Realm Pride

Started 16 Oct 2019
by jackatom74
in Suggestions
Could we please consider a bonus for those choosing to homestead in one realm through the good and the bad. I am ok with the outcome of the vote but give some sort of bonus to those that remain in a realm a week or longer
Wed 16 Oct 2019 6:09 PM by bettercasey
I like this idea, maybe a 5-10% bonus to xp or rps!
Wed 16 Oct 2019 7:19 PM by Riac
because you have a favorite realm you are now deserving of free stuff???
Wed 16 Oct 2019 7:36 PM by Sepplord
as much as i love even more boni...imo the goal of a shorter timer is to have an easier opportunity to counter population imbalances.

Having anything besides fluff (aka titles for being in one realm really long) that imporves progression would be a hindering factor
Wed 16 Oct 2019 9:34 PM by chryso
Why the hell does everyone think they need a bonus for every single thing?
Thu 17 Oct 2019 1:58 PM by cuuchulain79
chryso wrote:
Wed 16 Oct 2019 9:34 PM
Why the hell does everyone think they need a bonus for every single thing?

Probably b/c they know eventually they'll get it...?
Fri 18 Oct 2019 10:46 AM by Chaskha
Like I say to my kids when they try to get a 2nd snack out of the cupboard with putting their most angelic face and best smile: "well tried, pumpkin".

A title would be ok though. You get it after 15d of /played without switching for instance ? And loose it the moment you switch of course.
Fri 18 Oct 2019 1:22 PM by Freedomcall
Hmmm.... but why? XD
Playing in other realms is fun. You should try playing in other realms too!
And that is one of the best ways to learn about your enemies.
I hope ppl switch realms and play different classes more often.
Fri 18 Oct 2019 2:13 PM by Stoertebecker
Freedomcall wrote:
Fri 18 Oct 2019 1:22 PM
Hmmm.... but why? XD
Because Realm Pride and only 1 realm/server was the status quo for many years, the game was designed around this.

If i want to have my ingame-enemies around me the whole time i`d play Eso or on live.
Fri 18 Oct 2019 2:14 PM by watbrif
Freedomcall wrote:
Hmmm.... but why? XD

I also tried out different realms but have now "settled" in Mid. While I accept the outcome of the vote, I do miss the days of yore on live when people got attached to "their" realm. For instance, sometimes I feel there's no point in getting to know other players, because you might not see them again if they decide to get a twink in another realm.... Again, this is essentially an "us vs. them" game, and this kind of thinking should be encouraged (in DAoC, not in RL, erm), despite the opportunity to swap realms.
Mon 21 Oct 2019 7:29 AM by Lanathir
Changing realms is like kicking your own butt.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 11:20 PM by Cinthel
i like the idea of a realm pride buff.

watbrif wrote:
Freedomcall wrote:
Hmmm.... but why? XD

I also tried out different realms but have now "settled" in Mid. While I accept the outcome of the vote, I do miss the days of yore on live when people got attached to "their" realm. For instance, sometimes I feel there's no point in getting to know other players, because you might not see them again if they decide to get a twink in another realm.... Again, this is essentially an "us vs. them" game, and this kind of thinking should be encouraged (in DAoC, not in RL, erm), despite the opportunity to swap realms.

Exactly my feelings....

i don't like the "put my flag like the wind blows" attitude aka (oh alb got 4 relics: time to play alb).
Imho this is not how it is supposed to be.
There should be a reward beyond the underpop bonus for people who stay with "their" realm no matter what (underdog, no relics etc).

Suggestion:
The reward should be a bonus on bounty point gain.
It should be applied for continious days of logging only to one realm.
i.e.: every 3 days of logging one realm only you get a 1% Bonus to bounty point gain. maximum no more than 10% total. must be lvl 50.
if your choosen realm is the underpop or has less than 2 relics the bonus should be 2% per 3 days.

just my 2 cent
Fri 8 Nov 2019 8:05 AM by Sepplord
i am not really against this...but i also don't understand why it would be needed

The Realmtimer voting was a clear majority for the shortest possible option. It wasn't even close to any other option. That shows that the majority wants to switch realms.
On the other hand there are the people that don't switch realms, and they want more free stuff for doing what they are already doing, while it would make people who switch slightly upset because they are allowed but still discouraged to switch.

It just wouldn't make sense logically if we look at the history of the realmtimer discussion and the latest changes
Fri 8 Nov 2019 8:18 AM by Freedomcall
People should change realm more frequently and play other realms more!
Because there are so many complaints they actually don't know about.
The grass is greener on the other side, and it is impossible to have unbiased view only by playing single realm.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 3:02 PM by mattymc
The game has been around long enough to know all realms, the silly position of unbiased view, etc is nonsensical and brainless; realm pride is , or should be, less about spending time in one place and more abut playing the game faithful <for lack of a better term> to where you are.....there are people who will always take the easy route and defend their actions with mindless banalities ----- the GAME should reward those who play it and not those who exploit the flaws. That being said, people have become more entitled and less willing to challenge themselves -- so we have what we have, supposed 8 mans running over small Man's and solo's beating their respective <and metaphorical> chests about how good they are; BG leaders just PvEing keeps where it is easy rather than actually fighting to, for example, get their relics back and actually supporting a 3 realm war < part of which made this game SO great in the past>, free rp's for being in zone, the list goes on forever ---- find your fun and take it where you can cause as much as many would like the game to support the larger picture, it doesn't....just remember it's not as toxic as live and is free.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics