Or will all these styles be useless?
Fri 13 Sep 2019 5:57 PM by Cadebrennus
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 5:20 PM
I’m planning on going 44 or 50 CD.
How does CS damage work?
If it’s 10 or 15 or 18 or 21 backstab2/thighcut/garrote/PA
Or will all these styles be useless?

IMO PA is useless without CD. BS2 is going to be your bread and butter for the stun.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 6:02 PM by vxr
They wont all be useless. BS/PA will be useful to break bubble and stun.
Garrot is an anytime snare which definitely has it's use. Not sure if thigh cutter will be useful if you have low CS.

What IRC is that you should go CS spec at low RR and then if you wanted to CD at higher RR. I am not sure if that only applies to SB, but I think that was the consensus for SB and NS, but not so much for infils because they have more spec points. Not saying that CD wouldn't work at low RR just not optimal.

Both the level 44 and 50 CD styles are the third part of three-part chain. Not sure how often you will be able to land them. So if your specing for for those styles, you might want to consider that.

Please, I don't see enough people use ice storm. It was my favorite style when I played Ranger/NS on live.

There are a couple of good NS that post here. I am sure they could give you better advice.
Fri 13 Sep 2019 8:25 PM by gotwqqd
vxr wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 6:02 PM
Garrot is an anytime snare which definitely has it's use. Not sure if thigh cutter will be useful if you have low CS.

What IRC is that you should go CS spec at low RR and then if you wanted to CD at higher RR. I am not sure if that only applies to SB, but I think that was the consensus for SB and NS, but not so much for infils because they have more spec points. Not saying that CD wouldn't work at low RR just not optimal.

Both the level 44 and 50 CD styles are the third part of three-part chain. Not sure how often you will be able to land them. So if your specing for for those styles, you might want to consider that.

Please, I don't see enough people use ice storm. It was my favorite style when I played Ranger/NS on live.

There are a couple of good NS that post here. I am sure they could give you better advice.

I played a non cs ns on live and used the side stun
I had little issue with not having cs
So it looks like I’ll go
36/36/36/50/10
Until I get RR5 then I’ll get the garrote for added utility
Sun 15 Sep 2019 9:13 PM by Freedomcall
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 8:25 PM
vxr wrote:

So it looks like I’ll go
36/36/36/50/10

This is not live, and styles on phoenix has different chain/utility/growthrate.
The fundamental problem of CD here is the lack of good anytimer.
There is no style such as Duel shadows or Doublefrost on CD.
And CD styles have really poor growthrate compared to those of LA.

Just open Phoenix Charplanner and have a look at it yourself.
I'm one of the people who is very fond of LA50/DW50 build here, but can't agree on CD50 spec.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 11:39 PM by Cadebrennus
Freedomcall wrote:
Sun 15 Sep 2019 9:13 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 13 Sep 2019 8:25 PM
vxr wrote:

So it looks like I’ll go
36/36/36/50/10

This is not live, and styles on phoenix has different chain/utility/growthrate.
The fundamental problem of CD here is the lack of good anytimer.
There is no style such as Duel shadows or Doublefrost on CD.
And CD styles have really poor growthrate compared to those of LA.

Just open Phoenix Charplanner and have a look at it yourself.
I'm one of the people who is very fond of LA50/DW50 build here, but can't agree on CD50 spec.

Agree 100%. Celtic Dual is useful for one of two things:
1) low CD for the side stun and rear snare.
2) high CD for the higher offhand swing percentage as long as you don't need the points elsewhere.

That's it. It's pretty sad.

I like to go low CD with high Blades because the growth rates on Blades styles are actually pretty good. For an NS I suggest relying on your CS spec for damage.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Hibernia or the latest topics