Ani and warden nerf revisited.

Started 23 Aug 2019
by relvinian
in Ask the Team
1. ani nerf was one of the harshest nerfs of any class in the game.
2. TWF nerf hit warden the hardest. Reavers can still kick ass and bds can still kick ass but not a warden.
3. Originally, the only class which had twf was the warden, then the other classes got twf and warden got shield spec.
4. the other two realms are enjoying considerably higher population.

Do you have any plans to help Hib?

Is it possible to adjust the ani nerf?
Fri 23 Aug 2019 5:59 PM by chryso
No, you should leave hib. Maybe make a necro or something.
Fri 23 Aug 2019 8:03 PM by The Skies Asunder
I haven't been on much over the last couple months, but I usually keep reading the forums, and patch notes. A Warden buff would be a big draw for me to log in more often. I realize this isn't ToA, and Warden won't ever be that class on this server (much to my dismay), but it really is just... blah, in its current state.
Fri 23 Aug 2019 8:21 PM by Cadebrennus
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Fri 23 Aug 2019 8:03 PM
I haven't been on much over the last couple months, but I usually keep reading the forums, and patch notes. A Warden buff would be a big draw for me to log in more often. I realize this isn't ToA, and Warden won't ever be that class on this server (much to my dismay), but it really is just... blah, in its current state.

My bud, one of the top Wardens ever, said the exact same thing. Shield spec alone would fix the class without making it OP'ed.
Fri 23 Aug 2019 8:46 PM by relvinian
Also, bd, you know that weak and underpowered class, got that tweak on its pets so they can pick their dmg type or whatever.

Enchanter melee pets suck. I mean they suck.

Anymore bd buffs in the works?
Fri 23 Aug 2019 9:04 PM by DustwalkerTM
Yeah give Warden Shield so we can cut the Hero and get a 4th Caster back while keeping slam for det Tanks!

lol
Fri 23 Aug 2019 9:51 PM by ExcretusMaximus
DustwalkerTM wrote:
Fri 23 Aug 2019 9:04 PM
Yeah give Warden Shield so we can cut the Hero and get a 4th Caster back while keeping slam for det Tanks!

Yeah, it certainly wouldn't make Warden too powerful though, so let's ignore the ramifications of group composition and just pretend that Wardens are a solo-only class!
Fri 23 Aug 2019 10:11 PM by Slysah
Not really Jeff, just hate to see the little guy always get the short end of the stick. No forester would call me back just hit a raw nerve
Sun 25 Aug 2019 11:51 AM by relvinian
its Sunday morning and there are 200 hibs in game and the alb bg has 70 people they have taken every single hib tower and keep damn near.

This is fine.

Sun 25 Aug 2019 2:29 PM by Hector
Relvinian, if you think wardens suck because of the TWF nerf you are being feeble minded and selfish, quite frankly. Warden is absolutely OP in groups. Sorry you can't drop TWF on a zerg and get rps anymore. Maybe now youll need to learn the class and play the support role it is designed to be. And enchanter melee pets suck? Yeah it does. Caster pet is OP as shit though. Another point where you totally pick the most obscure minor detail to complain about without any considertion for the fact that the caster is the best castable pet in the game. Classic Relvinian post its just comical now.
Sun 25 Aug 2019 6:18 PM by relvinian
Yeah

alb 514
Mid 448
hib 329

This is fine.

Sun 25 Aug 2019 8:13 PM by Nikel
I have played live daoc for some years, grew tired of Hib never being a leading realm,. They nerfed the animist because hib was winning, on live, all because of whinning of other realms. So hear i came to Phoenix, and what happens? you bend to complainers about Animists, how unfair
Sun 25 Aug 2019 8:55 PM by relvinian
alb 446
mid 440
hib 368

Why? I used to troubleshoot things and ask people when was the last time it worked. And they would say things like before i did x, y, z.

That is the point, the entire point i am trying to make here.

Devs did do something. And it made a difference.

How can it be made right?
Sun 25 Aug 2019 11:21 PM by kiectred
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 23 Aug 2019 8:21 PM
The Skies Asunder wrote:

My bud, one of the top Wardens ever, said the exact same thing. Shield spec alone would fix the class without making it OP'ed.

Who said that? Because another top warden (Efke) said literally the exact opposite.
Sun 25 Aug 2019 11:54 PM by Cadebrennus
kiectred wrote:
Sun 25 Aug 2019 11:21 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
The Skies Asunder wrote:

Who said that? Because another top warden (Efke) said literally the exact opposite.

Matt. To be specific, he said it would be OP in very specific player's hands, but not for the vast majority of Warden players, if that makes sense.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 6:51 AM by Sepplord
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 25 Aug 2019 11:54 PM
kiectred wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

Matt. To be specific, he said it would be OP in very specific player's hands, but not for the vast majority of Warden players, if that makes sense.

Mon 26 Aug 2019 6:54 AM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 6:51 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
kiectred wrote:

Why didn't you bold "vast majority of players"? You're just a troll at this point.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 7:18 AM by Sepplord
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 6:54 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 6:51 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:

Why didn't you bold "vast majority of players"? You're just a troll at this point.

oh, so balancing now happens at the medium skilllevel?

There are reasons why basically every single succesful game balances for the top-skilllevels, and there your bud said warden would be OP, yet you stated he said it would not make warden OP

but i am the troll
Mon 26 Aug 2019 7:46 AM by kiectred
Cadebrennus wrote:
kiectred wrote:
Cadebrennus wrote:

Dunno who Matt is but how does that even make sense. Shield spec isn't a difficult line to utilize, how would it be difficult for the majority.
Mon 26 Aug 2019 9:02 AM by Cadebrennus
kiectred wrote:
Mon 26 Aug 2019 7:46 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
kiectred wrote:

Dunno who Matt is but how does that even make sense. Shield spec isn't a difficult line to utilize, how would it be difficult for the majority.

He's an excellent player and one of the best Wardens on Live. He also wrote a guide for Wardens on postcount;

http://www.postcount.net/forum/showthread.php?156259-The-care-and-feeding-of-Wardens-(updated-warden-guide)

He was here briefly on Phoenix during beta, and was an absolute beast in duels even without Shield spec, simply because he really knew how to play a Warden well. There's maybe two or three players in the entire game who could do that, so with Shield spec they would be even better. However if the average player got Shield spec without the extra spec points that went along with it they would still be average imo. The OP'ed ones would be 2-3 players at most.
Tue 27 Aug 2019 11:36 AM by DustwalkerTM
"was briefly here" " beast in duels"

dude .. srsly? put away ur anecdotal facts.

neither should any game be balanched around low/med skillcap players, nor should daoc ever be balanched around 1on1
Tue 27 Aug 2019 6:36 PM by Cadebrennus
DustwalkerTM wrote:
Tue 27 Aug 2019 11:36 AM
"was briefly here" " beast in duels"

dude .. srsly? put away ur anecdotal facts.

neither should any game be balanched around low/med skillcap players, nor should daoc ever be balanched around 1on1

More than anecdotal. This guy literally wrote the Warden guide. He tested various specs at 50 during beta, because that is what beta was for.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics