@ all the archers that qq because they sux

Started 23 Sep 2019
by t4coops
in RvR
this guys got a clue, 700+ crit shots and 350(400 with dmg add) anytimes on chain armor, get some fe9 and be hitting for 500's on regular shots on tanks, and all I see on forums is archer qq their dmg sux, el oh el

stop qq and go play / spec properly
Tue 24 Sep 2019 7:02 PM by Rhox
I believe you miss the point of why archers complain. That guy hit you pretty damn hard and it look like it hurt. However if you where able to interrupt him or had been a melee toon he most likely would have /sit and donate RP's.

I am a ranger as well but my bow will only hit you for around 100 but if you get in melee range your most likely dead.

Or you could split spec and be more versatile at not doing either very well. This is where most of the complaints come from. Most want to be decent as both ranged and melee.
Tue 24 Sep 2019 8:06 PM by t4coops
Rhox wrote:
Tue 24 Sep 2019 7:02 PM
However if you where able to interrupt him or had been a melee toon he most likely would have /sit and donate RP's.

if you can only kill afk people I thinks you just need to try to find a new class is all the problem is^^

*edit* or game, I hear scrabble online is poppin !
Tue 24 Sep 2019 8:28 PM by Rhox
t4coops wrote:
Tue 24 Sep 2019 8:06 PM
Rhox wrote:
However if you where able to interrupt him or had been a melee toon he most likely would have /sit and donate RP's.

if you can only kill afk people I thinks you just need to try to find a new class is all the problem is^^

*edit* or game, I hear scrabble online is poppin !

So just to be clear. You made a post complaining about archers complaining. The agreed that they should find a new class or game if they play a archer bow spec?
Tue 24 Sep 2019 10:28 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Rhox wrote:
Tue 24 Sep 2019 8:28 PM
So just to be clear. You made a post complaining about archers complaining. The agreed that they should find a new class or game if they play a archer bow spec?

Yes, he's what is commonly referred to as an "idiot," just roll your eyes and move on.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 1:14 AM by t4coops
Rhox wrote:
Tue 24 Sep 2019 8:28 PM
The agreed that they should find a new class or game if they play a archer bow spec?

no I said you should find a new class or game if you cant kill anyone on your archer unless they are afk
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:24 AM by Ardri
t4coops wrote:
Mon 23 Sep 2019 8:17 PM
this guys got a clue, 700+ crit shots and 350(400 with dmg add) anytimes on chain armor, get some fe9 and be hitting for 500's on regular shots on tanks, and all I see on forums is archer qq their dmg sux, el oh el

stop qq and go play / spec properly

What's funny is you probably just ran the opposite direction and easily lived. Noticed how you didn't show the deathblow.
Wed 25 Sep 2019 2:27 AM by t4coops
i was fighting 2 albs and him and another hib jumped me, not sure what the out come of the fight has anything to do with anything

just saying they got some rox dmg, specialy for all the qq I see, sorry if I offended anyone lol

cheers
Mon 7 Oct 2019 10:25 PM by Kaidence
Rhox wrote:
I believe you miss the point of why archers complain. That guy hit you pretty damn hard and it look like it hurt. However if you where able to interrupt him or had been a melee toon he most likely would have /sit and donate RP's.

I am a ranger as well but my bow will only hit you for around 100 but if you get in melee range your most likely dead.

Or you could split spec and be more versatile at not doing either very well. This is where most of the complaints come from. Most want to be decent as both ranged and melee.

Stealthers do suck that is why they have stealth. If you want to melee people and shoot them then unspec stealth and you can be like everyone else.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 7:03 AM by Sepplord
Kaidence wrote:
Mon 7 Oct 2019 10:25 PM
Rhox wrote:

Stealthers do suck that is why they have stealth. If you want to melee people and shoot them then unspec stealth and you can be like everyone else.

So because they suck they have stealth, so they can hide from all fights because they aren't supposed to win against anyone, because they have stealth

i have seen that circular logic before and it doesn't make sense in the slightest
Tue 8 Oct 2019 8:36 AM by Freedomcall
Rhox wrote:
Most want to be decent as both ranged and melee.

Yeah everyone can wish their class good all around, but being both good at ranged and melee sounds rather imbalanced.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 10:49 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Freedomcall wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 8:36 AM
Yeah everyone can wish their class good all around, but being both good at ranged and melee sounds rather imbalanced.

Then they should be good at range, since they are archers, not assassins/light tanks.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 11:21 AM by Sepplord
Exactly, but too many meleerangers/hunters brigade every proposition that buffs archery at cost of their precious melee

Look around the stealther-threads...the majority believes that assassins being stronger than archers in melee is a problem. Which is mindboggling but somehow the way it is
Tue 8 Oct 2019 1:38 PM by Horus
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 11:21 AM
Exactly, but too many meleerangers/hunters brigade every proposition that buffs archery at cost of their precious melee

Look around the stealther-threads...the majority believes that assassins being stronger than archers in melee is a problem. Which is mindboggling but somehow the way it is

Things are a bit out of whack. You can be a successful melee class specing a certain way on a ranger and hunter (and possibly scout), but it is debatable that you can be a successful ranged class.

Success in this case as defined as getting solo ranged kills against equal level opponents.

An archer can successfully get RPs by getting a few together and /groundassisting volley against other BGs or adding on to fights... but I think many who chose the class did so because they prefer to be the unseen solo stealther killing at range with the downside of being weak in melee. That reality does not exists. Just the way things are. The traditional archetype of the archer class is just not viable here. Too many mitigating factors working against that ranged sniper play style.

I am currently 67 (50+17) bow, 370 dex (396 when I get red base dex), using a MP 5.5 speed bow, Falcon Eye 8. I bet there are few on the server specced to do more ranged bow dmg than me. But to do that I have sacrificed any semblance of melee. Even defending a keep when specced "all in" for ranged dmg it is quite hard to get solo kills. It takes at least 4 shots (more often 5 or more) to kill a squishy caster target (one to break bubble, one crit, and 3 reg shots). Heal pots, legion heart, ...just can't put enough DPS downrange fast enough to get the kill before they are out of range or you are interrupted (unless they are asleep).
Tue 8 Oct 2019 1:46 PM by Rhox
Horus wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 1:38 PM
Sepplord wrote:

Things are a bit out of whack. You can be a successful melee class specing a certain way on a ranger and hunter (and possibly scout), but it is debatable that you can be a successful ranged class.

Success in this case as defined as getting solo ranged kills against equal level opponents.

An archer can successfully get RPs by getting a few together and /groundassisting volley against other BGs or adding on to fights... but I think many who chose the class did so because they prefer to be the unseen solo stealther killing at range with the downside of being weak in melee. That reality does not exists. Just the way things are. The traditional archetype of the archer class is just not viable here. Too many mitigating factors working against that ranged sniper play style.

I am currently 67 (50+17) bow, 370 dex (396 when I get red base dex), using a MP 5.5 speed bow. I bet there are few on the server specced to do more ranged bow dmg than me. But to do that I have sacrificed any semblance of melee. Even defending a keep when specced "all in" for ranged dmg it is quite hard to get solo kills. It takes at least 4 shots to kill a squishy caster target (one to break bubble, one crit, and 3 reg shots). Heal pots, legion heart, ...just can't put enough DPS downrange fast enough to get the kill before they are out of range or you are interrupted (unless they are asleep).

This ^ Im on the other side of things where I have 0 points in bow. If I ever shoot someone with a bow they are going to think a gray jumped them. Also related I don't arrows in my inventory. But you will never here me complain about bow damage sucks.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:32 PM by Siouxsie
Sepplord wrote:

You've clearly never played an archer and fought assassins before, have you?
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:41 PM by Ardri
Horus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

I am currently 67 (50+17) bow, 370 dex (396 when I get red base dex), using a MP 5.5 speed bow, Falcon Eye 8. I bet there are few on the server specced to do more ranged bow dmg than me. But to do that I have sacrificed any semblance of melee. Even defending a keep when specced "all in" for ranged dmg it is quite hard to get solo kills. It takes at least 4 shots to kill a squishy caster target (one to break bubble, one crit, and 3 reg shots). Heal pots, legion heart, ...just can't put enough DPS downrange fast enough to get the kill before they are out of range or you are interrupted (unless they are asleep).

Pro tip: longshot breaks bubble
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:55 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:32 PM

It's not his fault that Mythic decided to make Archers fodder for Assassins because they both happen to have stealth.

Remove stealth from the game, then everyone can quit crying about it.

"But then I'll be visible and get zerged down!"

Yeah, that never happens even when you're a stealther. It especially never gets perpetrated by other stealthers.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:58 PM by Sepplord
Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:32 PM
Sepplord wrote:

Please re-read my comment. I am not stating anything about the game, i am stating something about the mindset that is expressed in stealtherthreads on the forum...

It seems you are trying to discredit me with your comment, but all it does is prove how retarded the statements of some people on this forum are
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:59 PM by borodino1812
Ardri wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:41 PM
Horus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

I am currently 67 (50+17) bow, 370 dex (396 when I get red base dex), using a MP 5.5 speed bow, Falcon Eye 8. I bet there are few on the server specced to do more ranged bow dmg than me. But to do that I have sacrificed any semblance of melee. Even defending a keep when specced "all in" for ranged dmg it is quite hard to get solo kills. It takes at least 4 shots to kill a squishy caster target (one to break bubble, one crit, and 3 reg shots). Heal pots, legion heart, ...just can't put enough DPS downrange fast enough to get the kill before they are out of range or you are interrupted (unless they are asleep).

Not for critshot here.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 4:15 PM by chois
370 dex when i run 263 of my briton scout without ra..... you re lucky
Tue 8 Oct 2019 6:17 PM by Mavella
chois wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 4:15 PM
370 dex when i run 263 of my briton scout without ra..... you re lucky

The charge nerf hit scouts the hardest no doubt.

At least hunters and rangers stopped bitching for a while anyway.
Tue 8 Oct 2019 6:23 PM by t4coops
rofl at the guy who said " t takes atleast 4 shots to kill someone QQ*

and the first 2 is out of the random blue in like 1 second, 2nd hits before they realsie being hit, 2 more shots u can squeak out in what 3 seconds of time ? you out range the unruly god out of everybody, you can keep re go in stealth

you cant manage to pop 4-5 shots on someone as you getting the surprise jump randomly at will ? ooof, perhaps its time to find a new class, perhaps a buffbot

don't ever go play an archer on live, the ability to drop people on archer here compared to there is unreal^^ lol

but yeah assasin would be tuff for them here because the 60% respamable snare on their anytime style is ridiculous, and disease poison theres no way of getting away from it, is like the hardest char for my shaman to fight, theres no escapeing that shit, unless I ichor and purge and strafe out quick as shit before they swing again and hope their purge is down ! lol ;\

(least solo, if in duo or something fk them snares melees pop and go 1 the other archer blasts they ass tuff, and u freely farm on most visis, unless you just shoot and stand there like an idiot waiting for them to come kill you with your crappy weapon out or something dumb lols)
Tue 8 Oct 2019 6:43 PM by t4coops
kill my shaman in like 4 shots to, in chain armor, stealthers will die in less, visi melees just the same and have to run to you, and 4 shots ya just cant hang ? cant make it happen ? lol

so 4 shots is to tuff to get off, so you want to 2-3 shot ? you want casters to die before their quickcast even goes off if they instantly react ?

you want melee to be 25% hp before u even appear on screen out of stealth and they can hit face ?

oh I see you want to 4 shot them with bow, but if they get to you, you wanna dominate them in melee to ? ahs lol

1 day we have to realise we suck and stop qq about our problems and start making shit happen

cuz make no mistake as you qq, the heavyweights are hola'in bang bang when they come thro
Tue 8 Oct 2019 11:24 PM by Horus
I can't really say what is going on with the OP...I don't know what spells were up or armor quality etc..

But...
In case anyone is curious, here is a log of 67 bow, 48 PF, 370 dex, 5.5 speed MP bow vs training dummy. Master of Arch 5, FE 8

Crit shot 607, reg shot 303. That is not too diff from what I see against most RvR targets. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

1st shot is rapid fire bubble break in the real world. So starting from when I become visible 19:08:36 to 19:08:49 (13 seconds)
I did:

1516 bow dmg . Now you can see there is dmg add in there and a lucky DoT proc + my crits due to high FE. for an additional 421

19:08:33] You switch to rapid fire mode!
[19:08:34] You prepare your shot (1.5s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:34] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:36] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 152 (-53) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
[19:08:36] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 14 extra damage!
[19:08:36] You prepare your critical shot (3.7s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:37] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:37] You will now automatically release your shot and reload.
[19:08:40] You prepare your critical shot (3.7s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:40] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 607 (-213) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
[19:08:40] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 29 extra damage!
[19:08:40] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 44 damage!
[19:08:40] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:40] You will now automatically release your shot and reload.
[19:08:43] You prepare your shot (3.1s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:43] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 303 (-106) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
You critically hit Training Dummy Level 50 for an additional 125 damage! (Crit Chance: 37%)
[19:08:43] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 28 extra damage!
[19:08:43] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:43] You will now automatically release your shot and reload.
[19:08:44] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 40 damage!
[19:08:46] You prepare your shot (3.1s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:46] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 303 (-106) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
[19:08:46] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 30 extra damage!
[19:08:46] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:47] You will now automatically release your shot and reload.
[19:08:48] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 25 damage!
[19:08:49] You prepare your shot (3.1s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:49] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 303 (-106) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
You critically hit Training Dummy Level 50 for an additional 196 damage! (Crit Chance: 37%)
Wed 9 Oct 2019 8:29 AM by iamsaitam
Horus wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 11:24 PM
I can't really say what is going on with the OP...I don't know what spells were up or armor quality etc..

But...
In case anyone is curious, here is a log of 67 bow, 48 PF, 370 dex, 5.5 speed MP bow vs training dummy. Master of Arch 5, FE 8

Crit shot 607, reg shot 303. That is not too diff from what I see against most RvR targets. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

1st shot is rapid fire bubble break in the real world. So starting from when I become visible 19:08:36 to 19:08:49 (13 seconds)
I did:

1516 bow dmg . Now you can see there is dmg add in there and a lucky DoT proc + my crits due to high FE. for an additional 421

19:08:33] You switch to rapid fire mode!
[19:08:34] You prepare your shot (1.5s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:34] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:36] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 152 (-53) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
[19:08:36] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 14 extra damage!
[19:08:36] You prepare your critical shot (3.7s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:37] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:37] You will now automatically release your shot and reload.
[19:08:40] You prepare your critical shot (3.7s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:40] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 607 (-213) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
[19:08:40] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 29 extra damage!
[19:08:40] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 44 damage!
[19:08:40] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:40] You will now automatically release your shot and reload.
[19:08:43] You prepare your shot (3.1s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:43] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 303 (-106) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
You critically hit Training Dummy Level 50 for an additional 125 damage! (Crit Chance: 37%)
[19:08:43] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 28 extra damage!
[19:08:43] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:43] You will now automatically release your shot and reload.
[19:08:44] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 40 damage!
[19:08:46] You prepare your shot (3.1s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:46] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 303 (-106) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
[19:08:46] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 30 extra damage!
[19:08:46] You will now automatically release your shot.
[19:08:47] You will now automatically release your shot and reload.
[19:08:48] You hit Training Dummy Level 50 for 25 damage!
[19:08:49] You prepare your shot (3.1s to fire , target is in range)
[19:08:49] You shoot Training Dummy Level 50 with your shimmering duskwood Heavy Recurve Bow and hit for 303 (-106) damage! (Damage Modifier: 1693)
You critically hit Training Dummy Level 50 for an additional 196 damage! (Crit Chance: 37%)

What are the training dummys suppose to simulate in terms of armor? That looks like really gimp damage.. Not really what I've experienced with my toons though. Two days ago I was getting critical shot during a siege for 800 by a hunter.
Wed 9 Oct 2019 2:29 PM by Horus
iamsaitam wrote:
Wed 9 Oct 2019 8:29 AM
What are the training dummys suppose to simulate in terms of armor? That looks like really gimp damage.. Not really what I've experienced with my toons though. Two days ago I was getting critical shot during a siege for 800 by a hunter.

I dunno. Dev would have to answer that...
Wed 9 Oct 2019 3:24 PM by Cadebrennus
Horus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

I am currently 67 (50+17) bow, 370 dex (396 when I get red base dex), using a MP 5.5 speed bow, Falcon Eye 8. I bet there are few on the server specced to do more ranged bow dmg than me. But to do that I have sacrificed any semblance of melee. Even defending a keep when specced "all in" for ranged dmg it is quite hard to get solo kills. It takes at least 4 shots (more often 5 or more) to kill a squishy caster target (one to break bubble, one crit, and 3 reg shots). Heal pots, legion heart, ...just can't put enough DPS downrange fast enough to get the kill before they are out of range or you are interrupted (unless they are asleep).

Another Archer can't even kill my Ranger with a bow if I'm not AFK. Even with shit defense and the worst abilities to control a ranged fight amongst the Archer classes it's too easy to survive a single Archer's ranged attack. After the 1st or 2nd arrow I've already swapped to an unspecced (but still very effective) small shield, and either closed the distance and /use DD'ed them, put some distance between us, or found hard cover. Too damn easy.
Thu 10 Oct 2019 3:20 AM by Ardri
borodino1812 wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:59 PM
Ardri wrote:
Horus wrote:

Not for critshot here.

Learn to read.
Sat 12 Oct 2019 6:35 PM by daytonchambers
Ardri wrote:
Thu 10 Oct 2019 3:20 AM
borodino1812 wrote:
Tue 8 Oct 2019 2:59 PM
Ardri wrote:

Not for critshot here.

Learn to read.

Why on earth would you waste Long-shot for that?

IMO, that tool is for finishing off a target that managed to limp out of your range, not for starting a fight.
Mon 14 Oct 2019 7:30 AM by Highfather17
Archers are free rps for my Inf.

As they should be.
Mon 14 Oct 2019 11:04 AM by inoeth
Highfather17 wrote:
Mon 14 Oct 2019 7:30 AM
Archers are free rps for my Inf.

As they should be.

doubt that lol
Wed 16 Oct 2019 5:14 PM by Riac
the amount of archers in this game is way too high, can hardly even play EU time w/o a million rangers springing up in the backfield and adding on everything in sight. periodically do a /serverinfo and just look at the number of rangers online, its a joke.

nerf bow damage into the ground pls. just make them play a real class.
Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:59 PM by gromet12
Riac wrote: the amount of archers in this game is way too high, can hardly even play EU time w/o a million rangers springing up in the backfield and adding on everything in sight. periodically do a /serverinfo and just look at the number of rangers online, its a joke.

I play all 3 realms just figuring out which class I want to really play,

If I do /who on archers, in mid/alb they are one of the least played classes

The only ones playing are rangers, that would because they, unlike the other two realms, are not nearly as hindered in the gameplay.
Thu 17 Oct 2019 2:58 AM by stewbeedoo
My observation after playing Ranger here for a while is that Hunters can be tough, but I generally win and Scouts really have it rough. Not sure we can say Rangers are the best archers - there are a lot of successful Hunters out there.

The reality is that you have to accept the fact that as an archer you will kill other sneaks, casters (except BDs, Necros, SMs) and low RR other classes.

This idea that the bow hits for massive damage is simply not true. I did once 2 shot a caster without bubble with crit shot and critical hit, but that was one time. Typically evade, block or bubble negates the crit shot and if it hits (unusual) it does good but not amazing damage.

My $0.02
Thu 17 Oct 2019 5:44 AM by Cadebrennus
gromet12 wrote:
Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:59 PM
Riac wrote: the amount of archers in this game is way too high, can hardly even play EU time w/o a million rangers springing up in the backfield and adding on everything in sight. periodically do a /serverinfo and just look at the number of rangers online, its a joke.

I play all 3 realms just figuring out which class I want to really play,

If I do /who on archers, in mid/alb they are one of the least played classes

The only ones playing are rangers, that would because they, unlike the other two realms, are not nearly as hindered in the gameplay.

If I wanted to play the strongest Archer overall, I would play a Hunter. If I wanted to play the best Archer in Visi group play, I would play a Scout.

I play a Ranger because dual wielding looks cool =)

I don't know the reason why Rangers are so popular. I think it's perception more than reality. The factors that could contribute to this are: much much better classes on Mid to play, some better classes on Alb (ex: Merc is a better light tank than BM imo for a variety of reasons), lower population on Hib so a greater desire/need to play a more easily soloable class such as an Archer.

Like I said though, I play it because I just think dual wielding looks pretty damn cool. It's the same reason I play a Merc on Alb.
Thu 17 Oct 2019 5:15 PM by daytonchambers
Riac wrote:
Wed 16 Oct 2019 5:14 PM
the amount of archers in this game is way too high, can hardly even play EU time w/o a million rangers springing up in the backfield and adding on everything in sight. periodically do a /serverinfo and just look at the number of rangers online, its a joke.

Just did a /who 50 and compared to /who Ranger 50

Hib 50s on as of 1min ago: 133

lvl 50 rangers on as of 1min ago: 12
less than 10%

We are not over-represented. Shut your piehole.
Thu 17 Oct 2019 6:52 PM by borodino1812
Cadebrennus wrote: If I wanted to play the strongest Archer overall, I would play a Hunter. If I wanted to play the best Archer in Visi group play, I would play a Scout.

I don't know the reason why Rangers are so popular. I think it's perception more than reality.

I've always played Rangers as my preferred archer class, in fact it was my first class when daoc released. However, when Phoenix went live I chose the Hunter, just to try something different. It was not a happy choice since the pet was seriously neutered at release. Today, I would agree with you that it is probably the best archer class on Phoenix, though we do not agree on the details.

You might be disappointed if you choose the hunter as a straight down melee archer. While the class can fulfill that role, dual-wield is less situational than 2h, and the Hunter depends on the pet. The Ranger is more dependable in this role in my opinion.

Allround however, I think you can make a solid case for the Hunter. The pet gives you a lot of utility. Played correctly you can dictate range archer vs archer, and the pet is invaluable against casters. In addition, you do not need to fight the SM and the BD...(granted as a Hunter leveling you will wish to kill any SM that turn you down in a group...)

Bow damage is rather situational on Phoenix, if you get consistently killed by a solo archer, you might want to look at your playstyle.
Thu 17 Oct 2019 7:35 PM by Cadebrennus
borodino1812 wrote:
Thu 17 Oct 2019 6:52 PM
Cadebrennus wrote: If I wanted to play the strongest Archer overall, I would play a Hunter. If I wanted to play the best Archer in Visi group play, I would play a Scout.

I don't know the reason why Rangers are so popular. I think it's perception more than reality.

I've always played Rangers as my preferred archer class, in fact it was my first class when daoc released. However, when Phoenix went live I chose the Hunter, just to try something different. It was not a happy choice since the pet was seriously neutered at release. Today, I would agree with you that it is probably the best archer class on Phoenix, though we do not agree on the details.

You might be disappointed if you choose the hunter as a straight down melee archer. While the class can fulfill that role, dual-wield is less situational than 2h, and the Hunter depends on the pet. The Ranger is more dependable in this role in my opinion.

Allround however, I think you can make a solid case for the Hunter. The pet gives you a lot of utility. Played correctly you can dictate range archer vs archer, and the pet is invaluable against casters. In addition, you do not need to fight the SM and the BD...(granted as a Hunter leveling you will wish to kill any SM that turn you down in a group...)

Bow damage is rather situational on Phoenix, if you get consistently killed by a solo archer, you might want to look at your playstyle.

I agree on the "solo killed by an Archer..." statement

However I will definitely disagree with you on the melee Hunter assessment. From a pure numbers standpoint, the Hunter comes out on top (barring the occasional 2handed miss). From a tactical standpoint (as you pointed out) it gets even better. I played a melee Visi Hunter and a melee Visi Ranger during the beta PvP event and the Hunter was absolutely devastating compared to the Ranger. However I will be the first to admit that a particularly deadly Hunter is only deadly in the right hands compared to being able to "faceroll keyboard" a somewhat effective Ranger. It's a similar situation between Minstrel vs Skald. One is nearly unbeatable in the right hands, and the other takes a lot less skill and thought to play somewhat effectively.
Thu 17 Oct 2019 9:57 PM by Riac
daytonchambers wrote:
Thu 17 Oct 2019 5:15 PM
Riac wrote:
Wed 16 Oct 2019 5:14 PM

Just did a /who 50 and compared to /who Ranger 50

Hib 50s on as of 1min ago: 133

lvl 50 rangers on as of 1min ago: 12
less than 10%

We are not over-represented. Shut your piehole.

congrats on the cherry pick.... .notice how i said to periodically do it, this helps to establish what the norm is.
they generally have large amounts of rangers on, disproportionately more than the other two archers.

[attachment=1]ranger lol 2.PNG[/attachment]
Fri 18 Oct 2019 8:47 PM by Riac
some nice cherry picked screenshots i took @ 3:43pm central us time. rangers might be a tad over represented lol. why wouldnt they be though, retarded bow dmg with next to no cost, exploitable positional stuns in CD leaving you the choice of dmg type still, still have stun built into each dmg type, self buffs and moArcane that also works on comby for some crazy reason, and IP gotta love IP..... tbh it wouldnt really matter all that much but its just soooooo annoying when you start a fight and no less than 3 rangers unstealth and just start adding on you.

now shut your piehole.
Sat 19 Oct 2019 1:34 PM by daytonchambers
Just checked again.

total Hib 50s on :103 Total lv 50 Rangers: 14 A bit higher! Totally dominating the field! LoL

Yes, it's a popular class. Especially when there's a considerable population imbalance for large portions of the day, you kind of want to hide when you're outnumbered every direction you look.

Riac I have no idea what class you play, and you haven't offered that info so there's no way for me to relate to your specific perspective as a player. But archers harassing the back line is and has always been their primary role in larger scale fights.

Let's address your specific issues:

"retarded bow dmg with next to no cost" Pretty sure we have to spend a lot of points to get decent damage. 35 archery is where most aim for, and that's all archers, not Just Rangers. That's to get something resembling a decent ranged shot, which can be interrupted by anyone with a dd charge and with no quickcast to regain initiative. Super OP.

exploitable positional stuns in CD leaving you the choice of dmg type still Exploitable positional stuns in Celtic Dual, I had no idea that was such a draw for players. Imagine playing a class that can hit you from range to interrupt then once they're on you can exploit positional stuns for a cheese win! I was of course talking about the Valewalker, another OP and overplayed class in Hibernia. If you have a problem with game mechanics abuse take it up with the devs, that is in NO way a Ranger-specific problem.

And I assume that by "choice of dmg type" you mean we can choose pierce or blades. Any Ranger who wants to melee goes Blades, due to the armor resist tables. Everyone knows this. Putting this up as a reason we are OP is silly and you damn well know it.

self buffs and moArcane that also works on comby for some crazy reason While I agree that arcane working on the buff pots is weird, this is not unique to Rangers. Any class with access to arcane benefits from this, and in order for us to really benefit from this at all we need at least 40points in Pathfinding which kills our ability to spec high in our melee. Nobody can have it all, not even Rangers.

And then you bring up IP, then go on to say "it wouldnt really matter all that much but its just soooooo annoying when you start a fight and no less than 3 rangers unstealth and just start adding on you. " so I don't know why you even bothered. But that 30%heal once every 15minutes is hardly world shattering. IMO vanish is worse.

Your personal annoyance at a class isn't grounds for nerfing them. I find Minstrels, the chain wearing stealthing wall climbing speed 6ing while towing a red con Lusus pet before double shout-nuking then Insta stunning you Class to be incredibly annoying. But they have their role, and it's the way it's been since 2001 so I don't see any nerf inc nor am I asking for one.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 3:48 PM by Shadanwolf
I quit playing my 45 level hunter. Archery damage is pitiful.
Fri 25 Oct 2019 5:24 PM by Freedomcall
Shadanwolf wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 3:48 PM

Well, archery dmg can be pitiful, but I think that is not lvl45 hunter can judge.
Every dmg from every class is pitiful with non-50 non-templated non-buffed char.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 1:34 PM by Highfather17
Shadanwolf wrote:
I quit my scout at lvl 5 cause he kept dying to yellows.

Assassins are clearly the only way to go.
Mon 28 Oct 2019 1:47 PM by Horus
Highfather17 wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 1:34 PM
Shadanwolf wrote:

That is just not scouts. Even on my ranger I did not attempt yellows until I got a few more levels and could afford the best arrows. Yellows are actually a challenge in many cases at lower levels. Now when you get a few levels, the best arrows, a couple endo RAs, and some tinder boxes you will do fine on a camp of yellow/low orange if they are sensitive to a melee dmg type. Protip spec bow = to level when leveling. Your goal is to never have to draw your melee weapon when solo leveling for fastest exp.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 12:39 AM by gotwqqd
Horus wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 1:47 PM
Highfather17 wrote:
Mon 28 Oct 2019 1:34 PM
Shadanwolf wrote:

That is just not scouts. Even on my ranger I did not attempt yellows until I got a few more levels and could afford the best arrows. Yellows are actually a challenge in many cases at lower levels. Now when you get a few levels, the best arrows, a couple endo RAs, and some tinder boxes you will do fine on a camp of yellow/low orange if they are sensitive to a melee dmg type. Protip spec bow = to level when leveling. Your goal is to never have to draw your melee weapon when solo leveling for fastest exp.
Yes
Arrows plus dex dex/quick pots and endo pot equal fast killing
Keep bow at highest crit possible for your level
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:37 PM by Siouxsie
Riac wrote:
Fri 18 Oct 2019 8:47 PM
some nice cherry picked screenshots i took @ 3:43pm central us time. rangers might be a tad over represented lol. why wouldnt they be though, retarded bow dmg with next to no cost, exploitable positional stuns in CD leaving you the choice of dmg type still, still have stun built into each dmg type, self buffs and moArcane that also works on comby for some crazy reason, and IP gotta love IP..... tbh it wouldnt really matter all that much but its just soooooo annoying when you start a fight and no less than 3 rangers unstealth and just start adding on you.

now shut your piehole.

3 rangers unstealthing and adding? Sounds like Siriun, Lolph, and Eldalie.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 7:27 PM by Riac
Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:37 PM
Riac wrote:
Fri 18 Oct 2019 8:47 PM

now shut your piehole.

3 rangers unstealthing and adding? Sounds like Siriun, Lolph, and Eldalie.

those dudes are such queers, ive been hoping bad things happen to them in real life as to prevent them from showing up daily.... so far no luck :/
Tue 29 Oct 2019 10:14 PM by Sepplord
Riac wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 7:27 PM
those dudes are such queers, ive been hoping bad things happen to them in real life as to prevent them from showing up daily.... so far no luck :/

W T F

i don't care what playstyle someone has, wishing such things onto other people is seriously fucked up and says a lot more about you than them
Tue 29 Oct 2019 10:41 PM by Riac
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 10:14 PM
Riac wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 7:27 PM

W T F

i don't care what playstyle someone has, wishing such things onto other people is seriously fucked up and says a lot more about you than them

and????
Wed 30 Oct 2019 1:59 PM by Horus
I love adding on fights where a stealther attacks one of my realm mates. The best is letting that kill shot fly and having it hit right before they hit vanish so they disappear for a split second before dying. Makes my day.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 3:08 PM by inoeth
Horus wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 1:59 PM
I love adding on fights where a stealther attacks one of my realm mates. The best is letting that kill shot fly and having it hit right before they hit vanish so they disappear for a split second before dying. Makes my day.

and then /rofl or /bow .....you must be trollselfie?!

dou you know what makes my day? catching you and make you blow all your tools and still lose lol
Wed 30 Oct 2019 6:02 PM by Horus
inoeth wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 3:08 PM
Horus wrote:

dou you know what makes my day? catching you and make you blow all your tools and still lose lol

Actually No, I don't emote. And if you catch me guaranteed I am dead. All my tools and spec are focused on ranged dmg. I try to plan my attacks accordingly. That being said I honor all requests not to add.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 7:38 PM by Riac
Horus wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 6:02 PM
inoeth wrote:
Horus wrote:

Actually No, I don't emote. And if you catch me guaranteed I am dead. All my tools and spec are focused on ranged dmg. I try to plan my attacks accordingly. That being said I honor all requests not to add.

whats your chars name?
Thu 31 Oct 2019 3:52 AM by Joffel
Riac wrote: those dudes are such queers, ive been hoping bad things happen to them in real life as to prevent them from showing up daily.... so far no luck :/

We are sorry that we hurt you so much, sad little man. Maybe buy a Voodoo Doll and hope something happens to us if it makes you happy.

Siouxsie wrote: 3 rangers unstealthing and adding? Sounds like Siriun, Lolph, and Eldalie.

Yup. Especially if its you and your realm mates killing lowbies in CG like that´s more honorable. Using the designated solo-zones where you will never see us is too difficult , right ? You and your friends never add or come in groups, right ? Running around with BDs as backup is a better playstyle, right ? Lulz, bunch of hipocrites....

Sepplord wrote: i don't care what playstyle someone has, wishing such things onto other people is seriously fucked up and says a lot more about you than them

We ve recieved far worse messages than that and don´t care what sad creatures say or think about us. Let them expose themselves, we always have a good laugh about them.
Thu 31 Oct 2019 1:34 PM by Horus
Riac wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 7:38 PM
Horus wrote:
inoeth wrote:

whats your chars name?

Check your dmg logs. Whomever is hitting you the hardest from range is prob me. Doubt there are many rangers running around with 68 bow, 370 dex (396 with red bard base dex), and lots of Falcon Eye (then again maybe there are. I don't know what people spec these days).
Thu 31 Oct 2019 4:28 PM by Keelia
I read like 3 posts the realized it was literally all stealthers crying, moved on to things in the game that actually matter.
Thu 31 Oct 2019 4:57 PM by Riac
Horus wrote:
Thu 31 Oct 2019 1:34 PM
Riac wrote:
Wed 30 Oct 2019 7:38 PM
Horus wrote:

whats your chars name?

Check your dmg logs. Whomever is hitting you the hardest from range is prob me. Doubt there are many rangers running around with 68 bow, 370 dex (396 with red bard base dex), and lots of Falcon Eye (then again maybe there are. I don't know what people spec these days).

considering almost every ranger is a cheese dick bow ranger these days, id say youre wrong. theres a shitload of rr7+ rangers on this server that ive never even seen before, mainly because they never leave the zerg.

kinda lol you dont wanna give up char name. i guess it because you know youre playing like a scumbag and dont want the repercussions that come along with that.
Thu 31 Oct 2019 4:57 PM by Riac
Keelia wrote:
Thu 31 Oct 2019 4:28 PM
I read like 3 posts the realized it was literally all stealthers crying, moved on to things in the game that actually matter.

keep it moven then.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics