Revivifying Elixir (Disease cure)

Started 6 Aug 2019
by Kwall0311
in Suggestions
Trying to think of a way to put this without people complaining. Although to me its pretty straight forward. The idea here would mostly be used by solo/stealthers/ungrouped To avoid sitting out in the wild at 1% for 3 minutes. Seems it would have little effect on any 8 man action. Would be especially nice with the new "solo" area coming up soon.

Charged Magic Ability:
- 3 Charges
- 3 Max

Function: cure disease

All disease effects are removed from the target.

Target: Self
Casting time: instant

Can use item every: 1:00 min ( out of combat /use )

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=34153
Tue 6 Aug 2019 2:39 AM by gotwqqd
We have enough elimination of class skills with charges and pots
Tue 6 Aug 2019 2:55 AM by Kwall0311
Its an out of combat /use. Not sure how thats really taking away any class utility in a fight.
Tue 6 Aug 2019 6:25 AM by Sepplord
some people desease -> disengage -> reg and reengage low HP enemy...
i haven't done or seen it, since usually fights don't go that long wthout adds...but there are people that claimed having used that as a combat tactic

personally i wouldn't mind such a charge/potion but last time that was discussed, above argument was mentioned by a few
Tue 6 Aug 2019 11:58 AM by Turano
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 6 Aug 2019 6:25 AM
some people desease -> disengage -> reg and reengage low HP enemy...
i haven't done or seen it, since usually fights don't go that long wthout adds...but there are people that claimed having used that as a combat tactic

personally i wouldn't mind such a charge/potion but last time that was discussed, above argument was mentioned by a few
Disease is used for kiting or to prevent getting kited. I think a one minute out of combat timer on that potion is a fair compromise for the issue
Fri 9 Aug 2019 8:41 AM by Kemoauc
Yes, please give me something to get rid of it outside combat. 1 min timer is probably still too long but better than nothing.

In my entire time in RvR nobody ever used it as a tool to disengage and engage again. However I died a few times from people I killed in a 1vs1 situation that had enough time to release, port back and find me with my 5% health stuck in place.

Campfire regeneration already works even with disease outside combat but it is a pita to get them.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 9:45 AM by Sepplord
Kemoauc wrote:
Fri 9 Aug 2019 8:41 AM
Yes, please give me something to get rid of it outside combat. 1 min timer is probably still too long but better than nothing.

In my entire time in RvR nobody ever used it as a tool to disengage and engage again. However I died a few times from people I killed in a 1vs1 situation that had enough time to release, port back and find me with my 5% health stuck in place.

Campfire regeneration already works even with disease outside combat but it is a pita to get them.

Technically dieing is a disengage and porting back and killing you an engage...

(but yeah, only technically Imo you can have a desease cure)
Mon 12 Aug 2019 6:15 PM by Isavyr
Turano wrote:
Tue 6 Aug 2019 11:58 AM
Disease is used for kiting or to prevent getting kited. I think a one minute out of combat timer on that potion is a fair compromise for the issue

Why is disease lasting that long in first place? It's unnecessary/badly designed. DAOC doesn't need more consumables. Just fix the disease duration, particularly on assassins. If they didn't kill you in 1 minute, they failed, and disease should go away.
Tue 13 Aug 2019 8:47 AM by REVOLTE
i would LOOOOOVE to have this.
the other day i killed some random cab and was stuck THREE MINUTES(emerald simu disease) three. minutes.
thats an eternity.

i gotta say tho, i dont like the 1-min-out-of-combat-approach.
id rather make the pot have a very long casttime. 10, 15 seconds, which would make the item easily counterable.
hell, call the thing a salve even.
Tue 13 Aug 2019 4:35 PM by Roto23
Please add this to the game!
Wed 14 Aug 2019 2:20 PM by Kwall0311
They shouldnt have enough time to Ex. Fight you at bled bridge, lose, then grab a boat all the way back and still kill you at 5% with 30 second left on disease timer. Thats why the champion level cures were nice
Thu 15 Aug 2019 4:48 PM by REVOLTE
shameless bump.

today i got jumped by some garbage RR10 NS at docks, he realized he was losing and vanished. so i was sitting there on 50% hp, fully debuffed and diseased for 2mins....had to crawl my way back to the awkward faste .....wait a minute for disease to clear....had to wait another 20 secs to heal up.....and THEN had to go back to the dock to look for the NS. which i didnt find. meh.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 6:29 PM by Roto23
I like the dudes idea a few months ago of making First Aid also cure disease
Fri 16 Aug 2019 2:52 PM by chryso
Roto23 wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 6:29 PM

That is a fantastic idea.
Tue 20 Aug 2019 4:40 PM by REVOLTE
REVOLTE wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 4:48 PM
shameless bump.

²
Sat 28 Mar 2020 4:24 PM by Kwall0311
Bump for consideration
Tue 31 Mar 2020 4:59 PM by Skreen32
Roto23 wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 6:29 PM

This.

Also, bump for consideration.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics