BM - Solo and Smallman Spec - discussion

Started 17 Sep 2019
by BashPi
in Hibernia
Hi there,

im thinking about pushing a blademaster and i am not sure which specs would be useful..depending on situations of course..

no pvm, just rvr. Mostly solo, sometimes small

50 Blunt / 50 CD / 28 Parry
-> After Parry 30% ats debuff + 2. style 10(!) sec stun
-> After Parry Bleeding (CD) on lvl 44
-> no slam!
-> Resists: Mid: all neutral, Alb: chain/studded resistant, plate/leather vulnerable

44CD / 42 Shield / 28 parry / ~36 weapn (blades)..depends on rr
-> slam!
-> After Parry Bleeding (CD) on lvl 44
-> Resists: Mid: all neutral, Alb: chain/studded resistant, plate/leather vulnerable

Is the slam worth the points? I don't think so....

I prefer Crush jsut because of the after parry combo. i hate the blade combos..
Tue 17 Sep 2019 5:05 PM by Freedomcall
I have never run my BM solo, so maybe other solo BMs can give you better ideas, but I do think Numb with positionals will be your bread and butter, not after parry.
After parry sounds decent, but only against melees. You don't get a chance to parry against, for example, casters that tries to kite.
You get 34% ats debuff with Supernova, and investing 50 on blunt only for that 10sec stun sounds more like a waste to me actually...
Tue 17 Sep 2019 5:44 PM by shintacki
50 CD, 42 shield, composite 52weapon, rest parry
Tue 17 Sep 2019 6:33 PM by Cadebrennus
If Blades then go with 39 Blades for the anytime ASR 2 part chain, especially if solo. 35 Shield is very doable, particularly in smallman or 8man. You won't miss Slam because it always gets purged anyways. Just use Numb when you need an anytime stun. The purpose of an anytime stun (imo) is not to put someone out of the game for 9 seconds, it's to a) stop them from running, b) interrupt their flow, whether it's a style chain or a cast rotation.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 8:18 AM by Razur Ur
I would spec

50 cd
39 blade
42 shild or 35 shild ( only back and side stun)
6 parry or 23 parry
Wed 18 Sep 2019 3:49 PM by Cadebrennus
Razur Ur wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 8:18 AM
I would spec

50 cd
39 blade
42 shild or 35 shild ( only back and side stun)
6 parry or 23 parry

Blade is the way to go for solo/smallman but if in a dedicated 8man/smallman I would go Pierce for the better armor table penetration.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 6:42 PM by BashPi
Thanks for your help! I will first try 50CD / 35 shield / 39Blades / 23 Parry

when im ready i will give some feedback
Wed 18 Sep 2019 6:50 PM by Cadebrennus
BashPi wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 6:42 PM
Thanks for your help! I will first try 50CD / 35 shield / 39Blades / 23 Parry

when im ready i will give some feedback

Go with 42 Shield if you can until you really get expert with positionals. Think of 42 Shield as "training wheels" until you can go full "pro-mode" and drop to 35 Shield.
Mon 23 Sep 2019 12:19 PM by Killaloth
If you smallman then Vs other smallman you will always fight Skald+something or Ministrel+something.

Pierce bonus on both skald and mini is a big plus. Also a tough smallman has cleric/shami/healers - all vulnerable to pierce.

Tough 1vs1 classes for a BM are Thane, Reaver, Mercs. Again all vulnerable to pierce.

Paladin will be the only unbeatable class. There is only 1 solo pally left on the server. Hunters are potentially tough but there are no good active hunters around afaik.

Also, stealthers will try to inc a pierce BM but would never inc a slash BM.
Mon 23 Sep 2019 12:47 PM by Cadebrennus
Killaloth wrote:
Mon 23 Sep 2019 12:19 PM
If you smallman then Vs other smallman you will always fight Skald+something or Ministrel+something.

Pierce bonus on both skald and mini is a big plus. Also a tough smallman has cleric/shami/healers - all vulnerable to pierce.

Tough 1vs1 classes for a BM are Thane, Reaver, Mercs. Again all vulnerable to pierce.

Paladin will be the only unbeatable class. There is only 1 solo pally left on the server. Hunters are potentially tough but there are no good active hunters around afaik.

Also, stealthers will try to inc a pierce BM but would never inc a slash BM.

Mon 23 Sep 2019 1:44 PM by Killaloth
Also, you don't need slam to win 1vs1, you need it to win 2vs1 or make rps in a Xvs1 situation. You will be fighting multiple opponents a lot of times.

Don't use any padding, don't use your cloak. Swim in the water as much as you can and you'll be surprised how many people will not spot you there.

Always let finish 1vs1 before getting your kill. If people get zerged before they do rps sometimes they don't come back. It's not you being nice to ppl, it's you being smart with your rps. Also if you let 1vs1 finish chances are that they will do the same with you.

Let weaker opponents win the odd fight, they will come back to try their luck again.

Always have your potion of lucidity ready but only use it defensively. You don't want stealthers getting mad at you but you want them to know that not a single vanish will pass without a stealth lore being popped.

Good luck, you are always on time to roll a champ if solo/smallman is your thing. Solo BM can be fun but it's much weaker than a Champ.
Mon 7 Oct 2019 9:08 AM by iamsaitam
Killaloth wrote:
Mon 23 Sep 2019 1:44 PM
Also, you don't need slam to win 1vs1, you need it to win 2vs1 or make rps in a Xvs1 situation. You will be fighting multiple opponents a lot of times.

Don't use any padding, don't use your cloak. Swim in the water as much as you can and you'll be surprised how many people will not spot you there.

Always let finish 1vs1 before getting your kill. If people get zerged before they do rps sometimes they don't come back. It's not you being nice to ppl, it's you being smart with your rps. Also if you let 1vs1 finish chances are that they will do the same with you.

Let weaker opponents win the odd fight, they will come back to try their luck again.

Always have your potion of lucidity ready but only use it defensively. You don't want stealthers getting mad at you but you want them to know that not a single vanish will pass without a stealth lore being popped.

Good luck, you are always on time to roll a champ if solo/smallman is your thing. Solo BM can be fun but it's much weaker than a Champ.

I just started soloing with my BM.. not so sure on the 1vs1 argument about slam, definitely gets you a big advantage if someone doesn't purge it (aka non-assassins).
On the other hand, make sure to go with a weaponless template so you can get weapons with different procs.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics