WTS daoc server consulting services.

Started 29 Aug 2019
by Raunz
in Suggestions
I only charge a moderate fee to provide my extensive knowledge how to make daoc great again. This is no troll, you clearly need some advice.

Best regards!
Raunz
Thu 29 Aug 2019 6:49 AM by Estat
Have you considered making another game great again? Like Warhammer online or SW: TOR? That would be cool!
Thu 29 Aug 2019 7:30 AM by Kaziera
Somebodys ego is a little bit too big......
Thu 29 Aug 2019 7:33 AM by Uthred
Im the only troll in here!

And out of curiosity, how much do you charge? Asking for a friend of course.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 10:11 AM by Raunz
Uthred wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 7:33 AM
Im the only troll in here!

And out of curiosity, how much do you charge? Asking for a friend of course.

I offered my services for free but as i got censored i will accept modest fee of some Beetcoin, also i would offer my services for free if i would get veto powers of every single decision you guys make related to patch or balance for the sole reason to make DAOC great again and save this great game!
Fri 30 Aug 2019 12:10 PM by keen
Just learn coding, do your own server. Is not that hard to get started.
Since you seem to be a person noone would ever would like to work with, you have to do it yourself I guess, but see this as a first step help:
https://stackoverflow.com/
Learn to fly little bird.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 1:21 PM by Raunz
keen wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 12:10 PM
Just learn coding, do your own server. Is not that hard to get started.
Since you seem to be a person noone would ever would like to work with, you have to do it yourself I guess, but see this as a first step help:
https://stackoverflow.com/
Learn to fly little bird.

keen the biggest troll in daoc since that "other" server forum days, any post that suggest anything good and would help daoc you are right there to talk some nonsense.

How are you not still not banned, 100% wow player.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 3:43 PM by Nefcait
If you're talking rvr balance Im curious about the first 3 things that you would change if you had control, maybe we can get a little discussion going among people who know what they are talking about
Fri 30 Aug 2019 7:16 PM by Ardri
Even if you paid them they wouldn't let you touch phoenix. No troll.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 8:26 PM by Raunz
Nefcait wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 3:43 PM
If you're talking rvr balance Im curious about the first 3 things that you would change if you had control, maybe we can get a little discussion going among people who know what they are talking about

1. Either go back to old realm abilities or put TOA In, not nessecerally the zones but just have ML credits for bounty points or even feathers.
2. Remove timer and fire anyone who thought it was a good idea, also unban anyone who got banned for bypassing the timer.
3. Few balance things like giving mid casters spirit baseline nuke no matter what the nr1 thing decision would be.
4. I would actually put variance back too, it just feels very strange to not have it, I can't put my finger on what's wrong with not having it but feels off for sure.

Nothing crazy, they already know all this and more as I spammed game-advice daily but they do not want to listen, for some odd reason they think they understand daoc more then me, very strange indeed.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 12:20 PM by chryso
Why do you think spirit baseline nuke is so important? Everyone can cap everything on this server easily so it's not like a lot of people are running around without spirit resist. Even if that were the case then as soon as you added a spirit nuke to mid then everyone would make sure to cap it at that point.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 2:39 PM by gotwqqd
chryso wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 12:20 PM
Why do you think spirit baseline nuke is so important? Everyone can cap everything on this server easily so it's not like a lot of people are running around without spirit resist. Even if that were the case then as soon as you added a spirit nuke to mid then everyone would make sure to cap it at that point.

Maybe some other class has a debuff for it?
Sat 31 Aug 2019 2:43 PM by ExcretusMaximus
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 2:39 PM
Maybe some other class has a debuff for it?

Spiritmasters, which would give them the chance to play like Enchanters, Wizards, Runemasters, and Cabalists.

I don't understand why it's so important to him though.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 3:24 PM by Raunz
You see me having to explain why it is so important proves my point aswell that having public discussion with people who have very limited understanding of the game is just complete waste of time. That goes for GM'S too, just listen and stop pretending like you understand anything.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 4:53 PM by gotwqqd
Raunz wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 3:24 PM
You see me having to explain why it is so important proves my point aswell that having public discussion with people who have very limited understanding of the game is just complete waste of time. That goes for GM'S too, just listen and stop pretending like you understand anything.

Stop making it seem like you need to be some intellectual savant in order to “understand” the game.

Your take on base spirit damage is just your subjective opinion.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 7:31 PM by Raunz
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 4:53 PM
Raunz wrote:

Stop making it seem like you need to be some intellectual savant in order to “understand” the game.

Not savant at all, there are many people i know who have far more extensive knowledge and understanding of the game then me, my point is you people on this forum are clueless. Same thing happened on Uthgard forums, masses of clueless people come in and voice their opinions and ruin the server.

nr1 mistake you can do is listen to masses and think that when you can code shit that you understand what is good for the game, there is a reason e-sports titles have balance teams consistent with ex pro players and they ask the high level players for imput on things.

Here is a example of a clueless dev that refused to listen to me:

To: Raunz

Hello Raunz,

different players have different tastes. You can't say no players come back, especially not with upcoming changes which will address other pain points.

You can't just assume the DAoC community is a homogene mass and all of these players want the same. Today I got a PM by a frustrated player who gave up after seeing our newest changes. He was not ok with DET3 and removal of AT. I can only say that there are always players who like a certain setting while others do not. But you should not assume that all are equal and want the same.

Blue

Where the server at now? the things he says here is just mindblowingly stupid, he should be coding shit people tell him to not freaking run a server and make decisions.

Best regards
Raunz
Sat 31 Aug 2019 7:39 PM by Raunz
Raunz wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 7:31 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 4:53 PM
Raunz wrote:

Not savant at all, there are many people i know who have far more extensive knowledge and understanding of the game then me, my point is you people on this forum are clueless. Same thing happened on Uthgard forums, masses of clueless people come in and voice their opinions and ruin the server.

nr1 mistake you can do is listen to masses and think that when you can code shit that you understand what is good for the game, there is a reason e-sports titles have balance teams consistent with ex pro players and they ask the high level players for imput on things.

Here is a example of a clueless dev that refused to listen to me:

To: Raunz

Hello Raunz,

different players have different tastes. You can't say no players come back, especially not with upcoming changes which will address other pain points.

You can't just assume the DAoC community is a homogene mass and all of these players want the same. Today I got a PM by a frustrated player who gave up after seeing our newest changes. He was not ok with DET3 and removal of AT. I can only say that there are always players who like a certain setting while others do not. But you should not assume that all are equal and want the same.

Blue

Where the server at now? the things he says here is just mindblowingly stupid, he should be coding shit people tell him to not freaking run a server and make decisions.

Best regards
Raunz

He got one thing right tho "should not assume that all are equal and want the same." that is 100% correct, most people are wrong most of the time.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 7:54 PM by defiasbandit
Raunz, did you notice how the server and population went downhill after I left?
Sat 31 Aug 2019 9:34 PM by Patron
Im thankfull for Blue, he gave us daoc freeshardengine.
But sadly his vision for Uthgard was corrupted and he and his staff lost corestaffy because of bad decisions. And he gave up his own project, so i guess he is not consultable. But funny thing raunz.
Hell i miss Tajendi and the good old times.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 9:43 PM by Hector
Raunz please list in bullet point format what changes you would make
Sat 31 Aug 2019 10:21 PM by Raunz
Hector wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 9:43 PM

I can give my list but staff would actually need to consider it and this is perfect time to reset this server with everyone playing wow for couple of months. First they need to realize it's the hardcore 8vs8 people that keep this game alive, the plebs are just along for the ride no matter what they say or think.
Unban everyone and stop banning people, you have ignore button for a reason and all this other nosense they have banned people for is irrelevant even the hack users.
Here is example, take Oscar he been using speedhack since Genesis and every single group knew that he does, it's obvious but he still feeds and he is part of the daoc community, he is a living meme and spices things up.
There is not that many people left playing this game and when you ban even one whole guilds fall apart.
Put ego aside and remove the realm timer and number of other things you made up for no reason at all that just hurt the server and make it unfun for players.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 10:34 PM by gotwqqd
Raunz wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 10:21 PM
Hector wrote:

I can give my list but staff would actually need to consider it and this is perfect time to reset this server with everyone playing wow for couple of months. First they need to realize it's the hardcore 8vs8 people that keep this game alive, the plebs are just along for the ride no matter what they say or think.
Unban everyone and stop banning people, you have ignore button for a reason and all this other nosense they have banned people for is irrelevant even the hack users.
Here is example, take Oscar he been using speedhack since Genesis and every single group knew that he does, it's obvious but he still feeds and he is part of the daoc community, he is a living meme and spices things up.
There is not that many people left playing this game and when you ban even one whole guilds fall apart.
Put ego aside and remove the realm timer and number of other things you made up for no reason at all that just hurt the server and make it unfun for players.
Yea
I’d be so happy resetting after making a stable of 50’s on hib and salvage/farming class on each realm

I could live with erasing gold feathers and gear maybe even realm points
But losing my crafting and leveling no
Sat 31 Aug 2019 11:00 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Raunz wrote:

Translation: It's not important, it's just the talking point I have chosen to plant my flag on this week until I piss off the devs again and they take another hardcore stance against me and my ideas.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 11:01 PM by sabyrtuth
The realm timer should not be a thing at all, but ya lost me at letting hacks run rampant.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 7:23 AM by Chaskha
Let me be the devil's advocate. As much as I dislike Raunz behaviour and way to express himself which discredit him a lot (dude, honestly, you don't catch flies with acid), he is making sense if you dig a bit.

What he is saying is that what people WANT is sometimes not what they NEED.
Balance is not about people's taste as Blue described (not to mention the lolz hypocrisy when you know Uthgard), it's putting in place per realm mechanics articulated around the group that even the group battle win-lose as much as possible.
Zergs will always get an advantage, if you throw 5 TWF it doesn't mean it has to be nerfed. Zergs is just the big numbers and brainless despite the leaders good will. Zerg should just be ignored. Not because it's plebs or worthless players but because they CHOOSE to go for low skill victories.

To be clear, my type and favorite daoc gaming style is 2fg, I believe red is dead and I don't give the slightest f**k about the concept of adding (this is war not arena organized brawls).

Point is, Raunz, it's time to learn to speak to people and get off your pedestal, you may indeed have valuable point to convey. Just become a damn polite human.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 9:06 AM by Raunz
I'm communicating like I do right now for a reason as it clearly gets attention, when I tried to talk to the devs all thru out beta and after release they just full censor me and ban me from discord.

When i tried to rally the people to stand up to stupidity and have them remove the realm timer, there was some quote witch pretty much said because I went on about it in a toxic way so they wont do shit out of spite or ego.

How sad is that that.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 9:22 AM by Nunki
Raunz wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 10:21 PM
Hector wrote:
"... Unban everyone and stop banning people, you have ignore button for a reason and all this other nosense they have banned people for is irrelevant even the hack users.
Here is example, take Oscar he been using speedhack since Genesis and every single group knew that he does, it's obvious but he still feeds and he is part of the daoc community, he is a living meme and spices things up. ..."

Honestly.
Do people still argue with Raunz?
Read his statement above.
Most obvious troll ever and not even funny.

Changes I recommend:
- Create a "Troll" Sub-Forum
- Limit Raunz ability to post/comment things to that Troll-Forum
- Safe a lot of time and play Phoenix instead.

@Raunz: When will we see your server? 24 ppl population, 8x8 elitists only. Would be wonderful to jump in from time to time and hear the flaming about adding in region chat.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 9:28 AM by Frigzy
Hardcore 8v8 players are not what make or break the server. It's the combination of both casuals and hardcore players that does the trick. A server that caters only to one of those groups will inevitably lose interest of the other.

Sure, you need the 8v8 crew to push the limits of their characters and group dynamics to get a grip on balance, but you just as easily need the casual players to pinpoint the areas where their playstyle is undermined.

Ideally you have a server that stimulates co-existence of both playstyles. You may forward yourself as an advocate for the 8man community, but saying the above and at the same time justifying hacks makes you hardly qualified to speak for anything else, let alone the server as a whole.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 10:05 AM by Raunz
The zergs will exist no matter what the balance or the ruleset is unless it's PvP and nothing wrong with it, they can do their own thing but this server is very anti 8vs8 community, dude i dislike half the people in that community but without them you have no competition so instead of banning people mute/punish people without banning people in a dying game.

Are you people really not outraged, there are 822 topics in Bans section on this forum and most of the threads have multible accounts banned.

Look at this August ban wave post.

To determine your individual ban duration, the rule of thumb is:
Multi-account on same realm: 3-day ban for the 1st account; perma for all others
Multi-account on different realms: 7-day ban for the 1st account, perma for all others
Creating new account while temp-banned: perma for all accounts
2nd incident of multi-account: perma for all accounts

Most of the bans are people trying to bypass a realm timer that should not even be a thing.

I find this whole thing disgusting, totally unnecessary bans if you just removed the timer.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 11:45 AM by Ceen
Play on Alteri with your banned friends, problem solved.
If you want to play on a high pop server you better learn to deal with other people, even though it's sad you didn't learn it in your childhood. But it's never too late.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:40 PM by Chaskha
Raunz wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 9:06 AM
I'm communicating like I do right now for a reason as it clearly gets attention, when I tried to talk to the devs all thru out beta and after release they just full censor me and ban me from discord.

When i tried to rally the people to stand up to stupidity and have them remove the realm timer, there was some quote witch pretty much said because I went on about it in a toxic way so they wont do shit out of spite or ego.

How sad is that that.

Raunz, I talked with you on discord before you were banned and the issue was already the same. You ruin your good points by being entitled, aggressive and looking down to opinion of "the plebs".

It's sad but you command those kind of reactions of spite. You gotta stop treating people like they are dumb dogs (even if you think they are... it's not hypocrisy, it's diplomacy).

Also, think a bit further about unbanning cheaters. Nobody gives a **** about xrealmers, nobody is "a spy" in the voice comm era by playing 2 or 3 realms but people speedhacking or using radar ? That stance discredit all your good points (again, learn diplomacy).
Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:58 PM by Onnit
Changes need to be made and soon or this is quickly gonna be uthgard repeat with no players.

The realm timer and amount of banned players for this is beyond retarded.

Also this pve event sounds terrible and really just highlights how out of touch the staff are, give us a PvP event already.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 1:48 PM by Killaloth
Onnit wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:58 PM
Changes need to be made and soon or this is quickly gonna be uthgard repeat with no players.

The realm timer and amount of banned players for this is beyond retarded.

Also this pve event sounds terrible and really just highlights how out of touch the staff are, give us a PvP event already.

"need to be made" "give us" ?

I don't know where you live but in London a capable developer earns £500 a day as a basic salary in the finance or banking sector. Much more than that if you are a contractor.

Every single line of coding on this server is FREE for everyone.

No one has the right to say "I want" "give me" coz you are not a customer and you paid nothing.

You can politely ask if devs could spare some time in their rl to implement something. If it comes it comes, if it doesn't it's all good.

If you cannot go to sleep and wait a 12hrs timer to switch realm I'm afraid you are retarded.

Phoenix is a perfectly playable server as it is now.

Dark Dawn were ruling with high RR Hib group and will be ruling with their rr3 Alb grp because they are skilled.

You are so retarded that you got banned? You can be ready for rvr in 1 week and rule the server with your rr3 toon if you are skilled.

Everything I see on this forum is just whining and complaining. Quite disappointing considering the average age of DAOC players. Grow up guys.

Thanks Devs for your work, I would still be happy if you transform the head of my char into a hairy testicle. At the end of the day it's not me paying for the server.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 3:23 PM by Raunz
Ceen wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 11:45 AM
Play on Alteri with your banned friends, problem solved.
If you want to play on a high pop server you better learn to deal with other people, even though it's sad you didn't learn it in your childhood. But it's never too late.

This guy is so salty since Genesis, love it!
Sun 1 Sep 2019 3:43 PM by Raunz
Chaskha wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:40 PM
Raunz wrote:

How sad is that that.

Raunz, I talked with you on discord before you were banned and the issue was already the same. You ruin your good points by being entitled, aggressive and looking down to opinion of "the plebs".

It's sad but you command those kind of reactions of spite. You gotta stop treating people like they are dumb dogs (even if you think they are... it's not hypocrisy, it's diplomacy).

Also, think a bit further about unbanning cheaters. Nobody gives a **** about xrealmers, nobody is "a spy" in the voice comm era by playing 2 or 3 realms but people speedhacking or using radar ? That stance discredit all your good points (again, learn diplomacy).

I agree with you about the hackers mostly but majority of the bans are for x-realms or trying to bypass it, my point about one guy is there was no need to remove realm points from everyone that was in that one cheaters guild, all that did was make them all stop playing.
But i still disagree with just perma banning people for that kind of stuff, sure they cheat so just 7day ban them and shame them publicly that is far more worse punishment then perma banning people and destroying whole group as a result of that.
I would be upset if it was someone actually competitive using hacks but if it's just feeding memers who cares, just adds another fun aspect.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 3:47 PM by keen
Raunz defending his radar friends, cute.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 3:53 PM by Raunz
keen wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 3:47 PM

Don't even care what he used and that's my point, if that is so bad then how is x-realming same punishment as that? X-Realming is a meme and shouldn't be a thing.

This keen guy literally follows me around years and comments on every post i make since Genesis, fanboi or stalker either way very creepy kid.

Or maybe you a chick, i can link you my Tinder profile and we can talk.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 4:23 PM by keen
Raunz wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 3:53 PM
keen wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 3:47 PM

Don't even care what he used and that's my point, if that is so bad then how is x-realming same punishment as that? X-Realming is a meme and shouldn't be a thing.

This keen guy literally follows me around years and comments on every post i make since Genesis, fanboi or stalker either way very creepy kid.

Or maybe you a chick, i can link you my Tinder profile and we can talk.
I am very sorry but I have better things to do than to comment on all the b.s. you post I just pin point the most ridiculous ones. Feel free to check your post history.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 5:14 PM by Chaskha
Raunz wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 3:43 PM
Chaskha wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 12:40 PM
Raunz wrote:

How sad is that that.

I agree with you about the hackers mostly but majority of the bans are for x-realms or trying to bypass it, my point about one guy is there was no need to remove realm points from everyone that was in that one cheaters guild, all that did was make them all stop playing.
But i still disagree with just perma banning people for that kind of stuff, sure they cheat so just 7day ban them and shame them publicly that is far more worse punishment then perma banning people and destroying whole group as a result of that.
I would be upset if it was someone actually competitive using hacks but if it's just feeding memers who cares, just adds another fun aspect.
I'm against punishing everyone for the deeds of one but if you know someone radar, you should tell him to stop and accept the risk of a penalty when he is caught if you still play with him and he won't stop.
I'm also in favor of strike 1 before the bans but someone cheating should be perma ban if he can't help himself.
Shaming, well, it works so why not. A good reset of RR, all titles cleared and a forced title "I need to cheat in DAoC lol" for a good 2d of /played and of course, the dude would be worth 5xRPs so everyone in the enemy realms also know they killed a cheater. I like that idea.
But second strike is perma ban.
I agree xrealm isn't a thing anymore. There should be a timer imho but a small one like 2h or 4h. This would prevent most convenience switching and allow friends to play over different realms. That is the point of interest anyway, what is the timer for? Spy is no more an argument. Convenience switching (join the winning zerg / relic take band wagon / ...) I think we want to avoid this. Is there another reason? Maybe. There is no point in not being flexible.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 7:05 PM by Raunz
How many times have people not being able to play because you or someone else got a timer and can't login to X realm. Just unbelievable it's still a thing.
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:47 AM by Sepplord
are you guys still feeding raunz?

just stop giving him attention
Mon 2 Sep 2019 9:17 AM by Raunz
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 2 Sep 2019 6:47 AM
are you guys still feeding raunz?

just stop giving him attention

Thank you for the attention.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics