Why Do Valewalkers Not Have Dual Threat?

Started 11 Sep 2019
by ExcretusMaximus
in Ask the Team
They're as much a hybrid as Champions, Reavers, and Thanes.
Wed 11 Sep 2019 6:36 AM by REVOLTE
...that is an excellent question tbh.
+1
Wed 11 Sep 2019 7:48 AM by Kampfar
Skalds also miss that
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:23 PM by Kevan89
Kampfar wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 7:48 AM
Skalds also miss that
+1
That would give a bit of love to a class that is really suffering out there atm.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:27 PM by kiectred
Kevan89 wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:23 PM
Kampfar wrote:
Skalds also miss that
+1
That would give a bit of love to a class that is really suffering out there atm.

Skalds? Suffering? How?
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:28 PM by chryso
I have a skald and believe me, they are suffering. I die every day.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:47 PM by Razur Ur
chryso wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:28 PM
I have a skald and believe me, they are suffering. I die every day.

You made my day lol :-D
Tue 17 Sep 2019 3:46 PM by Kevan89
kiectred wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:27 PM
Kevan89 wrote:
Kampfar wrote:
Skalds also miss that
+1

Skalds? Suffering? How?
Is not that they are unplayable, but in 1vs1 they kind of suffer, no CC apart for a single mezz with a insignificant duration (someone with high det would be mezz for nothing), no reliable stun style to land (everytime to land the second hit without an evade/parry/block is like a celebration).
PS: basic average player speaking here, prolly is just me that is trash.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 4:48 PM by Frigzy
Kevan89 wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 3:46 PM
Is not that they are unplayable, but in 1vs1 they kind of suffer, no CC apart for a single mezz with a insignificant duration (someone with high det would be mezz for nothing), no reliable stun style to land (everytime to land the second hit without an evade/parry/block is like a celebration).

You prolly are just thrash yes.

Skalds are one of the strongest solo classes in the game and should really not even have access to Determination. They're too strong if anything.

Keep practicing.

By the way you got speed 6, use it wisely.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 7:20 PM by kiectred
Kevan89 wrote:
kiectred wrote:
Kevan89 wrote:
+1

Skalds? Suffering? How?

You've got a snare as well, why didn't you mention that?

Skalds are pretty OP 1v1. I play a friar though, and admittedly the vast majority don't give me much trouble, but they're stout. Other guy was a bit rude calling you trash, but agreed with the idea that practicing smart play makes a skald significantly tougher.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 7:50 PM by Enyore
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 6:19 AM
They're as much a hybrid as Champions, Reavers, and Thanes.

Agreed +2
Wed 18 Sep 2019 10:50 AM by REVOLTE
im against skalds having access to dual threat, since they should not be seen as a hybrid but rather as a music class which play in their own league RA-wise.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 12:45 PM by Cadebrennus
Kevan89 wrote:
kiectred wrote:
Kevan89 wrote:
+1

Skalds? Suffering? How?

If you're specifically trying to land a style for the effect and not the damage, swap to 1hand and shield, and use the fastest weapon possible. Then swap back to your 2hander for the high growth rate damage styles.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 2:02 PM by Razur Ur
This is well ask why have Thane Dual Threat and Valewalker not? Thane have Spec Nuke and Valewalker have Spec Nuke. Normal need thane ra Dual Threat removed!
Thu 19 Sep 2019 6:58 PM by gruenesschaf
In principle there is nothing that would make dual threat really unfitting for them, however, the basic reason why is that they count as list caster (as they have the same base class as animists) and hence could use focus as well as have a base crit chance on their spells whereas non list casters have a 0% base crit chance on spells. Considering that we don't really have base classes anyways, it probably wouldn't be too far fetched to just remove their list caster status and allow dual threat.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 7:29 PM by Cadebrennus
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 6:58 PM
In principle there is nothing that would make dual threat really unfitting for them, however, the basic reason why is that they count as list caster (as they have the same base class as animists) and hence could use focus as well as have a base crit chance on their spells whereas non list casters have a 0% base crit chance on spells. Considering that we don't really have base classes anyways, it probably wouldn't be too far fetched to just remove their list caster status and allow dual threat.

Interesting. So would you remove the ability to use a focus as well as lower their base crit chance to 0% in order to qualify for dual threat?
Thu 19 Sep 2019 8:24 PM by chryso
I would expect that this would also remove their ability to use lower levels of spells that get upgraded as you level/spec in a line.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 8:36 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:

Oof, nevermind, I retract my question!

Let's pretend you never saw this.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 1:25 AM by Boltman
Or you could make them like thanes, who both get dual threat and benefit from focus....
Fri 20 Sep 2019 6:46 AM by Razur Ur
gruenesschaf wrote:

Why have a Thane Dual Threat? This Charakter profit to much from this RA because of Stormcalling Spec Nuke :-/. All another Hybrid Class Champ, Skald and Reaver
have only DD´s for effective crit use by Dual Threat.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 12:50 PM by eclipse2k
Because of exactly what gruenesschaf wrote in the exact post you actually quoted:
Thanes aren't list casters, don't get focus boni, and don't have a 10% base crit chance on their casts.
Tue 24 Sep 2019 2:09 PM by Ardri
gruenesschaf wrote:

Yes, please. I'll be watching the patch notes
Tue 24 Sep 2019 4:26 PM by Sleepwell
So in essence their base crit chance will be removed, and then they would be allowed access to an RA that would allow them regain their crit chance?

Removing their status as base caster would also remove their ability to use focus. Does this mean that most VW's use player crafted schythes with a focus stone sc'd or another piece of gear with focus on it???
Tue 24 Sep 2019 5:01 PM by Aidereh
Don't forget about acuity buffs.
Thu 26 Sep 2019 4:50 AM by Ardri
Ardri wrote:
Tue 24 Sep 2019 2:09 PM
gruenesschaf wrote:

Yes, please. I'll be watching the patch notes

Wait no, don't remove their caster status lol. I thought you meant just make them able to spec dual threat. Otherwise, this is just a massive nerf. Give up free 10% crit chance, acuity buff affectiveness, and focus from staffs.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics