Re: Stealthers weaponskill debuff

Sepplord wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:39 pm
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:34 pm
Killaloth wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:30 am
I think strong sneaks are partly responsible for the extinction of other solo classes, together with all the red-is-dead that can't let a 1vs1 finish before adding.
THIS ^^^ Quoted for truth. You hit the nail on the head, Killaloth.
same could be said about the other left-over solo-classes
This make sense, you need to adjust all the go to solo choices then, not only the stealthers.
But should a tank of equal rr be a Assassin killer what ever spec/setup.
If thats the caste i want a freeroll too vs any caster even if i spec out of stealth. Should be able to since we are the caster killer...

I spec 552points into stealth to get an advantage (to be able to pick fights, i do it poorly), maybe the tank need to use the line they spec 902 points into to be the assassin killer? @Killaloth you keep forcing circles into a squar. If it doesnt work, try to adapt. Tani is the wisest here so far, by far.
Last edited by Lillebror on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lillebror wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:50 pm
Sepplord wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:39 pm
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:34 pm

THIS ^^^ Quoted for truth. You hit the nail on the head, Killaloth.
same could be said about the other left-over solo-classes
This make sense, you need to adjust all the go to solo choices then, not only the stealthers.
But should a tank of equal rr be a Assassin killer what ever spec/setup.
If thats the caste i want a freeroll too vs any caster even if i spec out of stealth. Should be able to since we are the caster killer...
This actually used to be the case until Casters whined back in classic
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902

If your not abusing high parry and decent level of purge you're doing it wrong. Viper 5 is 30 points for additional 200 damage in 15 second window. That's like 1-1.5 swings worth of damage. Not exactly earth shattering. The benefit is of course it can't be block/parried/evaded. You have the tools to turtle up while still maintaining considerable damage. Take more purge when you purge a stun you get to heal for 500 instead of 250 since the disease will be gone. You can spec for comical amounts of parry with spec and RAs. If you flip between DW and S/S between swings you'll be almost unhittable. If you have TW up you can't he crit. Toughness also increases your flat hp which cannot be debuffed. Reflex Attack is also still quite strong against assassins. Combined with high parry you don't get hit but get to take many more swings back at the enemy. You you have all the tools available to chew up a lot of sins. You have to utilize them. I doubt you're going to find a catch all spec that will let you excell in both groups and solo, sorry.

Lillebror wrote: @Killaloth you keep forcing circles into a squar. If it doesnt work, try to adapt. Tani is the wisest here so far, by far.
I don't need to adapt. I'm still winning like 95%? of stealther fights coz there is little action left and RAs are often up. I'm just saying that it should be a breeze for my rank but it isn't at all. The only result of this thread has been to bring me more rps as more stealthers try and try again. Good for the little rvr solo action left for me I'd say.

But I'm not surprised that lower RR visible soloers have basically disappeared apart for coastguards.

I guess it's not fun for them to explode easily by one or more sneaks as soon as they leave the keep.

Again we can close this thread, apparently ppl need to adapt and learn to shield swap properly between swings to win VS sneaks of same rank.

Too bad shield swapping between swings has never been a thing on DAoC, and some classes were winning with no issues without that. I'm pretty sure the name of the game I was playing was still DAoC back in the days...
Killaloth - BM very sexy

VORTI/DEIRA: Killaloth - Bluntmaster OFF

Past Shards:
Uthgard 1 - Hlin - Sham
Thidranki Classic: Troya - NS ; Troya - Healer

Mavella wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:56 pm
If your not abusing high parry and decent level of purge you're doing it wrong. Viper 5 is 30 points for additional 200 damage in 15 second window. That's like 1-1.5 swings worth of damage. Not exactly earth shattering. The benefit is of course it can't be block/parried/evaded. You have the tools to turtle up while still maintaining considerable damage. Take more purge when you purge a stun you get to heal for 500 instead of 250 since the disease will be gone. You can spec for comical amounts of parry with spec and RAs. If you flip between DW and S/S between swings you'll be almost unhittable. If you have TW up you can't he crit. Toughness also increases your flat hp which cannot be debuffed. Reflex Attack is also still quite strong against assassins. Combined with high parry you don't get hit but get to take many more swings back at the enemy. You you have all the tools available to chew up a lot of sins. You have to utilize them. I doubt you're going to find a catch all spec that will let you excell in both groups and solo, sorry.
Yes I know, a Det9 spec with high damage output is not enough VS sneaks if you don't burn purge and/or IP.

I also apparently need to put (a lot of) points in other RAs so that my smallman and group spec becomes no longer feasible.

All of this to be able to win sneaks w/o using purge and IP.

As I said already I was probably not playing a blademaster back in the days and this is the real version of DAoC I've never experienced before, thank you.

Also, the fact that I am not running with casted ABS buff, Damage Add and haste is prolly also playing a part coz these little things on Hibernia do not exist. Thank god we have at least a juicy underpop RP bonus always up.
Killaloth - BM very sexy

Past Shards:
Uthgard 1 - Hlin - Sham

Killaloth, as much as I think that tanks should definitely be able to beat sneaks handily, I don't ever think "it should be a breeze". This is where you and I differ, and this is from someone who plays sneaks and tanks (I love melee, hate playing magic users). Regardless of the situation, there should always be an element of risk, and this is where DAOC excels vs other MMOs, even ones based on PvP combat. Of course, there are exceptions (like SM and BD) where the outcome is almost always guaranteed. I like the fact that regardless of what (most) classes are played, a fight can go in any direction whether solo, smallman, 8man, or zerg.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S ... 7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... =23&t=2902

Cadebrennus wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:18 pm
Killaloth, as much as I think that tanks should definitely be able to beat sneaks handily, I don't ever think "it should be a breeze". This is where you and I differ, and this is from someone who plays sneaks and tanks (I love melee, hate playing magic users). Regardless of the situation, there should always be an element of risk, and this is where DAOC excels vs other MMOs, even ones based on PvP combat. Of course, there are exceptions (like SM and BD) where the outcome is almost always guaranteed. I like the fact that regardless of what (most) classes are played, a fight can go in any direction whether solo, smallman, 8man, or zerg.
I'm not the one that likes easy wins, if you look at the solo kills for visible classes I'm prolly one of the few that has a decent number with a grp spec and a "non-fotm" class. Call it self-harm maybe.

It's not a breeze for me VS lots of classes but should it be a breeze to beat a sneak 6 realm ranks below mine? Yes. Is it now? Not at all.

Is it normal? For the majority of ppl feeding a 100 pages stealther thread apparently it is.

This imbalance makes it harder and harder to find solo visibles. Due to imbalance and ppl behaviour.
Killaloth - BM very sexy

Past Shards:
Uthgard 1 - Hlin - Sham

Yeah seriously, you claim you are winning 95% of your fights against assassins, but still complain?

You either got nothing to complain about or you just had to lie about how strong you are when people attacked your skill...

either way, that means there is nothing to discuss with you

/thread