee debuffer shrooms... no tank pet. Pulled in over 1.2p in 2 buff sessions (10 mins each). Good enough for me.
Fri 11 Sep 2020 2:52 AM by darkstar00
Gorgoroth wrote:
Fri 18 Oct 2019 7:56 AM
Im new to Hib, so obviously also interested.
I think Ani is by far the best farm class in hib, as most flexible in this area. That said however im not sure how great he is as a solo farmer compared to farm classes of other realms. I found - so far at least - Shaman and Necro to make more money compared to Ani, but i think im just doing it wrong, hence also looking for some input.

how much do you make an hr on shaman or necro
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics