I complained about this in beta.

Take a look at this:

1. I was pa by inf.
2. an infection effects you.
3. you have been poisoned.
4. You seem weaker (str/con)
5. you cannot move.
6. I purge.
7. Infection clears up. you purge urself of maladies. etc.
8. Inf hits me some more.
9. You are diseased (again)
10. You heal urself using heart of legion for 120. (actually reverse this i drink heal pot first.)
11. You drink a heal pot, no message about healing (can i not use both?) Looking back i realize that i died before i could use the heart.
12. You are slowed.
13. wack wack.
14. You are dead.

How am i supposed to win this? Understand my snare pet has hit this guy several times and HE is SLOWED.
Why can these assassins keep switching weapons and do all this crap. Why bother to purge anything? Disease? OK, ur diseased again.

I'm completely temped. I have 6 epic procs. I used str/con and str pots, had 1222 hits.

Please tell me how to beat this?
Thu 15 Aug 2019 12:59 PM by Pops999
They need to be able to kill tanks, your enchanter is just a speed bump.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 1:52 PM by Mavella
MoC3+ and try to out damage him or get a healer. It doesn't matter what poisons he uses if he can purge your QC stun and spam garrote on you. In fact he wouldn't really need to use any poisons at all. Moving erratically so he wiffs the PA and allowing yourself a little time to create a gap prior to the follow up garrote can help. It will also give your pet time to hopefully land a snare making it so you can kite more effectively.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 1:59 PM by Sepplord
did Relv sell his account? This doesn't look like one of his posts
Thu 15 Aug 2019 3:13 PM by Chopsticks
Your perfect start would be to catch an assassin at range, stun debuff 3 nukes game over where the only counter play would be to vanish ending the engagement or purge and try to close the gap. Which is pretty much game over for the assassin.
As an assassin the perfect start is in close quarters and not let you get distance while your pet snares.
In those situations there is about as much counter play to be had from both parties before you start putting moc in the equation imo.
You've done pretty well last 3 days I've seen your pet attack everything in range of you around Crau while you keep back out of harms way
I also garrote you every time you purge because I know you're making a B-line for the safety of the keep.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 3:48 PM by Pops999
And you vanish out of harm's way.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 5:15 PM by relvinian
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 1:59 PM

I decided to edit all the cursing out. I got baited by a bunch of a people and cursed once in region and was muted for 24 hours. I assumed someone had turned off their filter and then complained about my cursing.

Regardless, better not to get baited or to begin toxic and to stick to the points.

In my opinion, the issue and the question is legit.

Also can u use /switch to change weapons or is that just for shield. Whatever it is, u see people saying they want to buy 4 sets of the same weapon, we know they are switching. Even if it is manually.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 5:46 PM by Dominus
nah, they can endlessly weapon swap and add more poisons, debuffs etc.. pretty lame after a purge for them to simply reapply. Should have immunity after a purge imho.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 5:48 PM by Sindralor
Is this a troll thread? can't tell...

btw you want to purge then immediately pop double heal, not wait until 2nd round of poisons are coming in
Thu 15 Aug 2019 6:10 PM by relvinian
Sindralor wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 5:48 PM
Is this a troll thread? can't tell...

btw you want to purge then immediately pop double heal, not wait until 2nd round of poisons are coming in

will try that 1 2 3 purge pot heart
Thu 15 Aug 2019 6:16 PM by Roto23
So I don't get why you have "Golf bag" in your title?
Thu 15 Aug 2019 7:37 PM by Iuppiter
Roto23 wrote: So I don't get why you have "Golf bag" in your title?

Probably in reference to all the weapons they must be carrying around.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 9:04 PM by relvinian
The issues i see are two:

1. Allowing assassins to swap weapons over and over.
2. No immunity timer for disease.

Golf bag is like a golfer and his multiple clubs-- oh caddy, my 9 iron.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 9:46 PM by ExcretusMaximus
DAoC is a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors; casters are food for assassins, that is the way it should be.

When they can do that to tanks, every time, it becomes a problem.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 10:09 PM by Stoertebecker
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 9:46 PM
DAoC is a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors; casters are food for assassins, that is the way it should be.

When they can do that to tanks, every time, it becomes a problem.

And the way assassins want is that Tanks are food for them too
Thu 15 Aug 2019 11:55 PM by Numatic
Shouldnt have deleted the necro. Didnt see you complaining about Sins then

In all honesty, what you wanna do is start running away immediately after purge (if you're running around keep running after PA, youd be surprised how many sins dont sprint after PA), hit both your pots so you're back to full health and use your pets snare to kite. Assasins are garbage if you can get out of melee range. They are basically food at that point. Obviously it wont always work. You're gunna die alot and mostly to sins if you dont have support.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 10:46 AM by relvinian
I didn't realize there were assassins when i was on my necro.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 11:51 AM by mze
relvinian wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 5:15 PM
Sepplord wrote:

I decided to edit all the cursing out. I got baited by a bunch of a people and cursed once in region and was muted for 24 hours. I assumed someone had turned off their filter and then complained about my cursing.

Regardless, better not to get baited or to begin toxic and to stick to the points.

Also can u use /switch to change weapons or is that just for shield. Whatever it is, u see people saying they want to buy 4 sets of the same weapon, we know they are switching. Even if it is manually.

It doesn't matter on what class you are running, you are just flaming ur a** off.
When you see a stealther and nuke him, he can't do anything (except for vanish). When a stealther gets to hit you first, you can't do anything (except for moc etc.). Thats the god damn game. Get used to it and stop flaming so hard on every class you're playing.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 12:34 PM by kiectred
Reroll. I think an animist would suit you for so many reasons.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 1:03 PM by vxr
Assassins are OP
SMs are OP
BDs are OP
Ranger defense OP
Friar OP
Necros OP
Baseline stun casters OP
Minstrels OP

can we really have that many OP classes?
Fri 16 Aug 2019 2:09 PM by relvinian
mze wrote:
Fri 16 Aug 2019 11:51 AM
relvinian wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 5:15 PM
Sepplord wrote:

It doesn't matter on what class you are running, you are just flaming ur a** off.
When you see a stealther and nuke him, he can't do anything (except for vanish). When a stealther gets to hit you first, you can't do anything (except for moc etc.). Thats the god damn game. Get used to it and stop flaming so hard on every class you're playing.

Show me on this doll where my posts touched you.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 2:24 PM by florin
looks like someone got killed in an rvr zone on different character again
Fri 16 Aug 2019 4:49 PM by Leandrys
Not worth it to dump purge/moc most of time on assassins, you'll just find yourself alone in the wasteland with nothing to dd/pbae. Why is it so ?

Because vanish...

Imo now most assassins have purge 4 at least + vanish, might as well let yourself die and save your tools for another fight, excep if the guy is... Let's say 2L/3L, maybe 4L if you're lucky.

With my eld i'm able sometimes to kill them but only if i can force a bad purge with Ichor, then stun/dd, with chanter you almost have 0 tool to win that "fight".
Fri 16 Aug 2019 4:53 PM by vxr
Leandrys wrote:
Fri 16 Aug 2019 4:49 PM
Not worth it to dump purge/moc most of time on assassins, you'll just find yourself alone in the wasteland with doing to dd/pbae. Why is it so ?

Because vanish...

Imo now most assassins have purge 4 at least + vanish, might as well let yourself die and save your tools for another fight, excep if the guy is... Let's say 2L/3L, maybe 4L if you're lucky.

With my eld i'm able sometimes to kill them but only if i can force a bad purge with Ichor, then stun/dd, with chanter you almost have 0 tool towing that "fight".

For some time now, I usually pop an SL charge before they vanish. It's costly, but helps in securing kills.
Fri 16 Aug 2019 5:06 PM by Freedomcall
I think Relvinian likes being solo, I have seen him wondering alone with his warden or chanter just like he did with his necro.
But I think chanter is not a good char to fight ssins alone.
Cuz ssins can snare you anytime so you can't run away from them even with your snare pet.
So you should just face him and cast spells anyway, and in that case lifedrain really helps(which is the reason SM is almost impossible to kill solo)
"Maybe" body sorc with moc3+ could win ssins too but i'm not sure.
Going solo just for 10 minutes rut RA isn't worth I think anyway =P

Just go SM if you want to pwn every solo without worrying ssins.
Sat 17 Aug 2019 11:39 AM by gnefner
relvinian wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 12:51 PM
I complained about this in beta.

Take a look at this:

1. I was pa by inf.
2. an infection effects you.
3. you have been poisoned.
4. You seem weaker (str/con)
5. you cannot move.
6. I purge.
7. Infection clears up. you purge urself of maladies. etc.
8. Inf hits me some more.
9. You are diseased (again)
10. You heal urself using heart of legion for 120. (actually reverse this i drink heal pot first.)
11. You drink a heal pot, no message about healing (can i not use both?) Looking back i realize that i died before i could use the heart.
12. You are slowed.
13. wack wack.
14. You are dead.

How am i supposed to win this? Understand my snare pet has hit this guy several times and HE is SLOWED.
Why can these assassins keep switching weapons and do all this crap. Why bother to purge anything? Disease? OK, ur diseased again.

I'm completely temped. I have 6 epic procs. I used str/con and str pots, had 1222 hits.

Please tell me how to beat this?

You're a caster. Stop being an idiot.. Ofcourse an assasin will destroy you, it's kinda what they do. And really, are you complaining about weaponswapping now?
Sat 17 Aug 2019 11:46 AM by relvinian
I think it is also worth noting that two of the easiest solo classes in the game, assassins and speed classes-- inf/ns/sb, skald and minstrel-- both also have get out of jail free cards.

1. Assassins get vanish they can use when the fight goes against them.
2. Speed classes can use sos when the fight goes against them.
3. And actually ranger and hunter can use that speed song thing in cbt too, i think, unless damaged, to get away.
Tue 20 Aug 2019 9:38 PM by Siouxsie
relvinian wrote:
Sat 17 Aug 2019 11:46 AM
I think it is also worth noting that two of the easiest solo classes in the game, assassins and speed classes-- inf/ns/sb, skald and minstrel-- both also have get out of jail free cards.

3. And actually ranger and hunter can use that speed song thing in cbt too, i think, unless damaged, to get away.

1 and 2.. very true..

3.. not so much.. if hunter/ranger pops speed spell then gets damaged, the speed spell abruptly stops allowing anyone to catch up with you. It's garbage, really.
Wed 21 Aug 2019 3:45 AM by relvinian
to a lesser extent it is useful.
Wed 21 Aug 2019 7:08 AM by Sepplord
Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 20 Aug 2019 9:38 PM
relvinian wrote:
Sat 17 Aug 2019 11:46 AM

1 and 2.. very true..

3.. not so much.. if hunter/ranger pops speed spell then gets damaged, the speed spell abruptly stops allowing anyone to catch up with you. It's garbage, really.

to be fair, you don't get slowed if the speed breaks and it's not anyone that can catch up, it's "anyone with speed" which really narrows it down a lot. Especially since you can probably stealth as soon as they get their speed back.

Its not even close to the runaway capabilitites of vanish or SOS, but it isn't as garbage as you claim
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics