Re: Hunter spec advice/critique

Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:06 pm
inoeth wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:20 am
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:46 am

Spear is much more difficult solo unless you are an absolute master at the 1v1 back stun. Sword has an off-block stun that you can follow up with a 2handed hit. So, not absolute bullshit.

People who speak in absolutes are bullshit.
dude really... stun is useless since everybody will purge it anyway. what makes spear strong is the .68 anytimer and the option to change dmg type.
with sword you are bound to slash only which is a huge disadvantage vs hib stealther and if you take a look around you wont find any descent sword hunter on this server. many tried it and respeced to spear again.
you should play classes yourself before spreading you pen and paper daoc knowledge.
I did just fine with my Sword Hunter during beta. I don't have time to play and template multiple 50's after launch though. Playing does not equal pen and paper
lol beta. that was old emain where you met mostly albs plus dmg was higher there too. normally you are the one stating that beta was another game, now you are argumenting with beta thats just lol

inoeth wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:28 pm
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:06 pm
inoeth wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:20 am

dude really... stun is useless since everybody will purge it anyway. what makes spear strong is the .68 anytimer and the option to change dmg type.
with sword you are bound to slash only which is a huge disadvantage vs hib stealther and if you take a look around you wont find any descent sword hunter on this server. many tried it and respeced to spear again.
you should play classes yourself before spreading you pen and paper daoc knowledge.
I did just fine with my Sword Hunter during beta. I don't have time to play and template multiple 50's after launch though. Playing does not equal pen and paper
lol beta. that was old emain where you met mostly albs plus dmg was higher there too. normally you are the one stating that beta was another game, now you are argumenting with beta thats just lol
This was post-melee nerf too. I should know because I'm the one that first called out the devs on the melee nerf that they later walked back (but not 100%) because they got called out.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902

Sword isnt so bad :) str/con+dex/quick debuff hurts,the off evade chain stun works more often then u think… ofc u have to switch s/s-2h to get close to spear in relation of damage. much better weapon collection... only norse would be the race for sword, for me.
at the end i like more spear. the big + is the choice for thrust/slash,the backstun and the higher damstats/ws.

Dunga wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:57 pm
Sword isnt so bad :) str/con+dex/quick debuff hurts,the off evade chain stun works more often then u think… ofc u have to switch s/s-2h to get close to spear in relation of damage. much better weapon collection... only norse would be the race for sword, for me.
at the end i like more spear. the big + is the choice for thrust/slash,the backstun and the higher damstats/ws.
i will however try it again with rr9. in ranks 1-8 i tried it several times and it was always really really bad

gotwqqd wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:32 pm
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:22 pm
I’m gonna try
50Spear/32BC

So go 35/34......which st/arch or arch/st?
I actually decided
44SP/42BC/35ST/32Bow
I don’t want to lose on the stealth speed increase

This sounds interesting (thinking about a hunter myself, never played one before). Just out of pure interest: how would you play a high spear/pet hunter like this? Open with the bow, then hope for the best with spear/pet?
Last edited by watbrif on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

watbrif wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:23 am
Just out of pure interest: how does one play a melee hunter? Do you guys still open with the bow?
If I wanted pure melee hunter
44spear/43BC/45 Stealth/11bow
Or
50/43/36/18

I guess if you want to drop stealth to 45/35 you up the bow
Also can drop best speed
Last edited by gotwqqd on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

gotwqqd wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:35 am
watbrif wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:23 am
Just out of pure interest: how does one play a melee hunter? Do you guys still open with the bow?
If I wanted pure melee hunter
50spear
43BC
45 Stealth
11bow

I guess if you want to drop stealth to 45/35 you up the bow
Also can drop best speed
Any experience with this? How viable would this be solo?

(Sorry, I "updated" my post above too late...).